Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Discuss the comic here
Elwood Blutarsky

Re: Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

With transformation power unlocked humanity naturally monetizes it...
Taking advantage of pet care being generally cheaper than human health care a new retirement home opens up offering its residents transformations into dogs, cats, rabbits, and similar animals so they make their dollars go further, retire sooner, and enjoy more luxurious accommodations in their golden years. Another company starts offering temporary transformations for the purpose of exotic vacations (Enjoy the African savannah as a lion, spend a week in Alaska as a husky, take a migration "road trip" as a bird).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

A new female cat comes to the Garden and falls for Max and Max develops some feelings for her also leading to a love triangle between Grape, Max and the new arrival.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I admit, seeing Todd get squelched is a guilty pleasure ......... ;) :roll:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You are saying you want a big animal to sit on Todd? That is kind of weird I have to admit but it could be funny. Definitely see Todd as comic relief (and maybe a butt sticker.) :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:17 pm You are saying you want a big animal to sit on Todd? That is kind of weird I have to admit but it could be funny. Definitely see Todd as comic relief (and maybe a butt sticker.) :lol:
... maybe the Badger-Trinket Demon or an elephant from the Zoo.
TyVulpintaur

Post by TyVulpintaur »

Bodyswap (Peanut with Grape or Tarot, Duchess and Bino, Fox and the super-strong dog (I'm terrible with names...))
Edit: Seems like the type of thing Pete or Kitsune would do, just to mess with the gang
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think even Kitsune might do it since he is traditionally supposed to be a jokester. Could be fun but since we have gotten rid of anything supernatural in the comic to focus on slice-of-life and the demi-gods are mortal now I don't think that will ever happen.
HiraokaNettoMichio

Post by HiraokaNettoMichio »

Today on Housepets! The Miltion Ferrets wind up with stiff competition in the entertainment department! Nickey Nezumi is racking up cash fast as he takes up entertainment as his job! Meanwhile, Tomas Milton winds up being a mascot for Big Tobacco as they target the new demographic! I'll give you three guesses and no, Humans are not the target!

King winds up catching wind of the Camel's debauchery of a money making scheme and rallies the troops to defend their families from Big Tobacco and their horrible yet unwitting pawn of a mascot!

It's a very special brawl as the media becomes a battle ground! Will King and his band of parents protect their kids from this lethal force of a deadly habit? Will the Milton Ferrets compete against the mice in terms of their new star? Will the forces of evil laugh all the way to the bank leaving a smoky haze of death and destruction in their wake? Will Tomas Milton realize that he's being used as a unwitting pawn before it's too late? Find out right now as "the motto is Wild!"
Friend me on steam for a friendly game of whichever.

Steam Name: Hiraoka Netto Michio
(Username: James77358)
Steam Friend code: 51949146
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Because its doubtful we will be seeing the aardvark (who I named "Arthur") in any capacity again once the comic gets rebooted, my hope that he ends up finding someone who can fall in love with him and be his soulmate is probably gonna be off the table. Same goes for Todd as I don't think they are each other's soulmate.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:57 am Because its doubtful we will be seeing the aardvark (who I named "Arthur") in any capacity again once the comic gets rebooted, my hope that he ends up finding someone who can fall in love with him and be his soulmate is probably gonna be off the table. Same goes for Todd as I don't think they are each other's soulmate.
Todd has a soul ??? ;)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

NHWestoN wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:55 pm
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:57 am Because its doubtful we will be seeing the aardvark (who I named "Arthur") in any capacity again once the comic gets rebooted, my hope that he ends up finding someone who can fall in love with him and be his soulmate is probably gonna be off the table. Same goes for Todd as I don't think they are each other's soulmate.
Todd has a soul ??? ;)
I've heard people say Todd is OUR soul... ;)
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would say that he has a soul its just locked away deep inside of himself and hard to access so it manifests itself as him being a selfish unfeeling toe rag. I would like to think if he meets the right person he will open up more.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:39 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:55 pm
Todd has a soul ??? ;)
I've heard people say Todd is OUR soul... ;)
Peeples says thu'strangest thinks!! ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

They not only say them they also end up DOING the strangest things.

Like for example seeing all the fanfics Fox and Mungo are in together and find a way to keep them as close friends.

*looks away innocently*
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:13 pm They not only say them they also end up DOING the strangest things.

Like for example seeing all the fanfics Fox and Mungo are in together and find a way to keep them as close friends.

*looks away innocently*
Aaaaaaaand there are probably one or two that don't.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Plus i am sure the people that pair them up with someone else also get accused of being homophobes. I am NEVER gonna let that go. >_>
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Max, Marvin, and Res come suiting for the hand of fair Grape, but then there's a totally unexpected entry into the courtship contest ... Jasper (!).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Aardvark and Todd decide that their kiss meant more to the both of them than the other one thought and confront each other to confess that and then try to start a proper relationship.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Peanut is the bomb. If he gets too excited, the world as we know it could end.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that I am about to completely enrage some fans of this concept but I just can't see it happening at all nor Rick having any interest in it.

A polyamory story between Peanut/Tarot/Max/Grape. The most I can see is Peanut and Max switching partners so we get Peanut/Grape and Max/Tarot and even THAT I think is completely unlikely.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Interestingly enough, there are some people in the Patreon server who hold that the four of them are in a polyamorous relationship.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I honestly did not expect that to actually be the case admittedly. I thought that it was just a belief held by a minority of the people. So that is interesting.
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

Someone has already brought this up in the Headcanons thread as well. I like this theory, could even imagine it becoming canon.

And an arc that would never happen: Peanut and Grape get into a huge argument about something, causing them to end their friendship. Maxwell and Tarot work together to reconcile two Sandwiches, while simultaneously poking fun at this trope.
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Here is another one that I thought of while thinking about the Wolf Pack.

Four-Finger Discount Jack decides to put an end to his scamming ways and go COMPLETELY legit in everything.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Resolved to bring more animals in his school in teaching positions, Miles attempts to recruit Kix for a position which Kitsune, who wants her to be a stay-at-home, regards with alarm.