2019/01/14 - Fatherly Concern

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/01/14 - Fatherly Concern

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/01/14 - Fatherly Concern]
Title Text: the cucumber slices were only SLIGHTLY terrifying at first.

Into the Spiderverse, featuring Spider-Cat.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2019/01/14 - Fatherly Concern

Post by Saturn381 »

Grape has become Spider-Cat.

Also, it's nice to see that Max's dad cares for him.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I think this says more about Jeff and the rest of the owners than it does about Max and Grape. Although it does show a unsurprising and interesting twist on Max's home life and personal history.

I haven't seen Into the Spiderverse yet but I love how it is so reminiscent of Miles and his father.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

I almost don't want them to leave the Spa. In fact, I'm willing to believe that their time is cohesive with ours in which they'll be stuck in that Place for a Month... ;)
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Love the flavor text. :lol:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Yep, the first thing that came to mind
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

So, most likely human dad I know, but anyone else think that it was his cat dad for a few seconds as he rarely interacts with his owner? Also, how much catnip does he do that he can just casually bring it up to his dad? Also, I love how fluffy he is.
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

This is actually really cute-

Jeff better not be picking favourites though. I bet Bino's gonna get a similar call real soon...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Aww, this is just adorable. Grape gets to see more of Maxie's sensitive side! <3

I like seeing that Jeff worries about Max and asks him to do the dorky "I love you" dad gag to him. Compared to the start of the comic, I wonder if Jeff is warming up to Max? Or is this just another side to him? I like to see more :D

Grape at this rate will know all of Maxwell's secrets. He's already naked as it is. Poor Maxie! But it'll be worth it in the end, i'm sure. x3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

I didn't know Max had an owner. I always just assumed he was a street cat.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Maxwell's grin is definitely rubbing off on Grape. Looks like Max is going to be hounded again for so many details.
Xane wrote:CRITICAL HIT TO MACHO DEFENSE
Maybe so, but it's not like Grape values his manliness.
Xane wrote:+10 ADORBS LEVELS GAINED
Just ten ;)?
Gameb18oy wrote:So, most likely human dad I know, but anyone else think that it was his cat dad for a few seconds as he rarely interacts with his owner?
Not I. Max's biological father never crossed my mind.
Gameb18oy wrote:Also, how much catnip does he do that he can just casually bring it up to his dad? Also, I love how fluffy he is.
First of all, I think Jeff brought it up first. Secondly, I think catnip in that world is much tamer than the human equivalent since it's not that unusual to be given as Christmas presents.
GameCobra wrote:Compared to the start of the comic, I wonder if Jeff is warming up to Max?
Um... what do you mean? Where at the start of the comic is Jeff a bad owner?
leinglo wrote:I didn't know Max had an owner. I always just assumed he was a street cat.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Spider-Cat?

I went the other way (Although Cat Murdoch could have worked too(!))

Enter Grape, the great BatCat,
possibe frenemy to the mighty Spot.
she’ll hang out for all the secrets
and she’ll learn all that you’ve got.
She hides in light like a ninja,
just outside the corner of your eye;
her scent masked by the surroundings
unless you look up towards the sky.
She’ll strike silently and finish them,
they’ll receive no mercy from the Queen;
Villains will avoid her royal gardens.
She’s the greatest hero there’s ever been.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Champion Wallace wrote:Um... what do you mean? Where at the start of the comic is Jeff a bad owner?
Not so much as a bad owner, but Jeff was really strict with Maxwell. The only bad owner behavior he had was striking Joel/King when he was in PETA.

I'm just wondering if Jeff has been giving Maxwell more freedom to do things? Is it because of Grape? Or does he just trust him more than Bino to stay out of serious trouble? Grape did mention Maxwell's pound days...
Last edited by GameCobra on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

This actually puts something in perspective, pet personality and how it affects adoption. Since animals in the HPU are so evolved and have distinctive personalities I’m curious about how that influences their chances of being adopted. Take Bino for example, I have to say that Jeff must have adopted him as a puppy and before he could speak because as he is now I can’t imagine someone adopting him. I’m also curious about what went through Jeffs mind when he adopted Max because considering Max’s catnip problem that cannot be an appealing quality in a pet. I wonder when that started and what triggered it? When I read “catnip bender” the first thing that comes to mind is Bojack Horseman and his many benders through the show.

It also makes you question how much influence the owners have in how the pet grows up and what they become. It’s more than just training or learning commands. You are raising a child like any other. You know I never really thought about very hard before but the fact that the pets call their owners Mom and Dad actually makes a lot of since because they are their actual parents and are raising them (duh). If the ECP takes off then the owners would have more responsibilities to raise they’re pets to be productive members of society and learn the skills they would need to navigate the real world.
Shockey Rai

Post by Shockey Rai »

Grape:
AWOOOOOOO! I'm a Werewolf!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

GameCobra wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:Um... what do you mean? Where at the start of the comic is Jeff a bad owner?
Not so much as a bad owner, but Jeff was really strict with Maxwell. The only bad owner behavior he had was striking Joel/King when he was in PETA.

I'm just wondering if Jeff has been giving Maxwell more freedom to do things? Is it because of Grape? Or does he just trust him more than Bino to stay out of serious trouble? Grape did mention Maxwell's pound days...
I don’t think Jeff has enough control over Max to keep him out of trouble. Max is still a cat. I’m curious if Jeff knows about most of the stuff Bino does or if it’s just Max that seems to capture his attention. Another part of me wonders if Jeff cares about Bino at all considering Bino was stuck in the pound for a week. Again another classic example of how clueless these owners are. :roll:

Which one mentioned Max’s pound days, I can’t find it?

Speaking of benders and owner responsibility.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

AAAWWWW how adorable :lol:

Also I'm not surprised Grape can do things like that. We did learn cats are natural ninjas :lol:
John-056

Post by John-056 »

GameCobra wrote:

Uhhhh, the closest thing we had to 'Bad Owner Behavior' was When Jeff locked Max out of the House in the Cold rain, and that was implied later to have Been Manipulation on the Part of Spirit Dragon to enforce Max and Grape to be together, So as to ensure Pete can't have an Avatar, which was notable when you see here that Grape and Peanut were not the only options, as Fido in the first lower Panel can be seen with Yellow eyes, which confirms it in the Second Panel on how 'Dragon interposed with her Followers', as 'Sunderers can't be in love with anyone.', and even though Maxwell Wasn't an Avatar or even a follower, the fact that Jeff did something So absurdly Out of Character Rings Alarm bells on me.

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... sundering/

Also, Jeff also owns Bino to go with Max, and most of the punishments he does are means of them to blow off Steam, such as making Max and Bino Shovel Snow because Max wouldn't stop aggravating Bino. He's a bit similar to Ralph, Firm but Fair.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I miss my cat.
Argent

Post by Argent »

So now I'm wondering if Bino gets away with his stuff because Jeff thinks Max is the "bad one" with the catnip thing.

Also, decking Joel-from-PETA was absolutely NOT "bad owner" behavior.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

I know that Grape can do what she did, but why did she do it.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Zesortinge wrote:I know that Grape can do what she did, but why did she do it.
Because she knew Max wanted to make a private call. And that usually means something embarrassing...

Looking at that grin... Is Grape a Katsune?
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

John-056 wrote:
GameCobra wrote:

Uhhhh, the closest thing we had to 'Bad Owner Behavior' was When Jeff locked Max out of the House in the Cold rain, and that was implied later to have Been Manipulation on the Part of Spirit Dragon to enforce Max and Grape to be together, So as to ensure Pete can't have an Avatar, which was notable when you see here that Grape and Peanut were not the only options, as Fido in the first lower Panel can be seen with Yellow eyes, which confirms it in the Second Panel on how 'Dragon interposed with her Followers', as 'Sunderers can't be in love with anyone.', and even though Maxwell Wasn't an Avatar or even a follower, the fact that Jeff did something So absurdly Out of Character Rings Alarm bells on me.

Also, Jeff also owns Bino to go with Max, and most of the punishments he does are means of them to blow off Steam, such as making Max and Bino Shovel Snow because Max wouldn't stop aggravating Bino. He's a bit similar to Ralph, Firm but Fair.
It's hard to say if Maxwell would manipulate himself to stay out in the rain just to stay the night with Grape after that date, but Jeff could've locked out Max because Max didn't follow Jeff's rules. Again, strict behavior - not so much as bad. If Max doesn't listen to curfews, that's his own problem.
fenrirblack wrote:I don’t think Jeff has enough control over Max to keep him out of trouble. Max is still a cat. I’m curious if Jeff knows about most of the stuff Bino does or if it’s just Max that seems to capture his attention. Another part of me wonders if Jeff cares about Bino at all considering Bino was stuck in the pound for a week. Again another classic example of how clueless these owners are. :roll:

Which one mentioned Max’s pound days, I can’t find it?

Speaking of benders and owner responsibility.
Back here: https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... dogs-name/

Bino seems to get into trouble with Jeff by virtue of being locked out of the loop with Bino. Not sure about Maxwell's behavior, but judging how he has a cellphone on him, i'm guessing Maxwell is easier to keep track of with his bad behavior/catnip crazy ideas.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Katsune?
trollface.gif
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

GameCobra wrote:
John-056 wrote:
GameCobra wrote:

It's hard to say if Maxwell would manipulate himself to stay out in the rain just to stay the night with Grape after that date, but Jeff could've locked out Max because Max didn't follow Jeff's rules. Again, strict behavior - not so much as bad. If Max doesn't listen to curfews, that's his own problem.
Whether or not Max broke a rule is besides the point, locking your pet outside in the rain is never a good solution especially if they’re not even some mindless animal. Would you lock your own child outside all night and if yes, well that’s a different discussion. He was lucky he had somewhere to go. The fact that Max said “again” raises red flags. He was crying on their doorstep. Let’s not forget Joel’s pets and what happened to them. They were so badly treated that they kidnapped him. Which brings me back to my other point about how we’re not dealing with mindless animals but intelligent creatures who can respond negatively to how they are treated. If Jeff wanted to punish Max then he should go about it like he would if Max was his human son. Shoveling snow, reasonable and normal.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

GameCobra wrote:
John-056 wrote: Uhhhh, the closest thing we had to 'Bad Owner Behavior' was When Jeff locked Max out of the House in the Cold rain, and that was implied later to have Been Manipulation on the Part of Spirit Dragon to enforce Max and Grape to be together, So as to ensure Pete can't have an Avatar, which was notable when you see here that Grape and Peanut were not the only options, as Fido in the first lower Panel can be seen with Yellow eyes, which confirms it in the Second Panel on how 'Dragon interposed with her Followers', as 'Sunderers can't be in love with anyone.', and even though Maxwell Wasn't an Avatar or even a follower, the fact that Jeff did something So absurdly Out of Character Rings Alarm bells on me.

Not remotely what I meant. Dragon's ability was never stated to be limited to Pets.

And honestly, Cats being out past Midnight is not an issue, as during Yarn Ball, Max and Grape were out past Midnight, with Grape not shown being Punished for being out late, So why would Max be punished for being out at Night, and on a date, which from how he looked before picking up Grape, had been preparing beforehand? And even afterwards, there is the Fact that Just after being locked out, It 'Conveniently' starts to rain.

Two separate events later in the Comic shows that Dragon is able to change the weather system through overwhelming emotion... Twice. If she can do that just by bawling, what's stopping her from doing it simply by clapping her hands and focusing?

So basically, Jeff was acting rather out of Character at an all too Convenient time, and later events imply Celestial tampering on Dragon's side, both on Jeff's strange behavior and on the Convenient rainstorm to tug at Grape's heartstrings.

Honestly, it's interesting that when looking back at the seemingly sweet scene, Max is the only One actually showing pure affection. Grape, Peanut and Tarot are focused on the Movie, but it also reflects that Tarot was initially not doing This for love like Max is.

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... otherwise/

Her recent changes didn't help throughout both the Break up with Dragon, and it kinda was One of my Major Sour Spots with Temple Crashers: The Finale, and only very recently, literally a page ago, did she show better behavior... But until it sticks, I will remain Skeptical, since I can't even Tell if the Tea is intended to help Peanut, or if she slipped something in.
FenrirBlack wrote:Whether or not Max broke a rule is besides the point, locking your pet outside in the rain is never a good solution especially if they’re not even some mindless animal. Would you lock your own child outside all night and if yes, well that’s a different discussion. He was lucky he had somewhere to go. The fact that Max said “again” raises red flags. He was crying on their doorstep. Let’s not forget Joel’s pets and what happened to them. They were so badly treated that they kidnapped him. Which brings me back to my other point about how we’re not dealing with mindless animals but intelligent creatures who can respond negatively to how they are treated. If Jeff wanted to punish Max then he should go about it like he would if Max was his human son. Shoveling snow, reasonable and normal.
Yep. I still call that moment to be interference from Dragon, Both on Jeff's Behavior and on the rain. The again part is a bit missible, but we don't have any real context on Jeff's Reasons for the last one(s).

Also, Joel's Pets didn't kidnap him, he helped them escape... Until a week into them leaving, they had a sudden, and devastating change of heart for no real explainable reason. For all we know, that was a case of Unreliable Narrator, or that some vital detail was missing.

Remember, Joel was still a Child at the Time, even One as abused as he was would have been ignorant of details.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Awww this is just adorable as heck. :D
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

fenrirblack wrote:Whether or not Max broke a rule is besides the point, locking your pet outside in the rain is never a good solution especially if they’re not even some mindless animal. Would you lock your own child outside all night and if yes, well that’s a different discussion. He was lucky he had somewhere to go. The fact that Max said “again” raises red flags. He was crying on their doorstep. Let’s not forget Joel’s pets and what happened to them. They were so badly treated that they kidnapped him. Which brings me back to my other point about how we’re not dealing with mindless animals but intelligent creatures who can respond negatively to how they are treated. If Jeff wanted to punish Max then he should go about it like he would if Max was his human son. Shoveling snow, reasonable and normal.
He locked him out, but I don't think Jeff would leave Max out in the rain deliberately. Hence, why Max said "it's starting to rain.". It could've been just Max's hunch to go to the sandwiches house for the night because they were closer or, as i mentioned earlier, he figured he use it to his advantage.

@John-056: Ok, so you're calling interference by Dragon on that one. Fair enough. It's definitely doable. I don't think however that Jeff had any involvement in this. I consider that just a coincidence.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Did Max paint his toenails black? He’s got the signature cotton balls between his toes to indicate an application of nail polish. :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Mmmm … coincidence? Not sure about coincidence with all of Dragon's manipulations abounding. And locking Max out might have been an accident; Jeff might have thought he was hiding out in the house somewhere. Another good reason to have some jingle in your collar bell, I guess. ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

@john-056 okay, I am definitely not the biggest defender of Tarot and Peanut’s relationship, no one is gonna make that claim, but both the fact that I think Rick would know that’s basically another take on the problems with a love potion if he did that, and the fact that the two clearly care about each other, even if you have trouble buying their love lately, I really doubt Tarot would do what you’re suggesting she did in the last comic
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Eheheh, it's so nice of Max's dad/owner to be worried for him. :) Don't you think that's time to stay away from catnip, Max? :P What you say it's true, there's none inside the spa, there's only relax and fun time. :D Blushing Maxie is so adorable, especially when Grape sneaks him. ;) :D
Yeah, the cucumber slices look weird on him, but what's really terrifying to see, are those things between his toes... :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Part of me wonders if Jeff would actually show the same concern for Bino... :?
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

NHWestoN wrote:Mmmm … coincidence? Not sure about coincidence with all of Dragon's manipulations abounding. And locking Max out might have been an accident; Jeff might have thought he was hiding out in the house somewhere. Another good reason to have some jingle in your collar bell, I guess. ;)
I've always been of the opinion that he wasn't really locked out way back when.

I've always believed, early on, Maxwell would always look for reasons for physical affection with Grape. I think their relationship has evolved way beyond that, but I do think he was a bit eager for snuggles early on.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

GameCobra wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Whether or not Max broke a rule is besides the point, locking your pet outside in the rain is never a good solution especially if they’re not even some mindless animal. Would you lock your own child outside all night and if yes, well that’s a different discussion. He was lucky he had somewhere to go. The fact that Max said “again” raises red flags. He was crying on their doorstep. Let’s not forget Joel’s pets and what happened to them. They were so badly treated that they kidnapped him. Which brings me back to my other point about how we’re not dealing with mindless animals but intelligent creatures who can respond negatively to how they are treated. If Jeff wanted to punish Max then he should go about it like he would if Max was his human son. Shoveling snow, reasonable and normal.
He locked him out, but I don't think Jeff would leave Max out in the rain deliberately. Hence, why Max said "it's starting to rain.". It could've been just Max's hunch to go to the sandwiches house for the night because they were closer or, as i mentioned earlier, he figured he use it to his advantage.
There is still the fact that he said "again' that still troubles me. Plus it is been seen over and over that the owners are all clueless. Plus it still doesn't explain why Jeff did not go looking for him after a while. I mean say Jeff did think Max was somewhere in the house, after a certain point I would be concerned if he hadn't reappeared after a few hours or midnight or something along those lines. Jeff may be more trusting but at the same time, he knows about Max's catnip problem which alone is a sign that Max needs more attention than say, Bino. It says a lot about an owner who can go to bed just assuming that his cat is safe in the house. A cat that again can open doors by himself but doesn't have a key. Why didn't he have a key?

Max doesn't strike me as the manipulative type but the type to get emotional. Remember how he was crying during the Gallifrax incident. I don't think he clever enough to manipulate Grape's feelings (we would have seen it more often) and I feel that he is deeply insecure about their relationship which is why I think he strives to pretend his is more masculine than he really is. Plus they just snuggled at the movies, how much attention does one cat need?

Again, Jeff punched Joel for no good reason. Yes it was funny but who punches random people who come to the door? Slam the door shut like King did to Tarot that one time but punching? That's says a lot about Jeff's character even if it was a joke.

This is why the owners need to be seen more often so we can have a better understanding of their family dynamic. Is that Jeff is a bad owner or is Max smarter than he let's on?
John-056 wrote:
Also, Joel's Pets didn't kidnap him, he helped them escape... Until a week into them leaving, they had a sudden, and devastating change of heart for no real explainable reason. For all we know, that was a case of Unreliable Narrator, or that some vital detail was missing.

Remember, Joel was still a Child at the Time, even One as abused as he was would have been ignorant of details.
True, but trauma is a complex thing, clearly it affected him. It is possible that Joel's mind would have distorted the details to handle the pain but I can't see why Rick would go with the Unreliable narrator when explaining Joel's backstory. Joel says, "they took me with them" not that he helped them escape, they could have escaped with or without him. I of the mindset that they took him with them, not as a hostage, but as a bargaining chip if things turned sour. Not to mention having a human with them probably prevented them from being picked up by animal control. "I trusted them at first, I didn't like what happened any more than they did but after a few nights on the streets, they weren't my friends anymore." Living on the streets took there toll, clearly it wasn't a sudden change as much as a slow increasing frustration that the wild life was not any better than pet life. Kidnapping isn't just forcing Joel to leave with them but holding him hostage and refusing to let him return home. He may have been willing at first but that clearly changed and suddenly he was in fact, by legal definition, kidnapped.

I don't see why Joel would be misled about the events. From what we know it seems pretty cut and dry. His pets were mistreated, they left, they coerced Joel into joining them (the why is unknown but not relevant considering what happened), after a few nights they were hungry, bitter, angry, and Joel was targeted because he was small and helpless. They needed him for whatever reason and could not afford to let him get away. We don't know how he did get away but considering how young he was, he most likely felt safer staying with familiars than risking getting assistance from a stranger. My guess would be that either the police finally found him, or more likely the pets abandoned him.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Macsen wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:Mmmm … coincidence? Not sure about coincidence with all of Dragon's manipulations abounding. And locking Max out might have been an accident; Jeff might have thought he was hiding out in the house somewhere. Another good reason to have some jingle in your collar bell, I guess. ;)
I've always been of the opinion that he wasn't really locked out way back when.

I've always believed, early on, Maxwell would always look for reasons for physical affection with Grape. I think their relationship has evolved way beyond that, but I do think he was a bit eager for snuggles early on.
I can vouch for at least three different occasions he did this as well. :3

I honestly think Grape and Max understand their relationship well enough now that they are just trying to figure out what to do next. they are stuck with each other now, but what next is their question.

@fenrirblack: back then, i got a strong impression that PETA has a horribly negative reputation with Babylon Garden. Even Bill stated that Jeff came to him believing he might've overreacted. I can forgive Jeff being violent if something PETA did to him that was truly that horrible to give into that reaction, but since we're not sure what PETA did, we either have to judge Jeff's actions were justifiable at this point. To that degree, yes, we can either call him overprotective or overreactive. Bad? I think that's a little harsh.

That being said, though, I'm under the impression at this point Jeff has more faith in Max than we realize. Him leaving Max outside the house for the night is cruel, don't get me wrong, but i'm under the impression that Max and Jeff have some safeguarded rules incase this happens - not because of Jeff being mean, but because some of their plans don't work out the way they expect it and Max has to fend for himself after curfew hours.

EDIT: Just realized i said they do 'not' have safeguarded rules when i meant they 'do'. my apologies.
Last edited by GameCobra on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Prof

Post by Prof »

Douglas Collier wrote:Did Max paint his toenails black? He’s got the signature cotton balls between his toes to indicate an application of nail polish. :P
Nice catch! I didn't notice that :D
Drop in and stroll around: My gallery

Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

To be fair to Jeff, in our universe we have outside cats, and there's even been a direct parallel in Housepets! early on in a one-off. It's possible that Max (being a bit of a street cat at heart) sometimes chooses to stay outside at night and that Jeff sometimes accidentally ends up locking him out thinking that this is just one of Max's outdoors nights.
tych

Post by tych »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:I almost don't want them to leave the Spa. In fact, I'm willing to believe that their time is cohesive with ours in which they'll be stuck in that Place for a Month... ;)
well depending on the weather they might actually be stuck there until maybe February even maybe March or at least until it gets above freezing if they really are still stuck in there cause you know wet fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The Spa seems to be a labyrinth of infinite numbers of rooms like a Sultan's palace.