HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

Piper swears and rolls Kryo into the recovery position before passing Rudder her phone again.
"Rudder, get your mother here fast." she instructs, searching Kryo's collar and jacket pockets for contact details of his owner and for any evidence of what he might have been going to say.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

WeirdGamer wrote: "Yes I do, and yes...I am," replies Lucky as he pulls his phone out from his collar.
Maybe you should get a lucky rabbits foot!
Oreo says in deadpan.
WeirdGamer wrote:Hearing this, Lucky lets out a mirthless laugh. "That'll be the day..." Soon, he is on the phone with the vet.--------------
What?? you don't want to be lucky?
Misquoting from lucky said.
Hlaoroo wrote:Piper swears and rolls Kryo into the recovery position before passing Rudder her phone again.
"Rudder, get your mother here fast." she instructs, searching Kryo's collar and jacket pockets for contact details of his owner and for any evidence of what he might have been going to say.
Hey! what are you doing? STOP trying to rob the doggie!!
Pouncing upon the rabbit.
It's his stuff!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ack," Chip cried as Oreo 'pounced' on Piper and, by extension, herself. "Gerroff, Oreo," she called from between the two, muffled by both their furs and bodies.
Leslie, meanwhile, put his handpaw on Oreo's shoulder. "Is OK," he said, "Miz Piper just kneads his deetails for the vet. Mistur Leroy tells Aron alwaes to carri a card for that."
--------------------------
"You know how dangerous those things are in the wrong paws, Simon," Nola admonished. "Plus," she added, getting him one of the special drinking bowl mugs, "I don't think Sally would like it. Big and ugly saved her life today." She poured water into the mug and offered it to him.
---------------------
Juniper sat Olivia on the bed and scooched beside her, keeping her arm on the babe's shoulders. "If your dad wants to stay here," she said, "I'l do all I can to help but, if he decides to head to Flash's cave?" she tapped Olivia on the bridge of her muzzle, "there's lots of my friends there who'll help." She kissed the little mouse on an ear after aiming for the forehead. "We'll never be as good as your Mommy, but you'll be loved, here or there."
--------------------
"I'll, um, let Ed think for a moment first, Flash," Sally said, heading across t the door, which she opened so she could hug Deus's leg.
"I have a LOT to thank you for," Thomas said, approaching the Bear.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Aww. Well, I still think it's awesome! I'll have to make you something in return!" Flynn enthuses, kissing his vixen on the muzzle.
"So... I suppose we'd better rejoin the others..."
Nadia blushed and kissed back "Yeah I guess we should"
WeirdGamer wrote: Ryyn nods. "I'd be up for TV!"
"Sure" Josh replied, turning on the TV
"Now that I think about it we don't use the TV often..." he mused
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn climbs to his feetpaws and turns to offer Nadia a paw when something catches his eye on the shelf behind her.
"Say, honey, if it's not rude to ask, what are the scrolls on the shelf? Most people have books rather than scrolls these days."

~~~~
Piper yelps loudly and bites back a swear word, feeling something snap as Oreo crashes into her and slams her into the ground. All she can do is whimper and clutch at her side as she waits for the waves of pain and nausea to subside. Her fractured rib is now well and truly broken.

~~~~
"Spoilsport." Simon complains, poking his tongue out at Nola as he accepts the bowl.
"But I take your point." he grudgingly admits, "I know how dangerous they are in the right paws too..."

~~~~
Olivia hugs the bigger mouse tightly.
"Thanks, Miss Jumiper."

~~~~
"W-what's there to think about?" Ed asks uncertainly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I think" Thomas told Ed whilst he waited for Deus, "Sally is saying you can either go with Deus here and live with a lot of other Mice in a cave or," he sighed, "you can stay here. Less Mice but warmth inside and no need to forage."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Before you decide," Flash said, "If you stay here, you will be permanently living with a cat and a fox, both of whom are active hunters, and aren't going to tone down the hunting just because there's mouse pups around. There are no predators at the colony."

(Will reply with Deus later)
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Nola was about to say something when she heard Flash speak in the other room. "Excuse me a moment, Simon," she said, getting up. "Back in a moment." She stepped into the other room. "Speedy, when I say they're safe here, I mean it. Don't call me a liar - or even imply it. Your girlfriend's been safe here for weeks, after all. Oh, hey, big guy," she added, pretending she hadn't seen the enormous Bear. "Thanks for protecting my Sally."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'll, um, let Ed think for a moment first, Flash," Sally said, heading across t the door, which she opened so she could hug Deus's leg.
"I have a LOT to thank you for," Thomas said, approaching the Bear.
Deus waved a massive paw in front of him. "No. I sorry. I leave Sally alone for moment, then she attacked. I supposed watch more carefully. I not know lions in my territory." he apologized.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Nola was about to say something when she heard Flash speak in the other room. "Excuse me a moment, Simon," she said, getting up. "Back in a moment." She stepped into the other room. "Speedy, when I say they're safe here, I mean it. Don't call me a liar - or even imply it. Your girlfriend's been safe here for weeks, after all. Oh, hey, big guy," she added, pretending she hadn't seen the enormous Bear. "Thanks for protecting my Sally."
"I didn't say you would hurt them. Not directly, at least." Flash said. "I believe you when you say you won't hunt them. But unless you plan on giving up hunting mice altogether, living here means they'll have to be OK living with something that regularly kills and eats their kin."

Flash shook his head and shrugged. "Ultimately, it's up to Ed, and the important thing is what environment is best for the kids," He said. "Either place will be safe. It's warm here, and you'll be taken care of by the humans if you stay, but that means the risk of Olivia and Harry witnessing two predators in the act of hunting, or at the very least they grow up around things that consider our kind to be food. Even though Nola and Simon won't hurt any of you, and even if Nola was somehow polite enough to hide her senseless killing from the kids, I don't expect Simon to be as covert about his hunting, and I don't know how that will impact the kids' minds."

"On the other hand..."
Flash continued, "If you decide to go with Deus and live in the cave with the colony, winters might be a bit harder and the accommodations aren't as good. But the kids will grow up around equals who will treat them as equals."

"You. Have. Time." Deus said to Ed, making sure to speak slowly to ensure he got all of the words out. "You. Don't. Need. To. Decide. Today... You. Can. Stay. For. A. While. And. Decide. Where. You. Would. Like. To. Live... I. Will. Be. Around. To. Visit. And. Help. Where. I. Can."

Flash looked at Deus. He considered the bear's words for a bit, then shrugged. Flash looked over to Thomas and addressed him. "Hey, you wouldn't by any chance know of a place that could use a grizzly bear's strength, would you?"
-Champion Motto

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ack," Chip cried as Oreo 'pounced' on Piper and, by extension, herself. "Gerroff, Oreo," she called from between the two, muffled by both their furs and bodies.
Leslie, meanwhile, put his handpaw on Oreo's shoulder. "Is OK," he said, "Miz Piper just kneads his deetails for the vet. Mistur Leroy tells Aron alwaes to carri a card for that."

Are you sure this is not just the way domestic prey species take advantage of injured predators??
Letting the kitten pull him off from the fur pile... not glad that he didn't lead with his teeth as a true predator should have.. But then again if he was a better predator, he wouldn't have needed to become a pet to survive.
Hlaoroo wrote: Piper yelps loudly and bites back a swear word, feeling something snap as Oreo crashes into her and slams her into the ground. All she can do is whimper and clutch at her side as she waits for the waves of pain and nausea to subside.

Oreo backs farther away, fighting back urges to go after wounded prey..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oreo, you..." Chip bit back whatever remark she was about to make and swallowed. "Never mind. Lucky, make that an emergency call, would you? Piper, stay with us but try not to move." She lessened the pressure by hopping off Piper to the ground.
-----------
Leslie guided his friend over to the swings to sit. "Yew were treyeing tew help," he said consolingly.
----------
"You could always try the Fire Department," Thomas suggested as Nola headed back to Simon, "I'm sure they'd appreciate a strong Bear."
"Now," Nola said, sitting back down next to the Tod, "anything you want to talk about for a few minutes, Simon?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Serence Frostbite wrote: Ryyn nods. "I'd be up for TV!"
"Sure" Josh replied, turning on the TV
"Now that I think about it we don't use the TV often..." he mused[/quote]

"Well, a lot of people use their phones or computers now," notes Ryyn.
--------------------
Lucky watches in horror was Piper goes down. "Better make that one more pet," he says to the vet. He runs over to the prone rabbit and kneels down besides her. "Are you okay, Piper?! I mean, obviously not, but..." For now he chose to ignore the cause of her injury.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Leslie guided his friend over to the swings to sit. "Yew were treyeing tew help," he said consolingly.
----------
I'm going to be in trouble now, arn't i? Who know prey animals were so fragile?
The humans are going to Lock me away in a cage! or dump me out in the woods, miles and miles away from here now.
once they find out the wild pet isn't tame enough....
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Dowt it," Leslie said, whilst swinging slightly and thinking of the vases he'd broken over the last few weeks. "Mistur Leroy says akcidents happen and we lern from them. But yew must apologyze wen yew can."
Chip, for her part, glanced his way and sighed as Leslie put his hand on Oreo's shoulder. "I'll talk to him later," she decided, taking a moment to check she'd not been hurt before fussing over Piper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote:Flynn climbs to his feetpaws and turns to offer Nadia a paw when something catches his eye on the shelf behind her.
"Say, honey, if it's not rude to ask, what are the scrolls on the shelf? Most people have books rather than scrolls these days."
"Ah, yeah" Nadia replied "They're from the search party I traveled with before I met Josh. Books take time and resources to make that we don't have most of the time, so we use those instead."
WeirdGamer wrote: "Well, a lot of people use their phones or computers now," notes Ryyn.
"yeah I guesss that's true" Josh chuckled "Do you guys use the computer a lot ?"
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Hlaoroo wrote: Piper yelps loudly and bites back a swear word, feeling something snap as Oreo crashes into her and slams her into the ground. All she can do is whimper and clutch at her side as she waits for the waves of pain and nausea to subside. Her fractured rib is now well and truly broken.
Sunny however, couldn't help but notice all the animals around getting hurt, he looked to his new friend Piper, and then back at Kryo, now knowing there was no way he was leaving his new found friends behind.

"Piper? Hey you okay?! What's wrong?" There was a clear hint of worry and concern on the pups voice. Luna however, had moved towards the rabbit as well.

"Well if we didn't need to go the vet before, we're definitely going now..." Luna said as she gave a small facepaw. She knew accidents of course happened, but Kryo, and now this?
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

The psychologist sits peaceably at the dinner table, tapping the eraser of his pencil against the paper in front of him. Brian, as a heavyset man in a t-shirt and sweatpants, doesn't give off a particularly professional air, and he's perfectly fine with this. After a few moments of tapping and waiting, the scrawny engineer Anthony steps out of the bathroom, toweling off his hair as he sits at the table in just cargo shorts. He throws the towel back in the bathroom and turns to face Brian, who then begins to speak.
"Uther gave her as best a test as he could over the phone. She was trusted to self-report any pain or aches, and Uther said that everything she reported is to be expected from a drug-induced hibernation. We should avoid giving her any sort of pain relief or other medication without calling her first though, just to be safe."
"So all's clear physically, no atrophy, breathing problems, nothing?"
"No. So that's good. Next, Sumia gave her the equivalent of a semester review, to make sure she was still recalling all she's learned. Sumia said she took a little longer than she normally did, but that it wasn't anything worrying since they hadn't studied for two days." Brian then picks up the paper in front of him, laying the pencil on the table. Anthony eyes the paper suspiciously as if expecting bad news, fidgeting with his hands as he waits for Brian to start again.
"Finally, the psych evaluation. Making sure everything else is working with encryption, word association, instincts, behavior, long-term planning..." He moves his grip down the paper as he reads the categories, slowly quieting into a mumble of all the categories before speaking aloud again."It's pretty much what Uther figured. You said she'd been becoming more lucid as you were unpacking, and the most recent test shows she's running at about 90% of her normal... I hesitate to say intelligence, but normal ability, if that makes sense.
"Great! For a two-day nap, that sort of recovery in only an hour or two is incredible!" Anthony's joy is apparent, a pleased smile on his face.
"It's a little slower than predicted. Anyway, she's fine everywhere but a little issue with long-term planning, and... this one doesn't really have a term, but wolfiness, I suppose? Brian looks up at Anthony to find his puzzlement splayed across his face. "I'll explain later, just stay with me. Knowing this, do you still want her to go around the neighborhood and meet the other pets?"
"Well, as long as she's okay with it, sure. 90% is better than my average performance." Anthony laughs at his own joke, and Brian smiles, shaking his head. Brian then points back over his shoulder, out the window.
"Good, because she left while you were in the shower."
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Cala smiles broadly as she crosses Maple Drive, heading towards the commotion in the park. She's quickly thrown on both her collar and a red visor as she dashed out the house, only having been told to leave her prop glaive behind as Brian caught her sneaking out. She breathes deeply, inhaling the scents of Ivy Park and the fumes of the road as she lightly jogs on her way. Her loss of "wolfishness" means she's not quite aware of how threatening she is as a fully-grown predator, nearly human height, with gleaming teeth on display for the crowd she's approaching. She hums to herself as she jogs over, Gusty Garden Galaxy, to quietly express her excitement over the new world she's finally reached.
Last edited by DdeeStar on Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: Senka set the spoon down in the bowl nestled in her other paw, using the free hand to gently scratch the side of her cheek. "One of them attacked a kid, and that's not a really good look and... I don't know what to tell my brother to make him stop worrying... And Cass.
I don't... I don't know what to do..."
She slumped her shoulders.
Kandi pats Senka on the shoulder..
Your not wanting to adopt them and have them living with us are you?

Don't worry, i'll go talk with him.. But remember the personal here are the wildlife rehabers. an they get to decide what happens to them.

Kandi sneaks back into the cage room with Chris.
Hows the show kiddo?
What do you think about us hoomans?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Or...," Leslie added, glancing at the approaching Wolf and adding two and two to make seventeen, "yew cud join me n dewingsumfing silly." So saying, the Kitten slid off the swing and moved to stand between the Wolf and Piper, hoping his Skunk friend would join him. He tried a fierce look - that probably looked comical - and put his little claws out. "Cant let yew hurt hur," he said, hopelessly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Keeshah wrote:Kandi sneaks back into the cage room with Chris.
Hows the show kiddo?
Chris pulled his eyes away from the sitcom he was watching and looked at Kandi. "Oh... Uh..." he hesitated, then cringed in pain and looked at the TV again. "Ow... Sorry... kind of hurts to move..." He said. "I don't really get the jokes in this show. I guess I just don't have the... experience... ow." He leaned back and whimpered. "Ever have a bear... ow... smack you with a tree? I think the painkillers are wearing off..." He drew a long, somewhat painful breath. "I never had anything against humans... I never really cared. Leave you guys alone, you do the same for the most part."

-----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You could always try the Fire Department," Thomas suggested as Nola headed back to Simon, "I'm sure they'd appreciate a strong Bear."
"Now," Nola said, sitting back down next to the Tod, "anything you want to talk about for a few minutes, Simon?"
"Yeah, that could work." Flash said. He looked over at Deus and was surprised to find he was shaking his head.

"Have interview with bar today. Applied for bouncer role." Deus said.

"Oh yeah... I forgot you mentioned that..."
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Or...," Leslie added, glancing at the approaching Wolf and adding two and two to make seventeen, "yew cud join me n dewingsumfing silly." So saying, the Kitten slid off the swing and moved to stand between the Wolf and Piper, hoping his Skunk friend would join him. He tried a fierce look - that probably looked comical - and put his little claws out. "Cant let yew hurt hur," he said, hopelessly.
Cala stops short upon the kitten's intrusion, brining both paws up to her face to cover her smile as she quickly scans him from bottom to top. "Oh, wow. You're adorable. Look at you! Scrawny little guy, protecting his friends from strangers, that's so cute! I'm not here to hurt anyone though, I promise." She then turns her attention to his attempted threat. "Love the little rar though." She imitates his stance with her own claws, giggling lightly. "So brave." After that, she seems to notice and begins examining her claws, the smile traded for a slightly confused fascination as she turns all attention to playing with her own claws, brandishing them within her personal space.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Piper slowly and painfully tries to sit again.
"Rib was...Already fractured. Oreo-Ow... Made it worse, Sunny." she manages to gasp out, clutching her side.
"Can still breathe so... Not too bad, I think... Just painful. Ow." she tries to reassure the pets, breathing shallowly.
"You. Okay. Chip?"

~~~~
"Ah... That makes sense." Flynn nods, curiosity sated for now. He's too polite to ask to read what he believes to be a diary of a sort.
"Let's go then. The others will be wondering." he encourages, taking Nadia's paw and leading her towards the stairs.

~~~~
After a few minutes of deep thought, it's Flash's arguments that eventually sway Ed.
"... Thank you, um, humans, for the kind offer but... I just can't risk it. I can't risk raising my kids to think predators or humans are safe. Um, no offence. And I can't risk them seeing any hunting. I... I couldn't handle seeing that again myself either... Not after Pippa..."

~~~~
Simon shrugs.
"Dunno. I feel like there's something you want to say though."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

CyberDragon wrote: Chris pulled his eyes away from the sitcom he was watching and looked at Kandi. "Oh... Uh..." he hesitated, then cringed in pain and looked at the TV again. "Ow... Sorry... kind of hurts to move..." He said. "I don't really get the jokes in this show. I guess I just don't have the... experience... ow." He leaned back and whimpered. "Ever have a bear... ow... smack you with a tree? I think the painkillers are wearing off..." He drew a long, somewhat painful breath. "I never had anything against humans... I never really cared. Leave you guys alone, you do the same for the most part."
I guess the better question is, could you see yourself living quietly in town with your human?
-----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Or...," Leslie added, glancing at the approaching Wolf and adding two and two to make seventeen, "yew cud join me n dewingsumfing silly." So saying, the Kitten slid off the swing and moved to stand between the Wolf and Piper, hoping his Skunk friend would join him. He tried a fierce look - that probably looked comical - and put his little claws out. "Cant let yew hurt hur," he said, hopelessly.

Oreo had already turned an bolted from the wolf.. an was scampering away as fast as is lil legs could carry him.
Hlaoroo wrote:Piper slowly and painfully tries to sit again.
"Rib was...Already fractured. Oreo-Ow... Made it worse, Sunny." she manages to gasp out, clutching her side.
"Can still breathe so... Not too bad, I think... Just painful. Ow." she tries to reassure the pets, breathing shallowly.
"You. Okay. Chip?"

As Oreo dashes past..
Time to run! there is a wolf coming to eat you!!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Thomas said, "you're welcome to visit at any time, Ed. And I figure Juniper will be visiting the caves quite often too," he added as Juniper brought Olivia back out to the front of the Doll House.
"Absolutely, positively," the blind Mouse said. "Olivia, the really big fellow is Deus. He's friendly. And so big some say he can blot out the sun. But I've never seen him do it," she added craftily.
------------------
"How'd you mean," Nola asked, nibbling on a snack.
-----------------
Leslie looked a bit confused as Oreo ran away and the Wolf gave the impression of being interested in her own claws. He put his claws away for a moment and thumbed in Oreo's direction. "Wasunt eggspecting that," he confessed sheepishly.
----------------
"Yep, Piper," Chip said brightly, "although I'll be tasting that scent you put on all week." After Oreo ran past, Chip looked around for the promised Wolf and saw Cala. "Never rains but it pours, does it?" She looked the newcomer up and down. "I think she's OK. She does have a collar on." Still, the urge to run was strong...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Leslie looked a bit confused as Oreo ran away and the Wolf gave the impression of being interested in her own claws. He put his claws away for a moment and thumbed in Oreo's direction. "Wasunt eggspecting that," he confessed sheepishly.
Keeshah wrote:Oreo had already turned an bolted from the wolf.. an was scampering away as fast as is lil legs could carry him.
Cala's attention shifts back at the kitten's next line, and she rubs the back of her head with her paw as she responds."Ah, right. I'm kinda imposing, aren't I?" She puts both paws up in mock surrender, with an exaggerated smile. "Really though, I mean no harm! I'm just trying to meet people, and, well, you guys sound like you could use some help." Cala looks past Leslie, noticing first the movement of the quickly escaping skunk, and she seems genuinely saddened by this. "I scared someone off already? Not a great start..." She drops her stance and turns her head away, holding one hand in the other, ashamed.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie sighed. "The Mowse says to trust yew," he said, nodding towards Chip and the others. He looked wary but slowly held out a handpaw. "Eye'm Leslie," he said.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie sighed. "The Mowse says to trust yew," he said, nodding towards Chip and the others. He looked wary but slowly held out a handpaw. "Eye'm Leslie," he said.
Anthony releases his death grip on the windowsill, dropping to the floor with a short burst of laughter. "Oh, thank the stars. It's alright. She's okay. Brian shakes his head at Anthony's theatrics, going into the living room and grabbing a shirt from one of the cardboard boxes. He throws it lightly to him, and Anthony quickly puts it on, despite it being inside-out.
"I wouldn't have let her go out if I thought she'd be harmed. She's honestly probably in the best state possible to meet others, what with her sedation."
Anthony looks up at Brian curiously."The wolfiness thing, I assume."
"Yes. It's hard to really define, but for the next hour or so, she pretty much is going to act like a human. More than usual."
"So she's forgotten she's a wolf? That seems really dangerous."
Brian shakes his head, beginning to unpack the rest of Anthony's clothes and place them in piles on the couch. "She's just not really... factoring it in. She remembers, if asked, but I asked her what she wants from Cookout and she said she wanted a milkshake. Chocolate." He pauses to look Anthony in the eye, checking to make sure he sees the inherent problem. Anthony nods."My theory is that it's because she was raised around us, and since she woke up surrounded by humans once again after undergoing the closest we get to a hard reset, she's running on her default, which is human. Therefore, playing with other pets should help her recover faster, ideally. Plus, with the lack of 'I'm a wolf this is what wolves do' justification for her instincts, she'll ignore them just like any other random urge." Brian gestures towards Cala out the window, and Anthony smiles happily, moving to join him in unpacking.
"Well... thanks, then. Good to see you do watch out for her. Sorry to freak out like that, I'm just... worried for her." Anthony stops to look over at Brian, who wears a small smile. He goes back to unpacking, positivity radiating once more.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Cala quickly grabs Leslie's handpaw, shaking it vigorously with a gleaming grin. "Thank you so much! I promise you all won't regret it!" She drops his handpaw and brings her right up to her face, giving a two-finger salute diagonally out as she leans back on her left leg to strike a quick pose. "Cahalith Wilson, former leader of the Lunar Lancer pack of Charlotte NC!" She proclaims this proudly, then drops the pose immediately and steps to the side to find who Leslie's nod was directed toward. "So... who's Mouse?"
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Huh," Leslie asked, looking confused before the last bit. "oh, that's Chip.". He pointed to the little Mouse in the pink jacket. "She's a bit dum, evun for a Mouse..."
"Rude," Chip complained.
"Miss Piper's the hurted Buny, Lucky's the ofur, Loona's the Cat, Sonni the Dog, Oreo my bestest frend and..." he tried to work out if he'd missed anyone.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Keeshah wrote:I guess the better question is, could you see yourself living quietly in town with your human?
Chris leaned back, staring at the ceiling. He closed his eyes, sighing and thinking about his answer. He was never good at deciding things for himself. Kassandra was the one who always the one calling all of the shots. But now, he couldn't rely on her anymore. If he was completely honest, as much as he didn't want to blame her for her desire to keep them alive, she nearly got them both killed in the process. She wasn't here, so he had to decide for himself. Maybe his decision might actually be the right one.

"...I think so. Even if it's just by necessity. We won't survive in the wild; we're lousy hunters. I think I can get along with a human... caretaker. I won't call them an owner. I do have some dignity, after all. Precious little of it, but it's there." He replied. "I worry about Kass though. She... isn't a fan of humans."

------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:After a few minutes of deep thought, it's Flash's arguments that eventually sway Ed.
"... Thank you, um, humans, for the kind offer but... I just can't risk it. I can't risk raising my kids to think predators or humans are safe. Um, no offence. And I can't risk them seeing any hunting. I... I couldn't handle seeing that again myself either... Not after Pippa..."
Flash nodded. "Guess it's decided then." He looked over to Sally. "Could you please carry Ed, Olivia, and Harry over to Deus please, Sally?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Thomas said, "you're welcome to visit at any time, Ed. And I figure Juniper will be visiting the caves quite often too," he added as Juniper brought Olivia back out to the front of the Doll House.
"Absolutely, positively," the blind Mouse said. "Olivia, the really big fellow is Deus. He's friendly. And so big some say he can blot out the sun. But I've never seen him do it," she added craftily.
Deus was indeed large enough to cast most things into shadow. He had a number of visible scars, including what looked like bite marks and bullet holes, showing signs of his harsh life of things trying to kill him and failing miserably. Deus sat down outside of the door, making himself somewhat less imposing, but still like a mountain compared to everyone else there. He simply sat and waited to either be addressed, or for someone to bring the mice he was supposed to escort to him.
-Champion Motto

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

CyberDragon wrote: "...I think so. Even if it's just by necessity. We won't survive in the wild; we're lousy hunters. I think I can get along with a human... caretaker. I won't call them an owner. I do have some dignity, after all. Precious little of it, but it's there." He replied. "I worry about Kass though. She... isn't a fan of humans."

Well now that's strange. Senka isn't shy at all about calling me her owner.
Or her human! when she is feeling possessive of me.

Do you realize that you two are most likely not going to be rehomed together.
You might find a human to take you in, while she ends up living at the Zoo.

------------------------

Oreo pants pants pants! hidden deep in a bush.
Wondering why the rest of the pets are not running from the apex predator..
These domestic pets are too trusting for there own safety.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:Put an ad in the paper. two pumas up for adoption, to a good home with plenty of time, money, and space.
Act now before the Xmas rush..
"Har har... But seriously! I need your help!"
Keeshah wrote: Your not wanting to adopt them and have them living with us are you?
"Umm..." The thought of going back to living with those two... brats seemed to make the cat pause, maybe even freeze. Enough for the vet to continue speaking as a serious of expressions flashed through the cougar's face.
Keeshah wrote:Don't worry, i'll go talk with him.. But remember the personal here are the wildlife rehabers. an they get to decide what happens to them.

Kandi sneaks back into the cage room with Chris.
Hows the show kiddo?
CyberDragon wrote: "...I think so. Even if it's just by necessity. We won't survive in the wild; we're lousy hunters. I think I can get along with a human... caretaker. I won't call them an owner. I do have some dignity, after all. Precious little of it, but it's there." He replied. "I worry about Kass though. She... isn't a fan of humans."
Keeshah wrote:Well now that's strange. Senka isn't shy at all about calling me her owner.

Listening to the two talk in the other room Senka poked her head in, "Yeah... dignity is a relative concept when you're around.." Senka glanced over at Kandi. "Certain... people. Though to be fair, getting spoon-fed mashed up catfood by your hunter-turned-ranger sister kinda knocks a few points off the top.". She smirks at her brother.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Keeshah wrote:Well now that's strange. Senka isn't shy at all about calling me her owner.

Chris kept his eyes closed and his face pointed toward the ceiling. Despite his best efforts, however, the fur on his cheeks was growing damp from tears. "I... I want us together. I want us together so much... She's always looked after me," he said, his voice choking slightly. "But... I want us safe and alive more." He turned his head and opened his bloodshot eyes to look at Kandi. "She'll never accept the zoo. She'll never be happy confined in an enclosure."
Roarin wrote:Listening to the two talk in the other room Senka poked her head in, "Yeah... dignity is a relative concept when you're around.." Senka glanced over at Kandi. "Certain... people. Though to be fair, getting spoon-fed mashed up catfood by your hunter-turned-ranger sister kinda knocks a few points off the top.". She smirks at her brother.
Chris looked over at Senka. As his sister spoke, he managed to crack a smile. "Don't make me laugh..." he said. "No, really... everything hurts. I don't want to make it worse. But yeah, you caught me. I've got no dignity left. At least I was sane enough to try and run from the bear, so... I might not have dignity, but at least I have a... semi functional mind. Had such a low month, I'll count that... as a win."
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Huh," Leslie asked, looking confused before the last bit. "oh, that's Chip.". He pointed to the little Mouse in the pink jacket. "She's a bit dum, evun for a Mouse..."
"Rude," Chip complained.
"Miss Piper's the hurted Buny, Lucky's the ofur, Loona's the Cat, Sonni the Dog, Oreo my bestest frend and..." he tried to work out if he'd missed anyone.
Cala, noting the casual drift, crosses her arms. She begins to mutter to herself, eyes closed, as she tries to both parse the information and retain it. "Oreo, Sonny Dog, Luna Cat naturally, no rest for the wicked, Lucky, Piper hurted..." She snaps back to focus, dropping her arms to her sides. "Wait, someone's hurt? Should I go get some medical supplies?" She sidesteps Leslie to look for the injured party, and upon finding both a rabbit cradling her side and an unconscious Husky she reels back, a surprised yip escaping her. She shakes her head quickly, dropping into a commander-like stance and speaking with an assertive tone as she addresses the situation. "Is someone already getting a medic here? If there's no one on the way, Anthony can transport whoever needs immediate attention as long as someone knows where you need to go. Car's across the street, we can bring it over and carry them if they're out cold." She gives a vague wave towards Kryo, watching Piper's movements as she breathes carefully. Her eyes flit along the area, checking each bystander for obvious injuries as she speaks.
Last edited by DdeeStar on Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All the characters!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

CyberDragon wrote: Chris kept his eyes closed and his face pointed toward the ceiling. Despite his best efforts, however, the fur on his cheeks was growing damp from tears. "I... I want us together. I want us together so much... She's always looked after me," he said, his voice choking slightly. "But... I want us safe and alive more." He turned his head and opened his bloodshot eyes to look at Kandi. "She'll never accept the zoo. She'll never be happy confined in an enclosure."
Look, she will be safer in the Zoo.
If she does manage to get to be a pet, she will be red tagged as a dangerous.
One little slip up, one getting into a scruffle, an they will put her to sleep forever.

Roarin wrote:Listening to the two talk in the other room Senka poked her head in, "Yeah... dignity is a relative concept when you're around.." Senka glanced over at Kandi.
Oh? So now you do want your fur dyed hot pink?? HoneyPie Evil smile..
Roarin wrote:"Certain... people. Though to be fair, getting spoon-fed mashed up catfood by your hunter-turned-ranger sister kinda knocks a few points off the top.". She smirks at her brother.
CyberDragon wrote:Chris looked over at Senka. As his sister spoke, he managed to crack a smile. "Don't make me laugh..." he said. "No, really... everything hurts. I don't want to make it worse. But yeah, you caught me. I've got no dignity left. At least I was sane enough to try and run from the bear, so... I might not have dignity, but at least I have a... semi functional mind. Had such a low month, I'll count that... as a win."
well you survived to be humiliated another day so far..
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

DdeeStar wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Miss Piper's the hurted Buny, Lucky's the ofur, Loona's the Cat, Sonni the Dog, Oreo my bestest frend and..." he tried to work out if he'd missed anyone.
Cala, noting the casual drift, crosses her arms. She begins to mutter to herself, eyes closed, as she tries to both parse the information and retain it. "Oreo, Sonny Dog, Luna Cat naturally, no rest for the wicked, Lucky, Piper hurted..." She snaps back to focus, dropping her arms to her sides. "Wait, someone's hurt? Should I go get some medical supplies?" She sidesteps Leslie to look for the injured party, and upon finding both a rabbit cradling her side and an unconscious Husky she reels back, a surprised yip escaping her. She shakes her head quickly, dropping into a commander-like stance and speaking with an assertive tone as she addresses the situation. "Is someone already getting a medic here? If there's no one on the way, Anthony can transport whoever needs immediate attention as long as someone knows where you need to go. Car's across the street, we can bring it over and carry them if they're out cold." She gives a vague wave towards Kryo, watching Piper's movements as she breathes carefully. Her eyes flit along the area, checking each bystander for obvious injuries as she speaks.

Sunny, the golden labrador who had been right next to Piper during all of this started to panic. "Yeah, first the Husky and now my friend, Piper. I don't know why all my friends are getting hurt all of a sudden! I'd need help if we wanna get them to the vet..." Moonbeam aside, the labrador was started to worry for his other friends safety and having noticed he hadn't even properly introduced himself as he looked at Cala up and down.

"Uh I mean uhm, I'm Sunny...can you help me uhm...help my friends?" He asked kinda bashfully.

Luna walks over to Cala as she introduces herself. "It's been a long day for us yeah..." She placed a calming though albeit a protective paw on Sunny's shoulder.

"Who knew tag could be so dangerous? I'm just glad you're here to help. Let me see if I can help you get the Husky or at least make sure Piper makes it to the car." The Blue Russian said.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Sunny, the golden labrador who had been right next to Piper during all of this started to panic. "Yeah, first the Husky and now my friend, Piper. I don't know why all my friends are getting hurt all of a sudden! I'd need help if we wanna get them to the vet..." Moonbeam aside, the labrador was started to worry for his other friends safety and having noticed he hadn't even properly introduced himself as he looked at Cala up and down.

"Uh I mean uhm, I'm Sunny...can you help me uhm...help my friends?" He asked kinda bashfully.

Luna walks over to Cala as she introduces herself. "It's been a long day for us yeah..." She placed a calming though albeit a protective paw on Sunny's shoulder.

"Who knew tag could be so dangerous? I'm just glad you're here to help. Let me see if I can help you get the Husky or at least make sure Piper makes it to the car." The Blue Russian said.
"I-We shouldn't move them if we can avoid it. If no one's called EMS yet, you two can go make house 26 do it." The line is concluded with a small nod, as her attention is clearly elsewhere. She steps around them, dropping to her knees by the fallen Husky and holding her head sideways just above his chest to listen for breathing. She pops back up, glancing at Piper briefly. "Don't take this personally, but you've already got someone fretting over you, so..." She turns back to Kryo, spending a moment scenting for blood before she stops cold, an evil smile on her face. She calls over her shoulder into the group, a mischievous twinkling in her eyes: "Hey, anyone violently opposed to an attempt at alternative medicine?"
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Wh...what are you planning to do," Chip asked, sticking close to Piper.
Leslie looked around and hunted out Oreo. "Miss Wulf seems OK," he advised his friend, "Lyke yew, she's gotta rep she dusn't wont. I fink. C'mon." He gently tugged at his best friend.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Wh...what are you planning to do," Chip asked, sticking close to Piper.
Leslie looked around and hunted out Oreo. "Miss Wulf seems OK," he advised his friend, "Lyke yew, she's gotta rep she dusn't wont. I fink. C'mon." He gently tugged at his best friend.

But but but, they eat us in the wild!
an Oowww this is a sticker bush..

Getting his fur roughly brushed as he is pulled out from deep within the bush..
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"And Skunks sprae in the wyld," Leslie grinned. "She haz a collar, lyke us!" He took a sticker burr off the Mustelid. "Shurely, if she waz skary, I'd bee more skared?"
--------------
Kilo took a quick wander around the room for a look-see.
--------------
Sally popped back over to thetable and offered her hand for Ed and family.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

DdeeStar wrote: "I-We shouldn't move them if we can avoid it. If no one's called EMS yet, you two can go make house 26 do it." The line is concluded with a small nod, as her attention is clearly elsewhere. She steps around them, dropping to her knees by the fallen Husky and holding her head sideways just above his chest to listen for breathing. She pops back up, glancing at Piper briefly. "Don't take this personally, but you've already got someone fretting over you, so..." She turns back to Kryo, spending a moment scenting for blood before she stops cold, an evil smile on her face. She calls over her shoulder into the group, a mischievous twinkling in her eyes: "Hey, anyone violently opposed to an attempt at alternative medicine?"
"You think he's going to be okay?" Sunny asked about, as he noticed Cala was listening to Kryo breathing.

He noticed she said the word fretting, and had assumed Cala was talking about him making Sunny blush profusely hard, his cheeks turning a cherry red as he said. "I wasn't fretting over her I mean, I worry about all my friends. I mean, only when they're hurt..."

Luna looked at Sunny. "You wanna help? Try..."

"You said house 26 earlier? What's at house 26?" Sunny asked as he seemed interested in what Cala was saying.
Keeshah wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Wh...what are you planning to do," Chip asked, sticking close to Piper.

But but but, they eat us in the wild!
an Oowww this is a sticker bush..

Getting his fur roughly brushed as he is pulled out from deep within the bush..
Luna walked over towards Leslie and Oreo. "I mean, if she was really out to hurt us, I doubt she'd be trying to take our friends over there to vet." Luna said as she had walked away from Sunny, Cala, Piper, and Kryo.