HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Nathan Kerbonaut

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Don't sweat it Sean. The story will be ready when it's ready and that's okay. Good luck with your IRL stuff, I hope it doesn't give you much trouble :)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Don't sweat it Sean. The story will be ready when it's ready and that's okay. Good luck with your IRL stuff, I hope it doesn't give you much trouble :)
Thanks :) Eh it's mostly working on reviews and my novels (along with some clearing of my thoughts...trying to get back into my happy place and be a happy werewolf again).
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Isn't it a requirement of being a werewolf that you need to be grumpy and have bloodlust all the time? :lol:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Isn't it a requirement of being a werewolf that you need to be grumpy and have bloodlust all the time? :lol:
Depends on which werewolf you're talking about :) For me, I prefer cups of tea and soda and being a happy wolfy :)

Speaking of bloodlust, just for future reference, here's the list of whos alive and dead in HousepetZ (Feel free to remind me if I forgot anyone):

DEAD:
Pete The Gryphon
Sasha(or is she?)
Fox
Rufus
Simon Milton

ALIVE:
Peanut
Grape
Duchess
Rex
Bino
King
Bailey
Olive
Rook
Ace
The Wolves Pack
Keene Milton
Daisy
Pit Milton
The-Other-Milton-Whose-Name-I'm-Blanking-On
Tiger
Zach
Spirit Dragon
Mungo
Kevin
Lana
Jata
Duke Milton

MISSING:
Tarot
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

OK, after recollecting myself (had to step away from writing to prevent burnout) and giving it some thought, the next arc WON'T be '48 Hours In The Gardens' and will be, instead, 'Bat Out Of The Netherworld 2'. The '48 Hours' arc is being pushed to a later date as I think I want to do more with Custom Ink as a villain instead of what I originally planned. Plus, I was honestly having Bat 2 on the mind more than the 48 hours one hehe. Hopefully, I should have the first chapter or so ready by Sunday, but no promises.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Bat Out Of The Netherworld II
Chapter 1: Into The Fire

It was a peaceful Thursday afternoon and Mungo had spent a good portion of the day at the local range, getting some usage with his double-barrel. With nothing else planned for the day, he hoped to return home and chill for a bit before seeing if his girlfriend Elena wants to go out for dinner that evening. With the wind in his fur and the freedom of the open road before him, Mungo road his custom motorcycle that he built along side Poncho one weekend. As he rode down the road and stopped at a stop-sign, he was looking about to see if any other vehicles were coming when he heard something odd coming down the nearby road. It sounded like wind at first but there was an almost vocal tone to it. His curiosity getting the best of him, he detoured to the left and followed the sound. Something about it was just giving him chills and, for some reason, making him angry. Some reason he knew he recognize the sound but, for the life of him, he couldn't figure out why. Maybe it reminded him of a stormy night when his house lost power while he was in the middle of a game. Maybe it reminded him of someone from his past he'd soon rather forget. Whatever the case was, he just had to know what this sound was and why it was making him angry.

"How long do you think its been here?" Cerberus asked as she leaned up against a nearby tree.
"Probably a few weeks now, judging by the size," Anubis said as he was looking about. In the middle of the nearby woods, where the Opener Cult used to reside, both Anubis and Cerberus were visiting the place and checking it out, just to see if the place could be converted to a campground for students and the like. However, when they arrived earlier, while the location and buildings were fine (they just needed to remove the walls and flood lights), in the middle of the compound was something they were familiar with but hadn't seen since the zombie apocalypse. In the middle of the compound was a red, glowing portal that led to only one place: The Netherworld. However, there was something odd about this portal in particular, much to the confusement of both Anubis and Cereberus. Normally, these portals can only be made by either a Celestial or Eudoant. However, Eudoant was still dead and The Forgotten had been wiped from existence (thanks to the efforts of Zach when he was up in Asgard) and, other then Sekhmet, Dragon, and Zodd, no one else can form these portals so this was both confusing and concerning to both of them.
"Wonder how she did it," Anubis then said, crossing his arms as he did, "Fooled everyone and, when the time was right, created this portal here. Makes you wonder if she had this as a back up." Cerberus shrugged, "Knowing her, she probably did, so I wouldn't put it past her. But now that begs the question: What's stopping her from creating another one if you close this?"
"Hard telling. I could spend an eternity closing these and she could...you hear something?" Anubis suddenly asked as a rumbling sound suddenly began to fill the air, with Cerberus hearing it too. At first thinking it was coming from the portal, they were all relieved when they saw what it belonged to as, coming down the trail, was Mungo on his bike.
"Mungo!" Cerberus shouted, "What brings you here?" Parking the bike and hopping off, Mungo replied, "I was coming back from the range and I heard some odd noise a while ago..." his eyes quickly spotted the portal as he was walking towards the two, "And now I see where it was coming from. What is it?"
"It's a Netherworld Portal," Cerberus answered as Mungo walked over to it, "It leads straight down to the Netherworld. They can only be formed by us Celestials...but this one is different."
"Why's that?" Mungo asked as he causally kicked a stone into the portal. Anubis chimed in to answer, "Because none of us created this one. Me and Cerby here..." He was suddenly shushed by Mungo who asked him if he heard that just now. Wondering what he meant, both he and Cerberus walked up to the portal and listened for a bit. While nothing odd happened at first and the only sound was the same humming sound, there was soon another one that occured: A laughter that was almost feminine.
"Th-that sounded like laughter?" Anubis said as he leaned back from the portal, thoroughly confused, "I don't recognize it." Cerberus, however, did as her faces were sporting both a look of confusion and bewilderment, "I recognize that laughter. It..Mungo, what are you doing?" Before she could even said who it was, her other head spotted Mungo walking back to his bike and grabbing his double-barreled shotgun. Walking back to the portal and the two Celestials, he looks into the portal and growls. "It's Sasha. Somehow, that dog is still alive," he gripped the gun tighter, "And I'm going in there to..."
"Mungo wait," Cerberus quickly said, "Yes, Sasha IS alive but how, we don't know. However, what's important is that if she IS still alive and living down there? Then she will have some advantages over you. If you die in the Netherworld...you will NOT be able to leave." Mungo, however, wasn't worried as he looked at Cerberus and said, "The only one who'll be doing the dying is Sasha and the only thing I'll be doing is walking out of there with a smile on my face and a joy in my step." Cerberus, however, was still worried for his life. She knew the power that resided within Mungo as she saw it first hand, but that was here on Earth. If he does go there, she thought, then I fear this may be the end of the road for him. But before she could even say anything else, Anubis suddenly shouted for Mungo, who turned to face him to see what he wanted. While he shared the same feelings about what Mungo was going to do like Cerberus, he also knew that there was no stopping Mungo. With a sigh, he first snapped his finger, "Your shotgun won't ever have to be reloaded ever again, just the empty shells ejected," he said before tossing him something else, something that took Mungo by surprise: A chainsaw.
"I noticed your bandoleer so I'd figured you would want a melee weapon," Anubis explained, "Like the shotgun, it won't empty of fuel so...chop away..." Mungo nodded and looked back at Cerberus. "If, for whatever reason I don't make it out...watch over Elena for me, would ya?" Mungo asked her, Cerberus nodding in silent before watching Mungo take a few steps back before running and leaping into the portal. After a few seconds, Mungo dropped out of the sky and landed, feet first, onto the ground below. He had arrived in the Netherworld and, much to his amusement, there was already a welcoming party waiting for him. A welcoming party consisting of various creatures all ready to tear him into pieces. However, Mungo just smiled and, revving the chainsaw, he charged the horde before him as a familiar phrase was running, once again, through his head as he gloriously sliced the Nether's creatures to shread: "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry...Rip and tear, until it is done." And that was exactly what he was going to do: Rip and tear until he reached Sasha then rip and tear some more. Mungo was a dog on a mission and nothing was going to stop him. Unbeknownest to him, however, he was being watched from afar for, in the remains of Eudoant's Tower, a familiar female dog stood there, staring into a palantír and watching Mungo as he took out her minions. "Come to me, my little lost doggy. For the last few grains of sands are now ready to fall and your time as a foolish mortal is coming to an end," she hissed, the red sun lighting up her once shiny but now grimy white fur, the heart on her leg now nothing more then a faded memory of a life she once lived.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Man, Sash' is like the FNaF franchise; just when you think she's done, she comes back for another round.
SeanWolf wrote:DEAD:
Rufus
Wasn't he already dead?

Great job on this chapter by the way! Looking forward to seeing what happens next!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

FoxyBoi wrote:Man, Sash' is like the FNaF franchise; just when you think she's done, she comes back for another round.
SeanWolf wrote:DEAD:
Rufus
Wasn't he already dead?

Great job on this chapter by the way! Looking forward to seeing what happens next!
Yeah he was. Just figured I'd pop his name there for consistency :) And thanks! Honestly feels great working on this again after not working on it for a bit!
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

SeanWolf wrote: :) And thanks! Honestly feels great working on this again after not working on it for a bit!
You're welcome man!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Go get ‘er Mungo! Great job on this chapter! Throughout the series, you’ve done a great job of making two of the (IMHO) sweetest characters is the canon (Sasha and Custom Ink) into hateable, ruthless villains. I look forward to reading more of Mungo versus Sasha.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:Go get ‘er Mungo! Great job on this chapter! Throughout the series, you’ve done a great job of making two of the (IMHO) sweetest characters is the canon (Sasha and Custom Ink) into hateable, ruthless villains. I look forward to reading more of Mungo versus Sasha.
heh I did make them hateable villains, didn't I :twisted: And I'm happy you enjoyed the chapter!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really do think that this chapter has come out really awesome! I can't wait to see Sasha throw Mungo in the mud face first multiple times like he did to her. xD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I really do think that this chapter has come out really awesome! I can't wait to see Sasha throw Mungo in the mud face first multiple times like he did to her. xD
;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yay that means it gonna happen! :mrgreen:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Yay that means it gonna happen! :mrgreen:
heh Well, much to my surprise, I found a way to make that scene work and make sense so yeah!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Awesome chapter Sean! The last Netherworld arc was one of my favorites. What can I say I'm very excited :D
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Awesome chapter Sean! The last Netherworld arc was one of my favorites. What can I say I'm very excited :D
Thanks! I'll be honest and say that I do have an idea for a potential 'Bat Out Of The Netherworld III' but it all depends on where I take the story of HousepetZ from here :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If it involves Mungo getting covered in more stuff or hit in the face with pastries I say go for it. XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 2: Can't Keep A Mungo Down

One by one, the creatures of the Netherworld fell. Louder and louder, did Mungo's chainsaw rev. Hotter and hotter, did the two barrels of Mungo's shotgun burn. Bloodier and messier, did Mungo become but he didn't care. His sole goal was the third death of Sasha and nothing was going to stand between him and his goal. Carving a path of death through the demonic creatures, he swung the chainsaw like the mighty Excalibur and gave many a splitting headache while others seeing double-vision. Pulling the triggers of his own boomstick, he turned many a creature into nothing more then a fine red mist. To them, he was a monster that couldn't be stop. To himself? He saw himself as nothing more then a mad-as-heck dog. But as soon as the last demon fell and two smoking shells flew out of the gun, it was all over and all that was standing there was Mungo, covered in demonic goop. He stood there panting and fuming, drips of viscera dripping off his abs. Surveying the one-sided battle that took place, Mungo could only ilicit a small smile as he waded through the carnage towards his destination. However, he was soon stopped in his tracks by the sound of someone clapping. Though he knew who the clapping belong to as, once he turned around...

"Well, well, well," A floating Sasha commented as she looked over the remains of her new friends, "Looks like the K9's cuddly toy decided to pay wittle ole' me a visit. How kind!"
"You know perfectly well why I'm here,," Mungo retorted, not wanting to call her by Sasha as, to him, that name died when she took her first life, "Monsters like you do not deserve to live, even in a place that is deserving of them such like this." Sasha just laughed as she landed, "Now, is that a way to treat an innocent girl like me?" She sarcastically replied as her eyes went all puppy-dog like before laughing, "Please...if it weren't for me killing 'daddy', I'd still be a happy little puppy that all the males of Babylon Gardens pine for! I have to say though, I do miss those days, having all the males fall at my feet and do whatever I wanted to do. If they didn't, all I had to do was just cry and they become like good, obedient, puppies," she began to brush her paw against Mungo's chest as she continued, "I had everything going for me...but then you K9's decided to put your noses where they don't belong."
"We tried to help you," Mungo growled, flicking her paw off his body, "Your owner was abusive, locking you out and treating you like dirt. We were going to get you emancipated..." Before he could even finish, Sasha smacked him in the face and chided, "Who said you could talk, dog?" Mungo, however, barely flinched but did wince a little bit from the smack, which made Sasha giggle. "Still the tough puppy, aren't ya?" She remarked, "Well, let's just see how tough you really...ARE!" Much to Mungo's shock, Sasha suddenly landed a kick that sent him flying a good few feet forward, landing close to some lava. Before he could even stand up, Sasha suddenly appeared beside him and place her foot on the back of his head. "Now, what was it that you did to me...oh yes...enjoy the mud facial! Or should I say...lava bath!" Even though Mungo was strong, Sasha was horrifyingly stronger as, somehow ignoring all resistance from him, she pushed him face first into the lava. Bubbles soon came up from where his face was as she held it there for a good few minutes before lifting her foot up, followed by her reaching down and lifting Mungo up from the lava, only to find that his face was perfectly fine, just dripping with lava. She only smirked and commented that, "You're tougher than you look...guess you really are a descendant of that Satau freak. No matter..." she then chucked him back onto the ground and, once again, began pushing him face first into the ground. This time, much to his horror, he was actually sinking into the ground and, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't break free. Sasha was burying him alive, though she did let him keep both the shotgun and chainsaw as, to her, what good would they do him?
"Enjoy your new home and, hey, when you finally die...I have the perfect spot for you in my new home," Sasha laughed as the last remaining part of Mungo, that being his tail, sank into the ground. Lifting her foot up and smiling, she walked a few feet away before teleporting herself back to her newfound lair. It was then very quiet for a bit, with the only sounds being the crashing lava against the ground and the hot winds of the Netherworld. However, this silence was soon broken when the ground began to violently shake and rattle. One would think it was an earthquake and one would normally be right, however that wasn't the case as, protruding from the ground, a large, dark, furred fist holding a shotgun burst from the ground. It then dropped the gun and started to claw at the ground, seemingly pulling something from beneath out and pulled something it was for, coming out of the ground, was one very angry Mungo. With all his might, Mungo had dug himself out of the shallow grave that Sasha put him in and was now angrier then ever. As he stood up and looked towards the distant city, he quickly determined that was where Sasha was. But before he even lifted a paw to begin walking, a bright green flash from his right caught his attention. Looking over, he noticed that there was something glowing within a small cave. Thinking it was actually friendly as evil usually has red, Mungo, after holstering both the shotgun and chainsaw, headed into the cave and towards the green glow. Noticing the glow coming from a chamber, he was ready to walk in but his gaze was soon caught by some wording up above the chamber's entrance. While it was written in an ancient language, somehow Mungo was able to understand it. The wording read 'Let this tool be helpful in your battle, my descendant,' which confused Mungo a bit but that confusement was soon washed away the moment he entered the chamber. Sitting in the middle on a pedestal was the tool mentioned and it was nothing like Mungo had ever seen. Looking like something from a video game, the tool was humongous in size and looked heavy as well. It was adorned with silver metal and a green tube in the middle. The grip itself was covered in rich Corinthian leather. The barrel was ordained with images of various creatures and the words 'ONE SHALL STAND' on the one side and 'MANY WILL FALL' on the other. In front of this magnificent tool was a plinth with an inscription that Mungo recognized immediately, as he was hearing it in his head the day he first fought Sasha:

"SO YOU WALK ETERNALLY THROUGH THE SHADOWS REALMS, STANDING AGAINST EVIL WHERE ALL OTHERS FALTER. MAY YOUR THIRST FOR RETRIBUTION NEVER QUENCH, MAY THE BLOOD ON YOUR SWORD NEVER DRY, AND MAY WE NEVER NEED YOU AGAIN. THEY ARE RAGE, BRUTAL, WITHOUT MERCY. BUT YOU. YOU WILL BE WORSE. RIP AND TEAR, UNTIL IT IS DONE. MAY THIS WEAPON HELP YOU BRING DESTRUCTION TO THOSE WHO CHALLENGE YOU. FOR YOUR NAME WILL BE LEGENDARY AND MAY IT BRING FEAR TO THOSE WHO HEAR IT"
-The Song Of Satau-

And under this song was the name of the tool that sat before him and that was Jörmungandr. Mungo knew what that name meant as he gripped the weapon and lifted it up in the air: He was going to be unleashing Ragnarök on Sasha. Walking out of the cave with Jörmungandr strapped to his back and his shotgun and chainsaw on his side and spotting a motorcycle that one of the creatures that attacked him rode, he lifted the bike up, got on, started it, and drove to the city of Pandemonium: He had a date with Sasha he was going to keep.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wonderful job on this chapter! I hope that Mungo manages to get the best of Sasha again and erases her from existence!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Great job! Loved the “rich Corinthian leather” touch. Mungo is mad and Sasha better watch out.
Last edited by trekkie on Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Oh my dog...
That was tense!
Good job on this!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Wonderful job on this chapter! I hope that Mungo manages to get the best of Sasha again and erases her from existence!
Or will she be? ;)
trekkie wrote:Great job! Loved the “rich Corinthian leather” touch. Mungo is mad and Sasha better watch out.
Heh, actually imaging Mungo with Ricardo Montalban's voice..pretty sure all the girls in Babylon Gardens would be fighting over him then xD
FoxyBoi wrote:Oh my dog...
That was tense!
Good job on this!
Thanks!
Nathan Kerbonaut

If I heard the Song of Satau on my way home I'd run for my life :lol: Wicked chapter Sean!
FoxyBoi wrote:Oh my dog...
That was tense!
Good job on this!
If you think this is tense (which it is!), then you have to read the rest of this story if you haven't already. It's a wild ride throughout :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am still hoping for an ACTUAL mud facial for Mungo instead of a lava bath because I'm pretty sure both are different things.

XD
Nathan Kerbonaut

Idk if anyone cares but this morning I had the funny idea to count every single HousepetZ chapter, so I did. Here's my up-to-date table of contents of the story. I added links for easy re-reading.

I didn't realize how huge this story's become! The current total: 182 chapters across 24 arcs. Can't help but respect the dedication and effort Sean's poured into this thing :)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Idk if anyone cares but this morning I had the funny idea to count every single HousepetZ chapter, so I did. Here's my up-to-date table of contents of the story. I added links for easy re-reading.

I didn't realize how huge this story's become! The current total: 182 chapters across 24 arcs. Can't help but respect the dedication and effort Sean's poured into this thing :)
Dude! That is awesome! I didn't even realize I wrote that many chapters! Thanks!
Nathan Kerbonaut

It may not be the way most people start their weekend but I had fun doing it because I love data entry projects. Plus it feels good to document stuff I appreciate for future reference :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am also very interested in data entry projects myself and I like sorting stuff if I am honest. LOL
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

That ‘s pretty cool, Nathan, good job.

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Man, I'm bad at keeping surprises at times :lol: As I work on Chapter 3 (Planned on working on it today, but I got busy), wanted to let y'all know that the 6th Season of HousepetZ is all planned on and what I got in store? Oh, it's gonna be awesome:

HousepetZ: Enter The MultiVerse (the BIGGEST story I've ever done)
HousepetZ: Hybrid Hayven
HousepetZ: Raccoon With A Shotgun

HousepetZ: Tiger's Bad Fur Day: Electric Boogaloo
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sounds really entertaining! I will keep an eye out for these as well as Mungo's mud facial. :mrgreen:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

They sound exciting. I’ll be looking forward to reading them.

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sounds really entertaining! I will keep an eye out for these as well as Mungo's mud facial. :mrgreen:
Heh well we'll see :)
trekkie wrote:They sound exciting. I’ll be looking forward to reading them.
Thanks! I have some great plans for them, especially the 'Enter The MultiVerse' arc, which personally may be the coolest arc I'm going to do.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you need to, I can even write that scene out. XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

(Bit of a short chapter as I've been busy)

Chapter 3: Earthquake On The Shores Of The Netherworld

The burning landscapes of the Netherworld passed by Mungo as he roared through on the bike, the hot winds burning his face. But none of that mattered to him. Not the pain from the heat nor the hot winds. All that mattered to him was reaching Sasha and ending her once and for all. As he roared ever closer to the city of Pandemonium, a burning feeling of rage once again built up in him. Rage he felt when he first fought her. Rage he was welcoming with open arms. However, as he got closer, he suddenly looked up as he heard a whistling sound and it was getting closer. Before he could even react, he was suddenly thrown off the bike as the fireball connected, destroying the bike and sending him flying backwards into a puddle of Netherworld mud, which was thicker then what was found on Earth and more of a dark red color then the typical brown.
"How's it feel, dog?" Mungo recognized that voice as he pushed himself up from the mud, "You did the same thing to me back on Earth. Now I get to do the same to you!" Floating above the ground was, once again, Sasha, sporting a grin that would make the Joker himself jealous. Her paw redder then the Sun, Sasha continued to push Mungo into the ground in the hopes to suffocate him for what he did to her. However, she stopped after a bit to levitate him off the ground and float him towards her, so she could look him right in the eyes. "Look at you, canine: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my world. How can you challenge a perfect creature when you can't even save a mutt?" She grinned evily while running her now clawed paw down Mungo's face, "Aww, are you afraid? What is it that you fear? The end of your trivial existence? When the history of my glory is written, your death and your species shall only be a footnote to my magnificence." As Sasha prepared to end Mungo, she noticed he was smiling as well, then was quickly taken aback as he began to laugh, "Wh-wh-what is so funny, dog? Your impending death?" Mungo continued to laugh as he shook his head and replied with a simple "Nah, I was just thinking how funny you looked in mud." Suddenly and quite quickly, his laughter stopped as he drew his sawed-off and fired both barrels at a surprised Sasha, who dropped to the ground below with a grunt. Mungo followed suit but landed Superman-style before standing up and, with a quick reloaded, quickly fired more rounds at Sasha, who simply shrugged off the rounds like they were nothing. "Shoot first, ask later, huh?" Sasha retorted, "Thought K9's believed in Innocent Until Proven Guilty!"
"Yes," Mungo said as he reloaded once more, "If you were mortal. But you live here now and you killed Fox...I'm going to make sure youARGH!" Before he could even finish, however, Sasha had grabbed one of the destroyed demon-bike's parts and whipped it at Mungo, sending him flying back a few feet onto the ground, knocking the shotgun out of his paw. Brushing away some of the soot from the fired rounds, Sasha smiled again and, in a voice that could only be described as straight from ones nightmare, she said to Mungo, "If I was mortal, huh? Tell me, canine...can pathetic mortal dog do THIS?!" Sasha suddenly began to roar as she floated off the ground. Her body grew muscles that rivaled Mungo and her fur became as red as the sky above. From her back, wings of a gryphon as long as a dragon sprouted out. Her already clawed paws became sharper then ever. Her teeth became like fangs. Her eyes became like a reptile. As Mungo stood up, Sasha landed infront of him and roared to the sky above. "When I first arrived, there wassss no one to rule over thisss place! No one to command the troopsss! I ssstepped up and took control! I abssorbed the powerssss of the Eudoant! Partook of the giftsss of the Forgotten! Embraced the might of Pete The Gryphon! I became the Queen!" Sasha hissed and roared as Mungo looked on, secretly pulling a small handle from his back belt clip, along with the chainsaw from his side clip. Sasha added then, "And look at you, mutt! You thought you could beat me? Me! The missstresss of thisss domain! Ruler of thisss world!"
"Well, I got news for you, Mistress," Mungo smirked, Sasha tilting her head in confusment, "Right now, you're good ruling only two things: Jack and Crap....and Jack's dead..." With a roar and a mighty swing, Mungo swung the chainsaw and, like a hot knife through butter, removed Sasha's left leg, instantly dropping her. She at first roared in pain but began laughing as she began to flap her wings. Mungo, however, foresaw this as he jumped onto her back and, with all his might, tore the dragon wings from her body, each rip making her scream in pain like never before and causing earthquake after earthquake to shake the city of Pandemonium and the area around them. As Mungo chucked the other wing into the lava, Sasha flipped herself around and knocked Mungo off of her, but Mungo just shot back up and walked slowly towards her, the grip from his back now in his paws forming into the mighty Jörmungandr. Sasha panted in agony as she growled, "Who do you think you are, mutt...I am Ssssasha Hartford...I killedMMRPH," before she could even finish, Mungo shoved the front barrel of the massive Jörmungandr cannon into her beastly mouth. As the weapon charged, Sasha tried to speak but her words were muffled by the cannon as Mungo growled a familiar phrase to her, one she recognized from her days on Earth during the first zombie apocalypse: "I do not CARE who you are anymore and don't you DARE call me mutt! My name is Mungo Helsing...and Fox said Hi." With a pull of the trigger, a bright green glow suddenly emitted from the barrel of Jörmungandr's and Sasha's beastly mouth before a loud explosion, followed by a green light, suddenly engulfed the area, along with the sounds of screams and roars. But just as quickly as it appeared, it was over and all that remained in that area was a destroyed and burning corpse. And standing over the corpse? Covered in the bile that flows through a Netherworld creature and holding Jörmungandr? A giant, muscle bound K9 Officer and a descendant of Satau. His name is Mungo Helsing and on that day, he became known throughout the Netherworld by one other name: Câinele morții. In our tounge? The Dog Of Death.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Mungo makes it look easy. Thrilling chapter Sean :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

... :shock: HOLY CRAP that was awesome! Very thrilling! I loved the way that came out! Nice! :mrgreen:

Now if you excuse me, I'm off to remind everybody that Mungo's the property of Elena and only she can feast on his magnificence. XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Mungo makes it look easy. Thrilling chapter Sean :D
Thanks! Was an alternate ending that was going to reference a moment from the Thor comics (He Stood Alone at Gjallerbru) but I didn't want it to seem like Mungo died as I have no intentions of killing him (Plus, I'm pretty sure that would ignite a massive war if I did :lol: )
Amazee Dayzee wrote:... :shock: HOLY CRAP that was awesome! Very thrilling! I loved the way that came out! Nice! :mrgreen:

Now if you excuse me, I'm off to remind everybody that Mungo's the property of Elena and only she can feast on his magnificence. XD
Hehe, thanks!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I think we’ve all learned a valuable lesson here: Don’t harm Mungo’s friends. Great job on this chapter! Mungo is a great hero and Sasha was (is?) a great villain. Hopefully, this battle with Mungo has spelled the end of this canine menace, but she’s looked defeated before, and it wouldn’t be prudent for our heroes to get complacent about her.