2019/06/10 - Steakout

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Champion Wallace

Re: 2019/06/10 - Steakout

Post by Champion Wallace »

dr_eirik wrote:
fenrirblack wrote: Unfortunately if it was going to connect directly to the pets then we wouldn’t be taking this tangent through the woods. The K9s would have handled it. Whether Steward is behind it is not nearly as important as the fact that he can use Marion for his plot (whatever it is). The Fox cubs won’t care so if Kitsune would become personally involved he would have to be there in person. If Pete and/or Dragon do care it probably won’t be to help him. Zach despite his connections (which are limited) won’t be too much help because like a King he’d rather avoid anything to do with magic or the cult. Plus there is still the possibility he’s back with Jerry, although we never got real confirmation.

Long term he’ll end up with the pets but for the time being we’re going directly to Steward to get his role established therefore establishing the main conflict of Marion’s story arc. How Marion escapes Steward and the feral cult is the question that has to play out.

For humor’s sake and to establish a bond between the three, we may see a mission impossible raid of Mrs. McGillicuddy’s kitchen but I don’t see that happening even if Falstaff and Truck bribe Marion with the prospect of a warm place to sleep that night.
Thinking back, I'm not sure how much Zach wouldn't want to get involved and how much he wouldn't know to get involved. Despite being in close orbit with a number of individuals that know of the game (Steward, Karishad, Max, even Kitsune and the cubs) I don't think he knows anything about it himself. So even if Marion was able to convince him that his story is true, I guess I don't see how he would take it directly to someone....

EDIT: I'm not sure why I keep thinking that Max and Zach have a connection other than just knowing each other. I think I was thinking they lived together, but that's not right. Am I half remembering some connection, or just making it up in my head?
Zach was part of the first Temple Crashers crew. He might not explicitly know it's a game, but he does know there are magical goings on in Babylon Gardens. He even met Pete personally, that's got to count for something.

Zach may not have any familial connections to Max, but they were on opposing team in Scaredy Cats and were on the same side for The Great Water Balloon War.
Cesco wrote:Ahah, use binoculars made of toilet paper tubes isn't any helpful. :lol: Just use your naked eyes, which look to be already good. :P
They might be used to function like blinders on a horse, but that would be quite the stretch and shouldn't help in this case anyway. The raccoons are probably operating under cargo cult logic. They know binoculars help you see farther and are shaped like that, but they don't understand what actually makes them work enough to successfully replicate them.
dr_eirik wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:I just had an unsettling realization. Truck and Falstaff know who actually lives in that house and who Mrs. McGillicuddy is. It's not even "that lady." I even I don't know who my neighbors are. That means not only that they have done this before but have actively stalked this poor woman. This is creepy when you think about it. Imagine being watched by some weirdos while you bake.
There could be an innocent explanation, like McGillicuddy is a kindly older woman who has given the raccoons food before, so they know each other.

Though more likely is that they've stolen her trash and got it off her mail.
Now I'm imagining an old lady trying to give Truck and Falstaff spinach and the raccoons are too polite to turn down free food despite being disgusted by it.
D-Rock wrote:Falstaff and Truck can read to an extent. Not perfect, but it's there. The map Falstaff made when they initially tried to steal from Max's crawfish boil was legible, if riddled with misspellings due to being written phonetically.
There's also the hitchhiking sign Falstaff made after being dropped off for relocation.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Champion Wallace wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:
fenrirblack wrote: Unfortunately if it was going to connect directly to the pets then we wouldn’t be taking this tangent through the woods. The K9s would have handled it. Whether Steward is behind it is not nearly as important as the fact that he can use Marion for his plot (whatever it is). The Fox cubs won’t care so if Kitsune would become personally involved he would have to be there in person. If Pete and/or Dragon do care it probably won’t be to help him. Zach despite his connections (which are limited) won’t be too much help because like a King he’d rather avoid anything to do with magic or the cult. Plus there is still the possibility he’s back with Jerry, although we never got real confirmation.

Long term he’ll end up with the pets but for the time being we’re going directly to Steward to get his role established therefore establishing the main conflict of Marion’s story arc. How Marion escapes Steward and the feral cult is the question that has to play out.

For humor’s sake and to establish a bond between the three, we may see a mission impossible raid of Mrs. McGillicuddy’s kitchen but I don’t see that happening even if Falstaff and Truck bribe Marion with the prospect of a warm place to sleep that night.
Thinking back, I'm not sure how much Zach wouldn't want to get involved and how much he wouldn't know to get involved. Despite being in close orbit with a number of individuals that know of the game (Steward, Karishad, Max, even Kitsune and the cubs) I don't think he knows anything about it himself. So even if Marion was able to convince him that his story is true, I guess I don't see how he would take it directly to someone....

EDIT: I'm not sure why I keep thinking that Max and Zach have a connection other than just knowing each other. I think I was thinking they lived together, but that's not right. Am I half remembering some connection, or just making it up in my head?
Zach was part of the first Temple Crashers crew. He might not explicitly know it's a game, but he does know there are magical goings on in Babylon Gardens. He even met Pete personally, that's got to count for something.

Zach may not have any familial connections to Max, but they were on opposing team in Scaredy Cats and were on the same side for The Great Water Balloon War.
Cesco wrote:Ahah, use binoculars made of toilet paper tubes isn't any helpful. :lol: Just use your naked eyes, which look to be already good. :P
They might be used to function like blinders on a horse, but that would be quite the stretch and shouldn't help in this case anyway. The raccoons are probably operating under cargo cult logic. They know binoculars help you see farther and are shaped like that, but they don't understand what actually makes them work enough to successfully replicate them.
dr_eirik wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:I just had an unsettling realization. Truck and Falstaff know who actually lives in that house and who Mrs. McGillicuddy is. It's not even "that lady." I even I don't know who my neighbors are. That means not only that they have done this before but have actively stalked this poor woman. This is creepy when you think about it. Imagine being watched by some weirdos while you bake.
There could be an innocent explanation, like McGillicuddy is a kindly older woman who has given the raccoons food before, so they know each other.

Though more likely is that they've stolen her trash and got it off her mail.
Now I'm imagining an old lady trying to give Truck and Falstaff spinach and the raccoons are too polite to turn down free food despite being disgusted by it.
D-Rock wrote:Falstaff and Truck can read to an extent. Not perfect, but it's there. The map Falstaff made when they initially tried to steal from Max's crawfish boil was legible, if riddled with misspellings due to being written phonetically.
There's also the hitchhiking sign Falstaff made after being dropped off for relocation.
Huh, looked in the background of that linked comic. Wonder if Falstaff will know to warn Marion about the flying predators.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Gameb18oy wrote: Huh, looked in the background of that linked comic. Wonder if Falstaff will know to warn Marion about the flying predators.
I would think that they will assume that Marion knows already. I suspect that neither Truck or Falstaff are on the ball enough to believe the little rodent was once a human even if told directly. They'll probably just think the squirrel is nuts...

I'm so sorry, I'll show myself out.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

So, Falstaff and Truck: Abbot and Costello or Laurel and Hardy?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

dr_eirik wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote: Huh, looked in the background of that linked comic. Wonder if Falstaff will know to warn Marion about the flying predators.
I would think that they will assume that Marion knows already. I suspect that neither Truck or Falstaff are on the ball enough to believe the little rodent was once a human even if told directly. They'll probably just think the squirrel is nuts...

I'm so sorry, I'll show myself out.
They deal with the opener of way junk, at this point, most of the wild animals will believe anything is possible... actually, thinking about that, have the two ever shown evidence they fall into that stuff? Either way, I guess the broom was foreshadowing, as it was first used against the raccoons many years ago. Let’s now all just pray that these two raccoon’s stomachs keep them from taking the squirrel closer to a certain badger
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Though that might be his one chance to try to get help.