So... the detective Pikachu trailer

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: So... the detective Pikachu trailer

Post by Gameb18oy »

Fair enough, though come on, don’t ignore the actually interesting part to respond to
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Okay fiiiine. :P to be honest I hadn't even heard of Orville until now, but OH MY GOD THAT TRAILER :lol: it's like galaxy quest all over again.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:Okay fiiiine. :P to be honest I hadn't even heard of Orville until now, but OH MY GOD THAT TRAILER :lol: it's like galaxy quest all over again.
Heh, yep. I forget what the trailer is like, but they aren’t hiding what they are taking influence from at all
Liam

Post by Liam »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Buster wrote:you're dead to me.
Am I considered dead or alive if I bring up that Seth McFarlane show feels more like Star Trek than STD?

Dead, absolutely.

**** is a bigot of the highest order, he shouldn't be supported in any shape or form, least of all financially. "The Awful" or whatever his show is called is a collection of crude, bigoted "jokes" strung together like Family Dude and American Man. The transphobia in that one episode about the alien couple was appalling.

That anyone can even consider to compare this abomination to Trek boggles the mind.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Y'all need to talk about this thread's actual subject.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

*removing posts*

Y'all, when a mod steps in to give instructions, we have a reason for doing so and we expect them to be followed. Do not under any circumstances countermand or otherwise "talk back" at a moderator. If you have a problem with a mod's directions please take that to the Rules and Moderator Discussion section. Furthermore, if another user is not following the rules, please do not engage with them, as this encourages further bad behavior.

In this particular case, if you want to continue talking about Star Trek, feel free to make a new thread for this purpose. Continuing here makes it difficult for anyone who might want to talk about the original topic because they would have to interrupt the new topic to do so.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

So I loved the game, but I think I might wait until the movie comes out on DVD to watch it. (That Jigglypuff is the stuff of nightmares.)

As for the voice of Pikachu, I was really rooting for Danny DeVito, but I'm a big Ryan Reynolds fan so I'm cool with him too.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm so glad that I wasn't the only one who was unnerved by Jigglypuff.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Definitely weird but I came to accept it. I, like a lot of people, questioned why it was furry, but I found someone who pointed out the fact that it does at least have hair in all of its stages. Wigglytuff even explicitly has a pokedex entry mentioning its soft fur.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah but at least in the anime, it isn't going towards uncanny valley territory.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Jigglypuff is about as terrifying and demonic as it always has been.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the real question is will the rodent retain his impressive facial contortion skills.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If it can I would imagine it would be just as creepy.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

The official twitter just posted another trailer.
https://twitter.com/DetPikachuMovie/sta ... 8817888258
Among other things, we see more Pokémon, we get to see what seems to be evolution, and a certain Legendary shows up at the end.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not gonna spoil anything, but it does all look totally nice!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

I'm not particularly hyped for the movie, but I do commend everyone involved in the animation department. Even if the pokemon are slightly unsettling, they fit seamlessly into the world around them. That's even more impressive considering the amount of visual movement and stylistic lighting that is present.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah and as soon as you get past the uncanniness of it all, it does feel like it fits nicely.