2019/06/19 - Pie-racy

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
dr_eirik

Re: This Was Such a Wholesome Strip

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote: Whatever is going to happen is going to happen at Jess's house. Steward is of course the likely next step because Pete and Dragon are practically useless at this point being that they are without magic and probably any knowledge of magic. They remember they had magic but probably not how it works or any fundamental information (Pete didn't even know how to use a frisbee). The odds of Kitsune hanging around the house on a regular basis is probably slim as well because he has more important things to do. Again even if he was there he wouldn't help for *insert excuse here*. Steward being the only other one in Marion's boat, would be the sympathetic one as well as someone with an axe to grind.
It's clear that he's going to get mixed up with all the wildcards in the coming days. The epicenter for all the characters who have some kind of interest in what happens and in a position to believe Marion is Jesses house. There are others who, like any of the pets that know about King (which is actually a pretty big list, come to think of it) that might be willing to help Marion even if they didn't know him, but how?

That goes for Steward, too. Even if he is responsible for the transformation, that doesn't really fit well for how we've seen the coin work. If Steward was a willing instigator, then why wasn't he waiting outside Marions house? He couldn't have known that he'd end up in the company of two raccoons. And if he has a way back to humanity, then why involve Marion at all?

I can really only think of two, maybe four, characters who might legitimately be able to help. Kitsune is obvious (and you're right, for story reasons he'll either be out of the picture or this will be outside what he can do), Craig (who might remember enough to know how to undue the curse without the scrolls), or Tarot/Sabrina who might at least have some insight.

And, of course, Karishad who is the ultimate wildcard and wouldn't surprise me that much if he is the ultimate catalyst for whatever will be the final resolution.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Ash Greytree

Re: 2019/06/19 - Pie-racy

Post by Ash Greytree »

Glad to see the slow turnaround in Marion's fortune. Mrs. M telling them to make sure to share implies that they're headed back to Jessica's place, like they always head there after "stealing" from Mrs. M. Can't wait to see how that goes. My guess is that, as they're sharing the pie and eating, Marion's going to ask if he can stay. Jessica possibly objects since they may be all full up now, but Karishad brings up that he made even more new additions to the basement. Then maybe Marion, having been taken aside by Jessica somewhere that Falstaff and Truck can't hear, postures himself as someone who can use his wits to keep the two raccoons out of trouble during their night-time antics. He could lie about having used to be a pet until earlier today (Pointing to his "M & L" bracelet as if it was his collar) as reason for him not knowing how to scrounge/scavenge, and use the knowledge of his family, probably Lois' family, and other neighbors to his advantage, passing it off as info he gained over time being a pet.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Sometimes it feels like Housepets is like playing D&D. We keep trying to move the characters one way or another to complete the mission and every theory or possible new path is a player rolling the dice. "I cast Marion confesses to Mrs. McGillicuddy who he is." Then you have Dungeon Master Rick saying "Oh, you rolled a two instead of a 15 so now Marion is going to do this instead. Sorry you lose."

There is one more theory that I don't like using that much but I will put it out there. That is that Marion gets to the treehouse but finds that no one is going help to him and even Steward is not going to be directly involved in his character arc. Marion leaves and runs into the "real" reason he was turned into a squirrel and strikes a deal with that character to regain his humanity. The entire premise of Marion going to Jess's house was to establish a link with Steward and his plan (whatever that may be) essentially creating two separate plots unfolding simultaneously kind of like how both Dragon and Pete were both playing the Game and King was caught between the two of them.
dr_eirik wrote:
fenrirblack wrote: Whatever is going to happen is going to happen at Jess's house. Steward is of course the likely next step because Pete and Dragon are practically useless at this point being that they are without magic and probably any knowledge of magic. They remember they had magic but probably not how it works or any fundamental information (Pete didn't even know how to use a frisbee). The odds of Kitsune hanging around the house on a regular basis is probably slim as well because he has more important things to do. Again even if he was there he wouldn't help for *insert excuse here*. Steward being the only other one in Marion's boat, would be the sympathetic one as well as someone with an axe to grind.
It's clear that he's going to get mixed up with all the wildcards in the coming days. The epicenter for all the characters who have some kind of interest in what happens and in a position to believe Marion is Jesses house. There are others who, like any of the pets that know about King (which is actually a pretty big list, come to think of it) that might be willing to help Marion even if they didn't know him, but how?

That goes for Steward, too. Even if he is responsible for the transformation, that doesn't really fit well for how we've seen the coin work. If Steward was a willing instigator, then why wasn't he waiting outside Marions house? He couldn't have known that he'd end up in the company of two raccoons. And if he has a way back to humanity, then why involve Marion at all?

I can really only think of two, maybe four, characters who might legitimately be able to help. Kitsune is obvious (and you're right, for story reasons he'll either be out of the picture or this will be outside what he can do), Craig (who might remember enough to know how to undue the curse without the scrolls), or Tarot/Sabrina who might at least have some insight.

And, of course, Karishad who is the ultimate wildcard and wouldn't surprise me that much if he is the ultimate catalyst for whatever will be the final resolution.
That is why I don't think Steward was responsible. It never made sense for him to be behind this but Marion is still moving farther along the board towards him. That tells me that Steward's role with Marion is significant for one reason or another which leads to one of two million dollar questions which is What is Steward's role? (along with how did Marion get changed?) I can give several semi-legitimate theories for how and why Steward could use Marion but without more information I'm throwing darts at a wall. It's not even as much about the coin as it is whatever Steward is plotting even if it is something as simple as "let's sue the Miltons." I'm not going to say Steward will become involved immediately upon arrival but the longer Marion is there the more likely they will become involved with one another's goals especially if Steward is Marion's best chance at being human again (as far as he knows). It boils down to how long the game is because we have to remember that Marion is still two weeks from graduation and has college on the horizon (Rick mentioned both those things for a reason). That might not be a reason to immediately have him change back but it is incentive for his character to not want sit around Jess's place playing the Brady Bunch.

King's role will probably come into play later on which is why I'm taking him off the board for the time being. Tarot and Sabrina are the same. Their roles will come into play later like with King. King was a dog for a good year and a half before they came into his life so we have some time. There is still a part of me that wonders if King will come into this at all. He might be sympathetic but I doubt he would be helpful besides calling Tarot and Sabrina on the phone or taking Marion to the statue than immediately leave the room. Even Fox would probably understand that it would be best to skip King and go straight to Tarot.
Ash Greytree wrote: My guess is that, as they're sharing the pie and eating, Marion's going to ask if he can stay. Jessica possibly objects since they may be all full up now, but Karishad brings up that he made even more new additions to the basement. Then maybe Marion, having been taken aside by Jessica somewhere that Falstaff and Truck can't hear, postures himself as someone who can use his wits to keep the two raccoons out of trouble during their night-time antics. He could lie about having used to be a pet until earlier today (Pointing to his "M & L" bracelet as if it was his collar) as reason for him not knowing how to scrounge/scavenge, and use the knowledge of his family, probably Lois' family, and other neighbors to his advantage, passing it off as info he gained over time being a pet.
That is a very possible theory if Marion decides to wait it out in hopes that his family and friends finally notice he is gone and not coming back so he can swoop in a few days and say "Do you believe me now?"
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I think we are coming quickly to a point where we are going to see where the pieces are moving. At this point, we dont even know what the game is, so to speak. Is this a plot by Steward? A new kind of trickery from Kitsune? Is the escaped demon behind this? Did Daisy wish on a star and it was horribly misinterpreted by a Celestial?

Depending on where this all goes, I can see King getting involved more as a shoulder to cry on. He is the only sympathetic character who went through this, unless Steward has had a real turn as a badger. If Marion remains stuck forever, I could see a friendship develop with King.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Once again don't think that Kitsune would do something like this out of malice or because of a stupid game in the case of Joel and King so I can confidently say he probably has nothing to do with it but will get involved somehow.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

This would be so much easier if it was an anime. All the pieces line up exactly where you expect them to go and move in a set pattern no matter happens. The characters are all linked together in a intricate pattern but they’re still together.

The demon is the greatest mystery. We know practically nothing about him except he loves causing mischief like Kari. All I can say for sure is that he’s the endgame. Everything major event that has happened is connected to him. The Game was specifically designed to teach Celestials to fight demons. Each event led Keene to the temple and into Pandemonium where it was unleashed from. Everything that happened set the pieces into place on the final board and they’re still moving. Again It’s not my favorite theory, but the demon could easily be behind Marion’s transformation just to so get him on his side and turn Marion into a weapon against the protagonists. While Kitsune has been plotting a counter play this entire time.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Once again don't think that Kitsune would do something like this out of malice or because of a stupid game in the case of Joel and King so I can confidently say he probably has nothing to do with it but will get involved somehow.
The only way I could see him involved with the transformation is if this somehow is going to help Marion in the long run. Think of his conversation with Res that sent the Weretiger in to help. Though him actively doing this to Marion does seem out of character unless there is some backstory we dont know yet. I cant get past that he is the only character we see regularly who has the power to cause and fix this. I think we do need to see him at some point, if just to take him off the board if hes not involved.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

fenrirblack wrote:The Game was specifically designed to teach Celestials to fight demons.
You've said this a few times, but the only strip I can remember that even references this (here) doesn't say that per se, and based on the casual wording seems to imply that it's a pretty standard D&D parody with no larger designs than being a nerdy game
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

fenrirblack wrote:That is a very possible theory if Marion decides to wait it out in hopes that his family and friends finally notice he is gone and not coming back so he can swoop in a few days and say "Do you believe me now?"
Yeah, I’ve just got this feeling that he’s going to decide to keep the info about his former humanity close to his chest and earn his keep by serving as the brains of the operation for the two raccoons. As well, Marion could do odd jobs around the treehouse that someone with a high school education could do, assuming he earned solid grades in all his classes.

Using his marketable skills and biding his time until either his family and friends come looking for him or until he can find a way back to being human is his best option. Of course a good twist would be if one or more of the treehouse denizens get curious about Marion and confront him. I’ve said before that this could wind up with Steward or Craig & Draig putting two and two together and realizing Marion used to be human since they’re the only ones with extended experience being human/messing with transformed humans.

But anyways, all my speculation really hinges on how Marion’s first interactions with the rest of the treehouse crew goes. Definitely gonna get some good laughs out of all of it; can’t wait.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Ash Greytree wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:That is a very possible theory if Marion decides to wait it out in hopes that his family and friends finally notice he is gone and not coming back so he can swoop in a few days and say "Do you believe me now?"
Yeah, I’ve just got this feeling that he’s going to decide to keep the info about his former humanity close to his chest and earn his keep by serving as the brains of the operation for the two raccoons. As well, Marion could do odd jobs around the treehouse that someone with a high school education could do, assuming he earned solid grades in all his classes.

Using his marketable skills and biding his time until either his family and friends come looking for him or until he can find a way back to being human is his best option. Of course a good twist would be if one or more of the treehouse denizens get curious about Marion and confront him. I’ve said before that this could wind up with Steward or Craig & Draig putting two and two together and realizing Marion used to be human since they’re the only ones with extended experience being human/messing with transformed humans.

But anyways, all my speculation really hinges on how Marion’s first interactions with the rest of the treehouse crew goes. Definitely gonna get some good laughs out of all of it; can’t wait.
I could see him keeping the humanity close to the vest, but it remains to be seen how well he can pull off the role of a squirrel damsel in distress. Ignoring Kitsune, Steward and possibly Zach would notice that Marion isn't your average forest critter. Jessica is pretty observant, too. I guess I'm not sure why he'd hide it at this point, other than a human-centric thought that these are just animals, how could they possibly help? He's just looking for food and shelter from them, not answers.

I imagine that Marion is going to continue the roller coaster for a while. Think the things that he's about to find out about that will give and take away his hope. There was a magic temple near here! But it's collapsed last year. There was a major game between demi-gods! But they all "left". There's a dog in the neighborhood who was once a person! And he found a way back to human! And he decided to stay a dog. You met a grumpy Corgi?
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

dr_eirik wrote:I could see him keeping the humanity close to the vest, but it remains to be seen how well he can pull off the role of a squirrel damsel in distress. Ignoring Kitsune, Steward and possibly Zach would notice that Marion isn't your average forest critter. Jessica is pretty observant, too. I guess I'm not sure why he'd hide it at this point, other than a human-centric thought that these are just animals, how could they possibly help? He's just looking for food and shelter from them, not answers.

I imagine that Marion is going to continue the roller coaster for a while. Think the things that he's about to find out about that will give and take away his hope. There was a magic temple near here! But it's collapsed last year. There was a major game between demi-gods! But they all "left". There's a dog in the neighborhood who was once a person! And he found a way back to human! And he decided to stay a dog. You met a grumpy Corgi?
If he goes the route of keeping his former human-ness a secret and brings skills to the table that can help out the treehouse and pull his own weight in exchange for food & shelter, he wouldn't really be a damsel. To the rest of the treehouse he just just be an eccentric adolescent female squirrel who's got a handful of useful talents.

As for why he'd hide it: He hasn't had any luck trying to explain it to anybody or getting anyone else to help. Having it brushed off as his senior prank by his girlfriend, got swept out of the house by his mom, the K-9's told him they had nothing and then peaced out, and he was interrupted by his former babysitter who just thinks that he's some odd critter who got roped into helping two trouble-making raccoons. He's in all likelihood done blurting it out to anybody he meets, and if I were him I'd definitely be afraid of saying something that could get me seen as crazy and kicked out.

Marion lying and saying he's been a squirrel his whole life and presenting himself as helpful to Jessica and company would be a good route to go. He can take his time and build up trust with them so eventually he can tell one or all the truth at the right moment and nothing goes wrong. He can use that time to secretly look for other avenues to return to being human, too. And in that role, as his character arc goes on, we can see how he interacts with the wider cast of characters at a more leisurely pace rather than him and everyone else being potentially being far-to-soon thrusted into another grand arc of magic and mystery with Marion as a focal point/living MacGuffin.

I do want answers to the who/what/why of Marion's transformation, but at the same time I want Rick to take it slow, develop the character, and give him some friends and healthy interpersonal relationships amongst the animals of Babylon Gardens that don't revolve around them knowing that he used to be human. Marion keeping up a masquerade and the reactions that might happen when the animal(s) who trust him find out about that masquerade could lead to some really interesting stories and serve as a catalyst for development in other characters.

It'd be especially cool to see Falstaff and Truck growing and becoming more three-dimensional through constant interactions with Marion rather than them merely serving as a means to ferry him from one part of the plot to another in this arc.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Ash Greytree wrote: Marion lying and saying he's been a squirrel his whole life and presenting himself as helpful to Jessica and company would be a good route to go. He can take his time and build up trust with them so eventually he can tell one or all the truth at the right moment and nothing goes wrong. He can use that time to secretly look for other avenues to return to being human, too. And in that role, as his character arc goes on, we can see how he interacts with the wider cast of characters at a more leisurely pace rather than him and everyone else being potentially being far-to-soon thrusted into another grand arc of magic and mystery with Marion as a focal point/living MacGuffin.
I agree with pretty much everything you say here, but as has been pointed out: There is a ticking clock. Marion has not likely given up on fixing this and still graduating which mean he has literally got days at most to fix this. He doesn't have the luxury of waiting until he gains trust. I can't see him giving up on that goal unless he gives up completely, or at least until that clock runs out. Keeping in mind that very little time has passed in the comic itself. Its likely been around 12-18 hours since he woke up with furry hands. Rick could pack a massive amount of story into a huge number of pages that cover the next couple days.

I do want answers to the who/what/why of Marion's transformation, but at the same time I want Rick to take it slow, develop the character, and give him some friends and healthy interpersonal relationships amongst the animals of Babylon Gardens that don't revolve around them knowing that he used to be human. Marion keeping up a masquerade and the reactions that might happen when the animal(s) who trust him find out about that masquerade could lead to some really interesting stories and serve as a catalyst for development in other characters.
I agree here, too. I would rather see this develop the way he wants us to see it rather than him giving a burst of dialog that explains this core mystery. I guess you could call it "delightfully frustrating", where we all want answers, but the speculation is kinda fun. I suspect that it won't be all that long before we get at least some idea of who/what/why and even how. I suspect that even if {BAD GUY #1} is waiting in the woods with a signed confession about everything, it won't be close to the end of this part of Marions story.

I'm still thinking that Marion is going to be with us as a character for a long time, ala' King, and so likely still stuck with a tail. How many years did it take in real time to settle his story? Five?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
Ash Greytree wrote: Marion lying and saying he's been a squirrel his whole life and presenting himself as helpful to Jessica and company would be a good route to go. He can take his time and build up trust with them so eventually he can tell one or all the truth at the right moment and nothing goes wrong. He can use that time to secretly look for other avenues to return to being human, too. And in that role, as his character arc goes on, we can see how he interacts with the wider cast of characters at a more leisurely pace rather than him and everyone else being potentially being far-to-soon thrusted into another grand arc of magic and mystery with Marion as a focal point/living MacGuffin.
I agree with pretty much everything you say here, but as has been pointed out: There is a ticking clock. Marion has not likely given up on fixing this and still graduating which mean he has literally got days at most to fix this. He doesn't have the luxury of waiting until he gains trust. I can't see him giving up on that goal unless he gives up completely, or at least until that clock runs out. Keeping in mind that very little time has passed in the comic itself. Its likely been around 12-18 hours since he woke up with furry hands. Rick could pack a massive amount of story into a huge number of pages that cover the next couple days.

I agree here, too. I would rather see this develop the way he wants us to see it rather than him giving a burst of dialog that explains this core mystery. I guess you could call it "delightfully frustrating", where we all want answers, but the speculation is kinda fun. I suspect that it won't be all that long before we get at least some idea of who/what/why and even how. I suspect that even if {BAD GUY #1} is waiting in the woods with a signed confession about everything, it won't be close to the end of this part of Marions story.

I'm still thinking that Marion is going to be with us as a character for a long time, ala' King, and so likely still stuck with a tail. How many years did it take in real time to settle his story? Five?
I agree with Dr. Erik, It is not like Marion has shown much patience with either his situation or the animals he’s met. This is the guy who was willing and attempted to go to school despite his new body which shows determination if not delusion. Judging from some of his mannerisms and comments with both Truck/Falstaff and even the K9s I’m going to guess that he is not a huge animal lover either but that is my interpretation. He’s doing the best he can but changing back to human is at the forefront of his mind. As soon as the sun is up he’ll probably hit the pavement again to find help unless one of the aforementioned characters gets to him first. I can only imagine he can handle being called “she” and “squirrel” so many more times before he corrects them. He’s made no effort to hide his true identity so maybe once he meets more knowledgeable animals (smarter than the raccoons) he might be more willing to tell them the truth. Or he could hide it for the night to avoid being seen as crazy.

If he going to stay a squirrel for the long term then he’ll still be better off doing it at home. Like I said before his parents are eventually going to have to believe him and he has a lot on the line unlike King. So even if he doesn’t change back he needs to be in the neighborhood with the pets so they can help him. Once he finishes school he’ll have time (years) to figure out what to do and once he does change back college will still be there waiting for him. Right now graduation is the biggest factor against him. The fact Rick set the time of this adventure when he did tells me that it is more significant then just adding stakes. Rick could have set it two weeks after graduation and if he did I would be more inclined to believe Marion sitting on his tail not worrying as much about changing back and playing with the ferals.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

It IS interesting that Mrs. MacG communicates with Marion and understands him. We've also learned that she and the raccoons can not only understand each other, their relationship has developed over many encounters (and probably many pies!).

So, I'm a little puzzled (a common experience at my age), now that Marion has found a human who can understand him, has some insight into how critter life works in Babylon Gardens, and is compassionate, smart, and helpful ... What happened to the panel where Marion stands on the window sill and goes ... HELP??!!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote:It IS interesting that Mrs. MacG communicates with Marion and understands him. We've also learned that she and the raccoons can not only understand each other, their relationship has developed over many encounters (and probably many pies!).

So, I'm a little puzzled (a common experience at my age), now that Marion has found a human who can understand him, has some insight into how critter life works in Babylon Gardens, and is compassionate, smart, and helpful ... What happened to the panel where Marion stands on the window sill and goes ... HELP??!!

It's not odd that understands him. The animals in this world speak English, at least in Babylon Gardens. We did have that camel who spoke only Arabic. Humans in this setting understand all the animals. As for why he did ask for help.... not sure.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Obbl wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:The Game was specifically designed to teach Celestials to fight demons.
You've said this a few times, but the only strip I can remember that even references this (here) doesn't say that per se, and based on the casual wording seems to imply that it's a pretty standard D&D parody with no larger designs than being a nerdy game
Not demons per se,
Last edited by fenrirblack on Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

So, rather than stay with someone he knows who is kind to wildlife and is an unlimited source of food, he decided to go with two blithering wild animals he doesn’t know to unfamiliar territory. Sounds legit. :|
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that she was the one that sent him away rather than him choosing to go.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:It IS interesting that Mrs. MacG communicates with Marion and understands him. We've also learned that she and the raccoons can not only understand each other, their relationship has developed over many encounters (and probably many pies!).

It's not odd that understands him. The animals in this world speak English, at least in Babylon Gardens. We did have that camel who spoke only Arabic. Humans in this setting understand all the animals. As for why he did ask for help.... not sure.
An old farmer once told me, "Actually, all animals speak English - they just have very limited vocabularies and really thick accents."

So I asked, "What kinda accents?"

He said, "Magyar, maybe Swedish."

"Why limited vocabularies?"

"They don't really want to talk to people."
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

SeanWolf wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Well that is a bit unexpected. :lol: How very nice of Mrs. McGillicuddy, lot of effort to just feed some animals.
Well the elderly do tend to be sweeter towards animals (like Granny from Looney Tunes) :)
Sylvester the Cat would disagree about the sweet part.
Frank wrote:No one's ever going to let him give his complete explanation, is he?
Wrong. His mom let him explain. The problem is Marion doesn't understand his situation any better than us so he has no explanation to give.
Argent wrote:
Ale Donkey wrote:Mrs. McGillicuddy's pies bring all the boys to the yard!
NHWestoN wrote:chocolate chip cookies, to be exact!
Could be, or they could be oatmeal raisin.
Oatmeal Raisin are much better than Chocolate Chip..
How about we compromise and agree oatmeal chocolate chip is the one true cookie.
fenrirblack wrote:The demon is the greatest mystery. We know practically nothing about him except he loves causing mischief like Kari. All I can say for sure is that he’s the endgame. Everything major event that has happened is connected to him.
I don't think we even know that much about the Demon. All I would say we know is they wanted to leave Pandemonium at any const, and really who could blame them. It's quite a stretch to say everything is connected to it however. With that mindset, you could say a lot of things are the "endgame". Additionally, I don't think Housepets! is the type of literature to have an endgame at all. This isn't one of your amine, its a comic about house pets.
fenrirblack wrote:
Obbl wrote:
Not demons per se,
I'll be darned. The comic never gave me that impression (and even seemed to imply the opposite), but that is explicit about it so I will accept it as canon. I will say U&U doesn't appear to be structured to be any better at teaching celestials how to fight demons than how well the zero gravity exercises from Ender's Game prepared students to fight aliens (that is, it taught non of the specifics, just vague conceptual things but even those only if you squint at it).
The cape comes with the promotion.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

It seems like it's purpose isn't so much to teach them how as be an incentive to do so (though learning while doing is often the best method anyway, so certainly some overlap)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Pay attention and learn how to battle the forces of evil! Or else your life and the lives of everybody that you know will end in a mass of fiery destruction! :mrgreen: