Chat Thread 43: Good Ol' ArcWolves' Club (Voting's hard,OK?)

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

trekkie

Re: Chat Thread 43: Good Ol' ArcWolves' Club (Voting's hard,

Post by trekkie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Either the ice cream I bought doesn't really freeze up that hard or my freezer really isn't keeping everything frozen good enough.
Did you figure out what was wrong? My parents had a problem with things not freezing in their freezer and the problem turned out to be a bad seal on their freezer.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not really. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure if I still have it in there or if my father ate it...
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

What flavor was the ice cream?
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Reeses chocolate and peanut butter with peanut butter cups and peanut butter pieces sprinkled in.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wonderful stuff!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Anyone else been watching Infinity Train? Because that last episode.... OW.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Legotron123 wrote:Anyone else been watching Infinity Train? Because that last episode.... OW.
Infinity Train is a five-day event thing like Over The Garden Wall, right? I think I'm going to wait until it's all out (which should be tonight) to then watch the whole thing at once.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Ash Greytree wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:Anyone else been watching Infinity Train? Because that last episode.... OW.
Infinity Train is a five-day event thing like Over The Garden Wall, right? I think I'm going to wait until it's all out (which should be tonight) to then watch the whole thing at once.
Yep. I’ve been watching it as it airs, and the latest episode that aired yesterday REALLY HURT.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That comparison really had me excited until I realized you only meant its format. Boo.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Disappointed?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sleet wrote:That comparison really had me excited until I realized you only meant its format. Boo.
well I'd say its sort of a sci-fi variation on the same basic elements of Over The Garden Wall. Kid exploring a strange world, meeting new friends at least one of which is a talking animal. and a mystery to solve.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I haven’t seen Over the Garden Wall, so I can’t say how accurate it is to compare the two, but I can say this might be the first show where I yelled yes out loud because a robot went “doodle-ledoot.” It also has one of my favorite recent examples of dark humor.
”One-One, that thing wasn't your friend. ”
”Gasp! Goodness! Was it my mum? ”
”It was trying to hurt us.”
”...the question stands...”

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

NHWestoN wrote:Disappointed?
Yeah. I loved Over the Garden Wall so I thought you were comparing it to it in style!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Sleet wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:Disappointed?
Yeah. I loved Over the Garden Wall so I thought you were comparing it to it in style!
Well if you like shows about kids getting stuck in strange places and solving the mysteries of those places while a strange inhuman being stalks them, I think you’ll like Infinity Train!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Spent 3 days in Vermont to visit my grandparents and I have to admit they are NOT doing well at all and they hate where they are living now. My grandmother is in so much pain she can't get up and my grandfather shows open contempt to the nurse's at the retirement home. Not only that, but the place is a dump. Their room is small and their bathroom is SMALLER than an outhouse. Oh and its out of the way to get to since it is literally overlooking the border to Canada.

I'm worried that they aren't gonna recover but I didn't say anything because my aunt went crazy just trying to find a place to get them into since they needed a nursing home after my grandmother fractured her vertebra in a fall.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Gah. I’m sorry to hear that, Dayzee.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I, too, Dayzee. A couple of decades, we went through the nine circles of the Inferno to find a place for my father-in-law who was dementia and becoming increasingly hard to manage. We went through three places, each one assuring us they had no problems handling patients with outbursts. At the first outburst, each one of them sent him back to us. The fourth time, I basically told the Home that he was coming back into our house over my dead body (the missus wasn't home to hear that conversation). Well, befuddled, they sent him to a hospital which sent him to Dorothy Dix until they could find a place able to handle him (i.e. glorified warehousing but DD was overwhelmed). There, he contracted pneumonia and left us before he could be moved on.

The elder care situation in the country does not seemed to have improved much - not for elders, not for caretakers, not for much of anyone. Maybe I'm just channeling my dark side because I went to a friend's funeral this morning. Nuff'said…..
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am hoping that everything works out for them but at the same time I'm feeling they might be on their way out...
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Hope you at least get to say your goodbyes before they’re gone.
To change the mood from sad to surreal, Hasbro now owns Death Row Records, the company that produces artists like Tupac, Doctor Dre, and Snoop Dog. This means that, among other things, Hasbro can legally play Snoop Dog in the background of Power Rangers. The Red Ranger could be listening to Serial Killa as he goes through a training exercises, or the Yellow Ranger could listen to Gangsta Love during her morning run.
Or maybe Snoop will just sing the next seasons theme song. That’d be kinda neat.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would definitely watch the next season if Snoop (either Dogg or Lion) rapped/sang the theme song. LOL
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I would watch that, and I’m not even a Power Ranger fan.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Why just have one rapper being the creator of the theme song? Death Row Records has a lot of rappers. Why not use two or more? How about Snoop Dogg, Petey Pablo, Dr. Dre, Bow Wow, MC Hammer and Mark Morrison? 8-)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

… or Peppa Pig? Hasbro now owns that franchise, too.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well technically Peppa isn't a rapper but it would be amusing if Peppa sung the theme song or made a cameo in one of the shows owned by Hasbro.

In the meantime, fun fact. Hasbro is headquartered in the city I live in which is Pawtucket, RI. :mrgreen:
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Now I’m just waiting for the inevitable Avengers style movie where the Autobots, the Power Rangers and G.I. Joe team up with Rom Space Knight, Peppa Pig, and Snoop Dog to fight Unicron.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Okay, I'd see that. Probably through an alcohol-induced haze, but I'd go see it....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

In other news, I spent 2 hours at the hospital due to an excruciating headache that I couldn't get to go away which started in 1 in the morning and wouldn't let me sleep. The drugs that they gave me started working right away. How I wish I could have gotten them with an OTC prescription because I feel great now!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Sorry to hear you went through that, Dayzee. Glad the medicine worked. Did you find out whatever caused it to flare up?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Nope. It's probably gonna stay a mystery. I mean I get headaches a lot but nothing like that. It was so painful. My mother thought it was a migraine. I was very clammy and nauseous. At first my mother was afraid it was Triple E (Eastern equine encephalitis). The only other time I needed to go to the hospital was 3 years ago with the same symptoms.

Glad it wasn't Triple E as on the news a few minutes ago I heard that a woman somewhere in Massachusetts died from it. You get it from mosquito bites. :?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, the outbreak was in Methuen, Mass. Very not good.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

There have also been cases in Rhode Island but nothing that is fatal.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

It's getting worse - time for a good cold snap.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

To think that my mother is dreading the coming winter as well as the autumn.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I never liked winter, or summer, I much preferred fall and spring. A good freeze does help kill off mosquitoes, though I’ll say that for it.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, but I'll miss the butterflies. Been a lot this year.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I will miss them too. I am so shocked that there were so many.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

… and now the Wooley Bear caterpillars are out. Must be Autumn.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Technically we have 10 more days before autumn even starts so if that is the case, then they are very earlier and bad at telling time. :P
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Autumn is probably my favorite season, if only because of the apple cider donuts they make at a farm market near my house.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Over here we can only get that at a local Dunkin'. 8-)