2018/08/29 - Defend The Perimeter

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/08/29 - Defend The Perimeter

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/08/29 - Defend The Perimeter]
Title Text: *liiiiick*
eww stop it!

Well, Gale, seems with Lucretia you've learned that you definitely have to earn some victories.

Also the aftermath will probably hurt more than this.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/08/29 - Defend The Perimeter

Post by Saturn381 »

The moment King sees Gale, that's when he'll finally freak out.
javaman112

Post by javaman112 »

its so weird seeing Lucretia being anything but kind and sweet, that what the wild does to ya :?
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

So... are King and family going to the pit?

(Also, I dont know if this was already discussed but, Rodney, Snow, Elaine and the other members of the pack aren't here in the woods because they do want to adapt to the human society, right? Although I feel like it's an assumption)
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Marsbase, Yeah! Literarily the first thing I thought of.

Miles must have really done something truly terrible for Gale to be going through all this trouble. I mean if she wanted the wolves to leave then kidnapping everyone is extremely counterproductive.

The next question we need to ask, is King in danger. Is kidnapping King, Bailey and their puppies worth it. Are they guilty by association. Or are they just in the wrong place at the wrong time? Hmmm.

If King does get kidnapped will we see classic anxious borderline crazy King again instead of this stranger who I don't even recognize anymore?

Also let's take a moment to appreciate that it is KING who is telling MILES not to be a worrywart. Let us not forget Grape's infamous words after King had to be forcibly removed from the house for his date with Bailey "Ugh, he's such an annoying worrywart." If King actually said "annoying worrywart" I would have fallen out of my chair.

I do hope Gale is questioning her life choices at this point. I mean really.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Lurking close to their camp,
the female brings tears to her eyes.
He’s left the King open to attack
The Mild Rook is easy to despise.
The Cat Queen removes the Bishop,
the counsel to the Wolfen throne
She goes to join the pawns and knights
in the pit she will be thrown.
Now exposed, isolated, alone,
all help removed from the board;
the Rook the target to win the game…
but can the King really be ignored?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

fenrirblack wrote:If King does get kidnapped will we see classic anxious borderline crazy King again instead of this stranger who I don't even recognize anymore?
"This reminds me of when I got kidnapped on my third camping trip. Did you know that they make pepper spray specifically for bears now?" :lol:
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Hmm. Well, it looks like we're finally approaching a conclusion. Gale has taken Lucretia (though if she's in a position to bite, one has to wonder why she doesn't open her mouth to scream instead?), and Miles is running off into the woods by himself. Are we going to see the final confrontation between Gale and Miles on Friday, or will we see some interaction between Pueblo and/or Gale and King, Bailey, and the pups?

I wonder if perhaps Gale will send Pueblo into the tent to handle the "smaller targets" while she goes to challenge Miles, and Pueblo sees the pups and ends up making friends instead. Could help to diffuse the situation when Gale and Miles come to blows, which I think is inevitable at this point. Gale might've been able to strike up a deal with Miles before now, but since she put her paws on Lucretia, I feel like we're going to see another side of Miles we've not yet seen in the comic.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
007a83

Post by 007a83 »

fenrirblack wrote:Marsbase, Yeah! Literarily the first thing I thought of.
Yep

I also love how the entrance is classic tent.
-NIC
I'm a Wah.
ImageImageImage
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Fight Fight Fight! Housepets, it knows what I want.
I was saying before that Gale gets checkmate when she narrows the pack down to one or two because she can win a head on confrontation when they no longer have enough members for "coordinated pack tactics". I forgot how it's still in her best interest to use stealth because of bodily harm she would sustain even if she wins. How are those two tussling silently enough for Miles or King not to hear? As for if King and his family will be subject to Gale's retribution, we've gathered Mile's cubs hadn't been born when Gale was slighted, or were at least too young to remember, so they couldn't've done anything to Gale, but she threw them in the pit as well. As I see it whether or not Gale targets King depends on if Gale saw King associating enough with the pack to be considered a member and if her preseption can overcome the species barrier because he's not a wolf.
Last edited by Champion Wallace on Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:Fight Fight Fight! This comic, it know what I want.
I was saying before that Gale gets checkmate when she narrows the pack down to one or two because she can win a head on confrontation when they no longer have enough members for "coordinated pack tactics". I forgot how it's still in her best interest to use stealth because of bodily harm she would sustain even if she wins. How are those two tussling silently enough for Miles or King not to hear? As for if King and his family will be subject to Gale's retribution, we've gathered Mile's cubs hadn't been born when Gale was slighted, or were at least too young to remember, so they couldn't've done anything to Gale, but she threw them in the pit as well. As I see it whether or not Gale targets King depends on if Gale saw King associating enough with the pack to be considered a member and if her preseption can overcome the species barrier because he's not a wolf.
I wonder if The puppies would be a deterrent for her since they’re so young. Although King and Bailey are honorary wolves. Honestly theyre no threat so I can’t see Gale (or Rick) wasting time kidnapping them. Especially since Miles is so close. Fight! Fight! Final!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

This should be a good meeting. I suspect Miles is going to be quite angry, and we are going to see how well he can handle himself.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Thumb tongue-hold. Not a classic wrestling move but this is "The Wild"... Gale's almost completed her "collection", then what ..... ? She could probably grab up the tent and game bag King, Bailey, pups and all. It does seem strange that King's "Somethin's-wrong-'cause-somethin's-ALWAYS-WRONG!" anxieties have failed him at this juncture...

Or are the dogs up to something, too? You're gonna miss that thumb, kitty....
Mr. Whisper

Post by Mr. Whisper »

Finally, we can bring this to a conclusion! I was beginning to wonder if dragging this big ol' war drum through the woods was gonna be worth it!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Friday: Miles & Lucretia in the pit. Tied up like sausages.

Poncho: I guess the net wasn't such a good idea after all.

Monday: Gale arrives at the tent, and Bailey struggles out through that tiny entrance* in full avatar battle armor.

Gale is unimpressed by the undramatic entrance.

Bailey: It's a nice tent, I didn't want to tear it!

* Was that the original plan or did Rick retcon it to troll us?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

*gasp*

Gale learned to do horror movie teleporting.

Though not quite well. :3

Fun to see how these two would get along in a 'fight'.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

javaman112 wrote:its so weird seeing Lucretia being anything but kind and sweet, that what the wild does to ya :?
It is weird indeed. But she can be like that out of the wild too...
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

You know what would be super funny, if in the next strip we see King talking to Bailey inside the tent when all of a sudden this shadow appears outside. King is like “great it’s happening again.”

Better yet, we think it’s Gale but it turns out to be someone completely different! :shock: Plot twist.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Is Kitsune showing up ??
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

And so, Miles is going to look for the wolves pack. He must do it, at this point. :| Eheh, also if King is small, he thinks to be able to look for his and his family safety... :P Keep the same and eye on them, Lucretia, will be better for them. ;) But, what? She can't? Wow, she has been already captured by Gale... :? Cougars are really fast. :P Now Gale must be really close to the tend, and so, I'm worried for King's family, also if that isn't in Gale's purposes... :shock:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

It amuses me that the one time King is totally not worried and telling others to calm down is the time when there's some real danger.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Maybe he knows something we … and Miles … and Gale … don't know. Or not.
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

Something tells me King will be the Bear Grylls of Babylon Gardens.

And probably knockdown Gale leaving everyone speechless. I can already hear the background's music Survivor
"It's not a good thing to be remembered, and the worst is I remember." - McTwisp
Castlemight

Post by Castlemight »

Probably wishful thinking, but I want the Great Kitsune to make an appearance. That or Bailey getting angry and just demolishing Gale. On an unrelated note, earlier in the comic Karishad got tracking collars from some mountain lions. Does that mean he met Gale?
Yamitora1

Post by Yamitora1 »

Lucretia: *Lick* Why do I taste lovestruck young male wolf on you?
Twilight

Post by Twilight »

Not able to find a real "reputable" source that defines the PSI a wolf's jaws are capable of, but I would imagine that Gale's hand should be in a very unusable state after that one.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Twilight wrote:Not able to find a real "reputable" source that defines the PSI a wolf's jaws are capable of, but I would imagine that Gale's hand should be in a very unusable state after that one.
Possibly the reason for the tears in her eyes.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Wow, this one's getting dark in more ways than one...

I'm kind of expecting Bailey or King to pull out a gun or something really left-field like that, because I'm really sure where else this could go that isn't really dark if Gale is actually going to go after King and Bailey...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

More likely, King will use bear spray and then Bailey will FACE Gale.

Or they’ll be left alone. Camp attacks and attacks on pets don’t often go unpunished by human authorities.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Yeah, I'm really hoping King remains completely undisturbed and is the only one who's sad it's time to go back home :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Given Rick's sense of humor, the saga may close with King and his crew packing up, heading home, delighting in the marvels of the great outdoors, TOTALLY oblivious to the drama and carnage that raged around them. ;)