2019/02/13 - Scrumptuous Presumption

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
GameCobra

Re: 2019/02/13 - Scrumptuous Presumption

Post by GameCobra »

Gameb18oy wrote:
GameCobra wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Honestly, isn’t Max still kinda like that? His bravado has never been that hard to see through. Honestly, don’t know how I’m only just noticing but dang Max could use more support than people tend to show him, in a lot of ways I don’t think he completely grew out of the insecurities he’s had since he was a kitten. Kinda hope he gets at least a pat on the back from Grape for telling the story if nothing else, it be nice if he didn’t hide this side of him so much so he could maybe start showing genuine confidence overtime
He did get bravado with Grape when she was a kitten. Come to think of it, it's possible his bravado when he was young was inspired by Rufus as well, but it was squashed when Grape and Fox ended up not needing to be rescued.

Part of the problem also though could be that bravado Max isn't exactly one of those things people have come to see as more of a problem than a help and treat it more like a cute thing than serious.
... I'm... not sure where you're coming from right now, you agreeing with or arguing with me? Not sure what's missing in what you said, but I don't follow what you're saying
I'm actually pointing out and suggesting. Pointing out that Grape and Sabrina and possibly others are aware of the bravado and suggesting that the cast maybe trying to avoid him being too bravado. I should add, though, it could be one of those "don't encourage him else he might hurt himself" scenarios.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Careful Sabrina. You are beginning ti point out how much significantly older you are than everybody else. =3
Gr8fulFox

Post by Gr8fulFox »

Last edited by Gr8fulFox on Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that was supposed to be a joke because I can't imagine Rufus talking like that.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Something that’s always bothered me is the fact that Max dated Sabrina and now that it’s been pointed out again it seems unnerving that not only was there this large age gap but Max must have been fairly young when they dated. It was 2009 when he started dating Grape so going off this timetable in my head it would have been roughly two or three years after he left the farm......ignoring several other factors, no matter how you look at it he would still be really young. :shock:
It seems like to me they weren’t as much dating as she was babysitting him and he had this childish crush on her that he grew out of when he started dating someone more practical.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that by the time Max and Sabrina became a couple that Max at least looked a little bit mature.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

nevermind what I said
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

You know when this chapter is over we have a touching moment that really emphasizes Max’s relationship with rufus. Something with some real emotional weight. Like that episode of Wander Over Yonder where Wander befriends the evil robot and the last scene is the robots hand holding onto the picture they took together and you take a long shower because you don’t want people to see that your crying over a cartoon. Something like that.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Admittedly I have never actually cried at a cartoon. Because of that, I was so worried that there was something wrong with me. Nowadays I realize I am emotionally stunted.