(.hack fanfic) .hack//Secrets of the World

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

furrygamer793

(.hack fanfic) .hack//Secrets of the World

Post by furrygamer793 »

Prologue: my name is Itō Asahi, a twelve year old boy from Japan. One day, my friend told me about an online game known as The World, I started playing as a Wavemaster name Ia, and with my friend Sota, I have beaten countless dungeons and gone almost everywhere there is to go, but if I had known what would happen, I never would have signed up.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Amazee Dayzee

Re: (.hack fanfic) .hack//Secrets of the World

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sounds like you are gonna make a great fan-fiction! This start is so promising even if it is small! ^_^
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Chapter One: Disaster
"Ia, heal me!" Sota said, he transformed to his wolf form so he would be a smaller target. We were in a dungeon searching for rare items to sell. I started to cast a healing spell when the monster attacked me, leaving me at dangerously low health, then proceeded to attack Sota.
"Warp out, Ia!" Sota called, "Use the Sprite Ocarina and go!" Since I had no other choice, I did what he said and warped to a root town. I logged out, took off my FMD, and got ready for bed.
"Asahi," my mother called, "Sota's parents just called, they found him unconscious next to the computer, still wearing a FMD. The doctor said he's in a vegetative state."
"Do they know how?" I asked
"No, but they notice some odd things."
"And by odd things?"
"His computer was still logged in, and they couldn't log it out."
"It could just be a coincidence, probably can't log out because of a glitch."
"Okay, good night." She said as I went to sleep.
End chapter one.
Rp characters
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Someone in a vegetative state I n the first chapter is always an ominous prelude............
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really am amazed at how nice this chapter has been written! Please keep it up!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

NHWestoN wrote:Someone in a vegetative state I n the first chapter is always an ominous prelude............
nah, it's par for the course for .Hack
honestly i'm surprised it's just one.
Picture SAO's bodycount, and being caused by tech two console generations earlier, and scaled up to a several-years-post-launch game series that already has tens of milions of concurrent players globally at any one time, instead of a beta of a few thousand. that's how things usually look.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Buster wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:Someone in a vegetative state I n the first chapter is always an ominous prelude............
nah, it's par for the course for .Hack
honestly i'm surprised it's just one.
Yeah, it is pretty normal for .hack, by the way, Buster, you seem to know a good amount of knowledge about .hack, are you a fan of it?
Buster wrote:Picture SAO's bodycount, and being caused by tech two console generations earlier, and scaled up to a several-years-post-launch game series that already has tens of milions of concurrent players globally at any one time, instead of a beta of a few thousand. that's how things usually look.
Don't forget that it's better than sword fart online too
Last edited by furrygamer793 on Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the first RP character i ever "designed" was a .Hack//Sign era wavemaster who's description was just a picture of Tsukasa recolored with an eye-searingly garish mix of reds yellows and purples, and given sephiroth bangs and a ponytail that reached his feet thanks to the "magic" of having no idea how to use photoshop correctly, and a mildly disturbing bony staff i cropped from Diablo II art.

after i learned how to draw properly, and had moved most of my RP's to Gaia Online... well... He was still a hideous mess but atleast he was a competently executed hideous mess.

so yeah, i'm familiar.

also i never finished //Infection because every time i unlocked a new keyword i would explore EVERY SINGLE AREA it could help make gate combinations for. the major battles kept getting boring because i was severely over-grinding by accident, breaking the difficulty curve so badly a steamroller may as well have landed on it. Also i think i sequence broke the game at one point i'm not honestly sure.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Oh, just out of curiosity, Buster, what part did you think you sequence break?
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

just two bits of the story, one from black rose, and one from mistral, that everything i've read since said should have been in the other order from how i remember doing em. i'll be honest though, i have no idea what i did to trigger that, as as far as i knew at the time the game was playing normally.