2018/04/13 - Turn In Your Badger

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
CanzetYote

Re: 2018/04/13 - Turn In Your Badger

Post by CanzetYote »

Badger badger badger badger. MUSHROOM MUSHROOM!
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

CanzetYote wrote:Badger badger badger badger. MUSHROOM MUSHROOM!
It's taken me months, but I finally know and understand all those "and"s.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Vanice wrote:So did Steward know a badger in his life? I mean Joel hated dogs and knew some and then became King. Thomas has Sofia and then became a camel. What badger does Steward know that affected his life?
For the coin, we don't have enough evidence to say how it works beyond theorizing (theorizing is still pretty fun), but for King, Pete outlined why him and why a dog. He needed someone old(ish) and discontent to transform and dogs and cats were the only options for avatars. Joel being kidnaped by his pets had the side effect that King assumed the transformation was to gain empathy for dogs so he didn't question Pete's motives further and Pete had no reason to correct him.
Onto the question of why Thomas brought the coin if not to transform Steward and why the air quotes around "share". My interpretation is Steward and Thomas went into their partnership with the agreement they'd split the treasure (evenly or otherwise). With the collapse of the temple, the only treasure Thomas could bring out was anything he grabbed when being dragged out by Sofia. If he only grabbed two coins then Steward's half would be a single coin instead of the $10,000,000,000 of gold they were expecting. The air quotes are there because Thomas is sarcastically saying "we are going to be caught and imprisoned, but at least we got what we came for", but the spoils are so small it doesn't matter.
The cape comes with the promotion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Since Pete is a Celestial and the Forgotten an Infernal, they likely have never interacted before.... But never say never in Rick's world...
OrWasIt.EXE

Post by OrWasIt.EXE »

NHWestoN wrote:Well, accountants frequently "badger" folks about their finances....
I was about to make that pun myself lol.

I'm definitely interested to see how Steward and Thomas try to deal with this, considering how different even Thomas' circumstances were to King's when it comes to them being transformed.
What do you get when you cram a shapeshifter, a dog-dragon, two wolves, a human, a robot, a bear, and a fox into one vessel? (They/Them pronouns)
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

TeflonCougar wrote:And I agree, it does seem to have at least cured the terror ivy.
Unless it's still there...under his fur...
OrWasIt.EXE wrote:Oooh, a badger!
Have we ever actually seen any badgers before in Housepets?
I don't believe we have.

I don't think we'll ever find out for sure what determines the species into which a human transforms due to the curse. It could be based on personality or association, or it could be totally random. Maybe we should badger Rick about a run-down~
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

vulpinator wrote: Sooooooo... what was the point of the quotation marks?
To be ironic about the ridiculously small portion of the treasure Thomas intended to give to Steward. One coin (out of tens of thousands of coins) is barely a share.
Thomas did not mean to curse Steward into getting turned into an animal: it shows when Thomas looks surprised at the result in the last panel.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Spitting out the coin was, I agree, merely intended as a sarcastic gesture, nothing more. But..........t'warn't.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think the surprise suggests it was unintentional.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Panther

Post by Panther »

The nitwit is now a badger ....... But a badger can be a nitwit ?

Go to check it to Jessica's friends : https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... 6/jarhead/

XD