2021/01/25 - Empty Den Syndrome

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Startrekfan47

Re: 2021/01/25 - Empty Den Syndrome

Post by Startrekfan47 »

Ash Greytree wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:48 pm The idea of Todd's Mom being oblivious to the actual danger at hand, getting captured by the demons, and winding up making cookies for Steward and Dino Demon, just rolling with it until she gets "rescued" has just popped into my head. Not sure if it'll happen, but it'd be hilarious and a way to keep the arc light-hearted if things get grim at times.
If that happens I'll start reading her lines in Gracie Allen's voice (a reference for those who remember George Burns before he was God.)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:25 am I doubt Todd's Mom will see much, if any, more action in this one outside of bits of humor. She's just there to sink any moment where he's trying to act tough and other characters can do that once they are on Earth. We rarely see human faces in the strip and she doesn't seem to be getting an exception to that (like say Joel or Lois did before they got animalized). While it would be cute to see her transformed into a red panda, and she is welcome bit of familial love as a nice contrast to Marion's mom flipping out, she hasn't done anything that would want or deserve that so unless all the humans get changed over I don't see it happening.
Yeah, especially since she never has been important before then, even.

And turning her into a panda would ruin some gags.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, a little fresh paint wouldn't hurt the place. It's kind of a dump. Oh ... wait ... right ... by definition, it is a dump. :oops:
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

All jokes aside, Marion's outfit is adorable...
--

Todd's a mess, he wants to flee
From a mom who won't leave him be,
But really, she means all the best
Before she leaves her son with all the rest.

But will they get to change back in the end?
Or will they be forced to bend
Over backwards all the same
Just to be used as pawns in Heaven's game?
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I do hope that Kitsune isn't just trying to trick them into helping then reneges on the agreement because he said it wouldn't ACTUALLY happen. If he did, not only would the transformed teenagers be annoyed but I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the readers would be also.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:25 am I do hope that Kitsune isn't just trying to trick them into helping then reneges on the agreement because he said it wouldn't ACTUALLY happen. If he did, not only would the transformed teenagers be annoyed but I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the readers would be also.
I'm thinking that something is going to happen that takes the ability away from Kitsune. Or at least Marion will be forced to stay a squirrel for some reason.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The only way I would be fine with that is if Marion actually CHOOSES to stay a squirrel like King chose to stay a dog. If he is forced to against his will when he had everything going for him I will not like it.

But unlike other rabid fans I won't send Rick death threats or threaten to boycott the comic.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:00 am
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:25 am I do hope that Kitsune isn't just trying to trick them into helping then reneges on the agreement because he said it wouldn't ACTUALLY happen. If he did, not only would the transformed teenagers be annoyed but I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the readers would be also.
I'm thinking that something is going to happen that takes the ability away from Kitsune. Or at least Marion will be forced to stay a squirrel for some reason.
Given Bahamut's undertone of annoyance, GK may expect to face a penalty of his own once the smoke clears.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He totally should be facing being disciplined once everything on Earth with the demon army is over and done with as he was the one that dropped the ball and the deal was he could do whatever he wanted on Earth as long as he monitored the demons to make sure nothing like this happened.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

Rick just did an overly lampshaded reference to Star Trek a few strips ago...I wonder if GK here is modeled after Kirk in "Star Trek III" when Kruge is choking him on the Genisis Planet. I always felt the makeup guys puffed Shatner's face up a little TOO much, maybe Rick agrees.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Startrekfan47 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:31 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:49 am
D-Rock wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:32 pm Hell is (simply) described as a place where joy isn't a thing. Cookies could upset their entire economy if they existed there!
Precisely! The cosmological consequences of introducing chocolate chip cookies into the Infernal dimensions would be ....... Pandemonium!!
Red Pademonium even. (Apologies to Rick if I stepped on a pun he was working up to.)
Well, the place could use some paint.......
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think it is supposed to be that dark and dreary color because its supposed to be devoid of anything that makes you feel good since it is an eternal punishment.