2018/10/12 - Anything You Can Do

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: 2018/10/12 - Anything You Can Do

Post by Gameb18oy »

I suppose that could explain it somewhat on why cats show up less, but keep in mind this was more a discussion of character in regards to stuff like personality and such. Most of that, though not all of it, comes from how they are written. Still, there are ways to make them look different, give certain cats a big guts, more cat’s get rips in their ears and stuff like Maxwell, maybe give them a stubby tail since some cat breeds have that. Also, just gonna bring this up, but weren’t Fox and Bailey basically just palette swaps back in earlier comics?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Maxwell has always hinted at some intriguing back stories. He's something of a cat-of-mystery. Grape also could have a past worth delving. Marvin and Sabrina have usually been second bananas to a more developed personality (Tiger and Tarot). Still, Marvin and Max would be good pals. Besides Tarot, Sabrina and Grape might pal around ... giving Sabrina a break from the automatically subordinate role of apprenticeship.

Sabrina has other possibilities as yet unexplored. Her past with Maxwell. The rift between Fido and Fox remains unresolved, although the recent "Tales of K9" saw Fox and Sabrina move towards genuine reconciliation. She could certainly play a role there. Maybe ... Sabrina tries out for the K9 force but only, says Sergeant Ralph, "Don't go doing that majik stuff!". Lots of comic-romantic-conflict-pathos possibilities there.

Just thoughts.........
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm pretty interested in knowing how Maxwell and Sabrina became a couple myself. We already know Dragon did something to break them up.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hmm? I don’t remember that being the case. When was that said?
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

I think Sabrina implied it a couple of times, but I don't remember it being said explicitly.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Bandit1990 wrote:I think Sabrina implied it a couple of times, but I don't remember it being said explicitly.
... huh, and here I thought the prince guy was her only past boyfriend we would see. Makes me wonder how Max felt about indirectly finding out Sabrina was a dog lover if so... speaking of, has it ever been made clear if cats would be as upset about cats liking dogs? I don’t think aside from Grapes initial disgust at first when she found out Peanut’s cat crushing tendencies (which might mildly be because she could kinda tell it was partially due to her influence), it’s actually never been shown how cat’s feel about it to my knowledge
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Bandit1990 wrote:I think Sabrina implied it a couple of times, but I don't remember it being said explicitly.
... huh, and here I thought the prince guy was her only past boyfriend we would see. Makes me wonder how Max felt about indirectly finding out Sabrina was a dog lover if so... speaking of, has it ever been made clear if cats would be as upset about cats liking dogs? I don’t think aside from Grapes initial disgust at first when she found out Peanut’s cat crushing tendencies (which might mildly be because she could kinda tell it was partially due to her influence), it’s actually never been shown how cat’s feel about it to my knowledge
It's kinda explicit, in an implicit way.

Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:...I think anyone would lose their cool and get frustrated talking to Kitsune...
What about Res and Peanut (also, he can provoke other reactions from King).

As for cattle dog King: first, one of the horses (Action Replay or Money for Nothing) implied that most hoofed animals are blithering idiots. The cow was both indifferent and oblivious to Grape, so someone with a megaphone wouldn't be that more successful. All mammals are sentient, but that doesn't mean they are all smart enough to follow instructions (in the long run it's probably better for ranchers that their cattle to not understand anything than for them to figure out why they're being fattened up). On the other hand, the ECP was for animals to get human jobs. Unless there are cattle humans in the HP! universe, running cattle would be disqualified. Even if it wasn't, King's dignity may be in tatters, but I think he would still be above running around chasing cows. If Dog Wash is any indication, King is still very human on the inside and not prone to doing things like a dog.

It's possible that Sabrina and Max broke up naturally, but I'm inclined to believe it was SD's doing. First, when we first see them together and discover they're exes, Sabrina looks to be enjoying herself too much with him. That's not much evidence on its own, but in We All Dream For Sundering we see Fido was a potential candidate of Pete's and Dragon invalidated him by making him fall in love with Sabrina. If Sabrina was single at that time, it wouldn't have been that much of an issue, but if she was still with Max, then to get this outcome SD would've had to order Sabrina to break up with Max or otherwise exert her power to stop their relationship so Sabrina would be free to cuddle with Fidey.
Gameb18oy wrote:
...huh, and here I thought the prince guy was her only past boyfriend we would see. Makes me wonder how Max felt about indirectly finding out Sabrina was a dog lover if so...
Probably something like this:
Max spit take.png
Max spit take.png (94.6 KiB) Viewed 3941 times
Gameb18oy wrote:speaking of, has it ever been made clear if cats would be as upset about cats liking dogs? I don’t think aside from Grapes initial disgust at first when she found out Peanut’s cat crushing tendencies (which might mildly be because she could kinda tell it was partially due to her influence), it’s actually never been shown how cat’s feel about it to my knowledge
I think part of that issue is that there hasn't been the the situation where a cat was in a position to voice their opinion on cat-dog relationships. All we know about the "cat lover" attitudes if from the characters in the Cat Tail arc. Very basically, it doesn't come up often and there aren't as many cats in Babylon Gardens as dogs so it's less likely one will be around when it comes up. Suffice it to say, I think Grapes initial reaction is emblematic of most cats in the community.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:...I think anyone would lose their cool and get frustrated talking to Kitsune...
What about Res and Peanut (also, he can provoke other reactions from King).
Res's reaction isn't too explicit but that is not a face that says "Im enjoying talking to you." Given the situation they were in I mean...really it would be hard not to be frustrated like Tarot. Peanut doesn't know Kitsune well enough to get mad plus it's Peanut. Let's be honest, King's reaction was both frustration and embarrassment, if nothing else he did lose his cool.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that long-term exposure to Kitsune in either form can lead to the desire to want to bludgeon him with a crowbar. XD
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Champion Wallace wrote:I think part of that issue is that there hasn't been the the situation where a cat was in a position to voice their opinion on cat-dog relationships. All we know about the "cat lover" attitudes if from the characters in the Cat Tail arc. Very basically, it doesn't come up often and there aren't as many cats in Babylon Gardens as dogs so it's less likely one will be around when it comes up. Suffice it to say, I think Grapes initial reaction is emblematic of most cats in the community.
Grape is actually considered more of an odd ball in this case by cats if MAxwell's initial impression of her is anything to go by. She's more of a purist I find since she's been mostly stuck in the pound her young life and in the Sandwich household with few times leaving the house for anything. Max, on the otherhand, is what seems to be what you would expect as the typical town cat approach. What cat and dog rivalry behavior grew i'm on the hunch is something both Max and Bino grew into the years. How that happened, however, depends. They might have even gotten it off of each other unknowingly.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur