Game Master

Re: 2018/10/12 - Anything You Can Do

Post by Gameb18oy »

Odd, guess it was a personal issue for me
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

A very nice conclusion ^^

Although I hope Bailey waited until Miles was gone to tell King "It used to be you couldn't stand being around the wolves when they got rowdy".
I assume she did.

I'm surprised to see Miles cry after telling the news to Bailey and King. It seems he's so relieved to finally (start to) be forgiven by his old friend Gale.
He sure cried a lot during this arc... But thankfully this time it's tears of joy :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

...guess Miles is just a sentimental ol'cuss (along with some residual guilt, perhaps).
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:Is no one else concerned that Lana was hiding back there? Does she normally hide in dark places and pop out unexpectedly like a creep?
She's a ferret.
Argent wrote:I think a cattle dog gig would give King some good healthy exercise.
Where?
They'd have to move to a farm, but Bailey's probably down with that.
Plus do they need a cattle dog since all the animals can talk?
It's obviously a thing since Miles mentioned it, so there must be some cattle dog action in the HP! universe.
Plus King has like zero authority or threatening disposition
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Guys, the answer is obvious: Canine Cibble model
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Argent wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Is no one else concerned that Lana was hiding back there? Does she normally hide in dark places and pop out unexpectedly like a creep?
She's a ferret.
I don’t much about ferrets but I do know it is way too close to Halloween to pulling stuff like that. Plus telling someone that they have to get a job is scarier than running around in a hockey mask while wielding a chainsaw.
Argent wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
Argent wrote:I think a cattle dog gig would give King some good healthy exercise.
Where?
They'd have to move to a farm, but Bailey's probably down with that.
King wouldn’t, I don’t think. He always struck me as a city boy. Plus he would have to leave his friends, the wolves, and deal with like farm stuff...can you imagine King in denim overalls, straw hat, and a piece of straw in his mouth.
Argent wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Plus do they need a cattle dog since all the animals can talk?
It's obviously a thing since Miles mentioned it, so there must be some cattle dog action in the HP! universe.
Not that I don’t trust Miles authority on “farm life” but he was still pretty new to civilization. I guess if Rufus could do something like that then maybe? But what cattle would take King serious?

Argent wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Plus King has like zero authority or threatening disposition
That was the peak of his threatening ability. That was back when he still had some backbone. Months living with Pete broke him down. Years living with Bailey left him about as threatening as a marshmallow.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Yes. This is exactly the King and Bailey cameo I wanted before the arc ended. Ear scritches are the best. :3
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I personally think King would make a good writer. Maybe he could write articles about pet life. As a human turned into a dog and spending the last nine years as a dog he would have a interesting and unique perspective. While he’s at it he could write a book about his life as a dog and pass it off as fiction. It can be called “King Me”

And while his new reality sinks in Im imaging he looks something like this

Notice the dead eyes and horrified scream of agony and despair as everything he knows and loves is taken from him :D
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

For the cattle thing, can't really tell how intelligent they are.

Maybe Lana was already on her way to talk to him about that, and she overheard what he was saying. Or she was already there but waited until the conversation was over to speak up. I do that, too.

And I wouldn't say King lost his backbone to Pete. He told off the one in charge of their universe really quickly, for one thing, and stood up to Pete pretty well. Even Kitsune isn't immune to that treatment. He just doesn't care that King goes about things like that with him.

Also, Joel has a criminal record, but the police don't need to know that King is Joel. Doubt that Fox would out him, either. Could be his origins are a "within the family" type secret at this point, so perfect opportunity to have a clean slate.

And the title text of jobs being his one weakness, here's my response.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Six Months is a 'honeymoon period' when there's a change of leader. It's only been just over six months since Lana took command so she may just have decided she needed to apply a Ferret footpad to a Corgi posterior. And, as for popping up right now? She does live there. It's just timing. Bad and perfect, depending on your position.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

D-Rock wrote:For the cattle thing, can't really tell how intelligent they are.
True but it was just a theory so to speak. I don't know how much of a "Bojack Horseian" approach Rick has to his world.
D-Rock wrote:Maybe Lana was already on her way to talk to him about that, and she overheard what he was saying. Or she was already there but waited until the conversation was over to speak up. I do that, too.
I literally pointed that out ready and again creepy. Things lurking in the shadows. Waiting to jump out at you. I mean seriously they made a mobile game series about it. "There is nothing more scary than a closed door" - Alfred Hitchcock
D-Rock wrote:And I wouldn't say King lost his backbone to Pete. He told off the one in charge of their universe really quickly, for one thing, and stood up to Pete pretty well. Even Kitsune isn't immune to that treatment. He just doesn't care that King goes about things like that with him.
He still lost a lot of his edge after he beat Pete. I think anyone would lose their cool and get frustrated talking to Kitsune. And they do when you think about it. Like every time. I love him to death but sometimes he is a pain. But that doesn't give King edge or authority or a backbone. If he was the one to fend Gale off that night then we would be having an entirely different conversation. But from where we are now and what we've seen these last few years, I have to stick with the marshmallow thing.
D-Rock wrote:Also, Joel has a criminal record, but the police don't need to know that King is Joel. Doubt that Fox would out him, either. Could be his origins are a "within the family" type secret at this point, so perfect opportunity to have a clean slate.

It was more a psychological factor than a legal factor. Someone masquerading right under their noses. Psychology is a powerful thing. Freudian slips. Guilt. PTSD. Any number of things could cause a chain reaction that could cause some serious damage.
D-Rock wrote:And the title text of jobs being his one weakness, here's my response.
And my response wasn't? I guess I could have used an emoji but I feel sometimes it takes power away from the post.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It's difficult to discern intent through text at times. Something that gets brought up in the Discord somewhat often.

Have yet to watch Bojack Horseman, so that reference is currently lost on me. shrug

Perhaps King has lost his edge, but could also be because in his eyes, he beat the final boss. Much less to worry about in his eyes, especially as Kitsune told him that he's essentially a free agent now.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Not gonna go along with the "marshmallow king" theory.
fenrirblack wrote:
Argent wrote:They'd have to move to a farm, but Bailey's probably down with that.
King wouldn’t, I don’t think. He always struck me as a city boy. Plus he would have to leave his friends, the wolves, and deal with like farm stuff...can you imagine King in denim overalls, straw hat, and a piece of straw in his mouth.
How is this not awesome?
But what cattle would take King serious?
Welsh Corgi herding cattle first time
D-Rock wrote:For the cattle thing, can't really tell how intelligent they are.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

fenrirblack wrote:And my response wasn't? I guess I could have used an emoji but I feel sometimes it takes power away from the post.
To be fair, it's pretty difficult to tell when you're being serious and when you're joking because you often slip back and forth between serious or mostly serious discussion and jokes in your posts. Deadpan humor doesn't carry over very well through text, so playing it serious for a laugh without emojis probably isn't going to do much but cause confusion, as most of the people here aren't going to know you well enough in real life (if anyone knows you at all IRL) to be able to pick out which statements are facetious and which are not. Easier to toss in a silly face than to have to constantly explain to people when you're joking afterwards, yeah? :)

On the "marshmallow King" debate, I think King has always been a bit of a marshmallow. An angry marshmallow, maybe. But still a marshmallow. Now he's just more chilled out; because why wouldn't he be? A wife he loves, three kids he adores with every fiber of his being, friends who care about his well-being, and no more cosmic beings attempting to drastically alter his life at every turn. Dude's got it made in the shade~

As for moving out to the country to be a cattle-herder? Maybe. Eventually. I think maybe once his pups have grown up, I could see it as a retirement plan for he and Bailey to move somewhere together where he helps around a farm with her. But not at this point. Too many things still there for him in Babylon Gardens--most of which he's only just recently gotten to start enjoying--for him to have much reason to uproot himself and move elsewhere. I'm honestly not sure what I could see him doing for a job at present, and if the bug-eyed look is any indication, I don't think King has any idea either. The going back to college thing might work, since even if he graduated when he went before, all his official papers would have the name Joel Robinson on them. So I doubt they're worth much anymore unless he's trying to reveal his secret to the world and get thrown back in prison.

I could possibly see him becoming an entrepreneur of some kind or perhaps start a non-profit for helping pets who have been kicked out or are neglected in their homes? Not sure how big an issue that actually is in Babylon Gardens, but maybe they could reach out to some areas surrounding it that aren't as friendly towards pets.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

He could apprentice with Itsuki at the Sandwich garage...
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I joke a lot about King going back to jail but in all seriousness what are the chances of happening. Okay let’s say he tells the world what happened. I feel like the only who would care is Bill. So let’s assume if Bill doesn’t throttle King immediately he takes him to the court house to see the ______. Then several could happen. First there is the statute of limitations which I don’t really know how that works or how it would work for the state of (possibly Illinois or not) but that’s always an option. Then there’s the really obvious thing that since he is a dog human laws don’t technically apply to him or at least that’s what a lawyer would tell them. I assume There are no laws for therians so King is in a gray area. Honestly one could argue to the judge that the time King spent as a dog more than satisfies any punishment the courts could make.
If King did reveal who he was it wouldn’t be the legal system he would have to worry about as much as the media circus that would surround him. At that point it would open the flood gates for all types of laws especially or Thomas and/or Streward stepped forward. Then at that point all of Babylon Gardens would be put under a microscope as people wonder why so many humans are being turned into animals in this one area. Of course we know but Cosmic Gryphon is a hard pill to swallow. So King telling the truth has pros and cons. I personally believe he would be better off long term telling the truth just so he could get some of his credentials back. Like his college diploma if he graduated. Not to mention the book deals would set him for life.

For the record I am starting to use the emojis more to differentiate my posts but it’s hard to get in the habit.

Real quick for those of you who don’t watch Bojack. Since all the animals are anthropomorphic there is a system where certain edible species are divided up at birth as either food or friend. So I question how much education or intelligence is granted edible animals in the HPU
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

fenrirblack wrote: If King did reveal who he was it wouldn’t be the legal system he would have to worry about as much as the media circus that would surround him.
No, he wouldn't need to worry about that.

He'd need to worry about the battery of Pet psychologists that would descend on him and, possibly, institutionalise him.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

So while it's sad this good arc ended, I like to comment about it a little more in detail:

The arc was awesome in it's backstory with the wolves. I liked how much we learned about the wolves alone in this arc alone ~ from Poncho's interests to Miles's more personal reasons to coming out to civilization. Compared to the ones in the past, they felt like something that was placed into the narrative of the story to make the story more interesting and to give a family that's not %80 human. Now? They feel alot more fleshed out and understanding. The mystery was always there, but now the pack's narrative is much more fleshed out in terms of what kind of troubles they had and what differences there was for them inside and outside the wild. A much more deep perspective of their lives before they came to the Milton life.

Gale brought along a taste of maturity I like to see explored more into the comic. It was refreshing that the lead thinkers, Miles and Gale, actually go through detailed family plans. Would like to see more animals go through that adult and mature level thinking in the future.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Argent

Post by Argent »

Fox had actual physical proof of Joel being King. I don't think any actual humans will believe him even if he TRIED to out himself. It's just too freaky, even with telepathic dolphins.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Argent wrote:Fox had actual physical proof of Joel being King. I don't think any actual humans will believe him even if he TRIED to out himself. It's just too freaky, even with telepathic dolphins.
Yeah that’s most likely true. I do wonder if they could perform blood, DNA, or tissue tests to determine the truth. How thorough was Pete/Kitsune’s magic? Pete kept him from saying his name before, although there is a psychological torture aspect to that, it could be to keep him from exposing himself to the world or you know calling for help. Then there is the largest and most obvious piece of evidence. If people found out about the coin or a transformation got posted online, then there wouldn’t be any reason for people not to believe him. But then magic And divinity would be exposed and I doubt heaven would like that.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
He'd need to worry about the battery of Pet psychologists that would descend on him and, possibly, institutionalise him.
I’ve been saying for a while King needs therapy. I mean he seems happy and relaxed on the surface but one wrong move opens the gates he’d spent the last nine years building. And that “old self” he said was most likely dead comes back like a bad dream. If Rick was more into horror genre then that would make an interesting story.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Don't think anyone is going to bother King anymore and he's covered by the Miltons. For the most part, he's likely going to live a normal life.

Pretty sure Pete also did the whole "Doctor" thing with King already, and they found him normal.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:I do wonder if they could perform blood, DNA, or tissue tests to determine the truth.
Vanishingly unlikely since he's already demonstrated that he's genetically a dog.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, Kitsune answered that one while teasing King about is "hybred anxieties" ("I wouldn't do that to Bailey."). Very thoughtful of ol'Nine Tails...
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

But you have to remember something, Kitsune is a kitsune and therefore a trickster. I would not put it past him to leave just some minor thing that separates King from a normal dog. Something that would not show up or be noticeable unless you were looking for it. A regular vet wouldn't do that many tests or be looking for any really obscure anomalies. I mean do like a MRI and see how King's brain matches up with a normal dogs or really check the DNA for any foreign proteins or enzymes that would not normally be found in a dog's body. Magic can only do so much. Sometimes certain things bleed through. Maybe some kind of genetic mutation that could prove who he really is.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

A trickster, true, but he's also fundamentally just plain kind. He also seems to ultimately side with the underdog, a category in which King definitely (if somewhat belligerently) fits. Were he, however, to leave a few genetic gnomes in King's system, I'm pretty confident they would be undetectable by any human 21st century technology.

Either that or the equipment would suddenly go haywire and start playing 1940's swing tunes or the screen light up with "The Fox and the Crow" cartoons, thereby disguising his handiwork from the befuddled and horrified technicians. ;)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

NHWestoN wrote:A trickster, true, but he's also fundamentally just plain kind. He also seems to ultimately side with the underdog, a category in which King definitely (if somewhat belligerently) fits. Were he, however, to leave a few genetic gnomes in King's system, I'm pretty confident they would be undetectable by any human 21st century technology.
That’s why it’s even more important for people to know about what happened to King because there is no research in therianthropy so for the technology to exist people must first study it.
If King needed a job, human/dog lab rat could pay the bills. Although I can’t imagine King selling his body to science would make Bailey too happy. :P
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

The Great Kitsune is a trickster but he had his fun. When he made King a corgi for good he did it right down to the DNA. I kind of doubt he ingrained the generations of herding skills he'd need though.

I can't see King as a cattle dog because while it would be fun to see him struggle with it the main ongoing reasons for keeping cattle don't really fit with an all-ages strip (milking, beef, etc.). I can see him as a cop, or working with Jack, or something like that because it's likely a better chance for more all-ages humor. We've seen the police dogs in action before and while they've faced peril it's more adventure or mystery fun than ripped from the headlines "Law and Order" stuff. Likely justified, they're police dogs and the humans handle all the heavy stuff. Whatever King gets into I'm sure it will be funny but for now perhaps that's a story best left for another time.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Not really appropriate for this thread, but some future arcs you and Fen brought to mind would be (1) Kistune takes the puppies for a cosmic adventure; (2) Maxwell decides to become the first "Kat" K9 in order to impress Grape; (3) one of the female dogs decides to join the K9s - the recently buff Daisy, maybe, or even Sasha (!); Jack and the li'l dino-demon become pals...

Well, "Anything You Can Do" is the title of this thread, eh? :roll:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote:The Great Kitsune is a trickster but he had his fun. When he made King a corgi for good he did it right down to the DNA. I kind of doubt he ingrained the generations of herding skills he'd need though.

I can't see King as a cattle dog because while it would be fun to see him struggle with it the main ongoing reasons for keeping cattle don't really fit with an all-ages strip (milking, beef, etc.). I can see him as a cop, or working with Jack, or something like that because it's likely a better chance for more all-ages humor. We've seen the police dogs in action before and while they've faced peril it's more adventure or mystery fun than ripped from the headlines "Law and Order" stuff. Likely justified, they're police dogs and the humans handle all the heavy stuff. Whatever King gets into I'm sure it will be funny but for now perhaps that's a story best left for another time.
Hunting for food is still a thing, though, so food processing is probably the same here. Also, milking? Not sure how that goes past the all-ages thing, especially as we've seen Bailey do so herself early on.
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:leave just some minor thing that separates King from a normal dog.
Apart from shaving?
or really check the DNA for any foreign proteins or enzymes that would not normally be found in a dog's body.
Humans and dogs share 84 percent of their DNA.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:Not really appropriate for this thread, but some future arcs you and Fen brought to mind would be (1) Kistune takes the puppies for a cosmic adventure; (2) Maxwell decides to become the first "Kat" K9 in order to impress Grape; (3) one of the female dogs decides to join the K9s - the recently buff Daisy, maybe, or even Sasha (!); Jack and the li'l dino-demon become pals...

Well, "Anything You Can Do" is the title of this thread, eh? :roll:
I think there is a thread for this stuff. But on to the K9 stuff, I love the idea of that one pic of Maxwell in that outfit from a while back becoming canon, though that arc probably will come after we find out what was up with the Rufus kiss as people would probably think Rick was ignoring it otherwise. Definitely would give that cat more to do in the comic. I'm curious of how the idea of Daisy on that team would work as we don't know if now that Daisy has said different lines how Rick is gonna use her. Also, consider this, Bailey honestly might do even better as a cop than her cousin if Rick considers the idea of her getting a job alongside/instead of King
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Bailey joins the force? King as home-daddy? Hmmmmmmmmmm… The pups would have to mature some more but … yeah, Gamb18oy, that's got terrific possibilities!

I suspect Rick is gonna let both the "Rufus smooches Maxwell" and "The New Daisy" go fallow for a while, maybe even a couple of years. That'll make tem all the more vintage when and if he suddenly decided to "uncork" them.
Last edited by NHWestoN on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:Bailey joins the force? King as home-daddy? Hmmmmmmmmmm… The pup would have to mature some more but … yeah, Gamb18oy, that's got terrific possibilities!

I suspect Rick is gonna let both the "Rufus smooches Maxwell" and "The New Daisy" go fallow for a while, maybe even a couple of years. That'll make tem all the more vintage when and if he suddenly decided to "uncork" them.
Yeah, I don’t think it will be a couple of years on the Max thing. Max could use an arc focusing on him anyway, he’s one of the characters that shows up the most and yet he’s also arguably one of the least developed in spite of that
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

A Max focused arc could put a spotlight on the neighborhood cats as well. We don't really see a lot of them.

(Did you know there are only 9 Named cats in BG? [That's counting Jasper and Delusional Steve, and lumping the Bigglesworths into 1 entry] Compared to 27 dogs if my count is right.)

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Bandit1990 wrote:A Max focused arc could put a spotlight on the neighborhood cats as well. We don't really see a lot of them.

(Did you know there are only 9 Named cats in BG? [That's counting Jasper and Delusional Steve, and lumping the Bigglesworths into 1 entry] Compared to 27 dogs if my count is right.)
Amen to this. Also, can we just get Res a green card or something already? It’s bizarre that he’s not showing up more, especially if Pridelands is about to be on its last book
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Res and Max did get major roles in the last "Temple Crashers", but the dogs outnumber the felines in both character numbers and stage time. Jasper, the Bigglesworths, Delusional Steve, the Barn Cats were always one-hit-wonders, never really developed much despite being early cast members (sorta like Rex and Yeltsin). Marvin, pretty much a second-banana fixture to Tiger, has also faded. Other critters have tended to push out the kitties (Zach, Jessica, the wolves, the ferrets, etc.).

Comics seem to evolve in a process where some characters acquire depth and complexity while others vanish. Few readers of Charles Schultz decades-running comic, Peanuts, remember that Charlie Brown's earliest playmates were Patty, Violet, and Shermy. Very prominent in the first twelve years of the comic, these three (and others such as Frieda and Pig-Pen) were eclipsed by more dynamic stars like Lucy, Linus, and Peppermint Patty the strip began to spiral into more sophisticated humor and more complicated stories. By 1970, they were gone, except for the occasional crowd scene in the Sundays or the animated cartoons. I do not know the truth of this story but someone once mentioned to me a comment Schultz made when someone asked him why these characters, beloved in their time, had disappeared. Schultz reportedly replied, "Other newer, characters became more interesting and these other earlier ones became, well, boring. If they can't hold a spotlight once in a while, they slip into the shadows."

Or so some say....
Last edited by NHWestoN on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:Res and Max did get major roles in the last "Temple Crashers", but the dogs outnumber the felines in both character numbers and stage time. Jasper, the Bigglesworths, Delusional Steve, the Barn Cats were always one-hit-wonders, never really developed much despite being early cast members (sorta like Rex and Yeltsin). Marvin, pretty much a second-banana fixture to Tiger, has also faded. Other critters have tended to push out the kitties (Zach, Jessica, the wolves, the ferrets, etc.).

Comics seem to evolve in a process where some characters acquire depth and complexity while others vanish. Few readers of Charles Schultz decades-running comic, Peanuts, remember that Charlie Brown's earliest playmates were Patty, Violet, and Shermy. Very prominent in the first twelve years of the comic, these three (and others such as Frieda and Pig-Pen) were eclipsed by more dynamic stars like Lucy, Linus, and Peppermint Patty the strip began to spiral into more sophisticated humor and more complicated stories. By 1970, they were gone, except for the occasional crowd scene in the Sundays or the cartoons. I do not know the truth of this story but someone once mentioned to me a comment Schultz made when someone asked him why these characters, beloved in their time, had disappeared. Schultz reportedly replied, "Other characters became more interesting and these others became, well, boring. If they can't hold a spotlight once in a while, they slip into the shadows."

Or so some say....
Well spoken Weston. It’s probably why it’s a little irritating that the cats don’t get much development, there are a few with some good personalities that aren’t highlighted much, like Sabrina and obviously Grape, heck it’s bizarre how little Res show’s up as he actually may have more to work with than even Grape at this point. It’s probably why the Rufus and Max thing excites me so much, he’s almost always been attached to Grape whenever a story focuses on him, and it’ll be nice if that arc gives him more stuff to do besides that in the future.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cats are harder to draw as distinct characters, they're very close to the same shape with just fur color to tell them apart. Dogs are more easily distinguished, but size, ear and tail shape, muzzle shape, and so on...