2019/01/11 - Witch’s Brew

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
fenrirblack

Re: 2019/01/11 - Witch’s Brew

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm a bit worried about where exactly Peanut has tasted Eye of Newt before and too afraid to ask also. :?
I'm assuming that Tarot has made magic(k) potions and/or placebos for Peanut before.
It does raise the question of how many times something like this has happened before. I'm not talking about Peanut being drugged but how many times Tarot's had to mother him.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If it has happened a lot, that is how I can see Tarot starting to get tired of the relationship and breaking up with him.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:If it has happened a lot, that is how I can see Tarot starting to get tired of the relationship and breaking up with him.
Aside from Sasha with Bino, I’m not sure if Rick even considers breakups with his characters possible, and with Bino being one of the biggest jerks in the series and Sasha clearly not caring much about them being their boyfriend much anyway, I think they were clearly an exception anyway
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Tarot does seem at times to be more of a surrogate mother than a girl friend, but that may simply be one aspect of her expressing affection. She's just not a "smooch pooch" type like Sasha or even at times (shudder) Duchess. And Peanut can be a bit childish at times. I remember getting my kids to eat stuff by making up crazy stories about the origins of their food. Didn't always work out, either. ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:Tarot does seem at times to be more of a surrogate mother than a girl friend, but that may simply be one aspect of her expressing affection. She's just not a "smooch pooch" type like Sasha or even at times (shudder) Duchess. And Peanut can be a bit childish at times. I remember getting my kids to eat stuff by making up crazy stories about the origins of their food. Didn't always work out, either. ;)
See, this is a big part of why I want an arc that allows Peanut to mature a little. I never want him to lose all of his energy or his happy-go-lucky outlook on life, but how childish he’s been since his introduction is actually starting to get a bit bizarre. He’s one of the most capable dogs in Babylon Gardens, why is he still acting like a puppy on most days? Even Bino could be argued to be more mature than him, and this is freaking Bino I’m talking about, his younger brother is dating a mouse and I have more respect for Joey than him.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Why would a dog dating a mouse make you respect them any less? :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can't seriously believe that Bino is more mature than Peanut because his stubborn nature and closed-mindedness prevent him from growing. I would say that they are at about the same level but for different reasons.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I like Peanut the way he is. I don't mind seeing him grow a bit myself, but in a way he behaves more responsibly and doesn't lose the good aspect we like about him. In this case, he's actually easy to work with and people like Tarot, who works hard in her life, can warm up to that personality overtime as a way to relax a bit.

Tarot needs a major break and Peanut can provide that. Only person I could think of closest to Peanut in that category is Mungo, funny enough.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

GameCobra wrote:I like Peanut the way he is. I don't mind seeing him grow a bit myself, but in a way he behaves more responsibly and doesn't lose the good aspect we like about him. In this case, he's actually easy to work with and people like Tarot, who works hard in her life, can warm up to that personality overtime as a way to relax a bit.

Tarot needs a major break and Peanut can provide that. Only person I could think of closest to Peanut in that category is Mungo, funny enough.
Funnily enough, Peanut and Mungo are also the most doglike of the Housepets characters. ;)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Obbl wrote:Why would a dog dating a mouse make you respect them any less? :(
I mean, on paper it makes even less sense than them dating cats is the obvious one... but honestly I just needed a good analogy to someone in a relationship more mature than Bino XD. I honestly could have picked almost anyone

Also, considering some of the responses my earlier comment got, keep in mind I wanted Peanut to mature, not change. Maturity of a character in my mind means working to lessen the weaker points of your character and strengthening what’s naturally good about it already. Don’t get it twisted that I dislike Peanut, I love the little furball. I just think he’s got to figure out what makes a puppy different from a dog if you catch my drift.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I also think that Joey is only slightly more mature than Bino and not by a whole lot. Nothing to do with him dating a mouse. He just seems to act more childlike at times which is actually something that makes sense since he is the youngest. If Fido was raised alongside them for a few years and he wasn't immediately adopted out, he must have the patience of a saint which is how he must be able to put up with Spo. :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Although Joey started out as a comic foil, there's a certain innocence about him that is rather beguiling. He's demonstrated some leadership abilities, an artistic flair, and a talent for team playing beyond putting up with Lester and Kitsune. An adventure pairing him with Peanut and Grape might be interesting, backed by a running snarky commentary from Squeak.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think maybe the reason why Rick doesn't want to change Peanut so much is because he wants to be able to write him as going on these adventures and doesn't think he can't if he matures him too much since he wouldn't have that childlike innocence about him.

Though I would PAY to see an arc that was Peanut, Grape, Joey and Squeak going on an adventure. Just as I would PAY to see an arc that threw Grape and Dallas together. I'm sure other Grallas fans would agree with me. :mrgreen:
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think maybe the reason why Rick doesn't want to change Peanut so much is because he wants to be able to write him as going on these adventures and doesn't think he can't if he matures him too much since he wouldn't have that childlike innocence about him.

Though I would PAY to see an arc that was Peanut, Grape, Joey and Squeak going on an adventure. Just as I would PAY to see an arc that threw Grape and Dallas together. I'm sure other Grallas fans would agree with me. :mrgreen:
Problem is, King is way more mature than Peanut and has gone on just as many if not more fantastical adventures than our first dog main character. If Rick doesn’t want Peanut to change, then he won’t, I’m basically just saying it would feel nice if the good boy at least was shown trying to mature some
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Grape and Dallas don't seem to be a natural pairing but "thrown together" in an interesting situation something fun could unfold. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Didn't say I wanted them paired though I'm sure some do. :mrgreen: I'm saying I wanna see what happens if they are together for an adventure and Dallas remembers Grape groping him thinking he was Res.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Didn't say I wanted them paired though I'm sure some do. :mrgreen: I'm saying I wanna see what happens if they are together for an adventure and Dallas remembers Grape groping him thinking he was Res.
... wasn’t it unclear who she did that to? I think we are meant to assume that was Res though
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Didn't say I wanted them paired though I'm sure some do. :mrgreen: I'm saying I wanna see what happens if they are together for an adventure and Dallas remembers Grape groping him thinking he was Res.
... wasn’t it unclear who she did that to? I think we are meant to assume that was Res though
It's kind of unclear but, in the very next strip, Dallas is looking back up to the room and saying 'Call me!' to indicate it was him she had handpaws on.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Because Dallas called back to her when the Nerds were running away from the fight, I took that to mean it was Joey whom she felt up.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, Welsh, I thought it was Dallas, too. No big deal.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Unless Rick has someone in the comic say it WASN'T or outright says it wasn't, I'm going with Dallas.