2018/10/08 - Talking To The Camera

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/10/08 - Talking To The Camera

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/10/08 - Talking To The Camera]
Title Text: oh, hon, I'm just joking, I know they're called nintendos

I got no witty retort for this. It's just funny.

What a callback, though.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/10/08 - Talking To The Camera

Post by Saturn381 »

Isn't that wolf in panel three the same one that Poncho was sniffing at in this strip?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Looks like it.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

I would definitely subscribe to Lucretia's channel
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Dang, how bad did Gale reject him that he decided to pick up a zoo animal? Jesting aside, nice to know we may finally have a way to involve the old zoo animals in arcs now with that reveal. Finally, there will not be a grand total of two comics featuring otters in them. Also, I really hope the fortnite reference dates this comic bad
javaman112

Post by javaman112 »

Noo lucretia you were my favorite
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Why do I feel like catnipjones-58 is Max? I feel like he’s used that username somewhere but I don’t know where. Regardless, wonder how the wolf feels about having cats in his main audience?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Okay, first You do Not mess with Twilight Princess! it is a gem that is sacred and flawless. And the best in the series.

Second, I think this was so funny and Rick has been reading too much Savestate.
Also is it me or does Rick dound like he’s getting annoyed on Facebook. His comment when he posted this strip was odd. It’s been happening a lot lately.

Lastly, who is Poncho talking too? More importantly, how the howl does he know who Stephen Stills is?
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Tech calls and he’s there to take it
Doing what he knows best.
Hunting the electronic prey,
putting his skills to the test.
Lucretia is stealing his thunder,
being the happy mom on the web.
She needs to be careful of net fame
or she could be dancing as a celeb.
Poncho has found a lady to ‘love’.
She’s not Gale but never mind.
In the matter of furthering the family
he really did need his own kind.

(Seriously, the Brit show Strictly Come dancing - our version of Dancing with the Stars - has sunk so low that Youtube bloggers are on it now.)
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

fenrirblack wrote:Okay, first You do Not mess with Twilight Princess! it is a gem that is sacred and flawless.

No game is perfect. I'm sure his issue could be with how Wolf Link acts.
Hm, anthro wolf Link? Seen that on occasion.
Could make for a fun reference.
Also is it me or does Rick dound like he’s getting annoyed on Facebook. His comment when he posted this strip was odd. It’s been happening a lot lately.
I should check that out.
Lastly, who is Poncho talking too? More importantly, how the howl does he know who Stephen Stills is?
See title of the strip, and he's lived in civilization long enough to know of some quotes, I imagine.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: (Seriously, the Brit show Strictly Come dancing - our version of Dancing with the Stars - has sunk so low that Youtube bloggers are on it now.)
I imagine the important thing is whether or not they can dance. :P
Ruska

Post by Ruska »

It sounds like the zoo changed it’s policies on applications.

Also, Yay! Poncho and the female zoo wolf can be together now!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:Why do I feel like catnipjones-58 is Max? I feel like he’s used that username somewhere but I don’t know where. Regardless, wonder how the wolf feels about having cats in his main audience?
That’s my guess. His owner is Jeff right? I don’t think we ever learned his last name.
D-Rock wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Okay, first You do Not mess with Twilight Princess! it is a gem that is sacred and flawless.

No game is perfect. I'm sure his issue could be with how Wolf Link acts.
Hm, anthro wolf Link? Seen that on occasion.
Link was cursed by evil dark Twilght Realm magic so of course he’s not going to be normal. Especially with Minda riding him everywhere. Wait a minute, oh I think I understand what you and Deevee are saying. Link was a feral wolf not anthropomorphic so that must be what’s wrong.
I bet Deevee hasn’t even read the manga.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Anyone else think it's odd the game Deevee is ranting about is Twilight Princes? On the face of it, Twilight Princes is something I could definitely see someone ranting about, but that game came out before Deevee was born. He was born well after the DS era and Twilight Princes came out near the start of the DS era.
The cape comes with the promotion.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Poncho's hired part-time huh? That raises the question, is his pay a salary, per hour, or per "contribution?"
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

And me showing the gaps in my pop culture knowledge: Googles 'Twilight Princess' ..... "Oh, right, the werewolf one. I suppose he would have opinions about that."
#Playstation #PCMasterRace :P

Seriously though, I just love the idea of a livestream rant being interrupted with by live blog. When that clip inevitably shows up in a reaction compilation it'll be perfect. :twisted:

And Poncho looks happy, so I guess that worked out.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:Okay, first You do Not mess with Twilight Princess! it is a gem that is sacred and flawless. And the best in the series.

It’s... honestly kinda hard to be sure, could be self deprecating humor there, but he’s been known to get frustrated with fans like us requesting stuff from time to time. Personally, I don’t mind certain characters not getting developed the moment they show up, as long as they are background or support types, that’s not gonna be that noticeable... though he kinda does need to do that with Max, boy has barely gotten anything and he’s basically a part of the main cast. I do have to wonder though, does Rick need a break from the comic? And like a long one I mean, not just some time off with guest comics.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:Anyone else think it's odd the game Deevee is ranting about is Twilight Princes? On the face of it, Twilight Princes is something I could definitely see someone ranting about, but that game came out before Deevee was born. He was born well after the DS era and Twilight Princes came out near the start of the DS era.
2006. It came out along with the Wii because it was supposed to be just for the Gamecube but things happened so it came out for both. Odd strip to show there. Although it’s odd that Rock even knows what Gameboys are considering how young he is.

And it is more than just the werewolf one! To this day it is ranked amount the best in the series along with Breath of the Wild and Ocarina.
Gameb18oy wrote:
It’s... honestly kinda hard to be sure, could be self deprecating humor there, but he’s been known to get frustrated with fans like us requesting stuff from time to time. Personally, I don’t mind certain characters not getting developed the moment they show up, as long as they are background or support types, that’s not gonna be that noticeable... though he kinda does need to do that with Max, boy has barely gotten anything and he’s basically a part of the main cast. I do have to wonder though, does Rick need a break from the comic? And like a long one I mean, not just some time off with guest comics.
Yeah we’re annoying but I think (or hope at least) he knows it’s all in jest. Like I say things and recommend stuff all the time but I never expect anyone to take it seriously. Half of what I post is intended as humor. Except when it comes to Twilight, I’m dead serious.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I simply figured that as a wolf, he'd notice when a wolf seems off. But yeah, easily waved away by the fact that it was an unexpected transformation. Also, there was a manga? Only aware of the one for Link to the Past, but haven't read it.

I was born in 1992, doesn't mean I have no clue what the NES, Atari, and Magnavox Odyssey are. You can pick up systems and games from before your time. Heck, I have a small collection of Atari 2600 games.

And not everyone plays it. Not everyone loves it. People have their own opinions on the matter, no matter how generally loved a series is. For example, I'm not fond of Call of Duty, yet it's extremely popular. I always preferred the scifi feel of Halo. :)
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote: It’s... honestly kinda hard to be sure, could be self deprecating humor there, but he’s been known to get frustrated with fans like us requesting stuff from time to time. Personally, I don’t mind certain characters not getting developed the moment they show up, as long as they are background or support types, that’s not gonna be that noticeable... though he kinda does need to do that with Max, boy has barely gotten anything and he’s basically a part of the main cast. I do have to wonder though, does Rick need a break from the comic? And like a long one I mean, not just some time off with guest comics.
Yeah we’re annoying but I think (or hope at least) he knows it’s all in jest. Like I say things and recommend stuff all the time but I never expect anyone to take it seriously. Half of what I post is intended as humor. Except when it comes to Twilight, I’m dead serious.
I'll admit, one time at work I did find myself wondering, Rick’s fanbase seems to bring him so much annoyance, aggravation, and frustration, but have we ever done anything to make him notably proud?

Then I came home and found the discussion had devolved into debate over Eudoant’s gender and I concluded: nope. We probably have not.
Mr. Whisper

Post by Mr. Whisper »

Lucretia in Panel 2 is so adorable I can think of her to not feel guilty when I punch Isabelle in Smash
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

D-Rock wrote:I simply figured that as a wolf, he'd notice when a wolf seems off. But yeah, easily waved away by the fact that it was an unexpected transformation. Also, there was a manga? Only aware of the one for Link to the Past, but haven't read it.

I was born in 1992, doesn't mean I have no clue what the NES, Atari, and Magnavox Odyssey are. You can pick up systems and games from before your time. Heck, I have a small collection of Atari 2600 games.

And not everyone plays it. Not everyone loves it. People have their own opinions on the matter, no matter how generally loved a series is. For example, I'm not fond of Call of Duty, yet it's extremely popular. I always preferred the scifi feel of Halo. :)
There IS a manga. Vol 4 came out a month ago. Vol 5 is out next... JULY! what! Anyway almost all the game got a manga.

Again humor but mostly serious ;) . I know what some people feel about Twilight. And I push the feelings of rage deep down inside me so not to overreact. And yeah I hate all first person shooters so...
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:It’s... honestly kinda hard to be sure, could be self deprecating humor there, but he’s been known to get frustrated with fans like us requesting stuff from time to time. Personally, I don’t mind certain characters not getting developed the moment they show up, as long as they are background or support types, that’s not gonna be that noticeable... though he kinda does need to do that with Max, boy has barely gotten anything and he’s basically a part of the main cast. I do have to wonder though, does Rick need a break from the comic? And like a long one I mean, not just some time off with guest comics.
Yeah we’re annoying but I think (or hope at least) he knows it’s all in jest. Like I say things and recommend stuff all the time but I never expect anyone to take it seriously. Half of what I post is intended as humor. Except when it comes to Twilight, I’m dead serious.[/quote] edit: (argh!!! I cannot understand how to setup this stuff!)

I’m just worried it will be like that one panel set in hell during the temple crashers mega arc (note, I actually think that was a breath of fresh air and I kinda wish more of that arc had been set there). I still don’t get why Rick was so upset by people’s reaction... of course I never did see how Facebook reacted, I just assumed it was the forum that must be where he got upset.
leinglo wrote: I'll admit, one time at work I did find myself wondering, Rick’s fanbase seems to bring him so much annoyance, aggravation, and frustration, but have we ever done anything to make him notably proud?

Then I came home and found the discussion had devolved into debate over Eudoant’s gender and I concluded: nope. We probably have not.
I’ll give a brief defense, that the fancomics might cheer him up a little, though I will admit I get what you’re saying. Is a shame there isn’t more appreciation shown more often, this comic is always a nice treat for me, makes dealing with college classes a bit easier.
Last edited by Gameb18oy on Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I do worry about him sometimes. Yeah I always felt like we should use the “gratuitous praise for Rick Griffin” page more often. I’ve only been reading these comics since April but it’s become such an important part of my life and open the gates to other comics like Savestate, TwoKinds, and Kaerwyn. Like I say, if we didn’t care we wouldn’t be here.

Although I do have to ask why that wolf is all up on Poncho? Isn’t the other wolf her mate?

Also can someone explain how DeeVee making gaming videos online is creating “income?” Like I know people make livings on YouTube but still I never figured out how or why?
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:Yeah I always felt like we should use the “gratuitous praise for Rick Griffin” more often. I’ve only been reading these comics since April but it’s become such an important part of my life and open the gates to other comics like Savestate, TwoKinds, and Kaerwyn. Like I say, if we didn’t care we wouldn’t be here.
How is Savestate in the later comics by the way? Saw that comic awhile back, I feel the artstyle was a little too much like Rick’s and I wasn’t enjoying the humor very much up to what I read. Also, links to the other two?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I love Savestate because I'm a big gamer so I get a lot of the references that are made. Actually I was just rereading it before this strip was posted.

https://kaerwyn.blacktapestries.com

http://twokinds.keenspot.com (warning about this one. It's old. Like really old so the art style was pretty bad until like chapter 11.)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, Mr whisper, that is a delightful full-face shot of Lucretia. Atari? Heck, I still got a Commodore in the attic. Right beside the Kaypro.....
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Real quick. this has been bothering me, what is DeeVee holding? For the life of me I can’t figure it out.

I think it’s so sad ( and a bit funny) that Mikes and Lucretia are now “those” parents where they don’t understand basic modern technology or terminology. I’m mean really “blog” with quotes. Really Miles? And Lucretia with a blog is extremely funny considering how she acted during the baby shower chapter. I think people read it not for the advice but for a quick laugh at her expense. :lol: “Fortnites” I understand because I don’t play it therefore I don’t know anything about it. Which makes me wonder if DeeVee is someone who doesn’t play either or just didn’t want to stream it on YouTube.

A+ on the shirt. I have one just like it.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

fenrirblack wrote:Yeah we’re annoying but I think (or hope at least) he knows it’s all in jest. Like I say things and recommend stuff all the time but I never expect anyone to take it seriously. Half of what I post is intended as humor. Except when it comes to Twilight, I’m dead serious.
The assumption is generally that people say what they mean. "You gotta say what you mean, boy!"
leinglo wrote:I'll admit, one time at work I did find myself wondering, Rick’s fanbase seems to bring him so much annoyance, aggravation, and frustration, but have we ever done anything to make him notably proud?

When folks aren't calling for Rick's head or engaging in highly pedantic behavior, y'all can be pretty neat! A lot of the Fox & King pictures were pretty cute, too!

but fer serious, tho'

Rick appreciates y'all. He started making the comic as a fun thing for himself and his friends and it's gone dramatically differently than many probably expected. Housepets! speaks to a lot of people and, along with Rick's other art (comics, stories, one-offs, character pieces, et cetera), built a fanbase that allows Rick to engage his passions as a career. Not many people make a living doing what they love and, though the screennames and avatars frequently change (believe me, in the last decade, there've been so many), y'all are responsible for it.

If I may take just a moment more of y'all's time, I'd like to say I appreciate you, too. A long time ago, I spent hours a day reading every new post and comment and interacting with the community here and, while I don't devote as much time to this place as I once did, I keep an eye on it. Housepetters! make up one of the most well-behaved Internet communities I've ever belonged to and I'm proud of each of you.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Dissension wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Yeah we’re annoying but I think (or hope at least) he knows it’s all in jest. Like I say things and recommend stuff all the time but I never expect anyone to take it seriously. Half of what I post is intended as humor. Except when it comes to Twilight, I’m dead serious.
The assumption is generally that people say what they mean. "You gotta say what you mean, boy!"

True but I like you guys and you make me feel like I can be myself. You make me laugh. I think I do mean what I say most of the time it just for some reason gets taken the wrong way :roll: Like I said you guys amuse me.

Dissension wrote:
leinglo wrote:I'll admit, one time at work I did find myself wondering, Rick’s fanbase seems to bring him so much annoyance, aggravation, and frustration, but have we ever done anything to make him notably proud?

When folks aren't calling for Rick's head or engaging in highly pedantic behavior, y'all can be pretty neat! A lot of the Fox & King pictures were pretty cute, too!

but fer serious, tho'

Rick appreciates y'all. He started making the comic as a fun thing for himself and his friends and it's gone dramatically differently than many probably expected. Housepets! speaks to a lot of people and, along with Rick's other art (comics, stories, one-offs, character pieces, et cetera), built a fanbase that allows Rick to engage his passions as a career. Not many people make a living doing what they love and, though the screennames and avatars frequently change (believe me, in the last decade, there've been so many), y'all are responsible for it.

If I may take just a moment more of y'all's time, I'd like to say I appreciate you, too. A long time ago, I spent hours a day reading every new post and comment and interacting with the community here and, while I don't devote as much time to this place as I once did, I keep an eye on it. Housepetters! make up one of the most well-behaved Internet communities I've ever belonged to and I'm proud of each of you.
Thanks for those kind words. We behave because the moderators bring down the hammer hard on anyone who steps out of line. I learned that my first few weeks here when I was still learning how "forums" work and how "conversations" work. We are not pedantic, we just care...too much...about a webcomic. We definitely don't call for Rick's head. That kind of behavior is saved for DeviantArt.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:Anyone else think it's odd the game Deevee is ranting about is Twilight Princes? On the face of it, Twilight Princes is something I could definitely see someone ranting about, but that game came out before Deevee was born. He was born well after the DS era and Twilight Princes came out near the start of the DS era.
2006. It came out along with the Wii because it was supposed to be just for the Gamecube but things happened so it came out for both. Odd strip to show there. Although it’s odd that Rock even knows what Gameboys are considering how young he is.
Yes, the DS came out two years before Twilight Princes, but the 3DS didn't come out till 2011, so I say that still puts Twilight Princes in near the start of the DS era. The strip I linked to was my way of citing my quote because the alt text for that strip was Rockstar Hawk saying "Besides, we were born well after the DS era". I don't know how old the ferrets are of how fast they age, but "Gameboy" is one of the generic term for handheld Nintendo systems when the speaker doesn't know what they're talking about. It's like Jill calling Peanut's wii his "nintendo" at the end of the first arc.
D-Rock wrote:I was born in 1992, doesn't mean I have no clue what the NES, Atari, and Magnavox Odyssey are. You can pick up systems and games from before your time. Heck, I have a small collection of Atari 2600 games.
It's not impossible to know a game that was made before you were born, it's just I wouldn't expect strong feelings to be as likely if you didn't grow up with it. If he didn't like Twilight Princes, then he could just leave it in the sands of time with Zelda II: The Adventure of Link and Skyward Sword. Originally I thought his beef was with the continuity of the Zelda storyline and what it made of rejected as cannon. I hadn't considered that, as a wolf, he would take issue with the parts of the game where you play as a wolf.
Gameb18oy wrote:Personally, I don’t mind certain characters not getting developed the moment they show up, as long as they are background or support types, that’s not gonna be that noticeable... though he kinda does need to do that with Max, boy has barely gotten anything and he’s basically a part of the main cast.
I would like to direct you to Scaredy Cats, Housepets Babies!, THE GALLIFRAX PROTOCOL, Jungle Fever and Housepets 5000 BC.
Last edited by Champion Wallace on Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The cape comes with the promotion.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

so, DeeVee is a streamer, but I wonder... was his audience surprised to see an animal streaming or has that been a common thing for pets before he started? is he only special cause he's a wolf?

also, are they all streamers or are they finding other ways of making the muns online? is one of them making bank as a voice actor doing believable animal noises?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

"Do you always say his full name?"

"Who, Stephen Stills? Yes."
Mr. Whisper

Post by Mr. Whisper »

It took me way longer than it probably should have to remember that Stephen Stills is Scott Pilgrim's best friend...
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

DVS is on Twitch?

And is he starting to gain weight like Uncle Daryl? :?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Macsen wrote:DVS is on Twitch?

And is he starting to gain weight like Uncle Daryl? :?
Nah. He's just muscular and slouching slightly. Often done to get a good camera angle when sitting.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Saturn381 wrote:Isn't that wolf in panel three the same one that Poncho was sniffing at in this strip?
that's what I wondered when I saw her. I considered this one of the unresolved teasers. We still haven't seen Peanut and Grape on the date she agreed to at the end of the puppy sitting arc. Not that we really need it, they both have girl/boy friends so the date would just be a night out.

I don't follow social medias myself, so I don't know what comment of Rick's everyone is talking about. I do know that we can get too attached to our theories and rather than accept diversity and agree to disagree we can sometime dig our trenches and ready the next salvo. We need to stop it. I am not an innocent bystander, I got a bit too attached to the "ceded" point at the start of this arc. I even resorted to online dictionary links. Then 30 seconds later decided it was too aggressive and edited them out.

What you are looking at right now is a screen with text. It doesn't smile, wink, wince, scowl. Just words and when the next person sees them, their mood will shape their perception. So if I just had the morning from the dark pits and see a post with edgy humor, I may see it as an aggressive statement. For the sake of ourselves, each other, our passion for the comic and our appreciation for the creator, I think we all, yes I include myself, need to do better.

No excuses. A lot of you are creatives, how would you like it if a few dozen people who claimed to be your fans told you "what you are doing wrong"? Not once but every time? Or they told you how you should shape the story for them? Not a good feeling.

I've heard it explained this way, consider the joy Rick gets for the comic and the fans as water in a bucket. New comic pops up, arc done, looking to the start of the next and the bucket is full of Joy Water. Then someone asks why one of the characters looks so different.

a dipper takes small bit of water out of the bucket

then someone jokes the next story better be about their favorite character

more water is dippered out.

someone makes a theory, someone disputes it and they argue

more water.

comment by comment, statement by statement, argument by argument, another dipper of water until the dipper scrapes the bottom of the bucket and we as a collective have stolen all the joy.

And we do it again
and again
and again.

no one of us does it all, but as a group the collective effect is still there.

In closing, I have only this:

That shot of Lucretia is one of the best single panels I've seen in the series.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

TeflonCougar wrote:
Saturn381 wrote:Isn't that wolf in panel three the same one that Poncho was sniffing at in this strip?
that's what I wondered when I saw her. I considered this one of the unresolved teasers. We still haven't seen Peanut and Grape on the date she agreed to at the end of the puppy sitting arc. Not that we really need it, they both have girl/boy friends so the date would just be a night out.

I don't follow social medias myself, so I don't know what comment of Rick's everyone is talking about. I do know that we can get too attached to our theories and rather than accept diversity and agree to disagree we can sometime dig our trenches and ready the next salvo. We need to stop it. I am not an innocent bystander, I got a bit too attached to the "ceded" point at the start of this arc. I even resorted to online dictionary links. Then 30 seconds later decided it was too aggressive and edited them out.

What you are looking at right now is a screen with text. It doesn't smile, wink, wince, scowl. Just words and when the next person sees them, their mood will shape their perception. So if I just had the morning from the dark pits and see a post with edgy humor, I may see it as an aggressive statement. For the sake of ourselves, each other, our passion for the comic and our appreciation for the creator, I think we all, yes I include myself, need to do better.

No excuses. A lot of you are creatives, how would you like it if a few dozen people who claimed to be your fans told you "what you are doing wrong"? Not once but every time? Or they told you how you should shape the story for them? Not a good feeling.

I've heard it explained this way, consider the joy Rick gets for the comic and the fans as water in a bucket. New comic pops up, arc done, looking to the start of the next and the bucket is full of Joy Water. Then someone asks why one of the characters looks so different.

a dipper takes small bit of water out of the bucket

then someone jokes the next story better be about their favorite character

more water is dippered out.

someone makes a theory, someone disputes it and they argue

more water.

comment by comment, statement by statement, argument by argument, another dipper of water until the dipper scrapes the bottom of the bucket and we as a collective have stolen all the joy.

And we do it again
and again
and again.

no one of us does it all, but as a group the collective effect is still there.

In closing, I have only this:

That shot of Lucretia is one of the best single panels I've seen in the series.
I don’t know why but this comment makes me wonder if a place in the forum for criticizing the fandom (with some rules setup so it doesn’t focus only on attacking individuals) might be cathartic for Rick. True he can’t join it, but it might be nice if he knows that he’s not the only one getting upset with certain stuff
Argent

Post by Argent »

Twilight Princess HD came out in 2016.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

fenrirblack wrote:Real quick. this has been bothering me, what is DeeVee holding? For the life of me I can’t figure it out.
I think it's a Switch controller.
Dissension wrote:

fenrirblack Wrote:

Just for clarity, I tend to use :D or :lol: to indicate a joke, and :P to indicate when I'm being sarcastic/facetious and/or generally not being serious.
(although this is not a hard and fast rule)

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

If that catnipjones-58 is Maxwell - he's totally looking to grief people. :3

Find it amusing that the pups mostly want to just play games. Hoping King's pups joins the crowd! <3 Welcome to the 20th century! :D

Also - nice callback to the wolf den.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur