Tales of Hayven Celestia Anthology

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

fenrirblack

Tales of Hayven Celestia Anthology

Post by fenrirblack »

Since this is happening, I wanted to create a space where people could get together and share ideas, keep people who are interested updated in case they happen to miss some information, and most importantly ask questions if they have any concerns about the "shared universe" because if you've read any of Rick's or Gre7g Luterman's books then you know this is a complicated setting.
rickgriffin wrote:Hey this is something COMPLETELY NEW for us, but I've wanted to make Hayven Celestia a setting that was open to multiple authors. Well, now here's the very first chance for that. Looking for BOTH authors and artists! http://geroo.space/b/index.php?title=Anthology1
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
fenrirblack

Re: Tales of Hayven Celestia Anthology

Post by fenrirblack »

Rick’s Twitter: “The other reoccurring theme is using the lio. Some people want to see the actual war going on I GUESS!”
Oops, that’s what my story is going to be about too. I guess a lot of people had the same train of thought of wanting to be “original” by using the species that is the largest force in the war against the krakun. That and I guess lions do have a certain appeal.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Admittedly I am more drawn to having wolf and fox characters.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Peanut, Grape, and Res ( among others) certainly share an attraction to lion characters.... ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Grape is attracted to any type of hunk, not just lions. I never saw Peanut or Res getting attracted to any lions. Or at least I can't remember if that happened. :|
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Hey, there! Hoy, there!
I've got a quick question:
Is this part of Ten Thousand Miles Up still an official part of the new version?
Rick Griffin wrote:The krakun's rise to power occurred long before computer technology ever came into being on their planet. The average krakun was a physical and mental powerhouse, with a life expectancy in the range of twelve thousand years--twelve times longer than the next longest-lived species in the universe, the turek. Over the course of many centuries and many wars (on a planet with no less than four dozen sapient species--astounding given the odds of even having a single one), the krakun slaughtered half their home planet's races and enthralled the other half. The krakun ruled these races, first as semi-benevolent god-kings, then as indifferent god-kings, then as gods. By then, they'd turned their greedy eyes outward toward the stars.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I saw on Twitter that Rick drew a Patreon sketch for a squirrel species that someone else created for a story they're going to be submitting. By the looks of it, the males of the species have regular squirrel morphology while the females are flyers. That one in particular has my interest piqued for this anthology.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Ash Greytree wrote:I saw on Twitter that Rick drew a Patreon sketch for a squirrel species that someone else created for a story they're going to be submitting. By the looks of it, the males of the species have regular squirrel morphology while the females are flyers. That one in particular has my interest piqued for this anthology.
That would be the katakori (squirrel) and the polatosha (flying squirrel)
This is pulled from the HC Wiki
Origins of the name
Created by J. N. Squire.
"katakori" is inspired from the Basque word katagorri. It litterally means "squirrel".
Anatomy
Both alien species share the common trait of an special bone structure that make them lighter but less likely to break something after a fall or a bad landing (specific molecular structure, possibly some carbonXcalcium strong polymer?).
Taller and slender than geroo, but smaller than anup. Around sourang-like height, but not that slender?
Very varied fur colors (red, brown, fulvous, cream, tan, copper, black, sometimes green stripes to blend with vegetation, etc.).
Fluffy tails.
Long ear tufts (like European squirrels).
Communication
Can speak multiple languages.
Speak at least Siuri, a language also spoken by their twin sapient species, the polatosha.
Technological
Use wristwatch communicators.
Tooth-carved sticks.
Habitat
Katatori are particularily adapted to forests. Their fur is adapated from temperate (poles) to warm (lower latitudes) temperatures from their homeworld.
Diet
Katatori are omnivorous. Their diet is mostly made of vegetables like fruits and nuts. For animal protein intakes, they can also eat eggs and small water animals.
Demography
Most of the katatori inhabits the Unity.They share their homeworld with the polatosha, the other sapient species originating from the planet.
Silly Zealot wrote:Hey, there! Hoy, there!
I've got a quick question:
Is this part of Ten Thousand Miles Up still an official part of the new version?
Rick Griffin wrote:The krakun's rise to power occurred long before computer technology ever came into being on their planet. The average krakun was a physical and mental powerhouse, with a life expectancy in the range of twelve thousand years--twelve times longer than the next longest-lived species in the universe, the turek. Over the course of many centuries and many wars (on a planet with no less than four dozen sapient species--astounding given the odds of even having a single one), the krakun slaughtered half their home planet's races and enthralled the other half. The krakun ruled these races, first as semi-benevolent god-kings, then as indifferent god-kings, then as gods. By then, they'd turned their greedy eyes outward toward the stars.
It's part of the canon for Hayven Celestia.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Oh, that's pretty cool. Rick had mentioned in the tweet that it was a "dual species" that J.N. had created , but I thought he meant dimorphism and not two entirely separate species. They seem like quite an interesting bunch. Yeah, definitely going to be keeping a close eye out for the anthology now.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Celticwarlord

Post by Celticwarlord »

Hiya! I'm looking to see if there is anyone around here who still likes Hayven.
I'm just a guy who likes furry things (scalies are ok also XD). I love to make friend and hope to befriend many new and interesting people during my stay here!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

The deadline has passed and submissions are closed BTW.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That character kind of reminds me of Mungo!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Yeah, the Anup are basically an entire race of of Mungo's. OMG Mungo's an alien.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you checked Discord, you would see that I established that Fen is a character in Slightly Damned now. xP
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

The anthology is available on Amazon. I'm not in it but I still feel like I should at least promote it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083H75PGX
TonyBurgos

Post by TonyBurgos »

That sounds interesting. I do make furry races, and I do write. I also like the cover you have here.

I clicked on the links, however my PC gives me warnings on all of them. They don't look safe for what ever reason.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well that is strange because I clicked on them and they are 100% safe.