people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Saturn381

Re: 2018/01/22 - Lest You Forget

Post by Saturn381 »

Oh and did I mention, FORGOTTEN!?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

All i can think of now is Winnie the Pooh. Ack.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

I think i know what the Forgotten's favorite word is
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

To be loved is never forgotten,
a fact Breel will soon remember.
A disaster grows until the hero shows
and Keene’s now the best contender.
Beautiful Breel’s losing the fight
but hanging on for every second.
With the others’ still to come through
the depth of bravery still to be reckoned.
It’s near the end now, in the grip
of a cold and forgotten terror;
the best thing to hope for now
is to hope optimism isn’t an error...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Oh, now I understand the thing's method of speech. It's talking in the third person, and refers to itself as "What is Forgotten" (I know I may seem dense, but I didn't pick up on that in the last page).

And it calls Breel "Remembered One." Hm, what might that mean?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

leinglo wrote:And it calls Breel "Remembered One." Hm, what might that mean?
Breel's unforgettable.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Is Tarot still lecturing?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

This is absolutely nonsense and come out of nowhere, but I suddenly have this fanfic in my head that Breel and that zombie T-rex knew each other in life, perhaps die at the same time, but Breel is remembered and mourned by people who knew him, maybe even til present day (remembered one) , while the "forgotten" is well, forgotten, so it got jealous, eventually become that thing.

I know it's nonsense, but ya know XD
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Serence Frostbite wrote:This is absolutely nonsense and come out of nowhere, but I suddenly have this fanfic in my head that Breel and that zombie T-rex knew each other in life, perhaps die at the same time, but Breel is remembered and mourned by people who knew him, maybe even til present day (remembered one) , while the "forgotten" is well, forgotten, so it got jealous, eventually become that thing.
Compared to a lot of the other stuff we've been throwing at the wall just to see what sticks that's actually not a half-bad theory. Maybe in life the Forgotten tried to push Breel in front the train, and somehow they both ended up dying from it, but the Forgotten was punished for what he did?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I may or may not have lost the ability to comprehend what is being said anymore. I think that's the joke? It doesn't really have a face to express with so I can't really tell what it's trying to convey. Is it confusing itself? Is it talking to Breel? Does it even remember it has Breel? What's happening anymore? :?
ImageImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:I may or may not have lost the ability to comprehend what is being said anymore. I think that's the joke? It doesn't really have a face to express with so I can't really tell what it's trying to convey. Is it confusing itself? Is it talking to Breel? Does it even remember it has Breel? What's happening anymore? :?
The demon talks in third person. It prefer to itself as "that which is forgotten", and Breel as "the remembered one" because Breel isn't forgotten, not yet anyway. In the last comic strip Breel said that for something that represent nothing, it sure has a lot to talk about, so in this strip, it replies by basically saying:
"you (the remembered one) say that I (that which is forgotten) talk too much (boast), but you don't understand the goal (ends) of my speech, I'm showing you where all things end up eventually: to be forgotten, including you"
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Serence Frostbite wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:I may or may not have lost the ability to comprehend what is being said anymore. I think that's the joke? It doesn't really have a face to express with so I can't really tell what it's trying to convey. Is it confusing itself? Is it talking to Breel? Does it even remember it has Breel? What's happening anymore? :?
The demon talks in third person. It prefer to itself as "that which is forgotten", and Breel as "the remembered one" because Breel isn't forgotten, not yet anyway. In the last comic strip Breel said that for something that represent nothing, it sure has a lot to talk about, so in this strip, it replies by basically saying:
"you (the remembered one) say that I (that which is forgotten) talk too much (boast), but you don't understand the goal (ends) of my speech, I'm showing you where all things end up eventually: to be forgotten, including you"
Ooooh, okay! That makes a lot more sense, thank you! :D
I couldn't tell if it was 3rd person, Second person, First person, or some weird back and forth of each. :oops:
ImageImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

So I'm wondering what Keene might have summoned up that's worse than this.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Jeez, this guy IS Mojo Jojo. :roll:
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Can't help but remember back before the mission started when Breele said "If something was able to hurt me, it would be really bad"
Frank

Post by Frank »

GameCobra wrote:All i can think of now is Winnie the Pooh. Ack.
Oh bother, you made me forget!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, Breel's clearly not on physical pain ... Yah gotta admire someone who keeps throwing off one-liners under such "crushing" conditions.....
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Serence Frostbite wrote: The demon talks in third person. It prefer to itself as "that which is forgotten", and Breel as "the remembered one" because Breel isn't forgotten, not yet anyway. In the last comic strip Breel said that for something that represent nothing, it sure has a lot to talk about, so in this strip, it replies by basically saying:
Oh, thank you very much. I figured it out that it spoke in 3rd person, and also some parts, but I wasn't exactly sure, what the forgotten said. Thanks again :)

The question is: Do we WANT to see where all things end up eventually? :shock:
TeflonCougar wrote:Can't help but remember back before the mission started when Breele said "If something was able to hurt me, it would be really bad"
In hindsight, it feels like Rick wanted to foreshadow an event like that.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I think The Forgotten keeps forgetting the conversation. :P
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Bill in OK

Post by Bill in OK »

I'm almost always wrong about predicting the direction of the arc, but I am imagining Keene going all commando on this thing, for Breel's sake. He is wearing a nightcap, after all.
King looks an awful lot like my own Corgi. That's one reason why he's my favorite, but I also like his attitude.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Bill in OK wrote:I'm almost always wrong about predicting the direction of the arc, but I am imagining Keene going all commando on this thing, for Breel's sake. He is wearing a nightcap, after all.
"Hey ugly, I am Keene Milton, I have been fighting big odds for months and I've been covered by the Press. I am not afraid of you, I can't be forgotten, I'm on the Internet!"
Carlitosfmc

Post by Carlitosfmc »

Bill in OK wrote:I'm almost always wrong about predicting the direction of the arc, but I am imagining Keene going all commando on this thing, for Breel's sake. He is wearing a nightcap, after all.
Since he likes to sleep a lot, the amplification of his powers could mean they are over 9...
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Neither here nor there, but on the third level of Dante's Inferno, the level where the Avaricious are punished, the demons also speak in baffle-gab.
Argent

Post by Argent »

NHWestoN wrote:Neither here nor there, but on the third level of Dante's Inferno, the level where the Avaricious are punished, the demons also speak in baffle-gab.
Fourth circle, the demon's name is Plutus, and his line is "Papé Satàn, papé Satàn aleppe." Seems like a different kind of confusion.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

Nooooo!! Breeeeeel!!! :(
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Didn't count limbo, Argent. Point's valid as no one's quite sure what Plautus says, but we still haven't figured what devil-goat's on about yet. Regards.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

NHWestoN wrote:Didn't count limbo, Argent. Point's valid as no one's quite sure what Plautus says, but we still haven't figured what devil-goat's on about yet. Regards.
Serence Frostbite wrote:The demon talks in third person. It prefer to itself as "that which is forgotten", and Breel as "the remembered one" because Breel isn't forgotten, not yet anyway. In the last comic strip Breel said that for something that represent nothing, it sure has a lot to talk about, so in this strip, it replies by basically saying:
This is a good translation.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

That demon is starting to get annoying. I hope some powerful force comes and sucker punches it mid-sentence.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

In the end, being forgotten is about the only hope left to those consigned to the "very-not-unpleasant-place"in the afterworld, but they do seek to share their pain and despair with others to the degree they can articulate. Breel, who is "angelic" ain't buying the con so, despite the monster's monstrosity, it can't really harm the little guy.

But this is Rick's world, so who knows? Maybe, anesthetized by Tarot's droning lecture, the wretch collapses, everyone gets splattered with mana, and Peanut becomes Master of the Universe.

And thanks for bringing Seance's interpretation back to my attention, Cyb. Forgetting not just for Infernals. Regards.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh no, poor Breel (I said so also to quote him :P), the thing is getting hard... :| So, seems that The Forgotten is Breel's rival, there should be something in their past. Show him where all the things end forgotten? It sounds a threat... :? I don't want the cute weasel to be forgotten. :(
jonas

Post by jonas »

I dunno about you, but I can't help but imagine the Forgotten's voice sounding like Dr. Claw.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

.... or The Swedish Chef from the Muppets.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

NHWestoN wrote:.... or The Swedish Chef from the Muppets.
BORK BORK BORK!
FOXX

Post by FOXX »

I bet a plot miracle will happen soon... any time now...
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

jonas wrote:I dunno about you, but I can't help but imagine the Forgotten's voice sounding like Dr. Claw.
NHWestoN wrote:.... or The Swedish Chef from the Muppets.
Personally I imagine him sounding like Dawn of War's daemon prince:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inQ7W6k_iY0
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

NHWestoN wrote:In the end, being forgotten is about the only hope left to those consigned to the "very-not-unpleasant-place"in the afterworld, but they do seek to share their pain and despair with others to the degree they can articulate. Breel, who is "angelic" ain't buying the con so, despite the monster's monstrosity, it can't really harm the little guy.

But this is Rick's world, so who knows? Maybe, anesthetized by Tarot's droning lecture, the wretch collapses, everyone gets splattered with mana, and Peanut becomes Master of the Universe.

I am Peanut Sandwich...
Fabulous secret powers were reviled to me when i held my magic hat aloft and said..
By the Power of Greyskull!
Grapejelly became the mighty Battlecat, An i became He-Dog! the most powerful canine in the Universe!!

Even stronger than SPOT!!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Keeshah wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:In the end, being forgotten is about the only hope left to those consigned to the "very-not-unpleasant-place"in the afterworld, but they do seek to share their pain and despair with others to the degree they can articulate. Breel, who is "angelic" ain't buying the con so, despite the monster's monstrosity, it can't really harm the little guy.

I am Peanut Sandwich...
Fabulous secret powers were reviled to me when i held my magic hat aloft and said..
By the Power of Greyskull!
Grapejelly became the mighty Battlecat, An i became He-Dog! the most powerful canine in the Universe!!

Even stronger than SPOT!!
Heh, it really doesn't help that the voice I imagine for Peanut is that of Yakko Warner.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here: