It's been a year

Discuss the comic here
GingaDensetsuAleu

It's been a year

Post by GingaDensetsuAleu »

Tomorrow marks one year since the comic went on Hiatus.
What do you guys do to pass the time while you wait? I've been working on a feature-length fanfiction, trying to avoid directly using any established characters as much as possible while still having it set within the world of Housepets.
It's harder than you would think.

Have a nice day and hope for the comic's return soon! :D
Quotidie apud comicos novas fascias deprimo, quotidieque tristis sum.
D-Rock

Re: It's been a year

Post by D-Rock »

Developing my own fan characters, really. Granted, their developments have now been like 98% outside of the setting. :oops:
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What I did was try to make sure that this forum doesn't completely crash and die out by being active on it as much as I can. Some days are slower than others but I think I have been doing a good job at it.
HiraokaNettoMichio

Post by HiraokaNettoMichio »

Working on my own stories. Heckraiser is Housepets' Countdown to Destruction and I am fine with the story ending there. A satisfying end if Rick wants to move on from Housepets.

Otherwise, some slight differences as the likes of kitsune, dragon and griffon are still celestials in spite of canon saying otherwise, the fan works of mine doing it's own thing by being akin to a digital world that you play in, even so far as to introduce some offbeat ideas and fan characters that may or may not be offbeat themselves.

And crossing over with Rick's other comic, Aladdin Grey may as well be Trunks if he was a disc jockey, complete with Adrian being his mother who still care for Ali while he's still a little kid.

("What do you think of Aladdin Grey?" "You mean "Prince Ali?" Everyone added things up upon that revelation that faithful show.")

...it only gets more inane and deranged from there. But enough about talking about my fan fiction.

It's time for everyone to forge new legends! I believe in you.
Friend me on steam for a friendly game of whichever.

Steam Name: Hiraoka Netto Michio
(Username: James77358)
Steam Friend code: 51949146
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

Spamming the forums, working on my Housepets characters and their stories, more recently started translating strips to my native language again (unsure whether there is another Housepets fan from my country currently).
Not related to the forums, but I'm also preparing for some abroad trips as I'm going to go Prague and Tauplitz this year and maybe I can squeeze in some short trips to Vienna, Bratislava or Brno
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:55 pm What I did was try to make sure that this forum doesn't completely crash and die out by being active on it as much as I can. Some days are slower than others but I think I have been doing a good job at it.

... and so do I. ;)
Fragens

Post by Fragens »

Isn't may 8 the anniversary, because this was a leap year? :?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I honestly don't thin leap years count in the grand scheme of days except if something falls on the 29th. So even though the anniversary was a day before with the leap year added it is just easier to say its still a year.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

yup.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I honestly can't think of anybody adding a day to a year to say that is the anniversary because it was a leap year. If we did that then all of our birthdays would also be different.
Fragens

Post by Fragens »

Fair, then. :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .............. :roll:
GingaDensetsuAleu

I still check the comic every single day to see if it's been updated, but I guarantee I won't notice right away when it does get updated because I'll just be sitting there staring blankly at it. I had been operating under the secret hope that Rick would resume the comic at the one year mark from when he put it on hiatus. Now I'm hoping for a mid-July date. I'm guessing he's worked out his scripts for all his active projects and is just working on a buffer of at least a few months' worth for all of them so he can draw new pages at his leisure.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Rick will get back to the comic once he feels he doesn't have to rush anything else. I get the feeling that trying to make sure the comic was updated on certain days was why he burned out and wanted to take the hiatus from it in the first place.
GingaDensetsuAleu

Honestly he'll probably give us a heads-up at least a week before he brings it back. I don't ACTUALLY expect to find an update when I check every day, but I do get disappointed every time anyway. If he decides not to bring it back at all, he'll most likely tell us that too.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Waiting for Slo-Go ( or was it Godot ?).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This waiting however makes Godot look like The Flash in comparison. After all of this time if Rick decides to just end things it really will be very sad but expected.