2018/07/13 - Pack Coordinateur

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

2018/07/13 - Pack Coordinateur

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

[2018/07/13 - Pack Coordinateur ]
Title Text: he just likes to howl every time he gets a moon

probably smart to play it safe, it is Friday the 13th... not a great day to be camping, King.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
fenrirblack

Re: 2018/07/13 - Pack Coordinateur

Post by fenrirblack »

That is the most adorable thing. Both the cubs and the cougars.

Yes, but has he gotten all the moons? And if he has can he show me how because I’m missing three. The volleyball challenge, the s-class snow race, and the jump rope challenge from...well you know where.

No Jason how sad. But we did get adorable cougar cub. Surprising this did not go how I expected. Kudos.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

I can assure you Pueblo, they are strong.

Coordinated? Nah
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Wait a minute. King has a solar charger. A portable pancake grill. But is using a tent from the seventies. Marsbase or not I feel like King messed up on the tent situation.

Speaking of which, I feel like we missed a golden opportunity not having Gale wear a hockey mask.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Your mother's right Pueblo. The pack can probably kill you with their gaming skills.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Gale doesn’t understand the pack
doesn’t quite work as it did before
as she watches their interactions
from the bushes of the forest floor.
Pueblo has worked out the truth;
that at least the cubs have changed
but, when he finds out their secret,
he may think they’re deranged.
She’s stalking them in secret;
I’m sure ‘no-one’ knows she’s there.
Except, probably, for Miles
and he’s using her for the scare...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: Title Text: he just likes to howl every time he gets a moon
Man, that's a lot of howling xD
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Pueblo's dad is still nowhere to be seen. I wonder if Uncle Deadeye made Gale a widow?
The cape comes with the promotion.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Champion Wallace wrote:Pueblo's dad is still nowhere to be seen. I wonder if Uncle Deadeye made Gale a widow?
I doubt it. Despite the disadvantage she'd want him there for that revenge. They may well have fought though, considering her scars and I still wonder who bit her ear.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:Pueblo's dad is still nowhere to be seen. I wonder if Uncle Deadeye made Gale a widow?
I doubt it. Despite the disadvantage she'd want him there for that revenge. They may well have fought though, considering her scars and I still wonder who bit her ear.
This sounds like a job for....the internet!

Breeding males and females spend only a short time together after which time they separate, with the male playing no role in the rearing of young. Cougars become sexually mature at about 24 months of age. However, sexually mature cougars seldom breed until they have established a home range.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

They’re in the wild. Cougars are not pride animals. It’s just as likely he’s simply not in the picture.

Pueblo is still incredibly adorable. *squee*
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Macsen wrote:
They’re in the wild. Cougars are not pride animals. It’s just as likely he’s simply not in the picture.

Pueblo is still incredibly adorable. *squee*
I love his insistant 'Mom, mom, mom,mom!' when he's right next to her and they're trying to be stealthy.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Mr. Whisper

Post by Mr. Whisper »

fenrirblack wrote: I feel like we missed a golden opportunity not having Gale wear a hockey mask.
Does it help to try whispering Pueblo's incessant momming in the first panel to the tune of "ch ch ch aah aah aah?"
I mean, I assume he was whispering already.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Gale is not wrong.

In the wild, one on one, a cougar has the advantage on a wolf. Pack against cougar, wolf favour. Odd fact, cougars has a natural flight instinct when facing a barking animal. It is believed that early cougars developed a survival instinct against canines of the day, possibly wolves themselves.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Please,Gale ~ Please show us your powerful one-shotting pack abilities. :(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Pueblo's "Mom Mom Mom Mom" echoes Tiny Tum's interruption of Ink's debate with Jessica as he's trying to tell her Fox and Mungo are at the door. And it's equally sweet.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Can we make cougar stealth with their tails stuck out a thing? :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I just got an idea.

She attacks Poncho first. He finds himself attracted to her and hits on her. She is weirded out, stops, and it screws up everything.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

……. sounds like a 1930s romantic comedy. I love it, Macsen!
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:Wait a minute. King has a solar charger. A portable pancake grill. But is using a tent from the seventies. Marsbase or not I feel like King messed up on the tent situation.
We had electric skillets in the '70s. Honest. It wasn't all sharp sticks and stone knives.

Solar panels were rarer, but:

1979 - U.S. President Jimmy Carter installs the first White House solar panels.
1981 - President Ronald Reagan orders solar panels on the White House removed.
2003 - George Bush has a 9 kW PV system and a solar thermal systems installed on grounds keeping building at the White House

"Guess you guys aren't ready for that, but your kids are going to love it"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
007a83

Post by 007a83 »

Argent wrote:1981 - President Ronald Reagan orders solar panels on the White House removed.
Someone was salty
-NIC
I'm a Wah.
ImageImageImage
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It's time for a new segment "The Zoology Funtime Hour or So!" with your host, Fenrir the Wolf.

Cougars can breed year-round, but breeding is more common in winter and early spring. Several females may breed with a resident male whose home range overlaps theirs.
After 91 to 97 days of pregnancy, one to four (but usually two) kittens are born.
The bond between male and female is short-lived (about ten days), and the male cougar plays no role in raising the kittens.
Kittens stay with their mothers for 12 to 19 months following their birth.
Female cougars usually breed every other year.

Except for females with young, cougars are lone hunters that wander between places frequented by their prey, covering as much as 15 miles in a single night.
Cougars rely on short bursts of speed to ambush their prey. A cougar may stalk an animal for an hour or more

Cougars hiss, purr, mew, growl, yowl, chirp, and cry. The most sensational sounds they make are the eerie wailings and moans heard at night during mating season, especially when competing males have intentions toward the same receptive female. Such wails have been likened to a child crying, a woman’s scream, and the screeching of someone in terrible pain.

If it shows signs of aggression (crouches with ears back, teeth bared, hissing, tail twitching, and hind feet pumping in preparation to jump), shout, wave your arms and throw anything you have available (water bottle, book, backpack). The idea is to convince the cougar that you are not prey, but a potential danger.
If the cougar attacks, fight back. Be aggressive and try to stay on your feet. Cougars have been driven away by people who have fought back using anything within reach, including sticks, rocks, shovels, backpacks, and clothing—even bare hands. If you are aggressive enough, a cougar will flee, realizing it has made a mistake. Pepper spray in the cougar’s face is also effective in the extreme unlikelihood of a close encounter with a cougar.

These wild cats are very territorial. They attack any one who they consider to be an intruder into their land.

On an average, only one out of six cougar cubs survive to reach adulthood.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

fenrirblack wrote:It's time for a new segment "The Zoology Funtime Hour or So!" with your host, Fenrir the Wolf.

Cougars can breed year-round, but breeding is more common in winter and early spring. Several females may breed with a resident male whose home range overlaps theirs.
After 91 to 97 days of pregnancy, one to four (but usually two) kittens are born.
The bond between male and female is short-lived (about ten days), and the male cougar plays no role in raising the kittens.
Kittens stay with their mothers for 12 to 19 months following their birth.
Female cougars usually breed every other year.

Except for females with young, cougars are lone hunters that wander between places frequented by their prey, covering as much as 15 miles in a single night.
Cougars rely on short bursts of speed to ambush their prey. A cougar may stalk an animal for an hour or more

Cougars hiss, purr, mew, growl, yowl, chirp, and cry. The most sensational sounds they make are the eerie wailings and moans heard at night during mating season, especially when competing males have intentions toward the same receptive female. Such wails have been likened to a child crying, a woman’s scream, and the screeching of someone in terrible pain.

If it shows signs of aggression (crouches with ears back, teeth bared, hissing, tail twitching, and hind feet pumping in preparation to jump), shout, wave your arms and throw anything you have available (water bottle, book, backpack). The idea is to convince the cougar that you are not prey, but a potential danger.
If the cougar attacks, fight back. Be aggressive and try to stay on your feet. Cougars have been driven away by people who have fought back using anything within reach, including sticks, rocks, shovels, backpacks, and clothing—even bare hands. If you are aggressive enough, a cougar will flee, realizing it has made a mistake. Pepper spray in the cougar’s face is also effective in the extreme unlikelihood of a close encounter with a cougar.

These wild cats are very territorial. They attack any one who they consider to be an intruder into their land.

On an average, only one out of six cougar cubs survive to reach adulthood.
That's fine for the real world. (and educational. Thanks)

It doesn't apply to the HPU.

Here's a Kevin and Kell that tells why.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Eheheh, the young wolves are so similar to humans when it comes at using only one portable console in three. :D Ok Gale, you're right about the attacking tactics, but your son's suggestion isn't bad, eh. :P Also because they're so much distracted, besides be totally inexpert... :) Uhm, young wolves, what about try to use King's charger secretly? Just use your wolf's tactics. :P Ahah, Gale's face in the last panel says it all. :lol: And, Pueblo is so much cute! :D
007a83

Post by 007a83 »

fenrirblack wrote:Wait a minute. King has a solar charger. A portable pancake grill. But is using a tent from the seventies. Marsbase or not I feel like King messed up on the tent situation.
We don't really see the tent besides one edge of it. It's totality possible it is a mars base tent.
-NIC
I'm a Wah.
ImageImageImage
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

“The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless.”
― Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I think most of it still applies.

Pepper spray in the cougar’s face is also effective in the extreme unlikelihood of a close encounter with a cougar.

Cougars rely on short bursts of speed to ambush their prey. A cougar may stalk an animal for an hour or more.

Such wails have been likened to a child crying, a woman’s scream, and the screeching of someone in terrible pain. After being pepper sprayed I would say this is likely.

Then there are the more questionable ones.
"Several females may breed with a resident male whose home range overlaps theirs."
I hope that's not true for the HPU.

“There are people who think that things that happen in fiction do not really happen. These people are wrong.”
― Neil Gaiman
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Soooooo …. mayhem or s'mores?
Tiyos1017

Post by Tiyos1017 »

Just made an account to say that Pueblo's face in the last panel is literally the cutest thing.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Tiyos1017 wrote:Just made an account to say that Pueblo's face in the last panel is literally the cutest thing.
*thumbs up*

That’s two so far. Who else is going to make Pueblo their avatar?
NHWestoN wrote:Soooooo …. mayhem or s'mores?
How about s’more mayhem.
Argent wrote:Honest. It wasn't all sharp sticks and stone knives.
Really? I find that hard to believe. ;)
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

fenrirblack wrote: That’s two so far. Who else is going to make Pueblo their avatar?
I would, but mine is already a cougar.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"S'morhem" ? (S'mores and mayhem skillfully blended in an epic outing disaster.)
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

Maybe He Could Be A Future Boy Friend For A Certain Pup;)?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I brought this point up before so I'm going to again. What's going to happen after this chapter is over and there is a chance we never see Gale and Pueblo again? We have a classic over-popular character. I can tell that things are going to get ugly if something does not happen with Pueblo after this arc is over. At this point in the story Keene should just build an apartment complex in Babylon Gardens for feral animals so Gale and Pueblo can go live there. He can call it "Feral Garden Apartments" or just "Feral Gardens"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Not Keene. He retired. Lana's in charge.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Not Keene. He retired. Lana's in charge.
Oh right. I keep forgetting about that. I still find it hard to see Keene just relaxing by the pool with Breel. Keene strikes me as one of those people who still work even after retiring.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

fenrirblack wrote:I can tell that things are going to get ugly if something does not happen with Pueblo after this arc is over.
We do not allow ugliness of this kind on these forums. :P If people miss Pueblo or Gale after the arc is over, they will have to wait for Rick to throw in whatever cameos or outside artwork he chooses to make just like every other character in this comic. (Suggestions are, of course, fine ;) )
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Obbl wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:I can tell that things are going to get ugly if something does not happen with Pueblo after this arc is over.
We do not allow ugliness of this kind on these forums. :P If people miss Pueblo or Gale after the arc is over, they will have to wait for Rick to throw in whatever cameos or outside artwork he chooses to make just like every other character in this comic. (Suggestions are, of course, fine ;) )
Okay, I’ll let you deal with the fandom when this is all over. :D
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Dude, as a whole we've been doing it for a decade, we'll be fine.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

D-Rock wrote:Dude, as a whole we've been doing it for a decade, we'll be fine.
There’s something kind of sad about that. How are you not completely nuts by now?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Cycling moderators, peacekeeping, peacemaking, and enjoying the adorable cougar kittens while they're there. ;)
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.