SRP: Lounging around

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: SRP: Lounging around

Post by Deske »

Miguel gave a smile to the bear and hopped up onto a barstool and leaned forward on the counter, "One of the reasons why I turned in for the night, actually. Salty air was getting to the joints. If you have any sort of metal friendly lubricant and maybe a towel, I would be much obliged." He gripped the top of his muzzle and his lower jaw and slowly forced them apart, "That's the problem with untreated metals..." He waited to see if they had anything, "I've been meaning to ask, now that the surprise has worn off a bit: What is this place?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Now Owain glanced at the newcomer and ran through his brain to find the right words after swearing in Marcher. "Yer... yer a made've metal beast," he asked in confusion.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"They'd try'n EAT me," Owain replied, surprise in his tone. "Well, ah'm not that easy t' eat, y'know? Still..." He shook his head. "Not e'en th' vermin tried that. Quite a world y'got. Least'n mine we're all a bit equal, like?" He leaned in close. "An' none've them furless things saw in 'ere earlier, neith'r."
"Furless things? You mean you don't have humans? Huh." Flash said, wondering what a world like that would be like. "So if carnivores don't eat other animals... what do they eat? Also, it sounds like we'd like it where you are from." He said before becoming distracted by Miguel's admission of his mechanical nature.
Buster wrote:Returning to the counter, rem asked, "anyone else want anything?" glancing at the newcomer. "oh, um, your musculature emulation seems to be desyncing."
Deske wrote:Miguel gave a smile to the bear and hopped up onto a barstool and leaned forward on the counter, "One of the reasons why I turned in for the night, actually. Salty air was getting to the joints. If you have any sort of metal friendly lubricant and maybe a towel, I would be much obliged." He gripped the top of his muzzle and his lower jaw and slowly forced them apart, "That's the problem with untreated metals..." He waited to see if they had anything, "I've been meaning to ask, now that the surprise has worn off a bit: What is this place?"
"You're a robot?! That's totally awesome!" the tiny mouse said enthusiastically. Flash ran over to Miguel so fast, he might as well have teleported. He inspected the metal jaw and poked at the android's arm, totally thrilled and impressed by this revelation.

Oddly enough, Deus started to relax. As far as he knew, robots didn't eat and would have no interest in hurting Flash. Then again, there are more motivations for causing harm than for food...
"Flash, Don't pester robot person." He warned, feeling it would be better to be safe than squashed.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Passing Miguel a key, Rem comments, "utility closet is next to the bathrooms. it's the black spray can with the red stripe around it and the 'food safe' sticker. If it works on the pizza oven's conveyor it should work here."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Flash would find that while the fur on Miguel's arm felt real, the arm itself had barely any give like a real arm would. Miguel let out a laugh, drawing the corners of his mouth up into a smile. A faint green glow floated around the lenses of his sunglasses as his eyes followed the mouse's movements, "I'm glad you think so. I'm going to assume robots aren't very common in your world. Limited to the rich, I suppose."He turned to look over his shoulder at the bear, "You really don't have to worry, I'm pretty harmless. Really."
He took the key from Rem, "Thanks! I will be right back," he said to the mouse. He unlocked it and walked in searching for the can. He pulled one of the shelf that matched the description and turned it over to find the 'food safe' sticker. He opened his jaw a little wider and sprayed some of the substance into the back of his jaw, opening and closing it a bit to work it in. Once it was finally back in working condition he headed back to his seat and returned the key to Rem, "Thanks for that," he said, hopping back up onto the stool.
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

Houston looks around at all the newcomers.
"Age's gettin' to me. I spaced out and didn't see 'em walk in"

He glances at the funny mouthed one and says "First my arm, now a full cyborg??? I don't feel as unique as I did when I walked in here. Name's Houston. Pleasure to meet you. Ain't got to worry about gettin' arrested if you got a warrant. Off duty. Like to keep work at work..."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Not a problem." the ferret answers cheerfully, retrieving the utility room key, before his attention turned to trying not to laugh at Houston's understatement of a comment. guess I shouldn't mention one of yesterday's guests technically being a walking aquarium then.

"Pretty sure a dead universe condensed into a single building is out of your jurisdiction anyway." rem mumbled offhandedly.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"You're more of a cyborg than I am since you've got living parts, I'm more of an android since I'm 100% machine. But that's beside the point, looking around I'd say you're still pretty unique. Only one here who isn't all of something. Mostly living with a bit of the techno side of things going on. Gives you a broader perspective than any of us. That aside, it's good to meet you as well. I am Miguel." An ear clicked to the side as Rem mumbled about the dead universe.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:Flash would find that while the fur on Miguel's arm felt real, the arm itself had barely any give like a real arm would. Miguel let out a laugh, drawing the corners of his mouth up into a smile. A faint green glow floated around the lenses of his sunglasses as his eyes followed the mouse's movements, "I'm glad you think so. I'm going to assume robots aren't very common in your world. Limited to the rich, I suppose."He turned to look over his shoulder at the bear, "You really don't have to worry, I'm pretty harmless. Really."
He took the key from Rem, "Thanks! I will be right back," he said to the mouse. He unlocked it and walked in searching for the can. He pulled one of the shelf that matched the description and turned it over to find the 'food safe' sticker. He opened his jaw a little wider and sprayed some of the substance into the back of his jaw, opening and closing it a bit to work it in. Once it was finally back in working condition he headed back to his seat and returned the key to Rem, "Thanks for that," he said, hopping back up onto the stool.
Deus grunted in acknowledgement.

Meanwhile, Flash was back to his conversation with Owain. "Sorry about that. Anyway, I'm still curious. if carnivores where you're from don't eat animals, what do they eat?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Some 'them still do," Owain admitted before taking a drink, "bu' 's rare. Most've th' place eats grains an' fruits an'..." he struggled to think of the word 'vegetables' and gave up. "Parsnips an' oth'r growin' things an' Fish. 'S' all good, Flish."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

"Ha, I may be old but I ain't deaf... You're absolutely right though." Houston laughed out.

"Did I say cyborg? I know the feeling about rusty, locking joints."

Finally noticing Flash spastically running around, he finally says "You may wanna slow down a little bit before you accidentally get stepped on"

Just as he finished speaking, his arm started sparking and he screams in pain. "STAR HEADED SCREWDRIVER, QUICK PLEASE!!!"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Nothing in here uses screws..." Rem comments helplessly, glancing at the others his expression asking 'what do I do?'
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain laid out the wheelwright tools he carried on the bar top, including a few bevels and assorted small blades. "Dunno what y' wants, fella, bu', if'n anythin' there'll do...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel reached inside his jacket and pulled out a couple multitools with various ends on them, "Mostly phillips over here, maintenance was pretty standardized so the tools are accessible. I'm pretty sure you can use a flathead if you take the time to work it in enough..." He slid the tools down the counter to Houston.
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

Houston grabbed one of the smallest of Miguel's Flathead screwdrivers, shoves it in one of the holes, pushes it toward the ceiling, and pulls it towards the floor. The sparks stopped and he said "scares me every time. Thanks for all the offers for help!"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Now that the excitement was over, Flash went back to his conversation with Owain. "So what did you mean by weird furless things? Did you mean humans?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Aye, 's'em," Owain said, wiping his mouth on his shoulder sleeve, "First've them I met was 'ere th' last time. Real odd t'see."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"No problem. Glad I could be of assistance. I keep these tools around for similar reasons," he explained as he slid the multitools back into his jacket. "Does that happen frequently?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Aye, 's'em," Owain said, wiping his mouth on his shoulder sleeve, "First've them I met was 'ere th' last time. Real odd t'see."
"They're pretty much everywhere in our world." Flash said. "They're dangerous, but typically keep to themselves unless provoked."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain humphed. "SOunds like th' vermin in my worl', Flish," he said before taking a drink. "Rats, Llwynogod... uhh... Fox's, Feer'ts an' such." He looked around a little warily to make sure he'd not offended anyone before putting his tools away.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Flash looked a little confused. "I think we still have a "frame of reference" problem. All of what you just listed have tried to eat me on pretty much a daily basis all my life. Yes, even rats. Humans just don't like it when I enter their territory unannounced. If the "vermin" are just acting like humans in your world, you really shouldn't be so bitter. You're lucky." He was a little less cautious about offending people. He just figured no one here but Deus was from his world, so what he said didn't really apply to any of them anyway.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Sounds like y' got it tough, li'le Flish," Owain said simply, rolling a small gold coin unevenly around the table top. "Must be s'me good thin's, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"That can't be how that's supposed to operate... when was the last time you had that thing serviced?" Rem comments, still looking concerned.
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

"Its been about six years since I had it looked at. It's supposed to do that, I just thought I had a little bit more time before it happened. It's a stress reliever for my arm. Too much pressure built up in the pneumatics. It's a combo of pneumatics and electrics. The steam from the pistons hit a wire is all..." Answering Rem and Miguel's questions at the same time...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain shook his head and got down closer to Flash. "I have no clue what he's talking about," he confided to his little friend.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel lifted an eyebrow and glanced up at Rem, giving them a quick look of confusion and concern. "What an, uh, interesting design." He smiled at Houston. "Do all your pneumatics run off of steam and electricity in your world?"
Last edited by Deske on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Are you sure that's not assembled backwards or something? Sources of liquid and exposed circuitry together, are typically a bad combination." if anything that answer seems to be making Remnant more concerned, not less.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Sounds like y' got it tough, li'le Flish," Owain said simply, rolling a small gold coin unevenly around the table top. "Must be s'me good thin's, eh?"
"Well..." Flash thought for a moment. "I guess I just try to make the best of things. I've got Deus, for one. Also I'm going to be living more among humans. Like I said, humans are dangerous when provoked, so predators steer clear of them. But if you get permission to live among them and follow their rules, there's nowhere safer. Deus and I will be safe. We'll never have to worry about predators. We'll be..." He paused for a moment as a bunch of what he was saying sunk in. "... Extremely bored..." He lamented. "To be honest, running from carnivores and watching as Deus throws them into the next county is kind of the only entertainment we get aside from the few books we manage to find. Not sure what I'm going to do once that's gone. I guess... I could find more comics to read. That will probably be easier to do now that I'll be around humans." He said, talking more to himself than Owain now.

He seemed to have realized that he had gone off on a tangent, and so he apologized. "Anyway, there are good things. Like I said, I have Deus. He's a good friend. I also met some newer friends recently."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Fr'nds al'ays 'elp y' to decide when it's time t' settle, Flish," Owain said contemplatively. "Met a few recently m'self, at an abaty... um... abbey 'f all places. Ev'n got a possibl' lady friend. Do 'elp y' settle, don't they," he asked with a grin before frowning. "What is a... Cormic?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

The back door opened and a grey tabby with white paws and belly wearing a halo walked through the back door, nearly stumbling through it, and walked up to the counter, collapsing in a huff of exasperation.

"Your strongest drink please," he mumbled, before looking up, rather tired, waving to the rest of the patrons.

"Hi, sorry for just coming in," he said, "Hope I wasn't interrupting things, I shouldn't, again. My name is Miles."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Not a..." Owain started, tailing off a bit when he saw the halo, "...probl'm. Firs' p'rson inna bar I seen wi' one've them, bach," he said, pointing a little unsurely at the halo.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel turned as the door opened and the cat walked in, "You aren't interrupting anything, really." His eyes drifted up to the halo adorning the cats head, "So... What brings you in?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

noticing the new arrival, and the halo present above said arrival, rem raises an eyebrow at his request, before lifting up a bottle from behind the counter "Strongest? well, I've got this stuff, but it's meant for the... uh... I can't remember th word right now but the 'bigger folk' of your domain. ow... that really hurts the throat to imitate... it's pretty hard on everyone else." he explains, doing a weird echowy thing with his voice when he says bigger folk.

the label says Ithrum, and in tiny letters a the bottom mentions being made from mana and aether.

"You sure?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

When Flash sees the Halo, he doesn't look afraid or confused. Quite the opposite. He looks reassured. Though he can't help himself. "So... I'm going to ask what I probably shouldn't, but... what's up with the halo? I think I can guess, but it's been a weird day."
-Champion Motto

IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

Houston, kinda wincing, looked at Rem and said "Wouldn't surprise me, my dad built it after my... Accident. He built it with what he could scrounge together. He was one of the foremost experts in robotics from my homeworld. Unfortunately, after the hunter riot wars, there were limited supplies to work with. He passed away soon after it was built and attached to my spine and nerves, not trying to unnerve anyone when I say it... If anyone can help me work on it I'd appreciate the help.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles looks at Houston.

"He says, with an angel sitting right next to him," Miles said, then to everyone else, "As for the halo, well, gee, I'm kinda dead. Car wreck in the alcohol prohibition era of my universe. My mom was taking me to a doctor's appointment for a cough, which I carried through my ghost life, mind you, for about a few centuries, 80 or 90 or so I think. Lost a girlfriend too. I settled on a rural apple farm neighborhood and made a few friends. Then recently? Death finally found me and took me up. THEN a Paranormal event caused me to request to be sent back down so I could save a dog girl I had a crush on. Who, rightly didn't appreciate it and spat in my face about it saying I should have minded my own business. And the group of friends there? Decided that world wide mass murder and Armageddon to restart the planet is the best way to go forward to absolve their loss, grief, and heartbreak, despite repeated attempts trying to explain that that wasn't the best way to do that."

"So Owain," he said, "STILL don't think I don't got a right to be here?" Then he turned back to the ferret bartender.

"Yep," Miles said, "I don't care what it'll do to me either. Never had any of this stuff while I was alive. Maybe I was too good of a good little boy."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain shrugged. "Ne'er said y' didn't, ffrind, " he said evenly, "Jus' said y'were the first I'd seen 'ere. Sounds like y' got a real tale t'tell if'n y'want. But one thing first." He took a drink and looked at the ghost with a twinkle in his eye. "What is a... car? Some sort've cart?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well, for that I'd direct you to the weapon shop across the street, if across the street still existed." Rem commented to Houston as he poured a drink for miles. To miles explanation of his backstory he just asks "so, your world is an anime?"
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel nodded at Houston, "I might be able to help you later, but I'd have to get some tools from somewhere." He turned to Miles after his story, "Or maybe you were a little less daring when you were alive since death was a think. I'm pretty sure that's a 'living thing' trait. You know, trying not to die and all."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles stares blankly at the bartender for a moment, blinking.

"Yeah, yeah I guess your right," Miles said, "Never thought of it that way. I hope we don't have one of those, crazy crazy endings because the budget was cut and the animators decided to let loose, heh. But, as far as what a car is." He held a paw over the counter, and rays of light beamed out of it as a holographic image of a classic, 1920s milk truck appeared underneath.

Miles turned to Miguel.

"Eh, I suppose your right," he said, "But that's the imperative of all living things. Biological or not."

"I guess the only thing it has in common with a cart is the cart part," Miles said, the truck, "drove" across the counter to where Owain sat, a female driver got out of the truck, walked to the back, opened it's doors. She picked up a case of milk, walked a few steps, then set down the case, taking an empty case back with her. The cat in the passenger side helped with multiple crates.

"I don't know what you'd understand, but, the front casing houses the engine. The engine is like a complex mill of moving parts that is powered by gas and lightning. The engine is connected to the axles underneath, which is connected to the steering wheel, which turns the wheels, and thus, the machine," Miles said, and here, the driver and cat switched places, giving the driver a break, "Usually you'd need a license or something. But on country roads and mostly back then, people didn't question a driving cat. I miss my cap sometimes, but eh." The truck made it's way back to him, and the hologram switched off.

"During prohibition, milk trucks were often used to transport illegal beer and wine, the bottles would look the same and the authorities almost never noticed unless you were stupid. People would ask us if we had any, special stuff, the answer was always no," Miles said, "Me and mom had quite the successful business, heh. Well. Mostly."