2019/07/03 - Badger Before Bed

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
NHWestoN

Re: 2019/07/03 - Badger Before Bed

Post by NHWestoN »

It's interesting that Jessica interpreted Steward/Badger's approach to Marion as "proselytizing". Wonder what basis she makes that connection? Has she got her eye on Badger boy because she suspects him of having an agenda? Seems to be a bit of tension atwix them.

Wonder if any of the other tree-dwellers will meet Marion before he has his heart-to-heart with Badger? Kinda wish Zach was around.
Argent

Post by Argent »

dr_eirik wrote:It hasn't been established, but if Kitsune popped in and just turned Marion back into a human then the story is over, more or less.
That doesn't mean he can't have a story-worth of shenanigans getting there.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

NHWestoN wrote:Interesting, the transformation solved Steward's poison ivy problem but didn't improve his vision. Badger's don't have the best eyesight but maybe they're immune to itchy-twitchy leaves.
On that note, how come his glasses still fit?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Clearly, as part of its detailed magical components, the transformational spell participates in a seriously good vision/optical support plan.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote:It's interesting that Jessica interpreted Steward/Badger's approach to Marion as "proselytizing". Wonder what basis she makes that connection? Has she got her eye on Badger boy because she suspects him of having an agenda? Seems to be a bit of tension atwix them.

Wonder if any of the other tree-dwellers will meet Marion before he has his heart-to-heart with Badger? Kinda wish Zach was around.
I think Jessica might sense something about Steward, something off about him, maybe. I think she cares about her housemates more than she lets on, it would be interesting if Zach showed up as he would provide a way to the pets.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Step back everyone, I'm about to grand prediction that is neither grand nor original. I'm going to say that Marion is going to return to a semi-normal life remaining a squirrel and return to live with his parents and one way or another Steward is going to help him get there. BUT by doing so Steward is going to use Marion to get something in return that's going to come back and bite everyone on the tail. To say the least, Graduation is going to be awkward. I will also say that once Marion gets settled with his "life as a teenage squirrel" then the arc will end and we'll pick up with Marion's story at a later date.
Argent wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:It hasn't been established, but if Kitsune popped in and just turned Marion back into a human then the story is over, more or less.
That doesn't mean he can't have a story-worth of shenanigans getting there.
That's a given. Even if Kitsune does eventually break the curse it won't be for a while and won't be until Marion's story is done which could take years.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:Step back everyone, I'm about to grand prediction that is neither grand nor original. I'm going to say that Marion is going to return to a semi-normal life remaining a squirrel and return to live with his parents
Stewart Little time!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It's different because Stewart Little was actually BORN a mouse. Unless Marion chooses to stay as a squirrel, I want him to be turned back.

Also if he chooses to stay as a squirrel, then I hope they give him a male body.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, given all that's gone on since we first met Marion, it's remarkable what we DON'T KNOW about his situation. Until then, we're spinning our wheels....

Fun, though......... ;)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:It's different because Stewart Little was actually BORN a mouse. Unless Marion chooses to stay as a squirrel, I want him to be turned back.

Also if he chooses to stay as a squirrel, then I hope they give him a male body.
I do too but at this point I doubt he's going to be male anytime soon. Why bother making him female if it's not going to have some kind of point plot wise. He might switch back to male before he returns to human but I have a feeling he's going to be stuck in female form for a little while.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I wasn't saying that. I was saying if he chooses to be a squirrel when given the option to change back which will be at the end, please for the love of God give him a male body.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:It's different because Stewart Little was actually BORN a mouse. Unless Marion chooses to stay as a squirrel, I want him to be turned back.

I do too but at this point I doubt he's going to be male anytime soon. Why bother making him female if it's not going to have some kind of point plot wise. He might switch back to male before he returns to human but I have a feeling he's going to be stuck in female form for a little while.
I'm thinking along the same lines. No matter how this arc turns out, I suspect that this is the body he's got from now on, either by choice or not.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

Or he could change back to a female human.

PS:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:It's different because Stewart Little was actually BORN a mouse.
Stewart Little also got a tiny human girlfriend. That's another difference!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

In the original book, he was a tiny human who looked like a mouse. Move made some changes, it seems.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The book I read still had him as a mouse but if he was originally a tiny human that makes sense. I always shipped him and Margalo though since the second movie. :D
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Ash Greytree wrote:-Steward saying "interesting" to Marion's name means one of two things: 1) Steward knows about Marion and who he is or 2) it's some kind of trick to get Marion to think Steward knows something more; an attempt to get the squirrel interested in what he has to say.
3) He has a girlfriend in college named Marion.
fenrirblack wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I would really like it if Steward instead of being evil like everybody assumes he is going to be would just also be trying to get his human body back. Unfortunately, I don't think that is the case.
As long as Steward does something morally bad or could qualify as villainous then it doesn't matter what his goal is.
That's a pretty sweeping definition.
fenrirblack wrote:Rick hasn't done "dream sequences" since Year 1. It's not really his style. Unless he wanted to repeat Pete's introduction with a new character then I could see a dream sequence being used but beyond that I doubt it.
Year 3, Year 3, Year 5, Year 7, Year 8, Year 9.
fenrirblack wrote:If Marion was a bigger animal, I could see a scene where he rolls over and Kitsune is there lying next to him in bed. Another missed opportunity.
It's a guest comic, but.
CunningFox wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:Interesting, the transformation solved Steward's poison ivy problem but didn't improve his vision. Badger's don't have the best eyesight but maybe they're immune to itchy-twitchy leaves.
On that note, how come his glasses still fit?
Magic(k).
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Also if he chooses to stay as a squirrel, then I hope they give him a male body.
What is with you people being so concerned about his gender? The transformation into a squirrel affects literally all his life plans. If he stays female, what, he's going to develope a lethal concentration of cooties? (I'm not trying to single you out, it's just of all the posts yours was the most quotable).
The cape comes with the promotion.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Champion Wallace wrote:What is with you people being so concerned about his gender? The transformation into a squirrel affects literally all his life plans.
Apologies. It's just that problems regarding our differences in gender tend to affect our day to day life a bit more than our problems regarding differences in species.

....At least until the lizard secret goverment makes itself known and puts their own kind on top while leaving humanity as a lower class. Hope you guys like beetle stew!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:What is with you people being so concerned about his gender? The transformation into a squirrel affects literally all his life plans.
Apologies. It's just that problems regarding our differences in gender tend to affect our day to day life a bit more than our problems regarding differences in species.

....At least until the lizard secret goverment makes itself known and puts their own kind on top while leaving humanity as a lower class. Hope you guys like beetle stew!
"Lizard Secret Government!?" Hey, I though we weren't supposed to interject controversial matter into the forum discussions !?"

Oh ... Right ... There's nothing controversial about the lizard secret government ... sorry, Silly, my oops .....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I feel like I would be more concerned that we would all become lizard pets instead of the other way around and have to eat mice and rats. :|
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Poor Marion. Hope he doesn't have nightmares sleeping in a tree...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have a feeling by the time this arc is done he might not actually mind it. LOL
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Silly Zealot wrote:
The gender thing is more embarrassing on a regular basis then the species. At least if he was male he won’t have to deal with the awkward stares at his privates or constantly correcting people. It’s like King not being able to say his real name, it wasn’t terribly inconvenient but definitely emotionally hard to deal with. Remember he passed out over the female thing so clearly it was harder to deal with then the squirrel thing which just involved a lot of screaming.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He might feel self-conscious about it and think he is less of a man now and can't relate with his former gender.