Non-HPU: Crater City OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Foxfan2164

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City OOC

Post by Foxfan2164 »

What exactly is going on over by the KDF recruitment center?
My Characters (Links and all)
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

That's what will hopefully be clear in my next post. It will hopefully be up soon.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

No idea if and/or how long Tigress is going to be with us, so in the meantime here's her sheet. CyberDragon had it a while ago since I didn't want to panic anyone with another sheet in the OOC this early buuut looks like she'll be sticking around a bit longer to everyone's great joy. ;)

Character Name: Tigress Kayto

Color: #a55303

Type: Main

Kaiju Class: Legend

Kaiju Form: Rakshasa

Disguised Species: Tiger Zoomorph

Neighborhood: Crater City

Powers: Incredible power over energy fields, though has no ability to create her own energy. She naturally disperses powerful energy she comes in contact with, creating a near immunity to energy-based attacks. This energy is then absorbed and can be mimicked as if it was hers originally, either outputting at the same pace or all the energy of one type at once. She can’t interact with life energy, meaning that if she isn’t given a source of energy she has to default to physical combat. In both forms, her sight (like most Rakshasa) is based on energy fields, but she specifically lacks all color vision in lieu of hypersensitivity to energy.

Weakness: Requires outside energy to use her powers, whether it be from attacks or attacking a power grid. Energy efficiency isn’t 100%, so she can’t overpower an enemy with their energy unless she releases it all at once.

Appearance: As a Kaiju, a monstrous Rakshasa standing over 330 feet tall. That body is coated in scars and cuts regardless of her previous health, and always carries an evil smile. Energy that she steals runs through her fur and will often imbue her physical attacks with a minor amount at no cost to her.

In disguise, Tigress is a 6’ Tiger Zoomorph who carries herself with the confidence of a trained killer. Gleaming teeth and effortlessly perfect fur, paired with a predator’s build balancing speed and power, her dark brown eyes are almost always glaring. She has no preferred clothing and wears practically anything as long as it doesn’t block her range of motion. All her movements are graceful and slick, and she takes great pains to ensure her physical aptitude is due to training, not just Kaiju blood.

Personality: Tigress doesn’t care for anyone other than Mist, knowing that between her crimes and banishment there’s no one else that cares about her. She considers the two of them to be a team against everyone else in the world, and her objective is to make sure that he can have a good life. This leads her to be openly hostile to anyone she doesn’t have to interact with, expecting any conversation to go south as the odds of a stranger having a good reason to talk to her is little to none. She tries to put forth a threatening figure to discourage meaningless things like small talk, but she still finds herself enjoying the old things her group used to do and will often go out and graffiti buildings when stressed.

Tigress doesn’t believe in the KDF, neither what they say nor what she’s heard. She’s near certain it’s just a way to collect all the Kaiju and has told Mist this multiple times, but he won’t agree with her despite his worries matching hers and she feels it’s her duty to protect him from his own naivety.

Other notes: Tigress originally was a prodigy of the Rakshasa clan. She excelled in her lessons and usage of energy, praised widely by the community and supported by all as being the next leader. As her coming-of-age ceremony, she was sent to Crater City itself to inhibit if not destroy any chance of expansion to ensure her clan’s future, but as she entered she fell in with a group of anarchists who introduced her to the hedonist lifestyle. She spent over a year doing whatever she pleased, her destruction limited to spray-paint graffiti and stealing from construction sites. After a sudden jump in the seriousness of the group’s crimes, most of the group was caught and she went back to her clan. Her failure in her quest made her return shameful, and once they realized she was pregnant, she was practically an outcast. Once Mist was born and clearly not a wildcat like the other Rakshasa, Tigress and her son were exiled. She returned to the city she’d been sent to destroy, finding it her only hope, and the two of them spent Mist’s first year hiding out in the anarchists’ old hideout. Tigress worked constantly to get money to feed and clothe the two of them and also homeschool Mist for fear that someone would link him back to her, link her to her various crimes, and make him a ward of the state. She did her best to train him in his Rakshasa heritage, taking a week every year to road-trip out into the wilderness where they could train without interruption. Mist joined into public schooling in fourth grade, where he initially struggled but gradually adjusted to the system well. Tigress still is doing her best to keep him out of any records and keep herself out of the light, but with Mist’s determination to let them use their powers without fear he’s going to force them into the public eye and there’s nothing she can do to stop it.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
Strength: 8 | Lacking a constant power, she had to train hand-to-hand for energyless combat.
Perception: 3 | Having energy-based sight means that most walls are the same color as empty air, but living things are neon.
Endurance: 7 | Rakshasa, but her unhealthy habits do get her from time to time.
Charisma: 2 | She’s actively hostile to those she doesn’t know, even other Kaiju.
Intelligence: 6 | Zero book learning, but her Rakshasa training comes in handy in normal life.
Agility: 9 | Evading attention is literal to her.
Luck: 3 | It’s been a great life so far, what will go wrong tomorrow?
Kaiju: 10 | As crazy as destroying a city sounds, she probably would’ve done some damage.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I already approved this character in PM.

Also, I just did some morbid research, and it seems it would just take about 1.36 grams of concentrated botox for a hunter to kill a tier 10 Kaiju if the chemical was delivered by something like a dart or crossbow bolt.
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Ah...
That's a fun existence, knowing all those who want you dead have no issue picking this stuff up.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Foxfan2164

Post by Foxfan2164 »

Could Mist and Hyper possibly know each other from school?
Just a random question.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

They could definitely know each other, but Mist would have avoided any and all interaction with Hyper. It seems like he's got a bit of a reputation as a good-natured prankster and while that's not bad, Mist's objective in school is to get in and out without being seen. The magician's outfit and showboat attitude is a costume for special occasions.
All the characters!
Foxfan2164

Post by Foxfan2164 »

Ok, I guess that makes sense.
Citrisfur

Post by Citrisfur »

The coffee shop James and Lyncus went into is the one Traci runs, I just didn't really know how to describe the entrance. Subject to change, I guess.
Active RP Chars.
  • Nadirth'ynn|d69620|6465777
  • Tiramisu|00aaf6|4759476
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • James|00A8CA|475(10)877
  • Takido|00d022|5857953
Song Of The Day Queue, suspended

Profile Pic and Mystic Meadows banner by @Neko!
I also have an alt @Citris26
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

So when you refer to two humans in the car who do you mean? Gregg and Heather?
All the characters!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Just quickly: I tweaked the age of Mordecai a bit (Wanted this to be his original age).
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote:So when you refer to two humans in the car who do you mean? Gregg and Heather?
Yeah, FoxFan, I'm not really sure who you're referring to. Heather's standing outside of the truck, and if you're referring to the hunter, he's locked in the bed of the truck and wouldn't be able to stick his head out.
-Champion Motto

Foxfan2164

Post by Foxfan2164 »

Oh. Well i guess I haven't been seeing where they where at the time. Sorry
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

No worries. It happens sometimes, especially since you didn't come across the scene until after the hunter got shoved into the trunk.
-Champion Motto

Citrisfur

Post by Citrisfur »

Here’s one of my proposed powers that Lyncus has yet to learn; only submitting for approval this early so I can add it to her character sheet.

She can flatten one of her generated orbs into a disk, used as a mini shield. When controlling the orb, Lyncus decides what materials can pass through the orb, and what can’t. This requires some of her focus, of course. Entities that touch the shield aren’t harmed.
- Using two orbs, Lyncus can connect the two, creating a wide, flat ellipse between her two paws. This barrier has the same properties as the smaller one, although it obviously provides her with more coverage.

Later on, she might be able to focus on holding two separate mini barrier orbs in each paw simultaneously, although when she first learns this ability, generating the second orb connects the two instantly.
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

That seems Ok. Just as long as there are well defined limits.

Also, I assume the new power has the same weaknesses as the old powers?
-Champion Motto

Citrisfur

Post by Citrisfur »

CyberDragon wrote:That seems Ok. Just as long as there are well defined limits.

Also, I assume the new power has the same weaknesses as the old powers?
Yep! Drains her stored energy, etc. The largest I can ever see her shield getting is around herself, but even that’s a bit of a stretch, and I doubt she’d do that while she’s in Kaiju form.

And she still feels the force of the things hitting her, so even if the material didn’t make it through the shield it could knock her back aways. Maybe the shield can also possibly be shattered in some circumstances.
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Maybe the shield drains additional energy if it gets hit, based on how hard it gets hit. Then it shatters if the hit would cause an energy drain greater than her current stores?
-Champion Motto

Citrisfur

Post by Citrisfur »

CyberDragon wrote:Maybe the shield drains additional energy if it gets hit, based on how hard it gets hit. Then it shatters if the hit would cause an energy drain greater than her current stores?
I like that, and I'm stealing all of it. 8-)
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

So I had a thought about Kaiju in their fully grown forms.

It's about how they communicate.

Kaiju, when in their full forms, are still capable of speaking English. However, because they are so large, most of what they say is too low in pitch to be understood as anything but deep bellowing or some sort of incomprehensible language to any human or zoomorph that hears them. Other Kaiju, both full sized and disguised, will be able to understand the speech of a Kaiju in their full Kaiju form.

Also, it is possible for a human or zoomorph to understand the speech of a Kaiju in their Kaiju forms as long as they are under tier 2. 25 meters tall or less.
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Can fully transformed Kaiju understand little folks' speech? I would think it'd be like it'd trying to hear ants, but maybe their senses heighten or something, I dunno. I was just wondering this in regards to KDF Kaiju having non-Kaiju teammates, how do they communicate when one is 100 feet tall?
All the characters!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Fully transformed Kaiju do have an extended range of hearing to hear humans and zoomorphs, but it's hard and they might not pick everything up.

KDF agents and KDF Kaiju have a sort of hearing aid like thing that raises the pitch of vocalizations that are too low to hear and lowers the pitch of voices that are too high to hear respectively.
-Champion Motto

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I couldn't help but notice a couple players are now RPing by themselves.

It's encouraged that you RP with another person. This keeps everyone engaged and makes it easier to keep going.

These RPs are a cooperative experience. I encourage players who currently aren't RPing with anyone to somehow find your ways to each other or to other groups of players. Otherwise I will invent characters for you to RP with, much like what I did with Traci and the Labrador tourist.

Currently the only large group that can be engaged with is the group including Wildfire, Ryan, and Mordecai. This group is at Pier 29, a tourist attraction pier on the western bank of the bay, in the part of the city south of Giant's Gate Bridge.

The other group is currently driving, and so can't be joined.
-Champion Motto

Citrisfur

Post by Citrisfur »

CyberDragon wrote:I couldn't help but notice a couple players are now RPing by themselves.

It's encouraged that you RP with another person. This keeps everyone engaged and makes it easier to keep going.

These RPs are a cooperative experience. I encourage players who currently aren't RPing with anyone to somehow find your ways to each other or to other groups of players. Otherwise I will invent characters for you to RP with, much like what I did with Traci and the Labrador tourist.

Currently the only large group that can be engaged with is the group including Wildfire, Ryan, and Mordecai. This group is at Pier 29, a tourist attraction pier on the western bank of the bay, in the part of the city south of Giant's Gate Bridge.

The other group is currently driving, and so can't be joined.
Hey, Fox, does Hyper want to meet up with Lyncus and James, since they’re close to the warehouse? If they need something to talk about, James graduated from Hyper and Mist’s school last year.
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

Foxfan2164

Post by Foxfan2164 »

Sure, I don't mind. Would it be like Hyper knew them or it just so happens that they are nearby and start conversing?
Citrisfur

Post by Citrisfur »

Foxfan2164 wrote:Sure, I don't mind. Would it be like Hyper knew them or it just so happens that they are nearby and start conversing?
I would guess Hyper knows James from that school, and then knows Lyncus as James’s friend, since Lyncus didn’t go to any school besides her current college.
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

Foxfan2164

Post by Foxfan2164 »

OK, that seems fine.

Edit: Can kaiju sense other kaiju or do they need a special gadget of some sort to sense whether or not someone is a kaiju?
Deske

Post by Deske »

I'm gonna assume that Heather means she went from O-3 Captain (Army, Air Force, Marines) to O-6 Colonel (Army, Air Force, Marines), rather than O-6 Captain (Navy, Coast Guard) to O-6 Colonel. Otherwise I'm just imagining her being super excited about the rank changing name and it's too funny and adorable.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

She went from 0-6 to 0-6, but she's more just mentioning the name change. She's not super excited about it. As cute as it would be for her to be excited about the name change, it wouldn't really fit her character.

It was more just me trying to fit in information about her rank.
Foxfan2164 wrote:OK, that seems fine.

Edit: Can kaiju sense other kaiju or do they need a special gadget of some sort to sense whether or not someone is a kaiju?
Kaiju can't sense other Kaiju unless they specifically have that as a Kaiju power.
-Champion Motto

Citrisfur

Post by Citrisfur »

CyberDragon wrote:Transforming into a Kaiju in the middle of the city is in and of itself considered a public disturbance, and a Kaiju could be fined for it.
How do creatures (not specificaly Kaiju) know this before hand?
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Mostly common sense. It's doing something that can potentially create a disturbance or cause a panic. It's also something that very likely will cause damage to the surrounding area. Nearby trees could get knocked down by the Kaiju's expanding body, bumping into a building could break glass, anyone nearby would have to flee to avoid getting stepped on, and in general it's just a bad idea to shift in a populated place.

Though there is a law on record that specifically lists the act of shifting in public as a public disturbance, and people can look up this law online.
-Champion Motto

Citrisfur

Post by Citrisfur »

CyberDragon wrote:Mostly common sense. It's doing something that can potentially create a disturbance or cause a panic. It's also something that very likely will cause damage to the surrounding area. Nearby trees could get knocked down by the Kaiju's expanding body, bumping into a building could break glass, anyone nearby would have to flee to avoid getting stepped on, and in general it's just a bad idea to shift in a populated place.

Though there is a law on record that specifically lists the act of shifting in public as a public disturbance, and people can look up this law online.
Anything against Lyncus changing forms? Would you recommend partial transformation instead (even though I know it's a hard to master skill and all)?
And if we're concerned about fines, would joining the KDF lesson some of those?
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Shifting in the middle of a public park would definitely cause a public disturbance. Police would no doubt be called, and if she didn't shift back immediately then Wildfire might even be called in to make her shift back. Given where he is and what he's doing, that might not go well.

A partial transformation is completely unheard of among people who only just learned they're a Kaiju. Again, it took years for Wildfire to learn how to make his wings appear on their own, let alone changing his entire body into an anthropomorphic dragon.

Joining the KDF could be considered public service, which could take the place of a fine.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Character #2 incoming!
Name: Edward “Ted” Babbage

Kaiju Codename: Lightfoot

Colour: #AA6600, Cinnamon

Kaiju Class: Legend

Kaiju Form: “Tinners’ Rabbits”/Three Hares – Three-headed hare

Disguised Species: Zoomorphic European Hare

Neighbourhood: Crater City

Powers: As his codename suggests, Ted is extremely quick and nimble on his paws. As a zoomorph he is capable of running at roughly three times the speed of a normal hare making his top speed around 130miles/210km per hour, however as a Kaiju his top speed approaches 392 miles/630km per hour. He also has the power to heal any injury, as long as the injury is not immediately fatal. He can also detect (but not identify) any poison or toxin by scent – finding that his nose tingles in a certain manner when deleterious substances are around.

Weaknesses: The faster he runs the quicker he tires. He finds for long distance running that half-speed is the most energy efficient and the most easily maintained. He cannot heal any immediately fatal injuries as he cannot reverse death, and he cannot neutralise any poisons or toxins - he is merely aware of their presence. The larger or more serious the injury, the longer it takes to heal and the more energy it costs him. If he was to use too much energy via either running or healing, his heart would simply stop so he’s careful to know exactly where his limit lies. This is also why he cannot reverse death – the effort would kill him and likely not succeed anyway.

Appearance: Smallish by Kaiju standards, Lightfoot stands a whisker over 40 metres tall – 45 metres if you count the ears, which he definitely does. His ear tips and tail tip are black, his underside is white, and his fur is a yellowish brown flecked with black, turning almost reddish on his shoulders, legs, neck and throat. His whiskers are long, and his paws, like all lagomorphs, lack pads, and are instead covered with thick fur. His eyes are hazel and seem to shift between green and brown depending on the lighting. His most noticeable characteristic is that he has three heads Cerberus-style on his shoulders. Each head can move, talk and eat independently and although they sometimes disagree and even argue, their personality is largely the same.

As a zoomorph, Ted’s appearance is largely identical to his Kaiju form; the notable lack of two heads being the key difference between the two. As a result, whilst in Kaiju form he tends to wear a steampunk helmet and goggles on each of his heads in order to obscure his appearance. As he works as a doctor these are carefully designed to be more whimsical than unsettling, however, and they can even be functional, acting as magnifying glasses or binoculars if he twists the lenses.

In zoomorph form, Ted tends to tone back his love of steampunk a little, contenting himself with stylish jeans and a waistcoat from which dangles a large pocket watch. He always goes barefoot unless shoes are required for safety or hygiene reasons such as when he’s in surgery.

In both forms he's lithe, almost lanky, and rakishly handsome as hares tend to be.

Personality: Lacking much in the way of family due to persecution from humans, Ted is passionate about the cause of the KDF. He’s turned his grief into something productive that he can be proud of, determined not to let anyone else suffer as he did. Having passed quickly through medical school, graduating very near the top of his class, he uses his skills to make sure that all KDF members are as fit and strong as they can be, and to make sure that any Kaiju that joins is capable of handling the rigours of the job, both physically and mentally. He also provides first aid and treatment at the base as needed. Despite the demands of his position as Chief Medical Officer for the KDF, he knows he has to care for his own mental health and so makes plenty of time to indulge his own pleasures which include working on his model railway (with genuine, to-scale steam-powered locomotive) and LARPing in various steampunk-themed games.

Other notes: He’s Ryan’s boyfriend although he’s not a fan of swimming. He does enjoy using Ryan as a pool float though. He comes from England’s West Country and although he’s lived in Crater City long enough to lose most of his accent, it is still slightly detectable, making him sound slightly piratical. He plays the bagpipes and the tin whistle. He would LOVE to learn the pipe organ but as yet has not had the opportunity. His military rank in the KDF is Major, although he rarely uses that title, preferring to use Doctor instead.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats: S4, P8, E6, C6, I7, A8, L5, K4
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Looks pretty good! How does his speed as a Kaiju compare with his speed as a Zoomorph?
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Well, 130 miles per hour is 3 times the speed of an actual European hare.
Would zoomorph/Kaiju make much of a difference if he can use that power in either state?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

If he managed to take 60 meters per running step, not unreasonable considering he's 40 meters tall, he would only have to take about one step per second to reach 130 miles per hour.

That's reasonably fast, but not something most would consider to be super speed.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Good point. Fixed it. I also added a little extra to his Other Notes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

In case it's not generally known... https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/humblebrag
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

So I've been wondering for some time with reference to Mist being not a pure Rakshasa but even more now as Julian's natural charm woos every female around-
Is Kaiju-ism a dominant trait that gets passed even if one parent isn't? Does that affect the powers? What happens if the two parents are different types of Kaiju, or different classes?
All the characters!