2019/06/26 - So Crazy It Must Be True

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
jonas

Re: 2019/06/26 - So Crazy It Must Be True

Post by jonas »

I like Dragon and Pete 2.0. I think this experience will benefit them in the long run, assuming they don't do anything really stupid to try to reclaim power.

Their path so far reminds me a bit of one or two TNG episodes. x)
Jacy

Post by Jacy »

She was never scary. Only adorable!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So I am guess that if Badger is still living there (and he must be as there is a reason Marion ended up at Jess's house), he must be keeping his cards close to the vest and not telling anybody about what happened either and going along with being a badger.

Or he tried and saw Craig and Draig ranting about their former lives and just decided like Marion to keep quiet.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

vulpinator wrote:Maybe this isn’t important, but who’s that in the background? Is it Karishad still, or Kix? Or maybe it’s Great Kitsune in disguise as a mortal! The tail’s the same shape as Craig’s and Draig’s, and the figure is very lean, so it’s pretty clear it’s one of the foxes.
The tail seems kinda thick, flattened, and just might have more than one point ... Cory? ... Cassie? ... GK?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm going with Karishad but since whoever it is isn't listed in the tags, I'm going to also say they aren't important.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:But they're not. They're 'just kits making up stories based on local legends'. All the ferals have heard of Pete the great Gryphon and his sister. They made a religion around them. Only a few are involved enough to believe the two if they heard them and they said nothing to King and Bailey and haven't met Tarot and Sabrina.
You're right that even to someone who knew of the game, Craig could be mistaken for playing pretend with the opener stuff. Spirit Dragon, on the other hand, wasn't part of the forest religion so Draig would be a lot more suspicious.
They can't BOTH be the great deity of Openerness and Draig isn't going to be less important than her bratty brother so she 'invented' a sister to the god? (at least explaining her actions.)
Again, most characters wouldn't think twice about the kits' antics. To anyone from the Australia crew that know about the reincarnation, Draig "happening" to come up with the correct mythical creature would be a red flag.
fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:
Discostew wrote:Maybe someone already mentioned it, but if Marion were to change back with that necklace around his neck, he'd be in some distress.
King's collar didn't pose any issues when he changed back. In Housepets! clothing is just kinda over looked when it comes to transformations.
Although you are right about clothing being overlooked and it wouldn't matter in the long term but King was still a special case because it was done through the power of the celestials and not the coin. And Marion put the bracelet on after his change unlike King whose collar was again place through Pete's magic which makes it special. If Marion used a counter curse then the bracelet could pose a problem if you look at it logically but if he changes back through other means then it wouldn't matter.
When Steward transformed from the coin all his clothes disappeared except his glasses which miraculously still fit on his new head and his prescription still matched. We can look at this logically, it's just the logic of HP! transformations is whatever's convenient to facilitate a funny talking animal comic.
fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:
leinglo wrote:Ears are wrong for a fox. Too rounded. My guess would be a skunk. Though whatever they are Wallace is probably correct in the in that they're just a background character in any case.
Aw yes. You're probably right. The ears, tail, and amount of headfur fit's Corys design much better than GK (though with only a silhouette it could be any skunk).
Either way its a missed opportunity if it is a random silhouette and not important for the future. I mean if it was important and it was Marion's partner then it would be cool for Rick to drop it in early just to start the process of speculation of who it is and what their role is
The silhouette being Cory and Marion's partner aren't mutually exclusive, just... :? undesirable.
Ash Greytree wrote:maybe Jess would have him room with another female character. Like, maybe Jess has the rooms set up on dorm rules where, unless you’re a family, guys have to room with guys and girls have to room with girls.
Housepets are naked all the time and this is a group of ferals so I don't expect it to be like that, but I could be wrong.
NHWestoN wrote:As to the shadow figure, it seems a bit slim to belong to Cory. Maybe Friday will give us a reveal, and Marion seems to have an invitation to stay.
Upon further inspection, I think the opposite. It's too chubby to be someone other than Cory.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm going with Karishad but since whoever it is isn't listed in the tags, I'm going to also say they aren't important.
Whoever said something had to be important for us to debate it endlessly? :D
The cape comes with the promotion.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Well, Marion has got some food and it now looks like he has got a place to stay, at least temporarily. Whether he keeps what’s left of his sanity is a different matter.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm going with Karishad but since whoever it is isn't listed in the tags, I'm going to also say they aren't important.
Whoever said something had to be important for us to debate it endlessly? :D
Anyone who ever said “It’s a comic/comedy so why are people taking it so seriously?” Or something along those lines. Or simply ever said “it’s a comedy” to try to either win or end an argument.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

trekkie wrote:Well, Marion has got some food and it now looks like he has got a place to stay, at least temporarily. Whether he keeps what’s left of his sanity is a different matter.
pie helps.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Depends if it is one of the good flavors of pie. :)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I don't think the shadow can possibly be Cory. Remember, Cory got ejected from the house by force, and Jessica clearly doesn't like him. It's unlikely he would be in the house again, especially within sight of Jessica.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:I don't think the shadow can possibly be Cory. Remember, Cory got ejected from the house by force, and Jessica clearly doesn't like him. It's unlikely he would be in the house again, especially within sight of Jessica.
It's probably just Karishad in the background as I don't think raccoon tails are that fluffy.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe he got ejected because he did something that ****** off Jessica but it wasn't permanent and she allowed him back when she cooled off.

I really do wanna know what happened to Trinket.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CyberDragon wrote:I don't think the shadow can possibly be Cory. Remember, Cory got ejected from the house by force, and Jessica clearly doesn't like him. It's unlikely he would be in the house again, especially within sight of Jessica.
Cory does have a real genius for running his fingernails across Jessica's chalkboard, but she seems pretty forgiving. She did allow Falstaff to stay despite that boneheaded play with the jar of termites - not sure how long he had to wear the jar over his head, though.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Probably until he tripped over his feet and shattered the jar letting him get his head free. XD
angelmar741

Post by angelmar741 »

Okay, so those two are Dragon and Pete the Gryphon then?

I kind of see a pattern here.

I wonder if they were transformed on purpose or if something is out of whack.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

They had to live mortal lifetimes as a consequence of losing the cosmic game. That's it.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

D-Rock wrote:They had to live mortal lifetimes as a consequence of losing the cosmic game. That's it.
Exile into the mortal world where they caused so much disruption - Kitsune has a fondness for irony.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Personally if he really wanted to teach them a lesson if their actions were really heinous, he would have sentenced them to an eternity of mortal lifetimes. They die then come back as another mortal. :mrgreen:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Personally if he really wanted to teach them a lesson if their actions were really heinous, he would have sentenced them to an eternity of mortal lifetimes. They die then come back as another mortal. :mrgreen:
Knowing Kitsune he set this up so one would be enough. *cough* Olive *cough*
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that they are way too young to be shipped, but I don't care! :D :lol: 8-)

All about the Crolive train!

Now we just need someone for Draig.
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

After going back and looking again, I'm still wondering who the shadow was in this strip. Although Steward first popped in as a shadow a few strips later his tail is way too small and the shadow is too slender for it to have been him.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm just thinking that the character in question at this point might just be someone that Rick just put in there for scene decoration until we get proof otherwise. =P