2019/11/22 - Thats Good Enough For Me

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Nobody

Re: 2019/11/22 - Thats Good Enough For Me

Post by Nobody »

NHWestoN wrote:Given Rick's fondness for "planting a story seed" (like Sabrina's near drowning) so eventually that little devil's gonna pop up again - but maybe not for years.......
I'm not entirely sure on that, but didn't Rick plant that seed with "Two years from now" and then two years later in real time, the payoff happened?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yes that is what happened which is where he was going with this. Though he didn't actually say when we would see the demon again so as of now, it is an indefinite period of time.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

CunningFox wrote:Gotta love the subtle detail in Rick's art. There's hardly any difference in Lois' face between panels 2 and 3, but you can really see her change in expression.
I took the strip into an image editor and the only difference (other than migrating spots) is a shadow above her eye and more shadows on her bandana. It's amazing how so little can convey a furrowed brow and thus you can see she's really thinking about it.
Nobody wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:Given Rick's fondness for "planting a story seed" (like Sabrina's near drowning) so eventually that little devil's gonna pop up again - but maybe not for years.......
I'm not entirely sure on that, but didn't Rick plant that seed with "Two years from now" and then two years later in real time, the payoff happened?
The prophecy was for three years after August 18, 2010, but the payoff wasn't until November 8, 2013 so forumites were thinking her (almost)drowning was imminent for three months.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Champion Wallace wrote:
CunningFox wrote:Gotta love the subtle detail in Rick's art. There's hardly any difference in Lois' face between panels 2 and 3, but you can really see her change in expression.
I took the strip into an image editor and the only difference (other than migrating spots) is a shadow above her eye and more shadows on her bandana. It's amazing how so little can convey a furrowed brow and thus you can see she's really thinking about it.
Nobody wrote:
The prophecy was for three years after August 18, 2010, but the payoff wasn't until November 8, 2013 so forumites were thinking her (almost)drowning was imminent for three months.
Awesome.
Dumplingsushi

Post by Dumplingsushi »

Marion: "Only if they have chopped dates."
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rick plans ahead, he do. Must have a LOT of post-ups on his wall.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Either that or he has a very great memory on him and know where he wants the stories to go.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

NHWestoN wrote:Rick plans ahead, he do. Must have a LOT of post-ups on his wall.
I love a good brick joke, and the fact that he set it up to go off at a specific point in time and then actually remembered to do it is amazing to me. I would totally have forgotten by that point, post-it notes or not.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It is one of the reasons that Rick is the best. :)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I recall him once saying that regarding the drowning thing, it was something people wouldn't let him forget. I know, I asked about it, too. :roll:
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Breel is so adorable and friendly. I love him. :3

Also I love the NSP reference in the alt text.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Breel is a sweetheart, isn’t he?
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:Breel is a sweetheart, isn’t he?
That he is! Oddly, just in this strip alone, he reminds me a bit of Grammeowster Chef from Monster Hunter World.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

D-Rock wrote:I recall him once saying that regarding the drowning thing, it was something people wouldn't let him forget. I know, I asked about it, too. :roll:
Tarot won't let it be forgotten, either! ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

To be honest, I think the raging masses online were more of the problem for Rick then Tarot. 8-)