Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

D-Rock

Re: Art Thread

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks! I'm going with the idea that despite his rather laid-back way of doing things on the interpersonal level, he's pretty shrewd.

Also that he's proficient with blades and rifles. He prefers to use Swords like the épéé and the estoc, or really any long thin blade.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

A veritable Excaliber.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Great design, D-Rock, nice backstory too.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I bet if the female infernals knew how good he was with a blade and how shrewd he was, they would all be very interested in him. XD
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Jokes on you Lucifer for having to give-up that awesome sword, though I'd say it looks better with Halphas.

I drew more sketches of a glamorous coyote, who I guess I'll call Glen. He was an "actor/singer" beloved by the ladies. However, things spiraled down in flames after he unceremoniously dumped a mobster's daughter. The mob retaliated by setting up Glen to look like a cat-lover, which him vehemently denying only worsened matters (the majority of canines who hated him for loving cats still hated him, while those who welcomed his progressiveness rescinded their support).
From there, the best job he could get was a mascot in a kiddies restaurant. More set-backs eventually put him on the streets. With nothing else to lose, he decided to live the life of a feral coyote and moved to the wilderness. Too bad that he stumbled upon a hostile pack of wolves: the Six Pack Jacks...
Attachments
Glen_sketches.png
Glen_sketches.png (122.02 KiB) Viewed 22264 times
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dryideabat wrote:Jokes on you Lucifer for having to give-up that awesome sword, though I'd say it looks better with Halphas.

I drew more sketches of a glamorous coyote, who I guess I'll call Glen. He was an "actor/singer" beloved by the ladies. However, things spiraled down in flames after he unceremoniously dumped a mobster's daughter. The mob retaliated by setting up Glen to look like a cat-lover, which him vehemently denying only worsened matters (the majority of canines who hated him for loving cats still hated him, while those who welcomed his progressiveness rescinded their support).
From there, the best job he could get was a mascot in a kiddies restaurant. More set-backs eventually put him on the streets. With nothing else to lose, he decided to live the life of a feral coyote and moved to the wilderness. Too bad that he stumbled upon a hostile pack of wolves: the Six Pack Jacks...

Intriguing! And...of course...excellent drawing!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Wow, things really went downhill for him. And meeting a pack of wolves...
Coyotes and wolves don't always get along well at all. But ultimately this can go either way.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I bet if the female infernals knew how good he was with a blade and how shrewd he was, they would all be very interested in him. XD
Well, he's quite high on the social hierarchy.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm surprised that Gretchen doesn't bargain him off to some of the other infernals in order to get more privileges than she has now. Its not like they are a love match. Though it would be interesting if Halphas did end up falling for someone since its been established that Gretchen and Lillian don't have hearts and he seems like he can feel emotions.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Eh, doesn't work like that in regards to gaining influence. I don't think I'll give Halphas a proper love interest, I don't see him as particularly caring about romance.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

I can only imagine that he's not the only demon indifferent to romance; viewing love as being biochemically no different than eating large quantities of chocolate... And now I hear him with Al Pacino's voice. :lol:
D-Rock wrote:Wow, things really went downhill for him. And meeting a pack of wolves...
Coyotes and wolves don't always get along well at all. But ultimately this can go either way.

Indeed. Wolves probably view coyotes as all being as disgraceful to canines as Wile E Coyote. :lol:
For now, I leave the outcome of this encounter open. Should Glen get a chance to turn things around in his life or shall he be thrown to the wolves?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dryideabat wrote:I can only imagine that he's not the only demon indifferent to romance; viewing love as being biochemically no different than eating large quantities of chocolate... And now I hear him with Al Pacino's voice. :lol:
D-Rock wrote:Wow, things really went downhill for him. And meeting a pack of wolves...

Indeed. Wolves probably view coyotes as all being as disgraceful to canines as Wile E Coyote. :lol:
For now, I leave the outcome of this encounter open. Should Glen get a chance to turn things around in his life or shall he be thrown to the wolves?
Actually, awhile back, a Park Ranger back in Yellowstone told me that the steady spread of coyotes throughout much of North America is partly due to the revival of wolf pack populations. Wolves detest coyotes and kill them at any opportunity. Or so I was told.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

In some cases they can actually breed with each other too though. Coywolfs or woyotes are a thing.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Both of those factors went through my mind... Such that I decided on both.
The Six-Pack Jacks would have mauled Glen, but a second wolf pack, the Lunar Eclipse, drove them off. However, Glen's relief was short-lived, as the Lunar Eclipse pack also hated coyotes. However, the alpha loved to watch TV (which he pilfered along with a trailer from some campers) and thus recognized Glen. He recruited Glen to basically serve as an omega, having him act, dance, perform slapstick, and endure rocks/bees thrown at him for the amusement of the pack.
However, while offstage, Glen found compassion from an omega named Flo, who was ridiculed by the others for being husky. She helped treat the injuries Glen received while performing. The two quickly connected behind their pain.
One night, the Lunar Eclipse pack was attacked by the Six-Pack Jacks. Amidst the chaos, Glen and Flo fled from the battle and escaped into the night...
Attachments
Glen_and_Flo.jpg
Glen_and_Flo.jpg (49.47 KiB) Viewed 22020 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Slapstick you say? Were there any pies involved? XD
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Glad that they found a shoulder to lean on with each other. They look adorable.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Got a festive little YCH today.
Christmas down here in Australia is in summer so it's usually quite warm. So we have cold drinks instead of hot. We've also no need for warm, woollen scarves. A nice bandana adds some colour.
FURRHAN Christmas 2019 YCH.png
FURRHAN Christmas 2019 YCH.png (222.37 KiB) Viewed 22003 times
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Looks very good. :)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Adorable piece you got there!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

A very merry there, Hla!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Cute draw you got, Furrhan! :D Very nice work, Nicholas and D-Rock. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just love the way you look in that picture! You are so insanely cute!
Nathan Kerbonaut

How'd I miss all this adorable art? Great stuff, all of you :D
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

That's an amazing piece of art you got there, Furr ^^
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Just well done!!
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Rockin' picture Hlaoroo. :D Summer can't come back fast enough in the Northern Hemisphere. And that drink makes me want a sangria sunrise for some reason. :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am one of the people that just goes "screw it" and drink summer beverages in the winter and vice-versa. :)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

The rabbit, fox, and penguin are characters I've made quite some time ago but never had a proper place. The penguin was my initial idea for a presentable alter ego that never went through. The rabbit and fox were an idea I had for adoptive siblings. None of them were considered for inclusion as Housepets OCs, but I never shut that path out. We'll see what I do.

There was also supposed to be more to this, but I got tired of spending so long on this and figuring out angles.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its good that Cerberus was able to help out with the penguin so that when he met Macabre again he didn't run away freaking out.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Indeed.

Looking at this now, I realize that I didn't quite make the joke I wanted clear. The penguin died fighting the warlock. A sort of, "you REALLY should've stopped to listen," look from Macabre in that last panel.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When the penguin saw Macabre again, I'm wondering if there was one final freak out because he thought he ended up in hell. I assume he was running away from him because he is a demon?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

D-Rock wrote:Indeed.

Looking at this now, I realize that I didn't quite make the joke I wanted clear. The penguin died fighting the warlock. A sort of, "you REALLY should've stopped to listen," look from Macabre in that last panel.
Penguins don't seem to do well in combat despite the Madagascar trio.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:When the penguin saw Macabre again, I'm wondering if there was one final freak out because he thought he ended up in hell. I assume he was running away from him because he is a demon?
That would be correct.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Poor Sudden (I assume that's still his name). He really missed out on that one. Was Marble the adoptive sibling or David?

Okay, one last sappy sketch of Glen and Flo before I put the whole idea to rest.
Attachments
Glen and Flo selfie.jpg
Glen and Flo selfie.jpg (94.89 KiB) Viewed 21592 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is a very cute picture that you did! Nice job!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Adorable, they look great together :D
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

dryideabat wrote:Poor Sudden (I assume that's still his name). He really missed out on that one. Was Marble the adoptive sibling or David?
Yup, still his name. Out of all possible things, weird how I decided to keep that on-a-whim name. :lol:

David is the adopted one. Story I came up with for him was that he was the sole survivor of an attack on his warren when he was still a kit. Marble's father was on a hunt, but when he saw what happened, he instead felt pity for David and took him in. Integrated to the family rather well.

And love that image of Glen and Flo! Great that after everything, they found happiness with each other, and they do make an adorable couple. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm a sucker for couples that get happy endings. Which is probably why I want all my characters I pluck out of thin air to have happy endings. (God knows I'm gonna end up alone).
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

A Christmas present I got for a friend, Dario. He just LOVES balloons; specifically he loves deflating them. :P His reaction to the gift... Blew me away!
Art by Dewshess.

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That really is cute! Be careful you don't get blown too far away. XD
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

So, finally made some progress on that little series of characters from fan fics I liked. This one is Jolty, the main character from The Way The Stars Shine Tonight, by Dusk.
Admittedly, I was at a loss as to which version of the character to use for this series of art, as he's supposed to be a fursona and Dusk has since changed up who and what his character is since then, then decided to go with the version used in the fic. I wasn't able to get the colors off of any posted art at the time of making this, so had to eyeball the entire thing. Sorry for inaccuracies. There's a bit of your original works plus a few details from Buster's interpretation here. Welp, got two more to draw for this series.
Attachments
Jolty - The Way The Stars Shine Tonight.png
Jolty - The Way The Stars Shine Tonight.png (57.73 KiB) Viewed 25168 times