HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:Leon, as soon as they entered the store, first reaction was to immediately look for the used DVDs and, after much looking, he finds them and begins to search for any that catches his eyes and, while most of them didn't appeal to him, he was happy to find copies of Heavy Metal, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, and Animusic, the later of which he's been searching for what feels like ages for a good copy. He also went ahead a grabbed an art book that contained the works of one Boris Vallejo as he was a fan of his art. With the DVDs in hand, he makes his way to where Rua and Phoebe were, which is when he saw Phoebe on the floor, holding a book in her hands with tears in her eyes. "I take it this is your favorite book?" Leon asks as he walks over to her.
Phoebe said nothing. She just smiled, tears running down her face. She looked at Leon, and nodded.
Leon just smiled then looked over to Rua and said simply "I already bought her the bed. I think she would enjoy it if you bought the book for her."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda looked up and down the intersection, letting out a sigh. "Well, I can't blame you. Whatever it was, it went by so fast I doubt it left much of a scent anyway." She glanced up and down again, her grip on Sandy's paw tightened as she groaned in frustration. "On the one hand, I get this is supposed to be something of an adventure, but would it have killed the thing to have gone a tad slower?"

Alex chuckled at Amanda's plight. "I don't know, I always enjoyed a good mystery." She grinned and turned back towards Kaylee, Socks and Holly, "You three got any leads back there? We're a bit lost up here."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah," Kaylee said, turning more directly towards town, "I think it went this way. It, er, disturbed the winds as it passed," she finished, thanking goodness that she'd avoided saying it had 'broken wind'. She wasn't sure quite how she was doing this but she WAS sure that saying that would have left her with zero credibility.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:Phoebe said nothing. She just smiled, tears running down her face. She looked at Leon, and nodded.
SeanWolf wrote:Leon just smiled then looked over to Rua and said simply "I already bought her the bed. I think she would enjoy it if you bought the book for her."
Rua's eyes met leon's, but she doesn't say anything yet, waiting for phoebe to finish.
CyberDragon wrote:Phoebe sniffled and smiled up at Rua. "*Snff* Yes, Miss Rua... I'm okay. It's just..." She held the simple children's book in her hands like a precious treasure. "This... This is the book mommy gave us... my real mommy... when we got put up for adoption. 's not the same exactly... It can't be... My owners, they burned it. But... I remember them. Mommy, my brothers, my sisters... I remember them." She sniffed again and wiped her eyes. "May I have this book, Miss Rua? I don' wanna forget them again."
Mood lifting a bit now that she was sure phoebe was okay, Rua's smile is back. "Of course we can get it." checking the UPC sticker on the back cover before retrieving a trio pristine uncrumpled of 5s from her pocket and passing them to Phoebe, deciding she'll let her decide what to do with the leftover $3. "Here, lets head over to the counter."

- - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah," Jake said optimistically, "I'd love to assume they've got better since then, eh? I mean, look at that film we just saw. Still," he added, "probably better it's secret as long as can be, eh?" He kept linked with Bonnie and walked towards the town centre.

"Dad couldn't even stand that I was deaf and replaced me with an Irish Setter the first chance he got cause he assumed 'his dirt-stupid dog' ran away. And deaf is relatively common. People don't like different." Bonnie grumbled back, killing the mood as they headed in towards town.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:
CyberDragon wrote:Phoebe said nothing. She just smiled, tears running down her face. She looked at Leon, and nodded.
SeanWolf wrote:Leon just smiled then looked over to Rua and said simply "I already bought her the bed. I think she would enjoy it if you bought the book for her."
Rua's eyes met leon's, but she doesn't say anything yet, waiting for phoebe to finish.
CyberDragon wrote:Phoebe sniffled and smiled up at Rua. "*Snff* Yes, Miss Rua... I'm okay. It's just..." She held the simple children's book in her hands like a precious treasure. "This... This is the book mommy gave us... my real mommy... when we got put up for adoption. 's not the same exactly... It can't be... My owners, they burned it. But... I remember them. Mommy, my brothers, my sisters... I remember them." She sniffed again and wiped her eyes. "May I have this book, Miss Rua? I don' wanna forget them again."
Mood lifting a bit now that she was sure phoebe was okay, Rua's smile is back. "Of course we can get it." checking the UPC sticker on the back cover before retrieving a trio pristine uncrumpled of 5s from her pocket and passing them to Phoebe, deciding she'll let her decide what to do with the leftover $3. "Here, lets head over to the counter."
As they arrived at the counter, Leon looked at Phoebe and said "I think this is the first time I really seen you happy like this!" while motioning to Rua that they can go and pay for their stuff first.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:Mood lifting a bit now that she was sure phoebe was okay, Rua's smile is back. "Of course we can get it." checking the UPC sticker on the back cover before retrieving a trio pristine uncrumpled of 5s from her pocket and passing them to Phoebe, deciding she'll let her decide what to do with the leftover $3. "Here, lets head over to the counter."
Phoebe looked up at Rua with an expression of hopeful surprise. "You... *snf* you mean it?" A steady trickle of tears flowed from each of her eyes. Then she saw the money and knew Rua really did mean it. Not that she doubted her caretaker, but this was one of those things that seemed too good to be true. The book, after all, was a reminder of the scarce few good moments of her life, and gave her hope she would see her family again. It was not just a copy of The Cat in the Hat. It was so much more. Phoebe jumped up and hugged Rua around the neck, almost accidentally hitting her in the face with the book in the process. "T-Thank you, Miss Rua! You're the best!" she sobbed.
SeanWolf wrote:As they arrived at the counter, Leon looked at Phoebe and said "I think this is the first time I really seen you happy like this!" while motioning to Rua that they can go and pay for their stuff first.
Phoebe looked up at Leon and smiled, though she didn't really think to say or understand that this was in fact the first time she had ever been this happy. She walked up to the man at the register. She was very small, and couldn't reach the top of the counter. She had to hop up and drop the book and money onto the counter. Then she jumped up and grabbed the ledge. She dangled over the floor almost comically. Phoebe pulled herself up until she could see the cashier over the ledge. "Oof... unf... hello, mister!" She said. "I wanna buy this book please!"

The cashier took the book and rang it up. When he reached for the money, however, he noticed that the rabbit in front of him looked feral. She had no collar, no clothes, nothing identifying her as a pet or civilized animal. He looked up at the lioness and wolf accompanying her with a slight questioning look on his face, then back at Phoebe with the same look. Apparently, he decided it wasn't worth worrying about, so he smiled and accepted the money. He dealt out the change and handed the book back with the extra three dollars. "That's a good choice of book! Even today I still sometimes read Dr. Seuss's works." he said.

Phoebe dropped down onto the floor, book and change in hand. She walked up to Rua and offered her the three dollars. "Here you go, Miss Rua! There was some left over!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

A slight but muffled chuckle came out of Leon as he watched Phoebe get on the counter as just seeing her feet dangle there was pretty funny to him. As soon as Phoebe was done, he then walked up and placed the items he was buying on the counter and waited as the cashier rang them up and Leon gave him the amount owed. Taking the bag, he walks back over to Rua and Phoebe and tells them "I hope you don't mind me saying...other then the earlier event, this was actually one of the better days I had in a while ever since I moved here."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's a good job for me that you do," Jake replied, leaning slightly on Bonnie for a few minutes. "Well, let's hope we never have to show them, eh? Even if it does proved them totally, absolutely, wrong," he added, giving her handpaw the most careful of squeezes.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

seeing as rua hadn't considered the counter height in relation to phoebe, it's hard not to laugh at the sight of her attempt to scale it, but she manages.

she is a bit surprised phoebe didn't try to spend any of the extra money, but Rua collects it back, and smiles as she pats phoebe on the head. "so where to next?" she asks as she goes to pay for her own selections.

rua is the last of the three up to the counter and is doing her best not to let the others, particularly phoebe, notice the copy of "Rabbits for dummies: Your hands-on guide to being a responsible rabbit owner." in with her purchases. wanting to at least try to maintain the facade that she knows what she's doing here.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"If I might make a suggestion?" the cashier said. "perhaps you can get her a collar or some clothing? It makes it clear she's a domestic rabbit which could save some trouble down the line." he suggested.

Phoebe smiled and looked up at Rua. "Can we?" she asked, referring to the cashier's suggestion.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:She grinned and turned back towards Kaylee, Socks and Holly, "You three got any leads back there? We're a bit lost up here."
"No, Socks wouldn't wear one." Holly deadpans, causing Sandy to facepaw and Socks to roll his eyes.
"Oh, great. We got a comedian here."
"Oh, yeah. Holly'th always rat-tling off joketh!" Sandy quips.
"That's it," Socks groans, "I'm going back to the pound!"
"Heh. Tho, which way, Kaylee?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Uh, oh," Kaylee said, slowing up for a moment - before groaning at Hollys' pun. "Whatever broke the... cut the... whatever we're following?" She pointed towards the shopping mall. "It went thataway."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Rua's about to voice a question of what deity decided she keep running into people who equate a boring day with a good one, but never finished the first word before being interrupted.
CyberDragon wrote:"If I might make a suggestion?" the cashier said. "perhaps you can get her a collar or some clothing? It makes it clear she's a domestic rabbit which could save some trouble down the line." he suggested.

Phoebe smiled and looked up at Rua. "Can we?" she asked, referring to the cashier's suggestion.
"Sounds like a plan." Rua states with a nod. clothing not having occurred to her given this was a reasonably warm area and all of them had fur. heck, her own shirt was just there to pad her against paint-ball hits. scooping up her 'daughter' book and all, and heading back out into the mall, looking for the right kind of store. "Got a favorite color kiddo?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda nodded at Kaylee's tumbled summation of where the object went, but didn't quite get what Alex was snickering at. She shrugged it off and looked to where Kaylee was pointing. "Well, looks like we will be able to get some shopping in anyway." She turned to Sandy, a slight look of resignation on her face, believing a sudden speed up to be in her immediate future. "Can you at least try not to rip my arm off please, Sandy?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Purple!" Phoebe cheered enthusiastically, her arms waving excitedly in the air as she road on Rua's shoulders. "Oh! And can we get some crayons or something after?"
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:"Purple!" Phoebe cheered enthusiastically, her arms waving excitedly in the air as she road on Rua's shoulders. "Oh! And can we get some crayons or something after?"
"Someone's having a sugar rush!" Leon joked as he watched the little bunny get all wild and crazy.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Purple huh? And you're not just saying that because of the jersey i'm wearing?" she mock accuses, jokingly. Admittedly indigo wasn't quite purple, more of a purple-blue, but phoebe's choice was still weirdly close. still she kept on the lookout for stores with clothes or accessories in the right colors though.

Riiight... Rua thought to herself, rolling her eyes a sugar rush three hours after we ate, suuuure.

"kits are always like that."
she commented quietly when phoebe seemed distracted a moment.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Nope!" Phoebe said enthusiastically. "I just like purple!"
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Well, purple is a nice color," Hawk adds, "And is it me or did Rua here actually smile?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All right, I'll try!" Sandy promises before releasing Alex and Amanda's paws and quite suddenly scooping the icy cat into his arms and running on the spot.
"Ith it better if I run like thith?" he grins.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It's a good job for me that you do," Jake replied, leaning slightly on Bonnie for a few minutes. "Well, let's hope we never have to show them, eh? Even if it does proved them totally, absolutely, wrong," he added, giving her handpaw the most careful of squeezes.
"yeah..." she comments, staying silent a moment as they walk, things starting to become more familiar.

"so, i'm assuming once we hit town we'll be headed to... uh..." she trails off spotting the movie theater up ahead and realizing they've gone in a giant circle. "Huh. Which way is it from here?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex tried her best to stifle the amusement she felt at her cousins plight, as Amanda was scooped into Sandy's arms. Said feline tensed from the sudden physical contact, frost swirling off her. She took a deep breath to relax herself and said, if a bit more quiet, "Yes, Sandy. T-this is probably better."She chose to push down the varied emotions she felt from suddenly, if pleasantly, being held. She didn't want to make it awkward, and hoped pushing her emotions down would stop herself from freezing Sandy's arms off. Hopefully.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The eyes on the skull pattern on Phoebe's back glowed and the Nightmare started whispering once more. Phoebe perked her ears up a bit. "Miss Rua? Ghostie says more people like us are on their way again."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Rua chuckled at phoebe's declaration. before heading further into the mall having spent the time looking for a store that would cater to someone phoebe's size, the best she'd been able to locate was a baby store, and a store that had collars pet clothes for small dogs.

when she went to ask the other's opinion though, the message relayed from ghostie stopped her a moment.
"hmmm... keep an eye out, but probably best not to rush forward this time."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Leon nodded and added "Don't worry, Rua...I'm not going to be like earlier, OK?" before turning to Phoebe and asking, "Say, you'd think I look good in a collar?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Jake ventured, thinking and then brightening up, "there IS a place I could show you!" He smiled, gently pulling Bonnie with him. "Down by the mall. A secret place that only a few know about. Well," he corrected, "me and people I don't know about and haven't seen. A rooftop garden I found. Never seen anyone up there but the view is quite something, even from only thirty foot up! Well, twenty-five."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:Rua chuckled at phoebe's declaration. before heading further into the mall having spent the time looking for a store that would cater to someone phoebe's size, the best she'd been able to locate was a baby store, and a store that had collars pet clothes for small dogs.

when she went to ask the other's opinion though, the message relayed from ghostie stopped her a moment.
"hmmm... keep an eye out, but probably best not to rush forward this time."
"Ok, Miss Rua. I'll ask Ghostie to point them out if they show up... um, without grabbing or chasing them." Phoebe said.
SeanWolf wrote:Leon nodded and added "Don't worry, Rua...I'm not going to be like earlier, OK?" before turning to Phoebe and asking, "Say, you'd think I look good in a collar?"
"I dunno!" Phoebe said simply. "Maybe you can try one when we find a store!"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well, there area few stores up ahead, but i'm not that familiar with either, suggestions?" Rua asks, pointing out the two stores she had noticed earlier.

- - - - - -

the thing with jake's 'gently pull' is it's about on par with everyone else's 'drag you so fast you're trying not to trip yourself as you attempt to keep up'. mot really able to get a word in while he's explaining she waits untill the last pause and adds in, "let me guess, just a short hop for you?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Hmm..." Phoebe hummed, looking at the two stores. She first looked at the baby store, but pretty quickly figured that wasn't of interest to her. She might be young, only being a kid, but she wasn't a baby. All of that stuff was onesies and cutesy stuff for little humans with littler arms and legs that weren't developed enough to support them. She looked over at the small pet store, and right away saw some things she liked. Shirts her size, collars, and stuff like that. "That one!" She said, pointing to the small dog store.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, something like that," Jake admitted, stopping in an alley next to a fire escape, "but I do try and land on the fire escape. In case there's anyone up there and so I don't land in the Rose bush. May I pick you up, Bonnie," he asked.
--------------
And Kaylee led the squad into the other end of the Mall. "And me with only a few dollars," she griped theatrically. "Window shopping and flying item hunting ahoy."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Unfortunately for Sandy, cold directly counteracts his power so he soon has to put Amanda down. Trying to be sneaky, he rubs his paws up and down his arms to warm up again, hiding a small flame under each palm-pad. The dog hesitates briefly before entering the mall, forgetting at first that he's no longer a stray so he's allowed to be here.

After making sure no one is watching, Holly appears to wink out of existence as the pets enter the mall.
"Still here, sis." she says from Kaylee's shoulder, giving a small tug on the cat's whiskers.
"Humans don't like my kind in places like this though. Imma stay hidden until we leave, or as long as I have the energy anyway."

Socks suddenly stops and looks around, thoroughly confused.
"Someone's worried... About us... But how can that be?" he asks, mostly to himself. He takes a step forward, intending to catch up with the group, but quite suddenly pitches forward and has to grab a nearby bench for support.
"Oof. Terror. And... Wrath. Something is really wrong here!" he mutters, breathing heavily as he lowers himself onto the bench.
"Guys!" he calls sharply before they get too far ahead, feeling his head begin to throb as he wrestles with the intense, unbridled emotions rushing through him.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Nodding bonnie puts a hand on his shoulder and climbs into jake's waiting arms, bracing for what comes next.

- - - - -

"Alright. Lets see what they've got." Rua agrees with a nod heading into the store before letting Phoebe down off her shoulders. not noticing at first that she's left a black smudge on said rabbit's fur, and that some of the lavender color on the back of her head is showing now.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Well I know for a fact none of these will fit me!" Leon joked as he entered the store with Phoebe and Rua, ignoring a returning feeling, "You think you'll find a cute collar in her, Phoebe?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

With his guest in his arms, Jake prepared to jump to the top of the fire escape so far above them. He took the chance to breathe in Bonnie's scent and luxuriate in that chance for a second or two before crouching down and hopping up the distance, landing almost exactly where planned for the final ascent.

The roof garden was as he'd remembered it. A Rose hedge tucked around the outer edges with a small gap by the fire escape for a concrete slab path that wended its way through small flowerbeds and decorative miniature trees to a central circle with a bench underneath a small pagoda. Another path wound its way to the front of the large property to act as a viewing platform over the street outside. "See what I mean," Jake said, gently putting the lovely Lady down. "Oh, and I would have stolen a kiss but, y'know, gentleman and all that?"
--------------
"Have I told you you're smart today, Hol,"Kaylee asked, before halting as she heard Socks. She hurried back to him and knelt down, putting her Handpaws around his. "What's up, Socks," she asked anxiously. "What're you getting?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Alright. Lets see what they've got." Rua agrees with a nod heading into the store before letting Phoebe down off her shoulders. not noticing at first that she's left a black smudge on said rabbit's fur, and that some of the lavender color on the back of her head is showing now.
Phoebe ran into the store, laughing as excited children do. She started looking around at the collars on the shelves in the store until she found one she liked. It was a fairly simple plain purple collar with a couple of small pockets on the inside. She grabbed it and started running back to Rua.
SeanWolf wrote:"Well I know for a fact none of these will fit me!" Leon joked as he entered the store with Phoebe and Rua, ignoring a returning feeling, "You think you'll find a cute collar in her, Phoebe?"
Phoebe simply nodded, smiling. "Uh, huh! I found this!" she said, happily waving the collar around. "Can I get this one?" she asked Rua.
Hlaoroo wrote:Socks suddenly stops and looks around, thoroughly confused.
"Someone's worried... About us... But how can that be?" he asks, mostly to himself. He takes a step forward, intending to catch up with the group, but quite suddenly pitches forward and has to grab a nearby bench for support.
"Oof. Terror. And... Wrath. Something is really wrong here!" he mutters, breathing heavily as he lowers himself onto the bench.
"Guys!" he calls sharply before they get too far ahead, feeling his head begin to throb as he wrestles with the intense, unbridled emotions rushing through him.
Phoebe's ears perked up. Nightmare started whispering again. "Um... Miss Rua? Did you hear something?"
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:Phoebe's ears perked up. Nightmare started whispering again. "Um... Miss Rua? Did you hear something?"
"Actually, I heard it too..." Leon said, his ears also perked up, as he looked to Phoebe, "I don't know much about your friend, but do they know if they're violent or not?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:With his guest in his arms, Jake prepared to jump to the top of the fire escape so far above them. He took the chance to breathe in Bonnie's scent and luxuriate in that chance for a second or two before crouching down and hopping up the distance, landing almost exactly where planned for the final ascent.
bonnie tenses, a bit surprised by the force behind the takeoff. oh, also she uses lavender scented shampoo apparently.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:The roof garden was as he'd remembered it. A Rose hedge tucked around the outer edges with a small gap by the fire escape for a concrete slab path that wended its way through small flowerbeds and decorative miniature trees to a central circle with a bench underneath a small pagoda. Another path wound its way to the front of the large property to act as a viewing platform over the street outside.
"Oh wow... my hiding laces have nothing on this..." Bonnie commented in an awed whisper, looking around and taking in the sight around her from her perch.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"See what I mean," Jake said, gently putting the lovely Lady down. "Oh, and I would have stolen a kiss but, y'know, gentleman and all that?"
"Then I guess I'll have to." Bonnie answered, leaning in and stealing one of her own.

- - - - - - -

It's closer to house Tyras than house Arcanas colors, but I suppose I can't expect her to know my family's heraldry... Even with the hint earlier... oh well. Rua thought to herself, wondering how much her cousin would be laughing at her, for her ward picking his color, were he here. all the wile trying not to look like she was disappointed in or laughing at phoebe's choice. focusing instead on the workmanship of the item.

"Nice choice, Practical." Rua commented, approvingly. a nod and a pleasant smile in play. Gently taking the item being held out and starting towards the cash, about to answer when she noticed the change of mood with the others. stopping and going silent as the other two spoke, before chiming in herself.

"you two have the better hearing, but I can feel them." she comments, more curious than anything. in the months since she had moved here, she had seen so few with even potential that she thought this place devoid of casters, now she had the freeloader, her ward, leon, and what felt like... four (she can't pick up socks or holly) experienced casters, maybe? "Just barely though..."

what was going on?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda shifted away from Sandy a bit as he rubbed his arms from her cold. "Sorry..." She muttered, feeling a little bad.

Alex shrugged and stretched as they entered the mall, only to turn back to Socks as he called out. She turned back and hovered behind Kaylee. "Yeah, what feelings brought ya down? Anything we gotta worry about?" She asked, calmly as Amanda stood nearby, fidgeting.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It'th okay, Amanda. It'th juth that our powerth are oppothiteth, that'th all. I feel the cold more than thome. And I bet you overheat eathily, right? Tho no big deal." Sandy shrugs nonchalantly.

"They know we're here and they're worried." Socks answers.
"I mean, not us, but us. You know what I mean. Magic users. They know magic users are here and they're worried. And there's anger. So much anger! And... And... just this... Wall. Of terror... That way... Over there." The cat's ears are pinned back and he's wobbling alarmingly, clearly overwhelmed by the intensity of the emotions.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:"Actually, I heard it too..." Leon said, his ears also perked up, as he looked to Phoebe, "I don't know much about your friend, but do they know if they're violent or not?"
"Ghostie thinks everyone's gonna try an' hurt me. Even if they won't..." she said, shaking there head. "I think he only knows if their strong or something."
Buster wrote:It's closer to house Tyras than house Arcanas colors, but I suppose I can't expect her to know my family's heraldry... Even with the hint earlier... oh well. Rua thought to herself, wondering how much her cousin would be laughing at her, for her ward picking his color, were he here. all the wile trying not to look like she was disappointed in or laughing at phoebe's choice. focusing instead on the workmanship of the item.

"Nice choice, Practical." Rua commented, approvingly. a nod and a pleasant smile in play. Gently taking the item being held out and starting towards the cash, about to answer when she noticed the change of mood with the others. stopping and going silent as the other two spoke, before chiming in herself.

"you two have the better hearing, but I can feel them." she comments, more curious than anything. in the months since she had moved here, she had seen so few with even potential that she thought this place devoid of casters, now she had the freeloader, her ward, leon, and what felt like... four (she can't pick up socks or holly) experienced casters, maybe? "Just barely though..."

what was going on?
Phoebe picked up on a very small amount of disappointment in Rua's mannerisms when she showed the collar. She felt a little bit sad, not understanding why, but knew Rua was trying to be nice about it. Now though, there was something a little more pressing than the collar. "They sounded... hurt? Like... or scared? Can we help them?"
-Champion Motto