TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Re: 2018/12/05 - Steam Games

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

I Wonder How Grape Is Going To React After Being Splashed?"
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN wrote:I Wonder How Grape Is Going To React After Being Splashed?"
Badly
Argent

Post by Argent »

I'm hearing Stoned-Peanut in the voice of HAL-9000.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

HAL-9000 works for me, too - you need something "mega-creepy". Poor Peanut. High temperatures can't help, either.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Something tells me Rex knows how the Bigglesworths operate and has a fancy hand signal for them from what the background indicates.

Still think it would be cute if he was interested in one of them :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

… is it possible to be interested in just "one of `em"? Could get tricky with all those identity ambiguities.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would think that you would have to tread very carefully if you were involved with one of them because the others could pretend to be that one and make things even more confusing. Plus there is the fact that you don't know which gender they are.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:… is it possible to be interested in just "one of `em"? Could get tricky with all those identity ambiguities.
All you got to do is get a permanent marker, and then you can tell which one you’re dating. Though being serious, i think there is one Mr. Bigglesworth that you can tell apart from the others, the one that has glasses I think.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Rex was described as being able to tell apart coffee blends to a minute level. If this was by smell, perhaps he can tell the differences between the Bigglesworth clan by scent.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

fenrirblack wrote:Kari was a very special case and we don't know the terms of his release.
I thought it was because they couldn't keep him in. And where was he getting those jumper cables?[/quote]

They wanted to him to leave so I don't think it was a matter of keeping him in as much as they couldn't get him to leave and stay away. Kari has special cartoon powers like Acme, we don't question it, we just accept it as is.
D-Rock wrote:Rex was described as being able to tell apart coffee blends to a minute level. If this was by smell, perhaps he can tell the differences between the Bigglesworth clan by scent.
I love how you used the word "clan." They are the sixth Warrior clan. The Bigglesworth clan is a force to be reckon with. StarClan help us all.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

Well Cat's Are The ANIMAL EQUIVALENT OF NINJAS"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hope the world is ready for "Bigglesworth Ninjas!" ………. or ……. maybe Rick would do a "spin-off"? :)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

fenrirblack wrote:
D-Rock wrote:Rex was described as being able to tell apart coffee blends to a minute level. If this was by smell, perhaps he can tell the differences between the Bigglesworth clan by scent.
I love how you used the word "clan." They are the sixth Warrior clan. The Bigglesworth clan is a force to be reckon with. StarClan help us all.
I don't read Warriors, so happy accident right there.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Looking at Rex and Mr. Bigglesworth #? I have to wonder if this is going to be a theme during this arc. Random characters in the background doing whatever but no lines or actual purpose. That way we see all the characters on the roster and everyone goes home happy. :)

Do you wonder what the human's think about all this? So far it doesn't seem to have any requirements to join. I'm wondering if any human can walk in there and get in the water with the pets. Awkward but possible. :?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Don't want to be a good, but I'm more than half persuaded, Fen, that THAT'S just what our Rick is up to - everybody who's anybody (and somebodies who are nobodies) are going to put in at least a background appearance. Maybe even some of the humans. Could be this arc is our all-cast Christmas story.....

Let's see which long missing members show up tomorrow..... or not. ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:Looking at Rex and Mr. Bigglesworth #? I have to wonder if this is going to be a theme during this arc. Random characters in the background doing whatever but no lines or actual purpose. That way we see all the characters on the roster and everyone goes home happy. :)

Do you wonder what the human's think about all this? So far it doesn't seem to have any requirements to join. I'm wondering if any human can walk in there and get in the water with the pets. Awkward but possible. :?
Considering you have to be nude to enter, I think it will be unlikely they show up... though I’m never against seeing humans like The sandwiches or even Jeeves. Considering humans are one of the weaker things for Rick to draw, I know why we don’t see a lot of them, but it is shame that coin didn’t happen to be a plot device sooner because there actually is a decent amount of human characters in the cast it be nice to see on a more regular basis. Wonder if there’s any rules with that coin aside from “human touch coin, human now beast.” We only have two people who got effected by the curse, so not a lot to go off of yet, though I will point out, neither of the two transformations seen made the toucher into a creature that was a common housepet, so there could at least be a tendency for it to transform you into a wild animal, which would be a nice way to get some different species into the cast (prays for an otter to be coming soon... also prays people aren’t upset by how much I just typed)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

What happens to all the bathers if the coin is tossed into the pool?
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

These characters are just as naked as the ones in previous strips, but they don't look as naked to me, you know what I mean? I think it's because they're not as detailed; no chiseled abs.
Argent wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Kari was a very special case and we don't know the terms of his release.
I thought it was because they couldn't keep him in. And where was he getting those jumper cables?
Based on how they reacted when they thought Rock was going to take him away as well as their disappointment when he said he wasn't, I think the zoo wanted to get rid of Kari, but couldn't until the ferret, er opportunity, presented itself. They can't just put a fox out on the street, imagine the press they'd get (and the zoo animals might have contracts and/or a union). On paper Kari was sold to Milton so the zoo won't have to deal with his Wile E. Coyote esc nonsense.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Looking at Rex and Mr. Bigglesworth #? I have to wonder if this is going to be a theme during this arc. Random characters in the background doing whatever but no lines or actual purpose. That way we see all the characters on the roster and everyone goes home happy. :)

Considering you have to be nude to enter, I think it will be unlikely they show up... though I’m never against seeing humans like The sandwiches or even Jeeves. Considering humans are one of the weaker things for Rick to draw, I know why we don’t see a lot of them, but it is shame that coin didn’t happen to be a plot device sooner because there actually is a decent amount of human characters in the cast it be nice to see on a more regular basis. Wonder if there’s any rules with that coin aside from “human touch coin, human now beast.” We only have two people who got effected by the curse, so not a lot to go off of yet, though I will point out, neither of the two transformations seen made the toucher into a creature that was a common housepet, so there could at least be a tendency for it to transform you into a wild animal, which would be a nice way to get some different species into the cast (prays for an otter to be coming soon... also prays people aren’t upset by how much I just typed)
As far as the naked thing goes, Mungo has the right idea about a robe or even a towel, standard hot spring etiquette.
As far as the coin thing goes I do wish it would have a larger role but at the same time I understand the complexity of trying to do it. First you would have to come up with an animal for starters (like you said what is the algorithm for who becomes what), then a design, color, THEN write a story for that character which opens a can of worms about how it will affect future stories. Top all that with randos on the internet (yours truly) trying to cross examine it and comment on it about how does this character now fit in to the world as a whole like we still don't really know what happened to Thomas (he said he was going to a zoo but did he?). After all that have people consistently ask about where that character is or why haven't they appeared in over a year or two (again yours truly). I would love if the coin make a reappearance and started causing chaos but then again that would go against the "slice of life" genre if it started making it too dark.
NHWestoN wrote:What happens to all the bathers if the coin is tossed into the pool?
Serious answer, nothing unless a human picked it up out of the pool. Fun answer, the water starts to boil and bubble and any human in it would be affected until a time the coin was removed.

While we're on the subject there is something that has always bothered me. When Thomas touched the treasure he was wearing gloves so that would mean that it is not based on skin contact like you would think. I wonder if that was intentional or something Rick didn't think about. So Basically for any human to touch it they would need a grabbing arm or a shovel. They literally cannot make physical contact clothes or no. But there is also the thing Pete says (that I just reread) "human hands would never touch it so that would mean it would be soccer rules everything is okay except hands. So Thomas could have picked up the treasure with his toes and been okay.

Fun Fact: it was https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... stitution/ which was the first strip I ever saw. After that I followed Housepets on Twitter but didn't actually read any of them until the epilogue.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Actually Fen, funny detail I thought to bring up but didn’t know how to yet, no animals have actually been seen touching the gold aside from humans turned into them as of this point. While we don’t see anything that would suggest it would have an effect at this point, saying it has no effect at this point isn’t something we can say for certain just yet. Just because we know the behind the scenes reason it probably won’t be able to do the reverse effect, maybe Rick can come up for an undesirable effect for pets if they touched it, like maybe you turn as insane as Kari comes across at times
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Perhaps it only works on humans since a working assumption would be that animals would not steal it (just nuzzle it, like Sophie Camel).
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I'm going to stick with what Pete said about "human hands". From a writing perspective having an adverse effect on literally any creature who touched it would be overkill and a nuisance to write. Plus would it affect humans already turned into animals if say they put it down then picked it up again? Would the effect change depending on who touched it and would it be random or consistent?
But you are right, not even in the first temple crashers did we see anyone touch the treasure. Weird. Jess looked like she was about too but didn't when Steward showed up.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Don't dare to risk a guess when, but that coin's got too much narrative potential for Rick to let it go. He may not raise it up for a while, though, but he had Badger keep it for some reason. I'm kinda thinking Mr. S has an assumption that the same talisman that turned him into an animal will somehow figure in his regaining his humanity.

Housepets has lots of unanswered questions such as Sasha's devotion to her abusive "Daddy" and these may never be explored. But like Keene's little demon chum, that coin is too rich a prop to abandon without a new chapter.

...and I'll bet we haven't seen the last of Thomas and Sophie, either.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Speaking of that, we haven't had Sophie get her comeuppance for anything that she did or any of her crimes at all.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

NHWestoN wrote:Sasha's devotion to her abusive "Daddy" and these may never be explored.
How can something be never explored when it's already come up? Sasha is devoted to Mr. Hartford because she loves him and he provides for her. If you don't think that's enough, keep in mind that Sasha is easily pleased. If you still don't understand why Sash continues to be Mr. Hartford's pet and you think they shouldn't be together (what the term for the opposite of a shipper?), keep in mind that in real life it's not unheard of for a human to continue to date someone who's bad for them because they're in love with them and it clouds their perception. Also remember Sasha's a dog and doesn't want the exact same things that a human would.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Argent

Post by Argent »

It didn't say the curse applies when human hands touch it, it says the curse was designed to prevent human hands from touching it, so it just needs to be a little smart to cover all objections..
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

All true, Champ. But there's a story there with Sasha and Hartford and someday I'd like to see it developed beyond the givens... Unlikely, I'll grant.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since it seems like Phil Hartford is just a minor character whom nobody really needs to know anything about, I'm pretty sure we won't find out more about him. At least, anytime soon.
TigerShark20

Post by TigerShark20 »

See this Tarot and Peanut (And Max and Grape) bring up the question, why haven't we seen them kiss?

(If thye have I havent seen it)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

TigerShark20 wrote:See this Tarot and Peanut (And Max and Grape) bring up the question, why haven't we seen them kiss?

(If thye have I havent seen it)
It's possible they have, but off-screen. Though it looks like Max was setting himself up to kiss Grape until Kevin interrupted him </3

That, or just snuggling.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that they would rather snuggle with each other instead of just kissing since snuggling is more fulfilling.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think that they would rather snuggle with each other instead of just kissing since snuggling is more fulfilling.
That depends on how things are working out for them. They could have been waiting for an opportunity like this to happen and it get ruined by poor Kevin </3
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can see that. I doubt that Kevin is able to read between the lines when it comes to two people getting ready to make out.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I can see that. I doubt that Kevin is able to read between the lines when it comes to two people getting ready to make out.
For Fox’s sake, let’s hope this is also true when they actually do make out
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm pretty sure it won't be but Kevin and Sasha see their relationship so casual that it won't matter.

Though Sasha does have a really bad track record. If Fido ever consented, she would snuggle his face off and drop Bino so fast his head would spin. And I think it was implied she flirted with other dogs when she was dating Bino. With this, I wouldn't be surprised if there were also makeout sessions.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, considering how badly Bino treated Sasha I'm surprised she didn't - I don't know - staple his ears to his eyeballs......
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Now now, that would only happen if he regifted her again. :lol:

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wanna say that it might have been Sasha who treated him badly first. I can see her getting with Bino just so she could jump over to Fido.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

not necessarily, Bino was a washout from K9 training remember? and all of sasha's other love interests have been K9 unit members.
she may have latched onto bino while he was in training and just stuck around.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

She might have started dating Bino because he was trying to be a K9 unit member but when he flunked out, she hung onto him while still salivating over his older brother.