Housepets! Animated! Central Development Thread

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

GreatKitsune

Re: Housepets! webshow, anyone?

Post by GreatKitsune »

Thanks for all your efforts, guys! Audition numbers have doubled thee last two days!
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

So... how's everything else for the project going?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

I've been overhauling my laptop, so I haven't been able todo anything. (I'm posting this through my XBOX One.)
Hello, low order beings!

Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well then I hope that you can get back to this soon!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I've been working on the tutorials of AS9 and can't believe how easy it is to do some of the stuff! I'm having a ton of fun learning the ropes, and the next lesson is about characters! Woop woop!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
AuraSight

Post by AuraSight »

Awwww, I'm kinda sad I didn't see this thread earlier! Are auditions still being taken? o-o
Do you like conversations? I like conversations! Feel free to message me and we can talk about stuff and things! ^^
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah! Auditions for Peanut are open, but I think we're doing a poll for Grape's voice right now. I'm really rooting for Obbl ^^
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I also saw this a bit late, but I immediately submitted some voices. I think I had too much fun trying out for rex) :lol:
But yeah, I'm rooting for Olbb to be grape as well. There where quite a few good ones but his just stuck with me. :)
ImageImageImageImage
AuraSight

Post by AuraSight »

The thing is I can do kinda good comedic impressions and accents, but I have no idea how to attempt serious voice-acting. xD
Do you like conversations? I like conversations! Feel free to message me and we can talk about stuff and things! ^^
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

AuraSight wrote:The thing is I can do kinda good comedic impressions and accents, but I have no idea how to attempt serious voice-acting. xD
Hey, we'll need accents for the Mouse Mouse Revolution arc. :)
Hello, low order beings!

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

GreatKitsune wrote:
AuraSight wrote:The thing is I can do kinda good comedic impressions and accents, but I have no idea how to attempt serious voice-acting. xD
Hey, we'll need accents for the Mouse Mouse Revolution arc. :)
THAT I can do!
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Oh wow, how could I miss this thread all the time :shock:

So it's still possible to send in auditions? ^^
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
AuraSight

Post by AuraSight »

Should be possible to send in submissions still, Hukley! Voting for Grape is going on now, but I'm pretty sure all other auditions are still being taken.

I just submitted my auditions for all the male characters except for Rex and Mr Sandwich (my voice isn't low enough), and Fox (I have no shot at that. xD)
Auditioning for Bino and Tiger were a biiiit too much fun. ^^"

What I don't know is whether auditions can be re-submitted? I already have a new microphone coming in since my current one gave out, so my recording has a few quality issues. :?
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Heh, that's fun! :D

Just submitted for Joey, Rex, Tiger and Fox :)
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

AuraSight wrote:Should be possible to send in submissions still, Hukley! Voting for Grape is going on now, but I'm pretty sure all other auditions are still being taken.

I just submitted my auditions for all the male characters except for Rex and Mr Sandwich (my voice isn't low enough), and Fox (I have no shot at that. xD)
Auditioning for Bino and Tiger were a biiiit too much fun. ^^"

What I don't know is whether auditions can be re-submitted? I already have a new microphone coming in since my current one gave out, so my recording has a few quality issues. :?
Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. :)
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:I also saw this a bit late, but I immediately submitted some voices. I think I had too much fun trying out for rex) :lol:
But yeah, I'm rooting for Olbb to be grape as well. There where quite a few good ones but his just stuck with me. :)
For some reason, I can't get yours to load. :(
Hello, low order beings!

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Wait like ALL of mine or just Rex? Either way that sucks because Rex was my favorite to do :(
They all play for me, must be one of those weird glitches the files sometimes get. Apparently others have had problems with them.
ImageImageImageImage
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Wait like ALL of mine or just Rex? Either way that sucks because Rex was my favorite to do :(
They all play for me, must be one of those weird glitches the files sometimes get. Apparently others have had problems with them.
All, actually, but I've restarted since, so they may work now.
Hello, low order beings!

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Jumped on a gave my vocal cords a working! I tried out for Bino, Joey, Tiger and Fox! Aha! Auditioning is so FUN!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Dang it, really want to try this now.

Couple things stopping me; almost always at work, rarely home alone, very little acting experience (none of it all that good), and no microphone. I guess I could try the built-in one on my laptop, but not sure how well it works yet.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Built in mics work pretty well. I use my laptops mic for anything I record so it shouldn't be too bad. :)
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Alright, I'll give it a test run in a few days. ANOTHER worry; my voice doesn't have the widest of vocal ranges. Unless it's a singing role, then slightly better.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well we will see how your voice comes out then. I'm sure its not that bad!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Well I finally got a mic that works!

BTW, Am I the only one that thinks Peanut's lines don't show his character enough? I mean, the "GRAAAAPE" one is definitely needed so that you know if the person can pull of the iconic quote, but the other two ones are displaying him emotionally distressed rather than his usually perky attitude. Eh, maybe it's just me.
AuraSight

Post by AuraSight »

My thought was that that the lines were chosen because they are relativly early lines in the comic. But that was just my theory. *shrugs*
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

AuraSight wrote:My thought was that that the lines were chosen because they are relativly early lines in the comic. But that was just my theory. *shrugs*
Yep. That, and it's easier to judge with more emotional lines.
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Built in mics work pretty well. I use my laptops mic for anything I record so it shouldn't be too bad. :)
Depends on the model. My HP Pavilion's built-ins are both crap. A lot of interference, feedback, clipping, and annoying background sensitivity. :|
Hello, low order beings!

AuraSight

Post by AuraSight »

GreatKitsune wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Built in mics work pretty well. I use my laptops mic for anything I record so it shouldn't be too bad. :)
Depends on the model. My HP Pavilion's built-ins are both crap. A lot of interference, feedback, clipping, and annoying background sensitivity. :|
My auditions were made with the in-line mic of a $10 pair of earbuds, and I was surprised at how clear that came out! Use whatever you have, and you may be surprised as well! And remember Audacity does have some rudimentary tools for removing noise.

I recently got a slightly better mic with at least a semblance of a pop-filter, so I'm gunna try recording with that and if the audio quality is any better, I'll be resubmitting my auditions if that isn't too complicated. Besides, recording is just a lot of fun, and I'm glad that the response on CastingCall to my auditions has been at least a little positive. ^^"
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

SuperStar wrote:Well I finally got a mic that works!

BTW, Am I the only one that thinks Peanut's lines don't show his character enough? I mean, the "GRAAAAPE" one is definitely needed so that you know if the person can pull of the iconic quote, but the other two ones are displaying him emotionally distressed rather than his usually perky attitude. Eh, maybe it's just me.
Well the way I see it is one needs to be able to say those lines well. I think there should be at least one of his cheery lines, but it is important to know if the voice actor can maintain a voice in a more serious or dramatic environment.
ImageImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That definitely is important. A nice actor has to be very versatile and not just stick with one thing.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
SuperStar wrote:Well I finally got a mic that works!

Well the way I see it is one needs to be able to say those lines well. I think there should be at least one of his cheery lines, but it is important to know if the voice actor can maintain a voice in a more serious or dramatic environment.
That's sort of what I meant. Maybe I didn't make it clear, but I wasn't saying that having two emotional lines was bad, just that I thought one of them should rather be perky.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that there should be more than just two lines and most would be perky. Peanut generally is very perky.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think that there should be more than just two lines and most would be perky. Peanut generally is very perky.
You can only have 3 lines on CastingCall. :(
Hello, low order beings!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well then only one should be depressing since Peanut is never that sad.
AuraSight

Post by AuraSight »

GreatKitsune wrote:You can only have 3 lines on CastingCall. :(
That really sucks. :(
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Sooo...

Tried a few test recordings before I posted anything, and wow, they sounded terrible! Figured that the built-in mic wouldn't be that great. I tried to use Audacity to see if I could learn to clean it up, as it sounded really grainy, like speaking over the phone, but it couldn't let me edit a WMA file. So, any pointers in doing this? Also, what is a cheap but good microphone I could look for?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Rock Band mics are alright, better than built in mics.

also, try actually recording the audio in Audacity, that way you can edit it with Audacity.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

D-Rock wrote:Sooo...

Tried a few test recordings before I posted anything, and wow, they sounded terrible! Figured that the built-in mic wouldn't be that great. I tried to use Audacity to see if I could learn to clean it up, as it sounded really grainy, like speaking over the phone, but it couldn't let me edit a WMA file. So, any pointers in doing this? Also, what is a cheap but good microphone I could look for?
The problem is that built-ins are usually omni mics (not made for recording). It's best to use a cardiod or condenser mic. Also, most DAWs don't support WMA, so channge your recorder's default to WAV or AIFF.
Hello, low order beings!

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Rock Band mics are alright, better than built in mics.

also, try actually recording the audio in Audacity, that way you can edit it with Audacity.
As in, the game accessory? Just MIGHT be able to get one in a few days.
GreatKitsune wrote:
The problem is that built-ins are usually omni mics (not made for recording). It's best to use a cardiod or condenser mic. Also, most DAWs don't support WMA, so channge your recorder's default to WAV or AIFF.
I'll look into those as well, then.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

D-Rock wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Rock Band mics are alright, better than built in mics.

yep. they're USB so they can be used with a computer. Still not the best, but probably better than the built-in
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
D-Rock wrote:

yep. they're USB so they can be used with a computer. Still not the best, but probably better than the built-in
They're supercardiod, I believe, which aren't ideal,but still a big step up.
Hello, low order beings!

AuraSight

Post by AuraSight »

How is supercardiod different than a regular cardiod mic? Aren't cardiod mics usually preferable for voice recording? Or have I been lied to?