How did you come up with your username?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Senator_Sunburst

Re: How did you come up with your username?

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

Hah! My guess what right!

I'm the biggest Tails fan ever, so I couldn't help but think "must be a reference to Tails?"
Liam

Post by Liam »

Dr. Prower wrote:I knew it too!
I knew it before you, because I was the one entering your dreams and putting the idea into your mind.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

It's really not that hard to figure out.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:I'm the biggest Tails fan ever
If I can stand talking to you, then you probably aren't. Have you seen rabid Sonic fans before? I'm sure at least one of them likes Tails more than both of us combined. And that person is no doubt frightening.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Sleet wrote:
Senator_Sunburst wrote:I'm the biggest Tails fan ever
If I can stand talking to you, then you probably aren't. Have you seen rabid Sonic fans before? I'm sure at least one of them likes Tails more than both of us combined. And that person is no doubt frightening.
See - NSFW Fandom
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

Sleet wrote:If I can stand talking to you, then you probably aren't. Have you seen rabid Sonic fans before? I'm sure at least one of them likes Tails more than both of us combined. And that person is no doubt frightening.

Those people aren't fans, they're just crazy. :P

Okay how about, I'm the biggest not-insane Tails fan ever?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

In that case, I might challenge you. There is a bit of buffer space between "more of a fan than me" and "crazy," however, so it's very possible you beat me.

Wait, why are we discussing this in this thread? This is about usernames.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I came up with my username because I own four beagles (used to be six), and they're one of my favorite breeds of dogs.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

I honestly have no idea...
Normally I use just DarkHearts (I think I blame Kingdom Hearts for that) and that was already taken for the gravatar thingy, so I added the AndSuch just to make it different. I don't think it occurred to me that it wouldn't be taken on the forums, so I left it on there...
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

I actually ahve several usernames I use. I actually decided to give each a persona.

Haru Totetsu = Me
Henaru = Fictional Cat (he's got an 'active' personality)
Kazuki = A Dragon (very VERY formal, a great cook to)

I actually draw straws with them when picking a name, the only exception is my YouTube username because we had an argumant and I just decided to make one up. It became PhycoDreamer, I thought it described me quite nicely.

Henaru and Kazuki are names that I just found and liked the meaning of, and I like the way they role off my tongue.

Haru is the name of a female character from a Studio Ghibli movie called The Cat Returns and after doing some research into the name I found that it was a unisex name so it could be a boys as well, so I felt gender safe with it. The Totetsu part is actually a way I miss-spelled the name of a creature from a novel series (that bacame an anime) called The Twelve Kingdoms, it looked good and because of the way I'd spelt it there was no chance of copyright so I felt hapy with it.

Oh and I have also been informed to tell you that Henaru is the most lovable and adorable feline you could posibly imagine, he has no possible character flaws and is perfcet in every way. I'll let you guess who wanted me to say that. He can be proud some times.
TheBlackParrot

Post by TheBlackParrot »

My favorite color is black, and my favorite animals are parrots.

The name also seemed original.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

this is actually the same username i've used on almost every site i've joined with
the first one was neopets

my brother helped me choose it, and we chose mariomarc, cause we used to play Mario games all the time as kids

i think we still have our SNES
ZOMG A WAFFLE

Post by ZOMG A WAFFLE »

I liek wafflez.

But seriously, I came up with the name on the spot. I was just gonna use one from a different forum, but then I reconsidered.
"When you eat crackers in the bed of life, it gets all... scratchy..."
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

I usually go by NobodyYouKnow, because its me! it undermines conformitiy and incorperates my humor. when i signed up i was saucey, so i mixed it up, but not to much.

what do you guys think about this thread, but instead of username, avatar?
bwah bwah
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

SomebodyYouKnow wrote:what do you guys think about this thread, but instead of username, avatar?
Sure... But let me warn you some of us change avatar really often... And I mean REALLY often.

Since username is usually permanent, we only need to explain it once. But I will probably have to explain my avatars more than once, not that I mind explaining my avatars. :P
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

My name's Elliot, And i play shooting games.
That Scout is a spah by the way.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Hi Elliot!
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Liam wrote:Hi Elliot!
GASP, I've been noticed!
Liam

Post by Liam »

Yes, err, noticed. And it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I mistook this tab for the one with the introduction thread, nosir.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Sure about that Liam?
Liam

Post by Liam »

Yes.
Medli

Post by Medli »

Well, Medli is only the first name of my very first game character.
Usually the name would have been Medli Goll, he was an elf in some online browser RPG. My mother made that name up back then, because I was 7 and couldn´t think of much^^

Since then I was Sirius, Serious, and one day I got desperate because all my names were taken and invented BERENEGELADURUSH.
Medli was unique, until(well it seems) some Zelda developer nerd stumbled upon it and put it in as name for that awkward looking whatever-it-is-thingie in "The Windwaker".

Since then I am quite angry about it, because since then Medli is often already taken. I used it here, because it is my default nick^^

Oh, and if you google Medli, you´ll only find pictures of that thingie(wtf is it supposed to be? >.<) and in third place the DA profile of some guy who took my name :/
<+Vaddie> ... WHY AM I A GIRL ON FIRE WEARING 30 PAIRS OF PANTS ALL OF A SUDDEN
* +SickDynar is like the fountain of youth, except with drool instead of youth.
Aah, I LOVE quotes :3
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Medli wrote:Well, Medli is only the first name of my very first game character.
Usually the name would have been Medli Goll, he was an elf in some online browser RPG. My mother made that name up back then, because I was 7 and couldn´t think of much^^

Since then I was Sirius, Serious, and one day I got desperate because all my names were taken and invented BERENEGELADURUSH.
Medli was unique, until(well it seems) some Zelda developer nerd stumbled upon it and put it in as name for that awkward looking whatever-it-is-thingie in "The Windwaker".

Since then I am quite angry about it, because since then Medli is often already taken. I used it here, because it is my default nick^^

Oh, and if you google Medli, you´ll only find pictures of that thingie(wtf is it supposed to be? >.<) and in third place the DA profile of some guy who took my name :/
IT'S A RUTO MAN A RUTO
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Kazuo1G

Post by Kazuo1G »

My username came about when I took an internet Japanese name test (I think it was one of those "do-when-you're-bored" things), and I got a name from it: "Kazeo _______" (I can't remember the last name) Anyways, I threw it aside, and I never looked at it for a long while.

Fastforward to 2008: I got interested in anime and Japanese culture, and I decided my old internet name, "T-Squared", was overused a little too much, so I decided to go back on the Japanese name I got from the test, but by that time, it got erased from an accident.

The only name I could remember was "Kaz_o" (couldn't remember the vowel that went there), so I gave myself the pseudonym "Kazuo", but it needed a last name that didn't sound overused. "Ichigama" was the only name I could think up at the time. I've kept it ever since.

Now, the "1G" part comes from the fact that "ichi" in Japanese means "1", and "gama" is simply shortened to "G".
Enty

Post by Enty »

enty is a shortening of my old dA username, entertheplayers
This is not a signature.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

I wasn't feeling creative when I joined... Wolf was the only username I could think of at the time.

And I wanted to see if it was taken... I was greatly surprised when it wasn't.
Frankenstein Shelley
S-7; P- 8; E- 6; C- 4; I- 7; A- 5; L- 5
rempar11

Post by rempar11 »

rempar is one of my dogs name _-old dog-_ and im 11 :3 now that you know the origins shoo shoo
when it nonsense work try try again if that cant work hit it with a frying pan
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once."
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

What happens when you turn 12? :3

Does this forum even allow name changes?
rempar11

Post by rempar11 »

but i made this account when i was 11

i dont think so
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once."
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

But then your name would be wrong. How could you live with such an injustice?
NightFox

Post by NightFox »

Mine was kind of like Wolf's.
And, there isn't any way to change your username, here, is there?

Oh, and aren't you Wynd, Koda?
there is no such thing as luck. if there was, there would surely be at least one person with all of it, and nothing bad would happen to them ever. but as far as I can tell, bad things happen to everyone.
rempar11

Post by rempar11 »

well it will be a year till it and i will mostly ether:(A) i forget my password (b) i get bored
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Bored of us? *sniff*
rempar11

Post by rempar11 »

well i am just 11 and i will go to high school next year... social ladder so it might be a =+OMG! LOL !#!@# LOOK ITS JJ TEH FURRY+= i mean im not a furry and i don't want to be treated like something im not and most of my friend judge people on little things
Jack

Post by Jack »

well, i just lost the game and i was all like "fudge! i just lost the game! oh hey, Jack is a nice name." :3

that is totally not how it happened. :/
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

rempar11 wrote:well i am just 11 and i will go to high school next year... social ladder so it might be a =+OMG! LOL !#!@# LOOK ITS JJ TEH FURRY+= i mean im not a furry and i don't want to be treated like something im not and most of my friend judge people on little things
Never bothered me.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't think anyone is going to call you that just because you talk with us on the internet. Unless you only use the internet in front of your friends. And they know what it means. And they make the connection between us and that subculture.
rempar11

Post by rempar11 »

right well my friends come over to do reports on my computer cause they do have one and when one know about the whole school knoews
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

How do they find out what internet communities you visit by using a word processor?
NightFox

Post by NightFox »

NightFox wrote:And, there isn't any way to change your username, here, is there?
Is there?

I've been wanting to make my name a little more original than NightFox.
there is no such thing as luck. if there was, there would surely be at least one person with all of it, and nothing bad would happen to them ever. but as far as I can tell, bad things happen to everyone.