2019/02/13 - Scrumptuous Presumption

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/02/13 - Scrumptuous Presumption

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/02/13 - Scrumptuous Presumption ]
Title Text: I'm pretty sure he talked exactly like Yosemite Sam

Oooookay, Sabrina is a shipper.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Re: 2019/02/13 - Scrumptuous Presumption

Post by Gbr23 »

Hahahah they're just teasing Max... I mean the point is kinda vali- I'm just teeeeasing!
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Poor Max just can't catch a break. :lol:
Char89Charizard

Post by Char89Charizard »

I think Scrumptuous is a misspelling. The second U has to be an I.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Okay I have more notes.

1. Why did Peanut bring a clipboard and drawing tools to a spa?
2. Why is this story just going off the rails? I feel like this is so ADHD like everyone got distracted and lost interest in the plot. We went from tell us why Rufus kissed you to, let’s make fun of Max some more.
3. I always forget Sabrina is so much older than everyone else. Scary thought. She’s the real cougar.
4. maybe Peanut needs some more treats to finish the story because I want to know how it ends.
5. Follow up to four, there is still much more story, Sabrina, like how did Max get to Babylon Gardens, what was Rufus’s involvement, did anything else happen while Max was on the farm? I mean Coyote Sam never showed up again but what about a vengeful feral cat bent on taking control of a large terrtitory ruled by four groups of feral cats and they needed Max to help fight. Rufus and Max get swept up into the conflict and Max has to decide what he really wants out of life because maybe the feral cats were surprisingly engaging.
6. This is why we can’t have nice backstory. Robin on HIMYM said something once in season 1 about “This Lemon law is everything that’s wrong with our short attention span society” or something along those lines and I agree. This is part of telling a story, you suck it up and follow along even if it takes months to accomplish one little narrative point.
7. Everyone needs to sit back down and let Max finish his sad little tale of woe so we can feel good about our sleves that we accomplished something even if it has zero relevance because if that is true than make it relevant.
8. I think Fido just up and left.
9. So what was the point?
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Ok, I was slightly wrong; Peanut drew the comic at the spa instead of waiting till he's home. Might I say that is a pretty hefty clip-board. that spa really is well stocked. I'd say it's good Sabrina finally found a sense of humor over her age (see past examples), but this is not a good way to use such a sense of humor, even if Cats Are Master Teasers.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

fenrirblack wrote:Why is this story just going off the rails? I feel like this is so ADHD like everyone got distracted and lost interest in the plot. We went from tell us why Rufus kissed you to, let’s make fun of Max some more.
Actually, we went from making fun of Max by asking about the kiss to let's make fun of Max some more. So really we've just come full circle :P
Honestly, Rick could probably wrap it up with a final strip or two if he did it right. We've gotten all the backstory we need, the rest'd just be closure ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Nice to see Sabrina is comfortable with her "seniority" now ... but you still don't wanna ask for a number, Grape! ;)
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

so no valentine special? :(
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

fenrirblack wrote:Why is this story just going off the rails? I feel like this is so ADHD like everyone got distracted and lost interest in the plot. We went from tell us why Rufus kissed you to, let’s make fun of Max some more.
Well, Peanut did it and he pretty much IS ADHD. He certainly had the medication - which has worn off. And it's previously been established that he takes drawing equipment everywhere with him in that satchel. (and a game boy).

Sabrina, why are you insulting yourself
whilst Peanut draws feelings on the shelf?
You’re surely not one to be told
that, as fresh as you are, you are not old?
Max wants to get back on with his tale
- and it’s not one where he cannot fail -
it may be getting to the bit we’re all missing.
It may be about to explain the kissing(!)
Come on, Max, please finish the story,
this is all you, your time of glory.
Time to tell how you came to the town
so pop your head up and refuse to drown…
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

You know this may be a long shot but I hope Grape steps up in the next strip. Imagine Max is all depressed, maybe he’s still in the water or maybe he want to be alone and is going down the hall to sulk. Then Grape comes up and says

Grape: Whats wrong?
Max: You guys teased me into telling that story then didn’t want to hear the whole thing.
Grape: You know how Peanut can be. Just ignore all them. It’s just you and me now.
Max: Well you know that wasn’t easy for me to tell. That was a very hard time in my life.
Grape: Here sit down.
They sit on the floor or in some chairs.
Grape: Why don’t you tell me the rest.
Max: You don’t really care about the story. You just feel sorry for me.
Grape: Yeah so. But I’m still your girlfriend unless Res returns or someone more hunky comes along.
Max: Wait, what.
Grape: what I’m saying is, as your girlfriend I want, no I need to hear the rest of your story. So tell me what happened after you two made it back to the farm.

At the very least she could pretend to care about Max’s feelings and try to consoul him. We may not get the rest of the story but at least their relationship can get some development.
Postcard

Post by Postcard »

I'm pretty sure he talked exactly like Yosemite Sam
In my head, I always had Rufus sounding like Sam Elliott.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

OdedZeituni98 wrote:so no valentine special? :(
There was no interjection like Halloween the first year, though there's never a one-off like that for Valentines Day. If your asking about the cards, those don't always stick to the Monday, Wednsday, Friday schedule. In fact, there was only two that did (2009 and 2012). We can expect to see this year's cards tomorrow.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Well, Peanut did it and he pretty much IS ADHD. He certainly had the medication - which has worn off. And it's previously been established that he takes drawing equipment everywhere with him in that satchel. (and a game boy
You mean his 3DS?

It is true that he has had the bag in recent years so he could have brought it to the spa but we have yet to see it there. Plus he was drugged out of his skull so why would he bring that stuff with him?
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

fenrirblack wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Well, Peanut did it and he pretty much IS ADHD. He certainly had the medication - which has worn off. And it's previously been established that he takes drawing equipment everywhere with him in that satchel. (and a game boy
You mean his 3DS? It is true that he has had the bag in recent years so he could have brought it to the spa but we have yet to see it. Plus he was drugged out of his skull so why would he bring that stuff with him?
Because it's ALWAYS in his bag and he couldn't be bothered to take it out?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
You mean his 3DS? It is true that he has had the bag in recent years so he could have brought it to the spa but we have yet to see it. Plus he was drugged out of his skull so why would he bring that stuff with him?
Because it's ALWAYS in his bag?
Why would he bring the bag to the spa in the first place? The spa was practically outside his house, in a snowstorm, while he was drugged. It doesn’t make sense for him to feel the need or desire to bring it with him.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Habbit?

Dude, no need to be so caught up in this kind of detail. :|
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Yeah, I realized that after I was halfway through the second post about it. :?
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

Champion Wallace wrote:Might I say that is a pretty hefty clip-board.
Very true. My first thought was that Peanut had upgraded to a Cintiq, but you probably don't want to get water anywhere near one of those :roll:
However, now I come to think of it, Peanut's sketch from the previous strip didn't have the horizontal blue ruled lines we're used to from the Spot comics... so something's changed.
(OK, I'm probably just over-thinking irrelevant details at this point.)
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

Champion Wallace wrote:Might I say that is a pretty hefty clip-board.
Yeah, it struck me too. My first thought was that Peanut had upgraded to a Cintiq, but you probably don't want to get water anywhere near one of those :roll:
However, now I come to think of it, Peanut's sketch from the previous strip didn't have the horizontal blue ruled lines we're used to from the Spot comics... so something's changed.
(OK, I'm probably just over-thinking irrelevant details at this point.)
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:Okay I have more notes.
1. Because Peanut. 2. We know how it ends. 3. Ahem. 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9... see 2.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Titanium Dragon

Post by Titanium Dragon »

Xane wrote:Just how old IS Sabrina anyway?

Probably best never to ask again. :shock:
She's probably in her 30s, as she remembers when cell phones weren't ubiquitous.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Odd turn of events. huh.

It's heart warming they are talking about Rufus now, but they should let Max finish his story :|

Also, Sabrina brings up an interesting point about Maxwell dating older pets, but what does that make Grape? I think she's just trying to mess with Max =P

ALSO also - Sabrina's tail <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Back during one of my security jobs we had a clipboard that also stores papers inside. The clip was attached to a hinged metal box. That type of thing would be handy to hold art supplies inside and securing your work paper outside. That clipboard was about the same thickness as the one Peanut has.

So it is possible the clipboard, papers associated with running the spa and pens/pencil could all be in it, and it from the office area of the spa.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

And here I was thinking the last panel of the previous comic jumped us to after the hot springs. Nope. Oh, Peanut, why would I expect anything else?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Awww just let Max finish his story. As adorable as embarrassed Max is I think he's been teased enough. :lol:
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:You know this may be a long shot but I hope Grape steps up in the next strip. Imagine Max is all depressed, maybe he’s still in the water or maybe he want to be alone and is going down the hall to sulk. Then Grape comes up and says

Grape: Whats wrong?
Max: You guys teased me into telling that story then didn’t want to hear the whole thing.
Grape: You know how Peanut can be. Just ignore all them. It’s just you and me now.
Max: Well you know that wasn’t easy for me to tell. That was a very hard time in my life.
Grape: Here sit down.
They sit on the floor or in some chairs.
Grape: Why don’t you tell me the rest.
Max: You don’t really care about the story. You just feel sorry for me.
Grape: Yeah so. But I’m still your girlfriend unless Res returns or someone more hunky comes along.
Max: Wait, what.
Grape: what I’m saying is, as your girlfriend I want, no I need to hear the rest of your story. So tell me what happened after you two made it back to the farm.

At the very least she could pretend to care about Max’s feelings and try to consoul him. We may not get the rest of the story but at least their relationship can get some development.
I mean, his inferiority complex is showing itself for a bit longer than usual so it be nice if Grape made sure he didn’t regret telling about that story. Also, guess Sabrina dating Max is canon now rather than something that’s been suggested happened in the past
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hey, Postcard, I agree with Rufus have a Sam Elliott voice. Like the characterization. Maybe Max will get on with the story after Val's day … or maybe he'll just drown himself.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gameb18oy wrote:I mean, his inferiority complex is showing itself for a bit longer than usual so it be nice if Grape made sure he didn’t regret telling about that story. Also, guess Sabrina dating Max is canon now rather than something that’s been suggested happened in the past
Been mentioned plenty of times they dated. o_O
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:I mean, his inferiority complex is showing itself for a bit longer than usual so it be nice if Grape made sure he didn’t regret telling about that story. Also, guess Sabrina dating Max is canon now rather than something that’s been suggested happened in the past
Been mentioned plenty of times they dated. o_O
... I must have unintentionally skipped some stuff because I don’t know how I missed that... you know... there’s a good chance the moment he got the bite mark in his ear was during his time while dating her... Also considering Tarot is suggested to be Sabrina’s senior, that actually makes me wonder how old she is, especially considering Peanut is actually confirmed to be one of the youngest if not the youngest dog if we excuse the undefinable age of King and his pups
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Honestly, with how they Interrupted the story, we don't know if the Kiss was actually just a Father-Son Type of kiss, or if it had a different kind of feeling to it.

However, since Max isn't Blushing as he shouted at Sabrina, it Seems to Tell me that he is just getting Mad, because, as Fenrir pointed out, that was a time Max was not proud of, a time where he was weak, pathetic and easy kick around... And that Rufus was like a Father that Max at the Time, didn't have.

Right now, All they are doing right now is making assumptions, which is probably going to blow up in their Faces when Max is finally able to give a clear answer. And unlike us Commenters right here, they literally can just ask him, While we can only wait for the answer.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Argent wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Okay I have more notes.
1. Because Peanut. 2. We know how it ends. 3. Ahem. 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9... see 2.
Just because we know how it ends doesn’t mean it’s not a story worth telling. That’s how every story works. There are still unanswered questions. In all honesty, the only things we still need to see is how Rufus's and Max's relationship ended. Max leaves the farm and Rufus helps him but how. That moment carries a lot of emotional and relevant weight because it shaped who Max will eventually come. Rufus was the only real parental figure Max had at that age, an age that was very sensitive for his overall development. Maybe even a montage of Rufus and Max moments while Max's ankle heals leading to that heart wrenching moment where Max leaves the farm and we all cry.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

John-056 wrote:Honestly, with how they Interrupted the story, we don't know if the Kiss was actually just a Father-Son Type of kiss, or if it had a different kind of feeling to it.

However, since Max isn't Blushing as he shouted at Sabrina, it Seems to Tell me that he is just getting Mad, because, as Fenrir pointed out, that was a time Max was not proud of, a time where he was weak, pathetic and easy kick around... And that Rufus was like a Father that Max at the Time, didn't have.

Right now, All they are doing right now is making assumptions, which is probably going to blow up in their Faces when Max is finally able to give a clear answer. And unlike us Commenters right here, they literally can just ask him, While we can only wait for the answer.
Honestly, isn’t Max still kinda like that? His bravado has never been that hard to see through. Honestly, don’t know how I’m only just noticing but dang Max could use more support than people tend to show him, in a lot of ways I don’t think he completely grew out of the insecurities he’s had since he was a kitten. Kinda hope he gets at least a pat on the back from Grape for telling the story if nothing else, it be nice if he didn’t hide this side of him so much so he could maybe start showing genuine confidence overtime
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, coming within a hair's breadth of getting dismembered and eaten - TWICE - likely helps explain some of Maxwell's insecurity. Oh, and getting dumped by Sabrina. (Is that third...?)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gameb18oy wrote:Honestly, isn’t Max still kinda like that? His bravado has never been that hard to see through. Honestly, don’t know how I’m only just noticing but dang Max could use more support than people tend to show him, in a lot of ways I don’t think he completely grew out of the insecurities he’s had since he was a kitten. Kinda hope he gets at least a pat on the back from Grape for telling the story if nothing else, it be nice if he didn’t hide this side of him so much so he could maybe start showing genuine confidence overtime
He did get bravado with Grape when she was a kitten. Come to think of it, it's possible his bravado when he was young was inspired by Rufus as well, but it was squashed when Grape and Fox ended up not needing to be rescued.

Part of the problem also though could be that bravado Max isn't exactly one of those things people have come to see as more of a problem than a help and treat it more like a cute thing than serious.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

NHWestoN wrote:Yeah, coming within a hair's breadth of getting dismembered and eaten - TWICE - likely helps explain some of Maxwell's insecurity. Oh, and getting dumped by Sabrina. (Is that third...?)
I would say getting dumped by Sabrina was a good thing. He dodged a bullet there because, no offense to Sabrina, but she's a lot to deal with.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

As Fido once told her, "You terrify me!". Point made....
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Good question, Peanut. Being a farmer, probably yes. :) Oh, Sabrina, even you? Let your ex-boyfriend finish his story, please. ;) You always remark to be very old, keeping your age well hidden to us, Sabrina... Then, don't be offended when Karishad does jokes about it. :P Eheheh, looks that Maxwell really liked to date Sabrina. :D It's making him drowning in embarrassment... :P Anyway, now let's go ahead with the story, don't let anybody do interruptions. ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Honestly, isn’t Max still kinda like that? His bravado has never been that hard to see through. Honestly, don’t know how I’m only just noticing but dang Max could use more support than people tend to show him, in a lot of ways I don’t think he completely grew out of the insecurities he’s had since he was a kitten. Kinda hope he gets at least a pat on the back from Grape for telling the story if nothing else, it be nice if he didn’t hide this side of him so much so he could maybe start showing genuine confidence overtime
He did get bravado with Grape when she was a kitten. Come to think of it, it's possible his bravado when he was young was inspired by Rufus as well, but it was squashed when Grape and Fox ended up not needing to be rescued.

Part of the problem also though could be that bravado Max isn't exactly one of those things people have come to see as more of a problem than a help and treat it more like a cute thing than serious.
... I'm... not sure where you're coming from right now, you agreeing with or arguing with me? Not sure what's missing in what you said, but I don't follow what you're saying
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gameb18oy wrote:
GameCobra wrote:

... I'm... not sure where you're coming from right now, you agreeing with or arguing with me? Not sure what's missing in what you said, but I don't follow what you're saying
I'm actually pointing out and suggesting. Pointing out that Grape and Sabrina and possibly others are aware of the bravado and suggesting that the cast maybe trying to avoid him being too bravado. I should add, though, it could be one of those "don't encourage him else he might hurt himself" scenarios.