HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Wow. That was really dark now. I know this fanfic is dark but that is REALLY dark. But i guess that is the end of Sasha.
Yeah it was pretty dark, wasn't it? Trust me, I had to go through major re-edits of certain scenes as it would've went WAY darker then intended. But as for Sasha, yes it is the end.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

This was amazing. Dramatic and dark, yes but there was humor and sweetness throughout too. I love that Grape and Max named their kitten Grapenut. The epilogue with Sasha was quite exciting, I like that Kevin is given a substantial role in it. Kevin’s final words to Sasha reminded me of James Bond’s final words to Elektra King in The World Is Not Enough.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Too bad about Sasha. Anyone who can come up with an insult like "You dirty but clever mutt" is a mind that will be missed.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:This was amazing. Dramatic and dark, yes but there was humor and sweetness throughout too. I love that Grape and Max named their kitten Grapenut. The epilogue with Sasha was quite exciting, I like that Kevin is given a substantial role in it. Kevin’s final words to Sasha reminded me of James Bond’s final words to Elektra King in The World Is Not Enough.
NHWestoN wrote:Too bad about Sasha. Anyone who can come up with an insult like "You dirty but clever mutt" is a mind that will be missed.
Thanks guys! I'll be honest here: Making a one-liner was actually the hardest part of this chapter...no joke, I hate making one-liners as half of the really good ones I want to use, I can't due to language :lol:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Revengencedetta
Chapter 8: Life Goes On

"...once again, we are confirming reports that Sasha Hartford, the canine that threatened multiple lives and took countless more, has been killed by K9 Officers inside what was once the home of the Hartfords..." Fox, still bedridden and in the hospital but feeling a bit better, watched the news as the report of Sasha's death was the top story of the day. He wished he could've been there as maybe he could've talked her down, but he knew that wouldn't work and would've probably ended up with him even worst off or, worst case scenario, deader then the dinosaurs.
"Anyone home?" a voice came from the hallway, getting his attention as he replies "Who is it?" only to be greeted by the friendly smile of one K9 Kevin.
"Kevin!" Fox exclaimed, "Just saw you on the news! Should've wore a better outfit you know. That outfit was doing nothing for your looks."
"Hey now," Kevin joked, "At least I looked decent compared to you, all dressed in nothing but a hospital gown leaving nothing to the imagination." A response that got both him and Fox to laugh their best laugh in a long while.
"So," Fox said, mood lowering, "It's done, huh? Sasha's dead." Kevin nodded to which Fox sighed, "Wished we could've gotten through to her, you know? You and me were close to her so you'd think she'd listen to at least us."
"Well, she didn't want to, sadly," Kevin replied as he leaned up against the wall, "And it is sad...but you want to know something kind of weird?"
"What?" Fox asked.
"When Sasha died, I felt something lift off from me, something that was weighing me down to no end...when she died, I felt better then ever before!" he explained and Fox, after a few seconds of thinking, told him "Maybe there was still a bit of Sasha left that didn't want to let you go and I guess you killing her was the key to be rid of her mentally for good...which is kind of morbid if you think about it." Kevin chuckled as he added "Morbid or not, if worked!" which Fox also chuckled as he flipped the TV to the TV Land station as Kevin got up from the wall and said "Well, I'll let you get back to your bed rest as I got to get back to work. We got a new K9 Officer today and I'm taking him on his first ride-along."
"Oh?" Fox inquired, "Well, you two have fun! And tell Ralph that the Doc said I'll be able to return to duty in about two-three days tops!" Kevin nodded and saluted Fox, who returned the salute, and left the room for the main entrance. Walking through the doors, he takes a deep breath of fresh air and lets out a sigh of relief. For the first time in his entire life, he honestly felt free and more revived then ever! Granted, it came at the cost of an old friend but still, he felt alive again! Turning to his left, he walked over to the cruiser where the new K9 Recruit was waiting for him...
"How is Fox?" K9 Trainee Bino asked while getting back into the car, to which Kevin tells him "He's doing great! A couple days and he'll be back on the force!" Bino smiled as he buckled up, "That's great! Hey, HQ called a while ago. They want us to go to and look into a complaint. Apparently, Delusional Steven is at it again, claiming some wild things again" Bino told Kevin, who just sighed and mumble "Good ole' Steve..." Taking a deep breath, he starts the engine and asks Bino where Steve is and Bino responds that Steve's "At the park prancing about like a lunatic."
"Then I guess that's where we're start!" Kevin exclaims as they pull out of the hospital lot and as they hit the road, Kevin asks Bino "Never thought you be going after Steve on your first day, eh?" to which Bino simply remarks "Kevin? I fought zombies, I got a beast in me, I been to the Netherworld and back, AND I fought not one, not two, but three Celestials and won...this is nothing but a normal day for me" and both Kevin and Bino laughed as they got closer to the park. With everything that had happened to the residents and pets living there now in the past and the sun shining like never before, today was the first day of an actual normal day here in Babylon Gardens. Even those storm clouds in the distant couldn't ruin this return to normality.

...HousepetZ will return soon...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Those storm clouds in the distance huh? Something tells me that things are gonna get a whole lot more worse. :lol:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

:twisted: It will :twisted:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Revengencedetta
Epilogue

At the ruins of what was once Milton Manor, a figure was observing the area with arms crossed and a scowl occupying their face. They knew this place well and seeing it now reduced to nothing more then rubble with nothing worth wild remaining, brought nothing but anger to them. Even the nearby temple was still nothing more then a trash heap. Shaking their head, the figure, a rather scruffy looking badger wearing glasses, reaches down into a bag they had and pulls out a small little gold coin, flips it in the air, and catches it a few times before pocketing it and turning to walk back into the woods, but not before uttering "Keene will regret the day he fired me..."

Coming Soon....HousepetZ: Rush Hour
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

SeanWolf wrote:Coming Soon....HousepetZ: Rush Hour
will Chris Tucker be making an appearance?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:Coming Soon....HousepetZ: Rush Hour
will Chris Tucker be making an appearance?
:lol: Nah
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Just one question answered: When will the zombies return? Soon :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh goody. Looks like more enemies of the Milton's want to try and take them down. That has to be fun, and I wonder if there will be any more ferret casualties.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Oh goody. Looks like more enemies of the Milton's want to try and take them down. That has to be fun, and I wonder if there will be any more ferret casualties.
Well the coin was a hint towards whose the next villain :) As for casualties...other then people's ears from Pit's screaming :lol: None of the ferrets will die, I can already safely say.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Well, you’ve certainly gotten me interested, pretty sure I know the identity of our next villain. I’m looking forward to reading the next chapter in this saga.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

.... that coin definitely gets more than a bad penny's worth of circulation. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I do hope that Stew-Badger gets some sort of revenge on Keene. Him saying he can excuse his brother's death because he didn't like them is cold. Obviously Lana won't die since she is Mrs. Jata and Keene is the main one out of the the ferrets. Pit and Duke are already dead.

Rock is kind of a ******* in canon. Maybe he should watch his back.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I do hope that Stew-Badger gets some sort of revenge on Keene. Him saying he can excuse his brother's death because he didn't like them is cold. Obviously Lana won't die since she is Mrs. Jata and Keene is the main one out of the the ferrets. Pit and Duke are already dead.

Rock is kind of a ******* in canon. Maybe he should watch his back.
You mean Simon and Duke? Pit's not dead. And "he can excuse his brother's death"? I don't recall that to be honest.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Back when Keene was informed of Simon and Duke's (is that how you do possessive for multiple people?) death he didn't really react that strongly. I believe he was still recovering from Osiris at the time.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Bandit1990 wrote:Back when Keene was informed of Simon and Duke's (is that how you do possessive for multiple people?) death he didn't really react that strongly. I believe he was still recovering from Osiris at the time.
Ah, OK I see where you mean now. Yes, when he was informed, he was still recovering from the Osiris side, but at the same time him saying he never liked those two anyway was referring to (which I really didn't touch on) the fact that both Duke and Simon, even though they also believed in Osiris/Keene, still wanted Pets and Humans to co-exist but they wanted it to be that humans were the pets of, well, pets, something that Osiris/Keene disagreed with it, hence he kicked them out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Still a pretty cold position to take since they were still his brothers and it made Keene seem more like a jerk than he was already especially since he was free of Osiris. But that is just my opinion.

So it was Duke and Simon who are the ones that are dead? Where did I get Pit from? Oh you know what, I must have swapped Simon out for Pit and thought there was only 5 ferrets. Nevermind.

Then Rock and Pit had better watch their backs.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Still a pretty cold position to take since they were still his brothers and it made Keene seem more like a jerk than he was already especially since he was free of Osiris. But that is just my opinion.

So it was Duke and Simon who are the ones that are dead? Where did I get Pit from? Oh you know what, I must have swapped Simon out for Pit and thought there was only 5 ferrets. Nevermind.

Then Rock and Pit had better watch their backs.
True. Same time, I MAY go back and re-write that scene in question (Not sure yet).

Funny enough, I legit forgot Rock existed until after I was done with one of the arcs xD

You are right about Pit having to watch his back as this arc will be centered on him and will be taking inspiration from a certain movie (Rush Hour being the hint and, no, it's not the Jackie Chan trilogy).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hey we already had Keene and Lana tortured, Duke and Simon are dead, so now something has to happen to Rock and Pit in order for it to be fair. :lol:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Hey we already had Keene and Lana tortured, Duke and Simon are dead, so now something has to happen to Rock and Pit in order for it to be fair. :lol:
Well, Sasha DID take a shot a Rock so he got a little bit done :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Hey we already had Keene and Lana tortured, Duke and Simon are dead, so now something has to happen to Rock and Pit in order for it to be fair. :lol:
Jeeves has his revenge!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:
Jeeves has his revenge!
Erm Jeeves' dead :? Osiris/Keene fed him to Pete The Chimera to test Pete's powers.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Regrettable … good butlers are hard to find.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Who the heck would want to work for a family that now has a huge target on their back? :|
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Who the heck would want to work for a family that now has a huge target on their back? :|
*innocently looks about* Hmmm...Well there is ONE but you'll have to guess who.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is it Daisy? She kind of seems oblivious enough to think it would be a good job. With that we might see more Kevin also.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gale Puma?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:Gale Puma?
Actually, thank you for reminding me of her :? I forgot about her, tbh :oops:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So then it is for certain not gonna be her? XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So then it is for certain not gonna be her? XD
No as I already got the character chosen...but I may use her later. I'll have to think on that.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Rush Hour
Prolouge

It was another peaceful morning in Babylon Gardens as the sun rose over the town, either waking those from their slumber or making some shut the curtains for just five more minutes. One of the former was one Pit Milton, brother of Keene Milton and new owner of the WWE, who was known for his wild, crazy, and larger then life persona, though you wouldn't think that if one would look at him today for, outside of the WWE and all TV, he was a surprisingly very calm and collective ferret with a smile that could melt hearts.
"Man, the show went on a bit too long last night," he thought to himself as he got out of bed and headed to the bathroom for a shower, "Yeah, I did set it up that way but I was planning on it being a quick match...forgot those two can keep going like a battery." As he stood in the shower, washing the sleep off of him, his mind thought back to the days of the zombie epidemic, when he used to run the Slaughter Dome which had to be shut down after the cure was found. Of course, he was disappointed but he knew this type of show wouldn't work with living people, so he was cool with it ending as it did. As today was going to be a simple relaxation day for him, Pit figured he spend some time outside relaxing and get some weeding done in his garden while also catching up on some gaming, in this case Skyrim. But first, he needed some breakfast, so he headed towards his kitchen for a simple bowl of cereal. Passing by the front door, he saw the mail arrived and, as he kind of figured, it was mostly junk, though the latest issue of the gaming magazine he subscribed to came, which made him happy. But then one letter in particular caught his attention as it only had a stamp and his address on it.
"It's probably another scammer," Pit thought as he opened the letter up, hoping to see misspellings and a claim that he won $500,000 but need to send $100,000 to cover shipping and handling. But instead, all that was inside was a small notebook page that read in big letters 'YOUR TIME IS UP' Pit looked at it for a bit before tossing it, along with the other letters onto the kitchen counter, and went to eat his breakfast while reading the magazine, all the while thinking that the letter was "Probably a late arrival from that Sasha girl. Not sure what she can do now that she's dead."
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

MAGAZINES?!?! Of course, the market for Dead Living musta gone through the roof. My mistake.... :oops:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:MAGAZINES?!?! Of course, the market for Dead Living musta gone through the roof. My mistake.... :oops:
Eh?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I say Rock needs to suffer a bit more because he still got off too easy. Even if it is just him being humiliated on national television but face planting in mud. :lol:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I say Rock needs to suffer a bit more because he still got off too easy. Even if it is just him being humiliated on national television but face planting in mud. :lol:
Wait for Arc 3 (I'm calling this new series of arcs Season 2) ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

SeanWolf wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:MAGAZINES?!?! Of course, the market for Dead Living musta gone through the roof. My mistake.... :oops:
Eh?
Clumsy play on various magazines with titles that end in Living (Southern Livng, etc., etc.). Assumes that zombies have been around long enough to have their own magazine. Hey, Martha Stewart had one, right?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think she still has one. And if she can continue to have one despite going to prison, I'm sure zombies that kill and infect others can still have one. :lol: