2019/11/13 - Hold Me Close Don’t Ever Let Me Go

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2019/11/13 - Hold Me Close Don’t Ever Let Me Go

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that nothing is gonna happen but I'm just asking if there are enough shippers now for it to become a thing.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I just had a weird thought about the possible missing phone and keys. It would be funny if, when they finally meet Kitsune, he hands them over to Lois. "Where did you find these?" <Looks away> "It's kind of hard to explain...."
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I know that nothing is gonna happen but I'm just asking if there are enough shippers now for it to become a thing.
How many shippers does it need to be a "thing"? I ship them. I don't even care. If people can ship Fungo and Grapenut then I can ship this. Because I can. :P
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

fenrirblack wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I know that nothing is gonna happen but I'm just asking if there are enough shippers now for it to become a thing.
How many shippers does it need to be a "thing"? I ship them. I don't even care. If people can ship Fungo and Grapenut then I can ship this. Because I can. :P
Ditto.

Oh, Dog, we're agreeing... :)
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Ditto.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

While I'd like to see Poncho meet a nice girl, I wouldn't want it to be Lois. She and Marion seem pretty committed to each other, and I think they make a sweet couple.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

From one fox to another, agreed.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I can feel for Marion here. :(

what i'm wondering at this point though is if these two will give into some primal instincts like King did?
Last edited by GameCobra on Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I like Lois and Marion together as well. Maybe Poncho can get with Gale. I kind of like them together. Most of the wolves would be good additional role models for Pueblo. ( You might want to keep an eye on Jack, though.)
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I think he may have gotten over Gale. Before this arc, he was seen cuddled up to one of the zoo wolves. It was implied there that he had feelings for her, but knew they would be unrequited.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

You’re right, I forgot about the she-wolf. Poncho looked pretty happy with her last time we saw them together.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

trekkie wrote:You’re right, I forgot about the she-wolf. Poncho looked pretty happy with her last time we saw them together.
That always felt more forced. We don't know anything about them or if that relationship bore fruit. Poncho wanted a mate but he shouldn't have to settle for the only female wolf available in the tri-state area. IT was a relationship out of convenience. Whether or not there was mutual attraction is unknown.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Robotech_Master

Post by Robotech_Master »

fenrirblack wrote:
trekkie wrote:You’re right, I forgot about the she-wolf. Poncho looked pretty happy with her last time we saw them together.
That always felt more forced. We don't know anything about them or if that relationship bore fruit. Poncho wanted a mate but he shouldn't have to settle for the only female wolf available in the tri-state area. IT was a relationship out of convenience. Whether or not there was mutual attraction is unknown.
I never thought there was any kind of relationship there. Just Poncho taking advantage of the zoo's captive breeding program…
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

fenrirblack wrote:
It only takes one shipper, as long as that shipper is Kitsune.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think I have to answer to my previous question then. ;)
Cody

Post by Cody »

I have been shipping Loncho (Pois? :lol:) ever since Presto Chango :D
I'm caught in a life and I can't get out
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Considering what he was saying in that particular frame, I have a feeling he wasn't really after a deep relationship with her.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Macsen wrote:
Considering what he was saying in that particular frame, I have a feeling he wasn't really after a deep relationship with her.
... a passing fancy. ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sorry, I guess I was reading something there that wasn’t.

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

You know you're thinking about this comic too much when you dream about how it's all going to end.
And boy do I hope it doesn't go where my dreams went, because that was bizarre. It's all gone fuzzy on me, as dreams do, but I still remember a plot point about Marion getting stuck in somebody's boot and going around like the shoe goombas in Mario 3, and Lana getting kidnapped by a hawk - possibly the same one from that arc where Bino was trying to become an honorary wolf - followed by Keene somehow getting out of the comic into the real world to express his grievances to the readers for all the trouble they were causing. It got weird enough that even dreaming, I kept thinking to myself, "What is going on with this story?"
>.>
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Nobody wrote:You know you're thinking about this comic too much when you dream about how it's all going to end.
And boy do I hope it doesn't go where my dreams went, because that was bizarre. It's all gone fuzzy on me, as dreams do, but I still remember a plot point about Marion getting stuck in somebody's boot and going around like the shoe goombas in Mario 3, and Lana getting kidnapped by a hawk - possibly the same one from that arc where Bino was trying to become an honorary wolf - followed by Keene somehow getting out of the comic into the real world to express his grievances to the readers for all the trouble they were causing. It got weird enough that even dreaming, I kept thinking to myself, "What is going on with this story?"
>.>
Nobody knows... the troubled Keene's dream; Nobody knows what he does...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SammyWhiteFox

Post by SammyWhiteFox »

I haven't read Housepets! in a while and I hve a lot of questions.
What's happening in the comic right now? What is the ECP and who's involved? What is the goal of the ECP?
Can someone please give me a recap?

PS: I've just developed a theory that all the animals in the comic are tranformed humans. This explains why they can walk and talk. Most of the characters have forgotten their humanity and assume that they have been animals for their entire lives. I think the ECP may be behind this.
Formerly NeoWolf
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

SammyWhiteFox wrote:I haven't read Housepets! in a while and I hve a lot of questions.
What's happening in the comic right now? What is the ECP and who's involved? What is the goal of the ECP?

PS: I've just developed a theory that all the animals in the comic are tranformed humans. This explains why they can walk and talk. Most of the characters have forgotten their humanity and assume that they have been animals for their entire lives. I think the ECP may be behind this.
To sum up, the ECP is Keene's organization. It's goal is getting equal rights for animals - like PETA, but not evil. What's happening right now is two people have transformed into animals for some unknown reason and the fanbase is collectively going nuts over it.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

SammyWhiteFox wrote:I haven't read Housepets! in a while and I hve a lot of questions.

Except that we've traveled back in time in the comic, to 5000 BC, and animals walked and talked that far back. It's just a thing in this universe that is different than ours.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

To put it simply, in the HP! universe, animals were somehow able to continue development after they were done in our universe to become able to walk on 2 feet and talk.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

A moped is a very wise investment on Poncho’s part; it’s good to see him putting the paycheck he gets for working at the zoo part time to good use. I wonder if Miles has his own scooter, or if he carpools with any fellow teachers?

I love Marion’s expression in the third panel. It’s the right combination of slightly sassy and worried that matches his bits of sarcasm and passive-aggressiveness (“Well, forgive me, but...”) in which in which he’s wrapping his concerns his. Also, sass aside, it’s great to see Marion voicing his concerns right here and now. It’s much better than him bottling them up to explode out later.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Nobody wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
It only takes one shipper, as long as that shipper is Kitsune.
You'd have had to wait until after Lois transformed for this ship though, otherwise it would be zoophilia.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:To put it simply, in the HP! universe, animals were somehow able to continue development after they were done in our universe to become able to walk on 2 feet and talk.
I know you were trying to be simple, but I would describe it more like animals evolved differently compared to the real world. One can find supplementary material and Word of God that the animals are not all transformed humans.

Anything else you want to know, SammyWhiteFox?
The cape comes with the promotion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Ash Greytree wrote:A moped is a very wise investment on Poncho’s part; it’s good to see him putting the paycheck he gets for working at the zoo part time to good use. I wonder if Miles has his own scooter, or if he carpools with any fellow teachers?

I love Marion’s expression in the third panel. It’s the right combination of slightly sassy and worried that matches his bits of sarcasm and passive-aggressiveness (“Well, forgive me, but...”) in which in which he’s wrapping his concerns his. Also, sass aside, it’s great to see Marion voicing his concerns right here and now. It’s much better than him bottling them up to explode out later.
Of course, if he does, it will be a pretty small explosion....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It might be small but it will do a lot of damage.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

It will require a lot of laundry cleanser, I imagine...….
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Probably something stronger than that in this case. ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Nobody wrote:

To sum up, the ECP is Keene's organization. It's goal is getting equal rights for animals - like PETA, but not evil. What's happening right now is two people have transformed into animals for some unknown reason and the fanbase is collectively going nuts over it.

Actually, we pretty much go nuts over everything.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is ture. I believe we also went nuts over Keene and Breel baking cookies and Keene calling Breel "honey". ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:That is ture. I believe we also went nuts over Keene and Breel baking cookies and Keene calling Breel "honey". ;)

Well, it was about COOKIES!!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think more people went nuts over Keene calling Breel "honey". XP