Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

furrygamer793

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote:
CyberDragon wrote:
Hawkfang42 wrote:"All the times they did explode, they were accidents, except the first one, but I promise it wasn't me." Nat said, "Well, what are we going to do now?" he asked.
Hivemind sighed, his head in his hand. "Fine." He said. "If you have nowhere to go, I suggest you hitch a ride with the Predator drone and head to the Beacon. We can figure things out from there."
"Nat, please head for the Predator Drone. He will take you to the Beacon." Hivemind urged, pointing Nat in the direction of the giant robot.
"Oh, I was just lost thinking in my head about totally important things." Nat said, then paused, "Okay, it wasn't important, I'm sorry, sir." he finished, walking over to the predator drone.

~~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon wrote:
Hawkfang42 wrote:"Why would I want to join the champions? My question is why wouldn't I? The job is amazing, thrilling, and the type of thing I've wanted to do since I was eight!" Brad exclaimed.
"It's also a deadly, high pressure job where countless lives rely on your ability to do the job perfectly." Hivemind countered. "There's glory and thrill in it, yes. But there are also horrors the Champions are exposed to that cannot be unseen once experienced. You will encounter and be expected to fight against abominations who kill for fun, cruel people who stamp out the lives of many for their own profit, legions of creatures aiming to tear you apart. Not only are you expected to fight these threats and protect civilians from them, you are expected to bring them in to me alive. You must suppress your feelings about them. The greatest threat of all is the temptation of hatred."
I understand, Hive, though this feels kind of preachy." Brad said
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Messalca shrugged and tidied a few papers up to make it look like she was doing things. "They can always stop here," she offered. "Cells are kinda basic but the door'll be left open if needed and drink made available. TOURIST drink, of course."
----------------
Hannabelle walked the bridge for a moment, wearing a bored kind of face. "War droids never did master the niceties," she reminded Gear, putting a 'hand' on hi 'shoulder'. "At least we're both wearing things. That's something. So," she added, looking to the screen, "this is what nowhere looks like? Suitably beige. And we're not alone," she added, noting Talya and Rika.
---------------
"Ta, boss," Jenny said blithely before getting into the ship. "I'll let you drive," she added, sitting and strapping in. "As I don't know where we're going and all." She turned to Quint. "You two doing OK, Quint" she asked with a smile.
-------------
"Oh," Corp said, reaching down to greet the Feline. "You know, Captain," he added, "I think the strangest thing about this universe is probably wrapping itself around our legs right now."
-------------
"Guid t' see we've summat in common, like," Sarah told the Hivebot. "We 'dapt t' the situation bu', when it's b'yond us, we c'n get defensive, like? Same f'r ye?"
-------------
"Think there's always going to be questions, Mr Hive, sir," Keeva said, trying not to purr after the kiss. "All the time we're here. Is there a vehicle exhibit," she asked, suddenly thinking of their busted car.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote: The old man smiled. "Well?" he said to Cailean. "Why don't you invite her? I am sure she would love to meet your family, and I'm sure your family would love to meet her!" He gave Cailean a friendly prod on the shoulder with his cane. "Go on! Just shut your eyes and think of yourself back on that bench!" He said, failing to mention how he knew where the boys' physical bodies were. "It's heaven! Worst case scenario is the meeting goes well, but slightly less than perfect. Heh!"
"All right! Ah'll dae it!" Cailean enthuses. He takes a deep breath to steady himself and then shuts his eyes and does as told.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Dabry smiled on Aggie and her reactions before thinking on who it could possibly be that they were talking about. "Well, if it hasnae.. hasn't been that long and you're still on the ship," he mused, "there IS one who it might be..." He turned to the others and accepted a Frushie. "You'd probably get on with her. Protective and only pretends to hate those from North of... Is it Newquay? No, um... what's the name of that city? Ah. Newcastle."
"Ah think ye might ken who it is." Conall signs to Dabry, having read the cat's lips but forgetting that he doesn't know sign. "We're... Kinda on a different ship but wi' th' same crew. It's a long story. Remind me tae tell ye some time."
Seeing the blank look on the feline's face, Aggie quickly translates for him.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Dabry laughed. "Easier if you tell Aggie," he told Connal, "and she can tell me. I have to learn Sign whilst I'm up here."
----------------
"Fig'r som'un's wakin' up," Sarah said, watching Cailean.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hawkfang42 wrote:"Oh, I was just lost thinking in my head about totally important things." Nat said, then paused, "Okay, it wasn't important, I'm sorry, sir." he finished, walking over to the predator drone.
seeing the 'kid' or atleast what he thought was a kid, walking towards the portal with seemingly no sense of urgency,"Yeah i'm not waiting." kobor grumbled, taking control of predator. before scooping nat up with one hand and then stuffing him into predator's maw and digitizing him. timing it so he'd disappear from the physical world a fraction of a second before the hulking machine's jaw closes around where he's been.

A moment later, the hybrid would rematerialize at the back of the bridge, kobor not realizing the setting haddn't been switched from crew back to passenger yet after preadator picked up Hannabelle.

"there, explosion magnet is aboard. can we go?" kobor states, sounding both bored and irritated.

----------------------------
CyberDragon wrote:"Alright, everyone who isn't going with Predator, pile into the Ibis." Hivemind stated. "The ship will take you to a small town where you'll be staying. You'll have the rest of the day off barring absolute emergencies. Titan, Tempest, and I will stay behind and secure the area."
kol huffs, muttering something about another metal box, before climbing aboard and finding a seat.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana chuckled at Kol's misunderstanding of the phrase as they stepped into the drop ship. "It's just a phrase... I actually don't know what it came from. All I know is it's used to refer to the high and mighty or people higher up the chain of command." She sat down and strapped in. "Ah, this day feels like it's been goin' forever. Then again, for an invasion it was kinda short so I guess it balances out."
"I think your language needs new expressions. He dropped pretty fast for someone who's supposed to be 'mighty'." kol states, taking a seat and pulling off her helmet. "long enough that the air inside is stale and warm. i think this thing needs a recharge... or a metalsmith." kol states gesturing to her armor. as if in answer something inside one of the plates marred with scorch marks from a hit shorted, an audible pop and a single spark being released as one half of the status screen on her wrist guard blacked out.

"Okay definitely a smith..."

----------------------------
CyberDragon wrote:"Sorry June." Hivemind said. "I fear I encouraged you to go down there. I should have warned you more about how difficult the job can be. I was not aware your power had such a high energy cost."
june's response is to frown, and stick her tongue out at hivemind.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken decided to take his life in his own paws again and do something he probably shouldn't do. He gave his best friend a hug. "Team mates get hugs," he said, "but not Mr Lycan."
or atleast it was until jaken grabbed her. immediately switching from annoyed to thrashing to get free. albeit thrashing with more play than fight to it. "Gah! Nooo. Leggo!"
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As the group got onto the ship, Quint sat down next to Jenny, giving her a faint, yet friendly smile to match her own as she asked how he and his partner were doing. ”I am doing quite well Jenny, thank you for asking. I believe Kolt will be waking up in a few minutes.” He said, the flat tone of his voice doing nothing to convey how he really felt. As he sat there, looking out the window at the clouds that seemed to bode rain, he remembered something, and turned to look back at Jenny. ”This might seem a bit sudden, but what are your thoughts on Diligitus? I have been pondering the subject for a bit and I would like your take on it.”

”While I appreciate the attempt to make me feel better Corp, I’m not in the mood for jokes at the moment.” Liz said, taking a quick moment to gently pat Snowball’s head before moving to the couch and burying her head in her hands. She gave out a very audible (if slightly muffled) annoyed groan before lifting her head back out of her hands and glaring angrily at nothing in particular. ”Stupid cryptic git. He can’t just drop something like that on us like that and then immediately follow it up with “I can’t provide too many details.” Because then I have draw conclusions without sufficient information, and I hate that.”
Lewis meanwhile, seemed to be doing his best to act like the last minutes didn’t happen, plugging some earbuds in and listening to music as he desperately tried to avoid think about the fact that you could apparently VISIT THE DEAD HOW DID ANY OF THAT WORK!?!?!?!?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Diligitus," Jenny repeated. "They seem to be something that draws power from - and gives power to - love. The more there is, the stronger it is. Concerns? Yeah. A few. What if the feelings you're feeling aren't all yours but influenced by an avatar like some of the others we've seen these few weeks? Is the advice being given for free or is there a price to come later? That sort of thing. But, from what little I've seen, it seems to concentrate on Kolt because he needs to remember people love him, Quint." Now it was a slightly brighter smile. "He already knows that, too. But he's just forgotten, I think. I think you can trust this Diligitus not to want to hurt him. If he does?" She put her hand on Quint's/Kolts and put as much 'play' into her tone as she could. "We'll have to kick his bottom!"
---------------
Corp sat on the couch and put Snowball onto his lap for the moment. "You're a scientist at heart and a Captain by trade," he admitted, "so it's no wonder you're approaching this from the angle of how you understand and explain it. I, on the other hand, approach things from the Soldier's perspective, Liz. 'How do I SURVIVE this' comes first. Answers come later. Put it another way. People didn't float before Newton explained Gravity. They didn't know what was tying them to the ground or even that there was a need to BE tied to the ground. They just accepted it. We've simply gone from not knowing to not understanding." Without thinking, he put a hand on her shoulder. "You'll get your answers, Captain," he said quietly, smoothing Snowball with his other hand, "just relax and survive for tonight, yes?"
--------------
Jaken grinned and released June from his hug. "Not everyone gets to hug a Shark," he said with a little pride. "Gonna be watching things when Mo... Miss Rika gets back," he said, "wanna come over?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

june's expression turns into a taunting smirk when she hears jaken's attempt at self correction. "you called her mom." she points out in a sing-song tone. poking jaken as she does.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Did not," Jaken laughed, play-fighting the poking for a moment. "Perhaps I did," he amended, his ears bending despite the still present smile. "She's kinda like a mom." He tilted his head slightly. "So, coming," he repeated.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Did not," Jaken laughed, play-fighting the poking for a moment.
"Yes you diiiiid!" She singsongs, not letting up, dancing arounf him to make it harder to swat her away.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Perhaps I did," he amended, his ears bending despite the still present smile. "She's kinda like a mom."
june takes the distracted moment to get behind him and clamp her jaw onto his head. again. "grawr." looks like it's shark hat time.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:He tilted his head slightly. "So, coming," he repeated.
"frure!" she mumbles.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana let out a laugh at Kol's words, her eye lights flashing on to properly show her mirth. "So true! I honestly don't know half these things true meanings, it's just after ten years of hearing them used it's just what they mean now. Like if a planet calls the color blue red instead. Technically right even when wrong. Language!" She turned towards Kol proper at the sound of the pop, tilting her head slightly. "Ah, I understand armor destruction well. Back on the Rim I had a guy who helped me out tons whenever I came back from a mission with ninety percent of my shell messed up and he always put it back into working order. As for yours, just tell Hive and I'm sure he can do something soon. Depends though, what with so much work to be done on this planet right now, so." She gave a simple shrug and leaned back for the ride to come.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Still hungry and remembering where he'd been going, Jaken chose to reach behind himself and hook his arms around June's legs to 'pick her up' onto his back and he just about managed to lift his 'hat' into a 'backpack'. "C'mon, Shark hat," he said cheerily, staggering forwards.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:"So saith the lycan kissed by Mother Moon" Hawk replies before adding "I'd watch throwing that word Genocidal Monster around like that. We dealt with your kind before on many occasions and while it appears you are in control..." Looking over, Hawk's right arm then shifts to that of his other-side, all steel and chrome along with very sharp claws, before shifting back and saying "...I wouldn't want to be near you if it's your time when the moon dances with the sun." With a cracking of his neck, he goes on to ask both of them "So what training do you have in mind for us?"
"If you were implying that I might loose control and become violent..." The Lycan frowned. "Then you have never encountered a Lycan from Earth before in your life."

"We don't 'loose control,' nor do we have any association with the moon." Eira interjected. "Our transformations are at will, voluntary, and controlled by specialized muscles. So unless you're a steak..." Eira held up her plate with the large raw steak on it. "You have no need to be concerned about us getting aggressive or attacking."

Randy nodded. "Now that that's cleared up, your training will have to wait until tomorrow. If it's just you there, then you will likely be sparring with a veteran champion."

-------------------------------------
Deske wrote:"A quarter of a millennia old and you barely look a day over a century. If I didn't know better I'd be jealous. I'm not looking forward to looking old and gross in my 60's," He said with a grin. "After having to ride in on a dropship, I don't think I'm going to pass up the opportunity to fly this time."
MT took off when the Ibis did and followed along beside it. "Try 600. According to the Beacon's public network, medical technology there has the ability to potentially slow the aging process."

Deske wrote:Ulrich steps up onto the dropship, taking a seat nearer to the door.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana chuckled at Kol's misunderstanding of the phrase as they stepped into the drop ship. "It's just a phrase... I actually don't know what it came from. All I know is it's used to refer to the high and mighty or people higher up the chain of command." She sat down and strapped in. "Ah, this day feels like it's been goin' forever. Then again, for an invasion it was kinda short so I guess it balances out."
~\Rook/~ wrote:Traci follows suit getting into the dropship and chose somewhere to sit. "Oh she doesn't mind anyone being 'unprofessional', she just forgets that she can let loose too when in public. I understand though, talking with my friends at the C.I.D was mostly about the work. Only the rare times me and Rika had time off together was when we both could talk about anything and everything~!" Traci replied as she strapped herself in, talking at a higher speed now.
"So what do the two of you usually talk about, if you don't mind me asking?" Recon inquired while they waited for the ship to take off.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ta, boss," Jenny said blithely before getting into the ship. "I'll let you drive," she added, sitting and strapping in. "As I don't know where we're going and all." She turned to Quint. "You two doing OK, Quint" she asked with a smile.
Legotron123 wrote:As the group got onto the ship, Quint sat down next to Jenny, giving her a faint, yet friendly smile to match her own as she asked how he and his partner were doing.
Buster wrote:kol huffs, muttering something about another metal box, before climbing aboard and finding a seat."I think your language needs new expressions. He dropped pretty fast for someone who's supposed to be 'mighty'." kol states, taking a seat and pulling off her helmet. "long enough that the air inside is stale and warm. i think this thing needs a recharge... or a metalsmith." kol states gesturing to her armor. as if in answer something inside one of the plates marred with scorch marks from a hit shorted, an audible pop and a single spark being released as one half of the status screen on her wrist guard blacked out.

"Okay definitely a smith..."
Hivemind sighed. "We'll get your armor fixed, Kol. I'll bring down a spare for you to use in the meantime. It won't be as good as that one, but it will keep your temperature regulated."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Diligitus," Jenny repeated. "They seem to be something that draws power from - and gives power to - love. The more there is, the stronger it is. Concerns? Yeah. A few. What if the feelings you're feeling aren't all yours but influenced by an avatar like some of the others we've seen these few weeks? Is the advice being given for free or is there a price to come later? That sort of thing. But, from what little I've seen, it seems to concentrate on Kolt because he needs to remember people love him, Quint." Now it was a slightly brighter smile. "He already knows that, too. But he's just forgotten, I think. I think you can trust this Diligitus not to want to hurt him. If he does?" She put her hand on Quint's/Kolts and put as much 'play' into her tone as she could. "We'll have to kick his bottom!"
"Diligitis is the sentient form of love." Hivemind corrected, interrupting perhaps a bit tactlessly. "The nature of love is to give of oneself with no expectation of reward. Simply because you care about the person you're giving it to. If Diligitis gives you a gift, you are not obligated to pay any price. He doesn't expect you to, at least." He explained briefly.

Finally, once everyone was on board, the Ibis started to lift into the air. The engines came to life, and the ship blasted off at high speed toward the team's last stop for the night. Again though, due to the dampeners, the only indication they were accelerating on the inside was a mild force and the world moving past them seen through the windows.

~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika is sitting in one of the chairs on the bridge, leaned back slightly with her legs crossed and arms behind her head. She also seems to be humming to herself.
Hawkfang42 wrote:"Oh, I was just lost thinking in my head about totally important things." Nat said, then paused, "Okay, it wasn't important, I'm sorry, sir." he finished, walking over to the predator drone.
Buster wrote:seeing the 'kid' or atleast what he thought was a kid, walking towards the portal with seemingly no sense of urgency,"Yeah i'm not waiting." kobor grumbled, taking control of predator. before scooping nat up with one hand and then stuffing him into predator's maw and digitizing him. timing it so he'd disappear from the physical world a fraction of a second before the hulking machine's jaw closes around where he's been.

A moment later, the hybrid would rematerialize at the back of the bridge, kobor not realizing the setting haddn't been switched from crew back to passenger yet after preadator picked up Hannabelle.

"there, explosion magnet is aboard. can we go?" kobor states, sounding both bored and irritated.
"Please don't do that again." Predator said. "My jaws can easily crush most organic beings, and you do not have a computer's sense of timing or precision."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Hannabelle walked the bridge for a moment, wearing a bored kind of face. "War droids never did master the niceties," she reminded Gear, putting a 'hand' on his 'shoulder'.
"Yeah..." Gear said, fidgeting slightly. "That's somethin' you'll have to work on, Predator!" He called out to the droid.

"If I had given you a clear warning, you may have backed out or changed your mind. The phrase 'easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission' comes to mind." the voice around them said. "Still though, I will take that into account during my socialization practice today. And... Sorry about that."

Gear sighed. "guess he's got a point..." he mumbled as Predator took off into the air.

Hawkfang42 wrote:I understand, Hive, though this feels kind of preachy." Brad said
Hivemind scowled slightly. "It may sound 'preachy' but it's only that way because these rules the champions have are literally life and death. Follow them, lives are saved. Break them, lives are lost." Hivemind shook his head and continued. "The first rule to understand about the Champions is that Champions do not kill their opponents. The only exceptions being during large-scale invasions and as an absolute last resort to save the lives of civilians. Even then, the death will be investigated to determine if it was necessary or not. Understand?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Messalca shrugged and tidied a few papers up to make it look like she was doing things. "They can always stop here," she offered. "Cells are kinda basic but the door'll be left open if needed and drink made available. TOURIST drink, of course."
Hivemind couldn't help but laugh a bit. "I... don't think they'll be needing a drink." he said before looking a little uncomfortable. "Tell me, Sheriff... Do you believe in ghosts?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Guid t' see we've summat in common, like," Sarah told the Hivebot. "We 'dapt t' the situation bu', when it's b'yond us, we c'n get defensive, like? Same f'r ye?"
Hivemind shrugged. "I don't think it's really defensive to admit you don't know how an extradimensional paradise run by a demigod who likes to break rules would work. If I claimed I did, I would be quite insane."
Hlaoroo wrote:"All right! Ah'll dae it!" Cailean enthuses. He takes a deep breath to steady himself and then shuts his eyes and does as told.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Fig'r som'un's wakin' up," Sarah said, watching Cailean.
"Well, welcome back to the land of the living! Literally!" Hivemind laughed. "So how's it going? Did you see your family? Why are you back so early without Conall?"

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah think ye might ken who it is." Conall signs to Dabry, having read the cat's lips but forgetting that he doesn't know sign. "We're... Kinda on a different ship but wi' th' same crew. It's a long story. Remind me tae tell ye some time."
Seeing the blank look on the feline's face, Aggie quickly translates for him.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Dabry laughed. "Easier if you tell Aggie," he told Connal, "and she can tell me. I have to learn Sign whilst I'm up here."
The old man smiled and tapped his cane into the ground before standing up. "I have somewhere I am needed, I'm afraid. It shouldn't take long. Go ahead and catch up while I'm gone." With that, he walked off down the road and vanished like smoke behind some rocks.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh," Corp said, reaching down to greet the Feline. "You know, Captain," he added, "I think the strangest thing about this universe is probably wrapping itself around our legs right now."
The cat purred in response to the attention.
Legotron123 wrote:”While I appreciate the attempt to make me feel better Corp, I’m not in the mood for jokes at the moment.” Liz said, taking a quick moment to gently pat Snowball’s head before moving to the couch and burying her head in her hands. She gave out a very audible (if slightly muffled) annoyed groan before lifting her head back out of her hands and glaring angrily at nothing in particular. ”Stupid cryptic git. He can’t just drop something like that on us like that and then immediately follow it up with “I can’t provide too many details.” Because then I have draw conclusions without sufficient information, and I hate that.”
Lewis meanwhile, seemed to be doing his best to act like the last minutes didn’t happen, plugging some earbuds in and listening to music as he desperately tried to avoid think about the fact that you could apparently VISIT THE DEAD HOW DID ANY OF THAT WORK!?!?!?!?
Snowball's head and ears suddenly perked up as if she had just heard something. The fluffy white cat bounded off toward the kitchen, meowing at anyone who would listen, and purring loudly once she got there. The three would hear a voice from the kitchen. It was a very friendly sounding voice, like that of a grandparent.

"Aww, hello to you too, Snowball. Such a sweet kitty you are!" the voice said. An old, weathered hand could be seen scritching Snowball under the chin and around the neck, much to the cat's delight. "Hmm... in hindsight I should have used the door... I'll have to make a note of that for later... Whelp! Hindsight is 20/20! Even when you can't see." The owner of the hand stood up and walked around the corner. It was, of course, the Hobomancer. The old man beamed at the three with the warmest smile they would have ever seen. Corp would be able to tell this man absolutely radiated love, compassion, charity, and mercy like an emotional supernova. "I'm sorry for the intrusion, but the 'man upstairs' told me there were some folks here who needed a bit of comfort and guidance." he said, leaning on his cane and stroking his long santa-beard.

Buster wrote:"frure!" she mumbles.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Still hungry and remembering where he'd been going, Jaken chose to reach behind himself and hook his arms around June's legs to 'pick her up' onto his back and he just about managed to lift his 'hat' into a 'backpack'. "C'mon, Shark hat," he said cheerily, staggering forwards.
The hive droid followed along, laughing at the antics of the two kids. "What are you in the mood for, Jaken? I think you've earned your pick of whatever restaurant you feel like eating at."
Last edited by CyberDragon on Fri May 17, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hawk chuckled, though one could tell there was a bit of sadness to his chuckle, "I haven't actually been on Earth for...fifty or sixty-some years...so you'd forgive me if I'm not familiar with Earth Lycans as we're more familiar with other planets versions...and ourselves, most part." he replied before quipping "Though I'm pretty sure your teeth would have one heck of a time trying to bite through this flesh...trust me on that one...I will admit that steak does look and smell good but we already ate earlier so moving on...this 'sparring' you have in mind. Would you require us to be handicapped in any way or do you want us to pretty much go full power?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Quint gave a nod as he smiled at Jenny. ”I had similar thoughts. Though my focus was more on how, for lack of a better word, oddly “chill” he is. He acts less like a god and more like he just wants to be our friend. I am not quite sure what to make of it.” He said, before his borrowed face took on a slightly less jovial expression. ”Though admittedly, that’s not the only reason I’ve been thinking about Diligitus lately.”

The Hobomancers friendly attitude did nothing to calm down Liz and Lewis, who already had their weapons out and pointed at the intruder before he’d rounded the corner. ”Who are you, why are you here, and how did you get in?” Liz said, any stress from before gone as she was solely focused on defending her home.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Even though Corp couldn't feel any hostility from the incomer, he was still on his feet with blades out within two seconds, moving between Liz and the Hobomancer as he interpreted the lack of threatening feeling from the weathered wizard. (he made sure to leave Lewis line of sight) "I don't sense he's a threat," he said carefully, retracting the knives, "but he does need to explain quickly. And knock next time."
-------------------
Dabry watched the Hobo go. "I'm not sure what's more preturbing," he admitted. "The fact that that doesn't preturb me or the fact that his Ian McCellan impersonation is terrible."
-------------------
"Ah, but it wouldn't be me if I didn't try to repay a gift, Hive," Jenny mused, leaning back. "What you been thinking, Quint," she asked.
------------------
"Could have been worse," Hannabelle reassured Gear, "this could have been some sort of simulated 'paradise' setting. Me in my twenties or something when I know I'm not. For a strict mind simulations of paradise only work when you don't know they're simulations. And who's the little guy anyway?"
------------------
"Um," Jaken said, taking care turning his head with a Sharkhat on. He thought and changed his mind on the Steak. "They had this thing? Um... Jerky Chicken or something? Human but not bland. It was OK." He instinctively ducked slightly as Andy ran across the roof.
------------------
Messalca sagged slightly. "I hunt and send things on to better lives regularly - but not sentients before you ask - but I generally believe the spirit moves on to the next stage. I take it some that haven't quite moved on are on their way?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Dabry laughed. "Easier if you tell Aggie," he told Connal, "and she can tell me. I have to learn Sign whilst I'm up here."
So, Conall tells the whole story with Aggie translating for Dabry, then pauses to see the cat's reaction.

~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon wrote: "Well, welcome back to the land of the living! Literally!" Hivemind laughed. "So how's it going? Did you see your family? Why are you back so early without Conall?"
Cailean blinks for a moment to reorient himself and then focuses on Sarah.
"We found our family, Sarah! They want tae meet ye! Will ye come back wi' me?" he queries, tail wagging.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Dabry looked at Aggie and Conall agog, his left ear twitching. It took a second or two for him to think of something to say. "One of us must be mad," he said, putting a finger in his ear. "I think it's me." He pulled the finger out and looked at it. "Is that a bit of my brain?" He put the finger back in his ear but smiled on Aggie, hoping his joke had worked. "You have to admit, it sounds like a big few eeks."
----------------
Sarah gave Cailean a light hug. "Ah s'pose." She looked to Hive. "'Ow'd I do this 'gain? Nev'r mind, ah r'call." So saying she took up a similar pose to Cailean and tried to think hippy... happy thoughts.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:"So what do the two of you usually talk about, if you don't mind me asking?" Recon inquired while they waited for the ship to take off.
"Oh, loads of things. Like small-talk; how our work was, what we did, what we had for lunch.. Or more interesting things; movies we've watched, our hobbies.. And even personal stuff; what friends have been up to, family matters, our own thoughts.. Oh, and girly talk of course.." Traci replied. "..All sorts of things you talk about with a good friend, really!"
CyberDragon wrote:Finally, once everyone was on board, the Ibis started to lift into the air. The engines came to life, and the ship blasted off at high speed toward the team's last stop for the night. Again though, due to the dampeners, the only indication they were accelerating on the inside was a mild force and the world moving past them seen through the windows.
"Oop, and we're off!" Traci said as the ship took off, leaning towards a nearby window, then immediately turning back. "Urf, forgot i'm a little afraid of heights for a second there.." She added, shrugging her fear off.

-----
CyberDragon wrote:
Buster wrote:seeing the 'kid' or atleast what he thought was a kid, walking towards the portal with seemingly no sense of urgency,"Yeah i'm not waiting." kobor grumbled, taking control of predator. before scooping nat up with one hand and then stuffing him into predator's maw and digitizing him. timing it so he'd disappear from the physical world a fraction of a second before the hulking machine's jaw closes around where he's been.

"Please don't do that again." Predator said. "My jaws can easily crush most organic beings, and you do not have a computer's sense of timing or precision."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Hannabelle walked the bridge for a moment, wearing a bored kind of face. "War droids never did master the niceties," she reminded Gear, putting a 'hand' on his 'shoulder'.
[color=#"B4B4B4"]"Yeah..."[/color] Gear said, fidgeting slightly. "That's somethin' you'll have to work on, Predator!" He called out to the droid.

"If I had given you a clear warning, you may have backed out or changed your mind. The phrase 'easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission' comes to mind." the voice around them said. "Still though, I will take that into account during my socialization practice today. And... Sorry about that."

Gear sighed. "guess he's got a point..." he mumbled.
Rika kept humming lightly to the song in her head, letting the others get used to being here and awaiting the return home.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

considering shes slightly taller than jaken, and has a tail that's now dragging on the floor, june's posture has gone from silly to absurd now that she's piggybacking on jaken. when he ducked though she let go to avoid her layered teeth tearing at his scalp.

- - - - - - - - -

"We've seen your code. You're a hive machine; you've got more safety systems than personality. He was flagged as a civilian, if i had the timing wrong your jaw probably wouldn't have closed at all." Kobor argues, deflecting predator's complaint.

- - - - - - - - -

"i think this is my third one..." Kol absentmindedly commented.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Could have been worse," Hannabelle reassured Gear, "this could have been some sort of simulated 'paradise' setting. Me in my twenties or something when I know I'm not. For a strict mind simulations of paradise only work when you don't know they're simulations. And who's the little guy anyway?"
"Little guy? You're calling me little, well I may be, but I'll have you know I have done two double-major master's degrees, and it only took two months each!" Nat exclaimed
Rp characters
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hannabelle inclined her head slightly down towards the newcomer. "So you're a smart little one," the elderly Celican huntress queried lightly. "I meant who ARE you? I, for example,am Hannabelle Jess."
---------------
"Thanks, June," Jaken said, moving a hand to make sure his scalp was still there.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Aggie shrugs after she finishes signing Dabry's reaction.
"Och, Ah dinnae ken, Dabry. Conall disnae generally lie. An' if'n he can find his way tae Heaven wi'oot havin' tae die first then why could he nae hae foond his wye tae another dimenson?" she opines, making sure to sign it for Conall's benefit.

~~~~~~~~
Digilitis, can ye tak' us back, please? Cailean thinks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hawkfang42 wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Could have been worse," Hannabelle reassured Gear, "this could have been some sort of simulated 'paradise' setting. Me in my twenties or something when I know I'm not. For a strict mind simulations of paradise only work when you don't know they're simulations. And who's the little guy anyway?"
"Little guy? You're calling me little, well I may be, but I'll have you know I have done two double-major master's degrees, and it only took two months each!" Nat exclaimed
in less than a second one of kobor's tentacles stretches out to it's full 4m and tries so smack nat upside the head. the appendage thin as a rope at that length.
"Lying wont get you anywhere, brat." he states with contempt, apparently not only not believing his claim, but doubting Nat is even an adult.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Yeah but ten times the life expectancy? That's pretty steep... Also a massive overpopulation issue just waiting to happen, but I guess if you've got ten times the life to use, you might see it as less of an incentive to sit down somewhere and not move. I'd definitely travel a lot more if I have a definitive "Yeah, you won't feel old for another five or so centuries." Chris was silent in thought for a few seconds before continuing. "I wonder if having robot parts would interfere with my repairing ability. Like, 650 years down the line when everything's old and broken anyway, do you think I'm gonna lose my ability to fix things on the fly because I decided that robot arms were cool," he added with a grin.

------

"Hey did we ever ask Hive if he had a place to stay for us," One of the doctors thought to the rest.
"Nah, I was pretty sure we were just gonna crash with Denver."
"Can't do that, he's got a girl now too, remember?"
"I mean they're not official yet. They haven't even had their first date."
"Hey!"
"I mean it's true."
"Yeah... well... shut up. She's interested..."
"Guys. The house? Still kinda need one of those. Or an apartment or something. Anywhere but the street."
"I'm pretty sure you can just speak to a wall or to no one in particular and he'll probably show up. Dude's probably got surveillance absolutely leaking out of the airlocks."
"Riiight... Well, here goes then..." Romeo, being in the hospital still, decided that there wasn't really a better place to try and "talk to no one in particular." So he did, "Hey, Hive? The rest of us kind of need a place to stay, what with the other two having people they care about. The rest of us can all share a room, since I'm pretty sure it's just plain inefficient to have one place per person. Plus, we like to party when we're off shift so we'll mostly be staying at one place anyway." He paused at the end, trying to figure out what else to say, "Do I just end it like an email?"
"Absolutely, if you don't end it with 'Hugs and Kisses, Romeo' then you're just not playing the part right."
Romeo snorted and held a hand to muzzle to stifle a laugh, "Got it." He continued his conversation with "no one in particular", "Hugs and kisses, Romeo."
"Oh man, he actually did it," was the general thought that proceeded giggling and laughter from a crew of identical dogs spread out around the Beacon.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Buster wrote:
Hawkfang42 wrote:
in less than a second one of kobor's tentacles stretches out to it's full 4m and tries so smack nat upside the head. the appendage thin as a rope at that length.
"Lying wont get you anywhere, brat." he states with contempt, apparently not only not believing his claim, but doubting Nat is even an adult.
The tentacle hit Nat, and he slowly breathed to calm himself down, but eventually he snapped at Kobor "Okay, listen up octopus, it is, at least in my world, considered rude to whack people, and my worst students knew better than to slap their coach. And if you really don't believe me," he pulls a card from inside what holds his crossbow and continues, "Here, birth certificate, because it's obvious you think of me as a kid, and my proof of diplomas." Turning over to Hannabelle, he responds, a lot calmer, with "I am Nathaniel Htetakar Jay, but please just call me Nat."

~~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon wrote:
Hawkfang42 wrote:I understand, Hive, though this feels kind of preachy." Brad said
Hivemind scowled slightly. "It may sound 'preachy' but it's only that way because these rules the champions have are literally life and death. Follow them, lives are saved. Break them, lives are lost." Hivemind shook his head and continued. "The first rule to understand about the Champions is that Champions do not kill their opponents. The only exceptions being during large-scale invasions and as an absolute last resort to save the lives of civilians. Even then, the death will be investigated to determine if it was necessary or not. Understand?"
How does he talk so much without seemingly breathing he thought, and responded with "Yes sir, I understand, but what do you do about the really bad ones? Do you use the Reformed?"
Rp characters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Hawk chuckled, though one could tell there was a bit of sadness to his chuckle, "I haven't actually been on Earth for...fifty or sixty-some years...so you'd forgive me if I'm not familiar with Earth Lycans as we're more familiar with other planets versions...and ourselves, most part." he replied before quipping "Though I'm pretty sure your teeth would have one heck of a time trying to bite through this flesh...trust me on that one...I will admit that steak does look and smell good but we already ate earlier so moving on...this 'sparring' you have in mind. Would you require us to be handicapped in any way or do you want us to pretty much go full power?"
"We would want you to go full power against your first opponent. That way we can properly gauge exactly how strong you are." Lycan said.

"Just know, no matter how strong you are, your first opponent is going to be stronger." Eira continued.

--------------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:The Hobomancers friendly attitude did nothing to calm down Liz and Lewis, who already had their weapons out and pointed at the intruder before he’d rounded the corner. ”Who are you, why are you here, and how did you get in?” Liz said, any stress from before gone as she was solely focused on defending her home.
The man did not seem to be distressed by the guns pointing at him in the slightest. Instead, he simply smiled and focused on answering Liz's questions. "My name is Mr. C, though most people call me 'Hobomancer' or 'Hobo Wizard' and I find it amusing enough that I go by those names too. I'm simply a likable old mentor figure a few weeks from retirement. No need to bother shooting me, as I'm pretty much a dead man walking anyway. Hah!" Hobomancer laughed. "You could say I'm a 'priest' of sorts for Diligitis, the guy in charge of most of Heaven. More like a friend of his, though. I received word that you had questions I am well suited to answer. As for how I got in, well... I'm not entirely sure. Heh. I seem to just show up where the big guy feels I'm needed. I suppose you could say it's a power of sorts. I've stopped questioning it by now."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Even though Corp couldn't feel any hostility from the incomer, he was still on his feet with blades out within two seconds, moving between Liz and the Hobomancer as he interpreted the lack of threatening feeling from the weathered wizard. (he made sure to leave Lewis line of sight) "I don't sense he's a threat," he said carefully, retracting the knives, "but he does need to explain quickly. And knock next time."
Mr. C smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry. Having a demigod in one's brain all the time can cause a person to forget some social norms. Like the fact that doors exist for a reason." He said, though the last bit sounded like it was directed towards someone else who couldn't be seen.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Messalca sagged slightly. "I hunt and send things on to better lives regularly - but not sentients before you ask - but I generally believe the spirit moves on to the next stage. I take it some that haven't quite moved on are on their way?"
"Again, confidential. I'm not sure how people would react to the knowledge. I can neither confirm nor deny anything about Legion. Although..." he added. "Hypothetically, if I were to say something crazy like... say... Legion is a collection of one-thousand souls sharing a robotic shell, how might that go down if it turns out to be difficult to keep all one thousand souls from saying anything about who they are? Especially if they happen to run into someone they know? Again, hypothetically speaking..." Hivemind asked.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Um," Jaken said, taking care turning his head with a Sharkhat on. He thought and changed his mind on the Steak. "They had this thing? Um... Jerky Chicken or something? Human but not bland. It was OK." He instinctively ducked slightly as Andy ran across the roof.
"Jerk Chicken." Hivemind nodded. "I know a Jamaican food place that serves it. This way!" Hivemind lead Jaken plus hat over to the nearest portal door. They would emerge only about a block away from the Jamaican food restaurant, which Hivemind led them towards.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sarah gave Cailean a light hug. "Ah s'pose." She looked to Hive. "'Ow'd I do this 'gain? Nev'r mind, ah r'call." So saying she took up a similar pose to Cailean and tried to think hippy... happy thoughts.
Hlaoroo wrote:Digilitis, can ye tak' us back, please? Cailean thinks.
"Of course, Cailean." the benevolent voice spoke into their thoughts. "Both of you now... open your eyes."
The two would find themselves back in front of the brother's old house. Conall, Dabry, and the rest of the family were just a short walk away, sitting at a picnic blanket with plates of pie.

Legotron123 wrote:Quint gave a nod as he smiled at Jenny. ”I had similar thoughts. Though my focus was more on how, for lack of a better word, oddly “chill” he is. He acts less like a god and more like he just wants to be our friend. I am not quite sure what to make of it.” He said, before his borrowed face took on a slightly less jovial expression. ”Though admittedly, that’s not the only reason I’ve been thinking about Diligitus lately.”
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah, but it wouldn't be me if I didn't try to repay a gift, Hive," Jenny mused, leaning back. "What you been thinking, Quint," she asked.
~\Rook/~ wrote:"Oh, loads of things. Like small-talk; how our work was, what we did, what we had for lunch.. Or more interesting things; movies we've watched, our hobbies.. And even personal stuff; what friends have been up to, family matters, our own thoughts.. Oh, and girly talk of course.." Traci replied. "..All sorts of things you talk about with a good friend, really!"
"I think it's that girly talk I'm missing out on most, honestly." Recon said, sighing a bit. "I can talk to Gadgeteer about a lot of stuff, but there's plenty I can't really talk to them about. It's not like I can talk about guys with the guys or anything like that."
Buster wrote:"i think this is my third one..." Kol absentmindedly commented.
"You should be more careful, yes..." Hivemind said as the ship got closer to it's destination. "But I will fix or replace your armor as many times as needed."
Deske wrote:"Yeah but ten times the life expectancy? That's pretty steep... Also a massive overpopulation issue just waiting to happen, but I guess if you've got ten times the life to use, you might see it as less of an incentive to sit down somewhere and not move. I'd definitely travel a lot more if I have a definitive "Yeah, you won't feel old for another five or so centuries." Chris was silent in thought for a few seconds before continuing. "I wonder if having robot parts would interfere with my repairing ability. Like, 650 years down the line when everything's old and broken anyway, do you think I'm gonna lose my ability to fix things on the fly because I decided that robot arms were cool," he added with a grin.
"I would not know, but I would hope you wouldn't risk it simply to get a cybernetic arm. If it turns out you need your hands for your powers, that would be quite the impressive downgrade." MT said.

The town was just now coming into view as the Ibis started reducing it's altitude. Messalca would be able to see the Ibis over the treetops, flying over to it's LZ, where it landed softly in the middle of the park right next to the Sparrow that took Hivemind, Seena, and Sana to the town. The dropship doors opened. "Alright everyone. This is our stop. Time to pile out!"

MT landed in a vacant parking lot with a bang from metal on concrete.

"Honestly, I'd've taken the paradise setting... Least I could pretend to relax." Gear said.
~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika kept humming lightly to the song in her head, letting the others get used to being here and awaiting the return home.
"Speaking of..." Gear turned to Rika. "I don't think I've properly thanked ya fer helpin' out my guests back at my resort."
Buster wrote:"We've seen your code. You're a hive machine; you've got more safety systems than personality. He was flagged as a civilian, if i had the timing wrong your jaw probably wouldn't have closed at all." Kobor argues, deflecting predator's complaint.
"I suppose you're right, but it's best to be safe anyway." Predator said.
Hawkfang42 wrote:"Little guy? You're calling me little, well I may be, but I'll have you know I have done two double-major master's degrees, and it only took two months each!" Nat exclaimed
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Hannabelle inclined her head slightly down towards the newcomer. "So you're a smart little one," the elderly Celican huntress queried lightly. "I meant who ARE you? I, for example,am Hannabelle Jess."
Buster wrote:in less than a second one of kobor's tentacles stretches out to it's full 4m and tries so smack nat upside the head. the appendage thin as a rope at that length.
Hawkfang42 wrote:The tentacle hit Nat, and he slowly breathed to calm himself down, but eventually he snapped at Kobor "Okay, listen up octopus, it is, at least in my world, considered rude to whack people, and my worst students knew better than to slap their coach. And if you really don't believe me," he pulls a card from inside what holds his crossbow and continues, "Here, birth certificate, because it's obvious you think of me as a kid, and my proof of diplomas." Turning over to Hannabelle, he responds, a lot calmer, with "I am Nathaniel Htetakar Jay, but please just call me Nat."
"Do I need to separate you two? Because I can easily send the both of you to individual passenger storage cells for the rest of the flight if I have to!" Predator warned. "By the way, we're exiting the atmosphere. We should be arriving at the Beacon in only a few minutes."

Deske wrote:"Hey did we ever ask Hive if he had a place to stay for us," One of the doctors thought to the rest.
"Nah, I was pretty sure we were just gonna crash with Denver."
"Can't do that, he's got a girl now too, remember?"
"I mean they're not official yet. They haven't even had their first date."
"Hey!"
"I mean it's true."
"Yeah... well... shut up. She's interested..."
"Guys. The house? Still kinda need one of those. Or an apartment or something. Anywhere but the street."
"I'm pretty sure you can just speak to a wall or to no one in particular and he'll probably show up. Dude's probably got surveillance absolutely leaking out of the airlocks."
"Riiight... Well, here goes then..." Romeo, being in the hospital still, decided that there wasn't really a better place to try and "talk to no one in particular." So he did, "Hey, Hive? The rest of us kind of need a place to stay, what with the other two having people they care about. The rest of us can all share a room, since I'm pretty sure it's just plain inefficient to have one place per person. Plus, we like to party when we're off shift so we'll mostly be staying at one place anyway." He paused at the end, trying to figure out what else to say, "Do I just end it like an email?"
"Absolutely, if you don't end it with 'Hugs and Kisses, Romeo' then you're just not playing the part right."
Romeo snorted and held a hand to muzzle to stifle a laugh, "Got it." He continued his conversation with "no one in particular", "Hugs and kisses, Romeo."
"Oh man, he actually did it," was the general thought that proceeded giggling and laughter from a crew of identical dogs spread out around the Beacon.
"You can just use conversational language, Romeo." Hivemind said, one of his droids coming up from behind. "And I thought about that. I'm setting up an apartment complex on Steelhaven Street as we speak."

Hawkfang42 wrote:How does he talk so much without seemingly breathing he thought, and responded with "Yes sir, I understand, but what do you do about the really bad ones? Do you use the Reformed?"
"We sometimes take reformed criminals on as associate Champions as part of their reparations to society. Others get placed in the Vault, though the prison known as the Vault is loosing popularity in favor of the one known as the Server. Both are effectively inescapable." He said, confidently.

"Moving on: Rule number 2 is that we do not pick and choose who to save unless circumstances require it. We save everyone we can. If the person you are fighting ends up in mortal peril, you must endeavor to save them unless doing so will directly put civilians at risk. Understood?"
Last edited by CyberDragon on Thu May 23, 2019 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hawk nodded, "Fair enough."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:"I think it's that girly talk I'm missing out on most, honestly." Recon said, sighing a bit. "I can talk to Gadgeteer about a lot of stuff, but there's plenty I can't really talk to them about. It's not like I can talk about guys with the guys or anything like that."
Traci nodded enthusiastically. "I get that! I'm happy to talk to you about anything you want, I can keep secrets too y'know~!" She said happily.
CyberDragon wrote:The town was just now coming into view as the Ibis started reducing it's altitude. Messalca would be able to see the Ibis over the treetops, flying over to it's LZ, where it landed softly in the middle of the park right next to the Sparrow that took Hivemind, Seena, and Sana to the town. The dropship doors opened. "Alright everyone. This is our stop. Time to pile out!"

MT landed in a vacant parking lot with a bang from metal on concrete.
"Woo! Solid ground!" Traci cheered before unbuckling herself out of her seat, getting up and walking out of the dropship.

-----
CyberDragon wrote: Gear turned to Rika. "I don't think I've properly thanked ya fer helpin' out my guests back at my resort."
"Mm? Oh, you don't need to thank me, I was just doing what I trained to do and enjoy doing. Seeing their thankful glances as I treated them is thanks enough for me.." Rika replied, sitting up. "..I've also done some courses on psychology so any problem you have, be it physical or mental, I can help." She added proudly.
CyberDragon wrote:"..By the way, we're exiting the atmosphere. We should be arriving at the Beacon in only a few minutes."
"Ah, thank you for the update Preadator." Rika replied.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Best way to impress people, Nathaniel - I may call you 'Nat' when I get to know you and I will never be able to pronounce Htetakar," she said, pronouncing it correctly, "is to let it come naturally." She watched as Gear spoke to Rika, not feeling like contributing to a conversation about an event that she was sorta partly involved in.
----------------
Jaken hopped through the portal a little theatrically, as he tended to do with his own portals. He made 'brrrrrummmm' sounds as he 'drove' June down the passage.
---------------
Keeva looked over some of the vehicles in the museum listings and seemed happy. "We should be able to get parts for the car here, Dan," she enthused. "We're rebuilding one a Space station Commander gave us," she told Hive.
--------------
"Sounds like a nightmare for the priests," Messalca commented drily. "Best we don't tell 'em. Not much chance of them meeting anyone they know around here, though. Although you probably should ask them?"
--------------
"I know I said you should wear it to surprise him when you get back," Sana called to the back of the shuttle, "but I didn't exactly mean you should change now! Or," she added, checking her wrist computer, "take so long doing it! Hive'll be here before you're dressed!"
"That's not true," Cherry Seena said, stepping back into the cockpit. She'd changed out of her old uniform into the items she'd just bought from the shop. A jet black half shirt that covered her shoulders and upper chest but left her midriff exposed and a pair of brown shorts with various pockets and pouches for storing small things in it. She still had on her normal shoes. "I'll buy new shoes tomorrow," she laughed. She made a pose. "What do you think?"
"If Hive thinks he knows everything," the Agent chuckled, "he may soon learn otherwise!"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu May 23, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

"I- I'll calm down, sorry." Nat said.

~~~~~~~~~

Brad slaps himself on the face, So you aren't familiar with them, why am I not surprised, I am talking about the parasitic creatures that feed on negative thoughts and feelings and turn them into good thoughts, if absolutely necessary, as in they will stay bad no matter what, we use the reformed. As for your second rule, I understand. he replies.
Rp characters
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I have been thinking about Diligitus lately because I have realized that he is the only aspect I have encountered that has any effect on me, and that raised a couple of questions for me.” Quint said as he stepped out of the ship. ”For example, am I immune to the other two aspects because I have not yet experienced the emotions they are composed of, or because I am incapable of experiencing them? I would not be surprised if it was the latter, because my creators did not design me with emotions, so my ability to feel any of them is practically a miracle, but then what does that say about me? Am I a better person because I lack the emotions that drive other to ruin, or does my lack of a full emotional spectrum mean that I’m somehow incomplete? And that is just the start of it. So many interesting dilemmas to ponder, it is rather interesting.”

”More like Mr E.”
Liz didn’t lower her gun, but she did take her finger off the trigger. ”Okay then. If you’re here to answer questions, I’ve got a few. What is Diligitus? How does he let the living contact the dead? How widespread is the knowledge of his ability to do such? Is there any relationship between him and Odium, the being Hivemind told us was behind the Dracolich? She paused, clearly having more questions, but wanting to get the answers to her current ones first.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"The knowledge that we don't know everything," Jenny said, following Quint and putting a hand on his shoulder as they stood by the door, "is one of the most important pieces of knowledge we ever get. Love," she continued, "is one of the most powerful emotions there is. It convinces us to do stupid things to protect those we adore, even if they're only friends. It could be you think you've only experienced Digitalis' effect because of that strength but I'll tell you this. I know a little about surpassing the expectations of those who created you, yeah? and you, Quint," she said, tapping him on the top of the muzzle, "are one of the best people I know and one of the best friends Kolt could have. Even if you won't tell him. "
------------
Corp stayed where he was, ready to intercept, even though he felt no incoming threat. He watched to see what the stranger did next as he waited for answers.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cailean opens his eys and glances around before tugging Sarah's paw.
"Come on, Sarah! Open yer eyes! We're here!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sarah opened her eyes and decided to blink. All of a sudden, she was surrounded by rolling moors and a lake or two or three that just... meandered out around them. She had a feeling this was Scotland but she'd assumed there'd be more Heather around. And she didn't even really know what Heather looked like. She accepted Cailean's paw and stood up. "Ah s'pose ah c'n see what ye see in th' place," she admitted, llooking around and down to the Picnic below. "Y' could've told me Hev'ns got a cat-flap," she chided gently, seeing Dabry.
------------------------
"Ah," Dabry said politely to the others, "I hear the gently mangled consonants of a Geordie!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Welcome tae Skye! Or, at least, th' Heaven version of it. Mind ye, there's nae much difference." Cailean wags, helping Sarah up before laughing at her comment on Dabry.
"Feel free tae bark if ye want. Ah dinnae think he'll mind tae much." he jokes.

~~~~~~~~
"Really? Ah dinnae hear anythin'." Conall tells Dabry via Aggie.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Quint gave a surprisingly warm smile at Jenny’s words. ”You are rather enjoyable to talk to. I think I will give you a little tip.” He said, tapping a few buttons on his gauntlet, causing his helmet to turn into nanites and retract into the rest of the suit. Once it was gone, he pointed to an area roughly in the middle of the underside of his jaw. ”Once Kolt wakes up in a minute, I would suggest gently rubbing this part of his body in a circular manner. The results should be quite entertaining.”

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny laughed. "I'll have to remember that," she said, readying to do exactly that in a moment or so.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I mean, only if it came to that. But when I turn 600, if I still haven't replaced any external body parts, I think I'd be doing pretty good at that time. Who knows, maybe it comes from my soul." Chris took in the view of the parking lot they had landed in, "Seems we're home and that brings me to the problem of I don't know what I'm going to do for the rest of the day..."

------

"He said we can just use conversational language..." Romeo said to the rest of them, spinning around to face the droid.
"Fantastic. Is this going to be two per room or is it per individual?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Hawk nodded, "Fair enough."
"Right then, if we're done, we haven't eaten anything all day." The Lycan said.

"Of course." Hivemind said, turning to Hawk. "Follow me, please. The next steps are to show you the training facilities."

---------------------------------
~\Rook/~ wrote:Traci nodded enthusiastically. "I get that! I'm happy to talk to you about anything you want, I can keep secrets too y'know~!" She said happily.

"Woo! Solid ground!" Traci cheered before unbuckling herself out of her seat, getting up and walking out of the dropship.
Recon happily hopped out of the Ibis after her and followed her to where Hivemind was. Archangel and Gadgeteer were next, followed by Legion.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Sounds like a nightmare for the priests," Messalca commented drily. "Best we don't tell 'em. Not much chance of them meeting anyone they know around here, though. Although you probably should ask them?"
"Thank you. I will. Why don't you go talk to the team while I have a little word with my communications experts." Hivemind said, walking off to the Sparrow dropship that was parked right next to where the Ibis was.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I know I said you should wear it to surprise him when you get back," Sana called to the back of the shuttle, "but I didn't exactly mean you should change now! Or," she added, checking her wrist computer, "take so long doing it! Hive'll be here before you're dressed!"
"That's not true," Cherry Seena said, stepping back into the cockpit. She'd changed out of her old uniform into the items she'd just bought from the shop. A jet black half shirt that covered her shoulders and upper chest but left her midriff exposed and a pair of brown shorts with various pockets and pouches for storing small things in it. She still had on her normal shoes. "I'll buy new shoes tomorrow," she laughed. She made a pose. "What do you think?"
"If Hive thinks he knows everything," the Agent chuckled, "he may soon learn otherwise!"
"Seena, Sana, the team's arrived and your work here is done. I believe your dates are waiting on the Beacon." Hivemind said after he stepped into the ship's cockpit. "The ship will return you to the Beacon itself. Oh, and, Sana? For future reference, if you are going to change, you should probably do it somewhere that isn't a highly monitored Hive machine that records everything that happens inside of it? I shut off the cameras when I realized what you were doing to preserve your privacy, but to avoid the situation in the future, keep in mind that Hive property is not private. Now please take a seat in the main body of the ship. I will be locking the Cockpit soon." Hivemind said before stepping back outside.
Legotron123 wrote:”I have been thinking about Diligitus lately because I have realized that he is the only aspect I have encountered that has any effect on me, and that raised a couple of questions for me.” Quint said as he stepped out of the ship. ”For example, am I immune to the other two aspects because I have not yet experienced the emotions they are composed of, or because I am incapable of experiencing them? I would not be surprised if it was the latter, because my creators did not design me with emotions, so my ability to feel any of them is practically a miracle, but then what does that say about me? Am I a better person because I lack the emotions that drive other to ruin, or does my lack of a full emotional spectrum mean that I’m somehow incomplete? And that is just the start of it. So many interesting dilemmas to ponder, it is rather interesting.”
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"The knowledge that we don't know everything," Jenny said, following Quint and putting a hand on his shoulder as they stood by the door, "is one of the most important pieces of knowledge we ever get. Love," she continued, "is one of the most powerful emotions there is. It convinces us to do stupid things to protect those we adore, even if they're only friends. It could be you think you've only experienced Digitalis' effect because of that strength but I'll tell you this. I know a little about surpassing the expectations of those who created you, yeah? and you, Quint," she said, tapping him on the top of the muzzle, "are one of the best people I know and one of the best friends Kolt could have. Even if you won't tell him. "
Deske wrote:"I mean, only if it came to that. But when I turn 600, if I still haven't replaced any external body parts, I think I'd be doing pretty good at that time. Who knows, maybe it comes from my soul." Chris took in the view of the parking lot they had landed in, "Seems we're home and that brings me to the problem of I don't know what I'm going to do for the rest of the day..."
"I think Hivemind is going to tell us." MT said, nodding to the android walking toward the group.

"Attention everyone! Welcome to Rakintha Provence. This is Sheriff Messalca. Her cousin is the owner of the motel you'll be spending the night at." Hivemind turned to her. "I am sorry to impose, but I don't suppose you would mind pointing my team in the right direction to the motel? I don't fully know where it is." He turned back to the group. "I will have food down here shortly, and I will bring it to the motel as soon as it arrives. You have the rest of the night off to enjoy the sites, meet the locals, or whatever you want so long as you don't wear out our welcome." Hivemind started walking away from the group. "Tatiana! Legion! I need to speak with you both before you leave. Nothing bad." he called out.

As soon as Hivemind stepped away, MT walked up to Messalca. "Greetings, Sheriff. I am MT-694. I trust Hivemind mentioned I have some... unconventional requirements for a place to stay? A garage will do if not."

Meanwhile, Recon simply followed Traci until she figured they were out of earshot of Archangel and Gadgeteer. Though she was less sure about Archangel... "So what do you think of Archangel and Gadgeteer?" she asked.

~\Rook/~ wrote:"Mm? Oh, you don't need to thank me, I was just doing what I trained to do and enjoy doing. Seeing their thankful glances as I treated them is thanks enough for me.." Rika replied, sitting up. "..I've also done some courses on psychology so any problem you have, be it physical or mental, I can help." She added proudly.
"I see... how are you with phobias?" Gear asked.
~\Rook/~ wrote:"Ah, thank you for the update Preadator." Rika replied.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Best way to impress people, Nathaniel - I may call you 'Nat' when I get to know you and I will never be able to pronounce Htetakar," she said, pronouncing it correctly, "is to let it come naturally." She watched as Gear spoke to Rika, not feeling like contributing to a conversation about an event that she was sorta partly involved in.
Hawkfang42 wrote:"I- I'll calm down, sorry." Nat said.
"I would appreciate that. And Kobor?" Predator said. "Tentacles on your side of the simulated environment. Squid-slap him again, and I'll disable your tentacles. Or take them over and play a game of "Stop hitting yourself." Your choice."

The Beacon was starting to become visible, in all of it's massive glory.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken hopped through the portal a little theatrically, as he tended to do with his own portals. He made 'brrrrrummmm' sounds as he 'drove' June down the passage.
Hivemind simply laughed at the two of them playing and led them into the Jamaican food restaurant where a waiter led the three to an open table. "Alright you two. Feel free to order whatever you want. June, I know you just ate, but... you are a shark after all. If you want to order something go ahead. I'm paying this time."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva looked over some of the vehicles in the museum listings and seemed happy. "We should be able to get parts for the car here, Dan," she enthused. "We're rebuilding one a Space station Commander gave us," she told Hive.
"That sounds like a fun project. Is your car still on the Steelhaven? If it is, I can bring it to your house." Hivemind suggested.

Hawkfang42 wrote:Brad slaps himself on the face, So you aren't familiar with them, why am I not surprised, I am talking about the parasitic creatures that feed on negative thoughts and feelings and turn them into good thoughts, if absolutely necessary, as in they will stay bad no matter what, we use the reformed. As for your second rule, I understand. he replies.
"Good." Hivemind said. "We can discuss these... creatures... later. The next policy of the Beacon is that if you abuse your power or begin to show a disregard for the previously mentioned rules, there are nanobots in the air that I can use to shut your powers down temporarily. Blatant disregard for the rules may result in being disciplined up to and including termination of employment or even a criminal arrest. Understood?"

Legotron123 wrote:”More like Mr E.”
Liz didn’t lower her gun, but she did take her finger off the trigger. ”Okay then. If you’re here to answer questions, I’ve got a few. What is Diligitus? How does he let the living contact the dead? How widespread is the knowledge of his ability to do such? Is there any relationship between him and Odium, the being Hivemind told us was behind the Dracolich? She paused, clearly having more questions, but wanting to get the answers to her current ones first.
"All good questions." the Hobomancer said, nodding. "For your first, Diligitis is known as the Aspect of Love, Compassion, Charity, and Altruism. He is the sentient mind belonging to the collective love of all living things in this universe and beyond. In short, he is love itself with a mind and near unlimited power."

"He can allow the living to contact the dead because, as cheesy as it sounds, love connects us even after our deaths. It exists in our memories of our loved ones. However, Diligitis can only connect you to the dead if both you and the deceased are in Diligitis's area of influence, so to speak. You must allow love to fill you, and then directly ask Diligitis himself if you may visit someone in Heaven. He may allow it, or he may decline. If he declines, there is usually a reason. Knowledge of how to do this is quite rare, which is surprising as it isn't difficult. People just don't think to talk to their emotions I suppose!"
The old man said, grinning. "Imagine that. Heh."

"There is a connection between Diligitis and Odium." He said, his face growing more serious. "Odium is Diligitis's shadow. It's his perversion. The other side of the coin. Diligitis is Love, Odium is hate. If Diligitis is the desire to protect what is close to you, Odium is what drives you to destroy whatever threatens it. Diligitis drives us to help others for their gain, not for ours. Odium seeks to cause suffering to others because they "deserve it." Diligitis speaks the truth, and seeks to build bonds. Odium lies to you, telling you someone is less than nothing and deserves your wrath. So yes, there is a connection. The connection is they are two opposite sides of a spectrum." Hobomancer answered before waiting for more questions that he knew were coming.

Deske wrote:"He said we can just use conversational language..." Romeo said to the rest of them, spinning around to face the droid.
"Fantastic. Is this going to be two per room or is it per individual?"
"There will be enough for each of you to have your own room, though if you wish to room together I have no objections. I will leave the living arrangements up to you." Hivemind said. "Do you have any other questions?"
-Champion Motto