HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by Hlaoroo »

Makani smiles sadly.
'Unfortunately there's not much they can do. See, type one diabetes, which I have, is when the immune system attacks the cells in the pancreas that produce insulin so that I can't produce any insulin of my own. So if I was given any kind of a pancreatic transplant my body would just attack the transplant too which obviously wouldn't end well for me. They do have pumps that kind of mimic the pancreas by giving a constant supply of insulin and a bolus whenever you eat, but you still have to tell them how much to give, plus they're more expensive and more fiddly than just jabbing myself. And you have to wear them all the time and they can get in the way which is annoying. And anyway, even if I wanted a pump they don't make them or the tubes and stuff to go with them in pet sizes."

~~~~~~~~
The two ferret droids thank the vet for the suggestion. Once she's gone they head back into the street and slowly meander towards the theatre, chatting as they go.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Nearby in the break room, sipping a coffee and still in uniform, Torque Nightshade relaxes while the sounds of metal plays in his earbuds. "Wonder where's that droid I was supposed to meet...got an email about a meeting last night and I forgot to ask what they look like..." he thinks to himself.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

valerio wrote:As Asur fell down like a broken doll, the dogs went wild with savage happiness!
"Wild. Nasty. Fast. Efficient. Just how I like it...But, surrender? Such insults are not in my DB. Plus..." And this said, a tangle of the thinnest threads erupted from under Pascal's feet, wrapping the rat like a fish in a net!
Then Asur...got on his knees. and then stood "Nice moves, I must admit it. But never forget the concept of 'backup battery' when dealing with a billion-dollar machine." He replugged his main source, then the nanites in the skin started the healing process at a molecular level. "To your benefit. I was tortured, destroyed, disassembled, slowly and fast. In other words, stress-tested so that I could respond as best as possible to all levels to as many threats as possible. Every part of me is a weapon, like that tangle. Carbon filaments with a real edge. The more you move, the more they cut. For your own good, you should know that resistance is futile, but I concede it: you got where few could. Bravo!"
"You don't get it, do you Reploid?" Pascal said, noticing the Carbon filaments. He drew his butchers knife and thrust it into his foothold, sharp side out, so the filaments wrapped around the blade as if it were a part of him. "I lived in the wild for a good chunk of my life. Me surrendering out there meant someone I knew would get killed by whatever predator it was I was fighting." Pascal braced himself for pain and quickly thrust the blade up and out, cutting the filaments, but getting a few cuts himself. "So 'surrender' isn't in my vocabulary either." The rat spun the blade over his head in a wide arc before slashing every cable connecting Asur's top half with everything below the waist. Power cables, information buses, even hydraulic and pneumatic tubes. Then, he started making a run for it, slashing at any other carbon filaments that popped up before they could wrap around him. He dove for it, and shoehorned himself in Asur's hip joint, preventing any movement when the ani-droid inevitably repaired itself. He held his blade out as a shield to block incoming attacks. "Now, we can keep this up all day, with me disrupting your day-to-day activities by pulling wires and using my shell to jam your joints. But I think neither of us really want that. So how about instead of surrendering, we just call it a mutual truce?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Bigshot Ape," Malcolm protested lightly, letting Bourbon get in first.
Reluctantly, Francis let go of Tegans' hand and gave Shayla a small bow as he invited her in."Would madame care to get in first," he asked.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Makani smiles sadly.
'Unfortunately there's not much they can do. See, type one diabetes, which I have, is when the immune system attacks the cells in the pancreas that produce insulin so that I can't produce any insulin of my own. So if I was given any kind of a pancreatic transplant my body would just attack the transplant too which obviously wouldn't end well for me. They do have pumps that kind of mimic the pancreas by giving a constant supply of insulin and a bolus whenever you eat, but you still have to tell them how much to give, plus they're more expensive and more fiddly than just jabbing myself. And you have to wear them all the time and they can get in the way which is annoying. And anyway, even if I wanted a pump they don't make them or the tubes and stuff to go with them in pet sizes."
Flash put a paw on his shoulder. "I suffer from a similar autoimmune sickness myself. They are devising a way to replace part of my immune system with nanites, so that this time, no matter what my screwed-up DNA says, it will be like giving istructions to a deaf army. And if they can do that for a whole Flash, they could work on your pancreas as well. True, it will cost a lot, it will be a first time after all and all first times are expensive. But after us, there'll come a holw industry, and it will become cheaper. Think about it: I'm purty sure those eggheads can explain it better to you than to me. Oh, here is our turn!"
---
CyberDragon wrote:"You don't get it, do you Reploid?" Pascal said, noticing the Carbon filaments. He drew his butchers knife and thrust it into his foothold, sharp side out, so the filaments wrapped around the blade as if it were a part of him. "I lived in the wild for a good chunk of my life. Me surrendering out there meant someone I knew would get killed by whatever predator it was I was fighting." Pascal braced himself for pain and quickly thrust the blade up and out, cutting the filaments, but getting a few cuts himself. "So 'surrender' isn't in my vocabulary either." The rat spun the blade over his head in a wide arc before slashing every cable connecting Asur's top half with everything below the waist. Power cables, information buses, even hydraulic and pneumatic tubes. Then, he started making a run for it, slashing at any other carbon filaments that popped up before they could wrap around him. He dove for it, and shoehorned himself in Asur's hip joint, preventing any movement when the ani-droid inevitably repaired itself. He held his blade out as a shield to block incoming attacks. "Now, we can keep this up all day, with me disrupting your day-to-day activities by pulling wires and using my shell to jam your joints. But I think neither of us really want that. So how about instead of surrendering, we just call it a mutual truce?"
As answer, Asur said, "I'd do it, Jimbo, but you won't be able to listen to my words...Oh, by the way, feeling a bit sluggy already? That's a light nerve gas that has started running in your system once you entered my body. Don't worry, I kept the concentration low enough to paralyze your conscious functions only. No lethal damage. Buenas noches and thank you for playing."
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Bigshot Ape," Malcolm protested lightly, letting Bourbon get in first.
Reluctantly, Francis let go of Tegans' hand and gave Shayla a small bow as he invited her in."Would madame care to get in first," he asked.
"And she went easy on you, sir," Bourbon said.

Shayla put up a snotty face and pose as she climbed up. "Well, at leat you *remember* good manners, rich fur. But I'm gonna beat you all the same."

"You look softie, but I feel you are not," Quattro said to Tegan. "Are you and him planning kittens?"
Last edited by valerio on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Finishing up the coffee, Torque stands up and heads over to the nearby phone list to see if he can call the droids. "Where...man there's a lot of names here...uhI think it started with a K or...Oh here we go..." Pulling out his phone (which was a smart phone but he only uses it for actually calling people and texting seeing as he was never a fan of mobile games), he dials the number and waits to see if anyone picks up.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I know," Malcolm admitted, taking his seat. "I'm hoping you can tell me more about her life on the way."
"Why do I think you always did," Francis said, suddenly getting mixed thoughts. "You always did play unfair," he said before thinking. He took a VERY confused seat, looking over to Tegan, then looking to this unknown sister.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Really? What exactly is your- oh, hold that thought." Makani says, stepping forward to the counter.
"Hi there." he says to the droid behind the counter as he passes over his script. "I just need a refill on my prescription please. Um, and I don't mean to be rude or anything but I'm overdue for my morning dose so if you could do it as quickly as possible I'd appreciate it."

~~~~~~~~
Kelly hears a jangling in her head and quickly answers Torque's call.
"Doyle Theatre Group, this is Kelly speaking. How may I help you?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"..." Pascal said nothing. He could feel a little lightheaded, but he thought that was the lack of fresh air in the robot's body. Nerve gas wasn't something he was equipped for. The rat cut through the Carbon filaments in front of him and stepped out from his position in Asur's hip joint. He swung at the skin, but tumbled down the robot's leg to his knees. Gritting his teeth, he gripped his blade and, powering himself through the nerve gas by sheer willpower, he swiped at the skin in the back of Asur's knees, cutting the skin open again. Pascal jumped for it and took a deep breath of fresh air before falling to the ground with a thud. "...cheating... *cough* ...jerk..." Pascal took a few quick, deep breaths. He drew his butcher knife greatsword and stuck it in the ground, stabilizing himself. He regained his composure surprisingly quickly now that he had fresh air. No longer being continuously exposed to the gas, his nerves actually began to repair themselves, despite not receiving any medical treatment yet. Even the cuts on his back from the Carbon filaments had closed by now, though still showed faint scarring. "But even now, if you expect me to surrender, you are still mistaken. This only ends with a mutual truce. Do you accept a truce?" Pascal didn't seem to be aware that anything was unusual about his quite rapid and miraculous recovery.
Last edited by CyberDragon on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Really? What exactly is your- oh, hold that thought." Makani says, stepping forward to the counter.
"Hi there." he says to the droid behind the counter as he passes over his script. "I just need a refill on my prescription please. Um, and I don't mean to be rude or anything but I'm overdue for my morning dose so if you could do it as quickly as possible I'd appreciate it."

~~~~~~~~
Kelly hears a jangling in her head and quickly answers Torque's call.
"Doyle Theatre Group, this is Kelly speaking. How may I help you?"
"Hi Kelly, it's Torque from Rescue & Recovery?" Torque replies "Yeah, I got a message last night saying you were interested in having a meeting with me?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I know," Malcolm admitted, taking his seat. "I'm hoping you can tell me more about her life on the way."
"Why do I think you always did," Francis said, suddenly getting mixed thoughts. "You always did play unfair," he said before thinking. He took a VERY confused seat, looking over to Tegan, then looking to this unknown sister.
"A life of survival, sir, that's what it was like. Foraging wherever and whenever possible, living off smaller prey, stealing, and hoping never to break a bone. We get a short time to get adapted to infections and the such, we don't have apothecaries available like regular pets. We are lucky that in the Gardens there were volunteers who would just pass some food and medicines from time to time, even when they were supposed to call animal control.
"We found Shayla under a box, she was...well," Bourbon sighed "It took time and most of our reserves of donations to keep her alive and fighting. For a long time she never spoke, in fact we thought she was mute. But one day she started telling everything -not things we didn't know already. I was abandoned myself during summer vacations, being too 'burdensome' for my family's 'deserved fun'.
"With time, Shayla proved a real asset for our gang, though. She was a good observant, she had an eye for the houses with less security and the best leftovers. Until a couple of raccoons ratted on us, fearing competition. And Animal Control got us."

"I wasn't 'unfair'," Shayla said, blushing. "It's just that you remembered you liked mom only after getting your ration of loving from dad. Not my fault if you never got the best position on her lap." She stuck out her tongue at him, then her expression went sort of...faraway. "Did you miss her? Mom, I mean"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Really? What exactly is your- oh, hold that thought." Makani says, stepping forward to the counter.
At least that part *was* fixed quickly, and with an apologize the pharmacist handed Makani his medicine.
"What is my what?" Flash asked
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Malcolm sighed. "I couldn't even say her mothers' name for a year," he admitted. "By the time... by the time I could even admit and bring myself to face her? It was too late. So I was told." He looked hopeless. "I have a lot to make up for and I don't know where to start." He laughed a short laugh. "Heck of a half hour, eh?"
"Of... of course," Francis said wistfully. "I still recall her smile in the night. Some of the things I thought I'd done... People say you see yourself third person in your own memories? Was that me or you? I remember her gentle touch, though. And giving me a Cod one time... Or was that you?" He frowned, allowing a smile. "You know, I'm not even sure if I LIKE Cod?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Malcolm sighed. "I couldn't even say her mothers' name for a year," he admitted. "By the time... by the time I could even admit and bring myself to face her? It was too late. So I was told." He looked hopeless. "I have a lot to make up for and I don't know where to start." He laughed a short laugh. "Heck of a half hour, eh?"
"Start with cod. She loves the stuff to a fault. Very cat. And a lot of patience: she tends to be diffident at first but once her heart opens up she turns back into a hyperactive kitten. Heh, she's still quite a handful."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Of... of course," Francis said wistfully. "I still recall her smile in the night. Some of the things I thought I'd done... People say you see yourself third person in your own memories? Was that me or you? I remember her gentle touch, though. And giving me a Cod one time... Or was that you?" He frowned, allowing a smile. "You know, I'm not even sure if I LIKE Cod?"
"It was me," she said, flicking her ears. "You were ever the sensible kitten, I'd give my fish to you to console you when our neighbors' cats would give you a bad time. You know, mocking you because you weren't the stereotypical 'independent' cat."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks!" Makani smiles, swiping his wristband to pay for the insulin. He pulls a pen from one of the boxes and puts it in his bumbag before packing the rest of the boxes into their bag again.
"If it's not too much trouble, could I have someone deliver the rest of the insulin to my suite and put it in my fridge? I probably won't be there but the purser can let you in."
Once the delivery is sorted, Makani turns back to Flash as they leave the pharmacy.
"What exactly is your condition, Flash? If you don't mind my asking, of course." the cat pauses in the street, wondering where to go for breakfast.

~~~~~~~~
"Yes. Thank you for calling back, Torque. We're putting together a variety show both to expand our repertoire at the theatre and to showcase the talent aboard Apollo City and I've heard you have some musical talent. We were wondering if you would be interested in performing a song or two?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Yes. Thank you for calling back, Torque. We're putting together a variety show both to expand our repertoire at the theatre and to showcase the talent aboard Apollo City and I've heard you have some musical talent. We were wondering if you would be interested in performing a song or two?"
When hearing that, Toque's ears perked up...he did have a musical career in his youth as a successful Power Metal Solo Artist (where he was known as the Meat Loaf of Metal) but after he released nine successful albums, he left that career to focus on his new one as a R&R Member. Still, this was an opportunity he couldn't pass up as he still likes to sing his songs he done...but there was one small thing he was worried about "That'd be awesome...but I haven't done any serious singing in like years so I may be somewhat rusty so I'd have to get some practice in...where's the theatre located at? I might swing by to check it out when I got some free time on my shift"...during that sentence, however, the emergency transponder on his watch starts to go off...
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Thanks!" Makani smiles, swiping his wristband to pay for the insulin. He pulls a pen from one of the boxes and puts it in his bumbag before packing the rest of the boxes into their bag again.
"If it's not too much trouble, could I have someone deliver the rest of the insulin to my suite and put it in my fridge? I probably won't be there but the purser can let you in."
Once the delivery is sorted, Makani turns back to Flash as they leave the pharmacy.
"What exactly is your condition, Flash? If you don't mind my asking, of course." the cat pauses in the street, wondering where to go for breakfast.
"Well, think like Crohn syndrome, only a handful times worse. I can't eat any processed food. Even a trace of that stuff will cause a surge of symptoms for which it will be the bathroom or the OR. I am allowed only raw meat, raw eggs, raw fish and fresh fruit. Unfortunately, this diet also tends to be a tad inbalanced even for a carnivore, so I have to take some pill to avoid further problems. Sometimes I dare to risk a bit of the forbidden stuff, but I must know my limits. Unlike yesterday..." he lowered his ears in embarrassment.
---
Tegan was...shocked, to say the least. Talk about blunt! "Err...it's a bit premature. I mean, I love him and all, but we just started...err...
"DAWWW!" both the girls went, leaning each on her shoulders. "You pets are so cute when you're shy!"
This made Tegan turn a nice Red Bell Pepper hue. "I hate you..." she mewed
The wheels made it to an elevator, then stopped. Tegan was all too happy to get down first and say. "Elevator to the bowling center. Not a word, Francis dear."
---
CyberDragon wrote:"..." Pascal said nothing. He could feel a little lightheaded, but he thought that was the lack of fresh air in the robot's body. Nerve gas wasn't something he was equipped for. The rat cut through the Carbon filaments in front of him and stepped out from his position in Asur's hip joint. He swung at the skin, but tumbled down the robot's leg to his knees. Gritting his teeth, he gripped his blade and, powering himself through the nerve gas by sheer willpower, he swiped at the skin in the back of Asur's knees, cutting the skin open again. Pascal jumped for it and took a deep breath of fresh air before falling to the ground with a thud. "...cheating... *cough* ...jerk..." Pascal took a few quick, deep breaths. He drew his butcher knife greatsword and stuck it in the ground, stabilizing himself. He regained his composure surprisingly quickly now that he had fresh air. No longer being continuously exposed to the gas, his nerves actually began to repair themselves, despite not receiving any medical treatment yet. Even the cuts on his back from the Carbon filaments had closed by now, though still showed faint scarring. "But even now, if you expect me to surrender, you are still mistaken. This only ends with a mutual truce. Do you accept a truce?" Pascal didn't seem to be aware that anything was unusual about his quite rapid and miraculous recovery.
Asur shrugged. "A truce is another word for 'give up', but since it's mutual I can find it acceptable, Jimbo." The saurian droid stood up, self-repairing by the second. "Say, Jemmy, what do you make of that last stunt?"
The genet droid's eyes were scanning the rat down to submicroscopic level. "Interesting. His immunitary system is far more efficient than the average mammal. I still must discern if it is an induced or natural mutation. All I can make of it is, Pascal can withstand pain and damage better than his counterparts."
Asur patted himself clean. "Tss, next time I'll go level 2 then."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I..." Malcolm started before the wheel arrived. "I owe you lot a lot. What... what do you need?"
"I always wondered why Dad got so protective," Francis explained. "I learnt a lot in the house but couldn't leave without a droid escort." He grinned. "I got quite good at over-riding the systems at times. It's how I got brought into security here. I hid myself from the systems but not from sight. Guess I'm really not streetwise, huh?" He got out and stood next to Tegan as they waited for the lift, letting his smallest finger intertwine with hers. "Not a problem, mom-to-be," Francis muttered to her, winking.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Woooo..." Pascal said, wobbling a little bit and using Old Hickory for support. He felt like his leg had fallen asleep and was waking up, except for that feeling was throughout his whole body. "So... like... not only am I nearly indestructible, any injury I do get heals faster than normal? I mean, I knew my cuts tended to heal fast, but I figured that was because the shell kept them from getting that deep." More and more of his feeling returned to his limbs and fingers and toes until he was able to stand on his own. He pulled the knife out of the ground, swung it around a bit theatrically, before sheathing it. Once he finally felt good as new, he took a bow while facing the pack of dogs. "Think that inspired them enough for round 2, Reploid?"

Beta meanwhile was originally starting to panic when the word "Nerve Gas" had come up, and seeing Pascal struggling to move made him just about to step in when Pascal stood up and Jemmy mentioned his healing factor. "That... is a new one. Accelerated healing wasn't listed among the alterations he had... Maybe they gave him axolotl genes? But why wouldn't they record that..."
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I..." Malcolm started before the wheel arrived. "I owe you lot a lot. What... what do you need?"
"Me? Heh, nothing, really. We're on our way to a brand new life, with our own home and food to grow and raise, and no humans to pester us -present company excluded. It's far more than we could've asked for. Should I ask you anything, though, is to respect Shayla's needs. This is like a second life, a rebirth. She'll need to adjust, you and Francis need to be patient with her. But don't worry, she's still a softie at heart."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I always wondered why Dad got so protective," Francis explained. "I learnt a lot in the house but couldn't leave without a droid escort." He grinned. "I got quite good at over-riding the systems at times. It's how I got brought into security here. I hid myself from the systems but not from sight. Guess I'm really not streetwise, huh?" He got out and stood next to Tegan as they waited for the lift, letting his smallest finger intertwine with hers. "Not a problem, mom-to-be," Francis muttered to her, winking.
"You'll die for this..."
"I heard you, 'Bon!" Shayla said, blushing herself.
"But I didn't tell him of the Teddy Bear. dear!"
At that, Shayla turned a violent shade of Burgundy. "DON'T YOU DARE!!"
---
CyberDragon wrote:"Woooo..." Pascal said, wobbling a little bit and using Old Hickory for support. He felt like his leg had fallen asleep and was waking up, except for that feeling was throughout his whole body. "So... like... not only am I nearly indestructible, any injury I do get heals faster than normal? I mean, I knew my cuts tended to heal fast, but I figured that was because the shell kept them from getting that deep." More and more of his feeling returned to his limbs and fingers and toes until he was able to stand on his own. He pulled the knife out of the ground, swung it around a bit theatrically, before sheathing it. Once he finally felt good as new, he took a bow while facing the pack of dogs. "Think that inspired them enough for round 2, Reploid?"
Beta meanwhile was originally starting to panic when the word "Nerve Gas" had come up, and seeing Pascal struggling to move made him just about to step in when Pascal stood up and Jemmy mentioned his healing factor. "That... is a new one. Accelerated healing wasn't listed among the alterations he had... Maybe they gave him axolotl genes? But why wouldn't they record that..."
"I could access the database relative to the gene-splicing they did with him, but since you were not informed, I fear it could constitute a security breach. Unless you could give me a valid reason to override security."
Meanwhile, Asur had taken Pascal in his hand. A needle stuck out from his finger. "This will sting a bit, but it should be nothing for one who was chomped by a bear, eh?..? and he stuck it right into the rat's mouth, under the tongue. "Done. I have injected an antidote to that nerve agent. You don't want some prolonged nasty aftereffects. Also, unlike you I learn from every mistake I commit, including underestimate your persistence. Next round you would be down and begging in no time, heh."
Last edited by valerio on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't worry, Shayla," Malcolm said, hoping he was choosing the right words while still not quite crediting he was saying them, "I'll wait until you're ready to tell me to hear that one, OK?"
Francis gave Tegan's hand a squeeze whilst listening to the others. "Can I speak with you in private when we get up there," he asked quietly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You know, some humans pay a fortune for a diet like that!" Makani quips. "And hey, don't be embarrassed. I have my moments too. Once I was having so much fun in an indoor climbing centre that I forgot to eat in time and I had a hypo and passed out. Thank goodness for the harness or I'd have been seriously hurt. At the time I put the sweating and shaking down to the strain of too much climbing and didn't even think of my blood sugar. Of course, being halfway up the big wall, everyone thought at first that I was just afraid of heights... Anyway, the point is even the best of us make mistakes. So, you feel like some breakfast? I need to eat regardless."

~~~~~~~~
Kelly provides the address of the theatre and sends the coordinates to Torque's wristband so he can find it easily.
"I'll make sure everyone at the theatre knows to expect you in case I'm not there when you arrive."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:Kelly provides the address of the theatre and sends the coordinates to Torque's wristband so he can find it easily.
"I'll make sure everyone at the theatre knows to expect you in case I'm not there when you arrive."
"OK, thanks. Like I said, I'll probably swing by when I got the time today which, if nothing happens today, should be around lunc...ah dang..." Torque finally takes a look at his wristband to see the Emergency Alert on it, "Hey I hate to be rude, but I gotta cut this short. Just got a emergency call in. Thanks again, Kelly." Hanging up, he quickly grabs his jacket from the chair and rushes out to his car and heads to the location on his wristband, all the while thinking "Hope I won't be too late...cause of this is what I fear it is..."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Don't worry, Shayla," Malcolm said, hoping he was choosing the right words while still not quite crediting he was saying them, "I'll wait until you're ready to tell me to hear that one, OK?"
Francis gave Tegan's hand a squeeze whilst listening to the others. "Can I speak with you in private when we get up there," he asked quietly.
She fiddled her fingers- "It's...no big deal, really...just...I wanted to feel Francis close to me and i found this discarded toy..." she decided it was better if she said that first, rather than let rumormongering get the best.
"Will do love. Your sis is such a cutie. you know?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"You know, some humans pay a fortune for a diet like that!" Makani quips. "And hey, don't be embarrassed. I have my moments too. Once I was having so much fun in an indoor climbing centre that I forgot to eat in time and I had a hypo and passed out. Thank goodness for the harness or I'd have been seriously hurt. At the time I put the sweating and shaking down to the strain of too much climbing and didn't even think of my blood sugar. Of course, being halfway up the big wall, everyone thought at first that I was just afraid of heights... Anyway, the point is even the best of us make mistakes. So, you feel like some breakfast? I need to eat regardless."
"I'm with you all the way! Nothing beats a tartare steak first thing in the morning! Lead the way, captain!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Now, not wondering or worrying who was around, Malcolm pulled Shayla into a hug.

When they got up to the top and Malcolm finally released Shayla, Francis found a corner and pulled Tegan to it. "I just wanted to say thank you for everything today," he said, taking her hands. "I owe you more than can ever be repaid and..." He looked almost pained. "Oh, they're right," he added, "saying the words 'I love you' are really hard for a guy! Wait a minute, I just said it, didn't I? Meant it, too."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Suddenly, Torque comes speeding back into the Vet's parking lot, sirens blaring. Quickly stopping and hopping out of the vehicle, he carefully picks up the rescued pup from his vehicle and heads into the building, cradling the pups head (while watching his own wound he sustained), and shouting "R&R! I have a pup here that needs a vet stat!"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Now, not wondering or worrying who was around, Malcolm pulled Shayla into a hug.

When they got up to the top and Malcolm finally released Shayla, Francis found a corner and pulled Tegan to it. "I just wanted to say thank you for everything today," he said, taking her hands. "I owe you more than can ever be repaid and..." He looked almost pained. "Oh, they're right," he added, "saying the words 'I love you' are really hard for a guy! Wait a minute, I just said it, didn't I? Meant it, too."
"I think I missed this..." Shayla purred, returning the hug.
"She means it," Bourbon said. "She never hugged anyone, except that Teddy."
Her claws started digging into the human's jacket. "Still gonna die for that, ye!"

Tegan gave Francis a DEEP kiss, then leaned her head against his shoulder, purring like crazy. "And about time you said it. If it wasn't for today's events, I would've still waited, you lummox. I love you too."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I would hold off on that." Beta said. "I'd need to know if there was any wrongdoing. For that, I'd need an actual scan of and data on Pascal's genome to see if the mutation was intentional or not, and if it was intentional I need to know why they didn't include it in their documentation."

"AH!" Pascal shouted when the needle went under his tongue. "Jeeze! Stab me in the only pain receptor that still works, why don't you?" The pain apparently wasn't too bad for him though, as he was actually laughing. "Thanks by the way. So..." Pascal turned to the pack of war dogs. "Are you all inspired yet?! Are you ready for round two?!" he called out to them.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Lummox," Francis repeated, trying to sound appalled and failing as he held Tegan and rubbed cheeks, "I was hoping for more of a James Bond vibe," he purred.
"So," Malcolm said, shaking slightly, "teams for bowling. We doing four versus three or," he added, glancing over towards the other pairing, "five versus two?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

CyberDragon wrote:"I would hold off on that." Beta said. "I'd need to know if there was any wrongdoing. For that, I'd need an actual scan of and data on Pascal's genome to see if the mutation was intentional or not, and if it was intentional I need to know why they didn't include it in their documentation."
"AH!" Pascal shouted when the needle went under his tongue. "Jeeze! Stab me in the only pain receptor that still works, why don't you?" The pain apparently wasn't too bad for him though, as he was actually laughing. "Thanks by the way. So..." Pascal turned to the pack of war dogs. "Are you all inspired yet?! Are you ready for round two?!" he called out to them.
"A wise decision. I will wait for instructions, then."
In answer to Pascal, a dog, a male Dogo Argentino, stood up. If there was someone who could be called 'king of fighters', that was him. Tall, broad-shouldered, his snow-white fur ridden with scars head to toe. Both emerald eyes were crossed by scars of claw marks. And yet, his pointed ears still stood intact, like his tail, a symbol that in the end he had protected his most delicate parts from his unrelenting opponents.
He looked like a monster, but there was a solemnity in him when he spoke. "Enough fighting for fun, for today. We need to keep training, brave rat. Indeed you have been of inspiration: that no matter the odds, a fight is never lost. Many in your place would've preferred death over truce, thus losing forever their chance to gain the upper hand in due time." He walked to Pascal and extended a scar-ridden paw to shake. "Well done. I am Orion."
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Lummox," Francis repeated, trying to sound appalled and failing as he held Tegan and rubbed cheeks, "I was hoping for more of a James Bond vibe," he purred.
"So," Malcolm said, shaking slightly, "teams for bowling. We doing four versus three or," he added, glancing over towards the other pairing, "five versus two?"
"You must earn *that*, kitten. You're lucky I don't call you 'Austin'." She suck out her tongue at him.
"Since I must beat you," Shayla said, walking to her streeers family, "It's 4 to 3, rich ape. And I promise i won't use Bourbon's head as ball or it would be too easy!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly understands completely when Torque has to suddenly depart and once the phone has been hung up the two droids continue their conversation as they meander back towards the theatre.

~~~~~~~~
"French cuisine! Excellent choice! D'you know, a ham and cheese croissant and some Not-Coffee would hit the spot!" Makani grins. "But where's the nearest French restaurant?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I might like to see that," Malcolm mentioned. "It might be the first time the ball tried to tell the bowler how to bowl."
"We'd better get back to the others, love," Francis said, making sure he could say the word still, "in case they missed us."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

SeanWolf wrote:Suddenly, Torque comes speeding back into the Vet's parking lot, sirens blaring. Quickly stopping and hopping out of the vehicle, he carefully picks up the rescued pup from his vehicle and heads into the building, cradling the pups head (while watching his own wound he sustained), and shouting "R&R! I have a pup here that needs a vet stat!"
A nurse came from the study to meet the dog. "Room 3, please, Doctor Watts will assist you in a moment. What's the nature of the emergence, officer?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"French cuisine! Excellent choice! D'you know, a ham and cheese croissant and some Not-Coffee would hit the spot!" Makani grins. "But where's the nearest French restaurant?"
"Just a couple of bridges away," Flash answers with an equal grin. "Lucky us, someone thought of putting a pharmacy near the foodsteria." He stepped first into an elevator on thr way up.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

valerio wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:Suddenly, Torque comes speeding back into the Vet's parking lot, sirens blaring. Quickly stopping and hopping out of the vehicle, he carefully picks up the rescued pup from his vehicle and heads into the building, cradling the pups head (while watching his own wound he sustained), and shouting "R&R! I have a pup here that needs a vet stat!"
A nurse came from the study to meet the dog. "Room 3, please, Doctor Watts will assist you in a moment. What's the nature of the emergence, officer?"
Seeing the nurse, he answers while heading to the room "Pup here was tossed off a bridge by it's owner and he hit the ground pretty hard. There was some bleeding but we managed to get that cleaned up as best as we could. Worst of his injuries appears to be his leg but it looks like the pup here was heavily abused judging by the lines on his neck. We already got the owner responsible as they came back to...finish the job...but I said we got him." Placing the pup carefully on the table in the room, he returns his attention to his wound then asks the nurse "Mind...patching my arm up? The ex-owner took a shot at me when he was being arrested and...yeah..." before looking back at the pup and mumbling some very harsh choice words about the owner under his breath.
valerio

Post by valerio »

SeanWolf wrote:Seeing the nurse, he answers while heading to the room "Pup here was tossed off a bridge by it's owner and he hit the ground pretty hard. There was some bleeding but we managed to get that cleaned up as best as we could. Worst of his injuries appears to be his leg but it looks like the pup here was heavily abused judging by the lines on his neck. We already got the owner responsible as they came back to...finish the job...but I said we got him." Placing the pup carefully on the table in the room, he returns his attention to his wound then asks the nurse "Mind...patching my arm up? The ex-owner took a shot at me when he was being arrested and...yeah..." before looking back at the pup and mumbling some very harsh choice words about the owner under his breath.
A tall, thin man came out the locker room. He was dressed like a regular surgeon. "I am Doctor Richard Watts. Nurse Chapel here will take care of your wound." his tone was no-nonsense, detached, clinical. The scantable the unconscious pup was laying on finished taking in the damage, and projected a full-body hologram of the patient.
"Clean radius fracture. Will heal without problems. No fractures on neck area, so this little one was strangled. Nothing we can't take care of, but he will be needing psychiatric support. For now, until his body has rested, he will be staying here of course, then we'll recommend a series of visit at Dr. Avery's..." his eyes went to the dog the nurse was taking care of. "Just *who* was that guy. I mean, it can't be a resident, they are so thoroughly selected that I fear they actually read our minds. But even each tourist is scanned before embarking and personal guns are 100% forbidden. Captain's gonna have manticores over this...."
---
About the moment the little patient entered the veterinarian study, Francis' and Tegan's bracelets started vibrating with force enough to wake up a dead. An angry red light had also started flashing insistently on the display.
If a cat could go pale, tegan's fur would've turned chalk. All thoughts of rests were gone from her mind, adrenaline was back in full!
---
At that very moment, two sets of eyes were giving the canine crowd and the surrounding glance.
No one could notice they were being scanned *very* thoroughly.
<<Do you guys think they put a Cronenberg on us?>> asked the Head of Security through encrypted frequence.
<<Negative, ma'm,>> Jemmy answered. <<No artificial layer of fur is present on the body of these dogs.>>
<<No hidden weapons or molecular trace of them inside their bodies as well>> said Asur.
Last edited by valerio on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

valerio wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:Seeing the nurse, he answers while heading to the room "Pup here was tossed off a bridge by it's owner and he hit the ground pretty hard. There was some bleeding but we managed to get that cleaned up as best as we could. Worst of his injuries appears to be his leg but it looks like the pup here was heavily abused judging by the lines on his neck. We already got the owner responsible as they came back to...finish the job...but I said we got him." Placing the pup carefully on the table in the room, he returns his attention to his wound then asks the nurse "Mind...patching my arm up? The ex-owner took a shot at me when he was being arrested and...yeah..." before looking back at the pup and mumbling some very harsh choice words about the owner under his breath.
A tall, thin man came out the locker room. He was dressed like a regular surgeon. "I am Doctor Richard Watts. Nurse Chapel here will take care of your wound." his tone was no-nonsense, detached, clinical. The scantable the unconscious pup was laying on finished taking in the damage, and projected a full-body hologram of the patient.
"Clean radius fracture. Will heal without problems. No fractures on neck area, so this little one was strangled. Nothing we can't take care of, but he will be needing psychiatric support. For now, until his body has rested, he will be staying here of course, then we'll recommend a series of visit at Dr. Avery's..." his eyes went to the dog the nurse was taking care of. "Just *who* was that guy. I mean, it can't be a resident, they are so thoroughly selected that I fear they actually read our minds. But even each tourist is scanned before embarking and personal guns are 100% forbidden. Captain's gonna have manticores over this...."
Torque shrugs as even he didn't have an answer. "Honestly, I'm just glad we got him when we did. They're investigating how they got it on board as we speak along with doing a background check on both him and the pup, just to see if there were any previous incidents. But I'm with you on this as I don't even how he got it on board as you're right about firearms...though the gun he was going to use? I have no clue how he managed to sneak that hand cannon on board...but whatever, we have him in custody now and they're looking into everything they can..." Looking over at the table while the nurse treated his wound, Torque decides to lighten the mood just a bit by asking the doctor "Hey uh remember when I first came in here? I had that broken arm during that concert and I attempted to snap it into place?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Err, dad," Francis said, sounding a little embarrassed and holding up the bangle, "it looks like we're being called and..."
"Go," Malcolm asserted, sounding and looking pained, "go and be careful, eh?"
"I'm always trying, dad," Francis said, giving him a hug before turning to Shayla. "And I'll see you later... sis," he said before hugging her too.
"And now I have him to worry about," Malcolm said after Francis had headed out. He sighed. "Best way to stop you killing Bourbon now is probably to be on their team of two," he said hopefully.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

valerio wrote:"A wise decision. I will wait for instructions, then."
In answer to Pascal, a dog, a male Dogo Argentino, stood up. If there was someone who could be called 'king of fighters', that was him. Tall, broad-shouldered, his snow-white fur ridden with scars head to toe. Both emerald eyes were crossed by scars of claw marks. And yet, his pointed ears still stood intact, like his tail, a symbol that in the end he had protected his most delicate parts from his unrelenting opponents.
He looked like a monster, but there was a solemnity in him when he spoke. "Enough fighting for fun, for today. We need to keep training, brave rat. Indeed you have been of inspiration: that no matter the odds, a fight is never lost. Many in your place would've preferred death over truce, thus losing forever their chance to gain the upper hand in due time." He walked to Pascal and extended a scar-ridden paw to shake. "Well done. I am Orion."
"Pascal." the rat said, taking one of Orion's fingers in his hand and shaking. The dog would feel that Pascal had one heck of a grip when shaking hands. "Glad I could help. I was actually referring to your round two of training with the robot. I need to come up with ways to fight Reploid over there better before the two of us do a rematch. Although..." Pascal turned to Asur. "I'd be happy to stick around a bit longer to help train these guys up. The lesson of 'never underestimate your opponent' comes to mind." the rat said, grinning.
valerio wrote:At that very moment, two sets of eyes were giving the canine crowd and the surrounding glance.
No one could notice they were being scanned *very* thoroughly.
<<Do you guys think they put a Cronenberg on us?>> asked the Head of Security through encrypted frequence.
<<Negative, ma'm,>> Jemmy answered. <<No artificial layer of fur is present on the body of these dogs.>>
<<No hidden weapons or molecular trace of them inside their bodies as well>> said Asur.
Beta looked at Jemmy and tilted his head. He had seen some of Tom's robots get that look in their eyes before. "You just did a deep scan, didn't you? Are you at liberty to tell me what prompted it?"
-Champion Motto

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:This was a GSD, a female, purebreed. She walked like royalty -or at least, she tried to keep an image of self-confidence. her file said...about what was done to her. In unspeakable activities. Name: Asaka. Age: 8. Rescued two years ago, never claimed for adoption.
"Hello, Doctor," she said, sitting down. Blue eyes, uncommon in her breed. "How you doin'?"
"Great! Can't really complain!" Avery smiled back, her eyes giving a cursory glance over the file before setting it down. "Please please, Miss Asaka have a seat. My name is Avery by the way." She motioned with a paw to a large and cushiony couch that was seated next to her own chair. "So how has your stay in Apollo City been so far?
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:"Just a couple of bridges away," Flash answers with an equal grin. "Lucky us, someone thought of putting a pharmacy near the foodsteria." He stepped first into an elevator on thr way up.
"Lead on, MacDuff." Makani encourages, deliberately misquoting Shakespeare as he follows the larger feline. "It's quite smart actually. Plenty of foot traffic in the area means plenty of customers and you can't have a business without customers."

As the pair exit the elevator if they glance in the right direction they'll see two ferret droids leaving an American restaurant and heading in the direction of the theatre.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

SeanWolf wrote:Torque shrugs as even he didn't have an answer. "Honestly, I'm just glad we got him when we did. They're investigating how they got it on board as we speak along with doing a background check on both him and the pup, just to see if there were any previous incidents. But I'm with you on this as I don't even how he got it on board as you're right about firearms...though the gun he was going to use? I have no clue how he managed to sneak that hand cannon on board...but whatever, we have him in custody now and they're looking into everything they can..." Looking over at the table while the nurse treated his wound, Torque decides to lighten the mood just a bit by asking the doctor "Hey uh remember when I first came in here? I had that broken arm during that concert and I attempted to snap it into place?"
The doctor was taking a syringe-pistol from a sterile drawer. "You got yourself quite the clique with that stunt. Me, I still remember the sound it made through the mike. I think people lost teeth cringing. But I must give you that: You kept rocking until the end. Mel Gibson would be proud."
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Err, dad," Francis said, sounding a little embarrassed and holding up the bangle, "it looks like we're being called and..."
"Go," Malcolm asserted, sounding and looking pained, "go and be careful, eh?"
"I'm always trying, dad," Francis said, giving him a hug before turning to Shayla. "And I'll see you later... sis," he said before hugging her too.
"And now I have him to worry about," Malcolm said after Francis had headed out. He sighed. "Best way to stop you killing Bourbon now is probably to be on their team of two," he said hopefully.
A wheel had already come. The fleine couple hopped in, and only when it started, she said in a grave tone, "That's a red alert. There's no apparent panic in the public, so the problem is being contained, but it's serious nonetheless. There will be an emergency meeting, and Ms. Gottschalk is going to be...well, mean, to say the least, so be prepared. We have trained for a red-alert emergency, but never thought we had one, especially so early in the voyage."

"I think we can do. All right, it's you and me vs. the rest of the world, but don't you dare to make me lose."
---
CyberDragon wrote:"Pascal." the rat said, taking one of Orion's fingers in his hand and shaking. The dog would feel that Pascal had one heck of a grip when shaking hands. "Glad I could help. I was actually referring to your round two of training with the robot. I need to come up with ways to fight Reploid over there better before the two of us do a rematch. Although..." Pascal turned to Asur. "I'd be happy to stick around a bit longer to help train these guys up. The lesson of 'never underestimate your opponent' comes to mind." the rat said, grinning.
Orion grinned. "Like your style. Will gladly have you around."
Asur sighed. "I am surrounded by enemies, woe me! What wrong I ever did?"
CyberDragon wrote:Beta looked at Jemmy and tilted his head. He had seen some of Tom's robots get that look in their eyes before. "You just did a deep scan, didn't you? Are you at liberty to tell me what prompted it?"
"Rules database allow me to be confident with you, since you are classified as strategic prototype. But I need to do so in confidentiality."
"Because we are just B-series passengers? Stoaways?" asked a dog fighter. "We are training to police a new city, we deserve a bit of respect, don't we!?"
"Use of unregistered force for police purpose on board is regulated by the Security Office and the Captain Office. Until then you are registered as civilians and considered generally unfit to receive security details. Unless you can be registered as volunteers, that is, to work alongside regular forces."
The dog grinned.
---
Roarin wrote:"Great! Can't really complain!" Avery smiled back, her eyes giving a cursory glance over the file before setting it down. "Please please, Miss Asaka have a seat. My name is Avery by the way." She motioned with a paw to a large and cushiony couch that was seated next to her own chair. "So how has your stay in Apollo City been so far?
Asaka sat down, looking at the psychiatrist with...diffidence. "No one tried to touch me...sorry, pet me...so I guess that showing teeth worked." She showed the same 'try it' smiley grin she had showed a huma every time a hand got too close to her coat.
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Lead on, MacDuff." Makani encourages, deliberately misquoting Shakespeare as he follows the larger feline. "It's quite smart actually. Plenty of foot traffic in the area means plenty of customers and you can't have a business without customers."
As the pair exit the elevator if they glance in the right direction they'll see two ferret droids leaving an American restaurant and heading in the direction of the theatre.
"Wonder what they have in mind for the next show." Flash raised a paw. "Hey guys! How's ya?"