HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

hackle

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by hackle »

Hackle hummed a tune he knew not of from where, but a faint memory as he searched the building before entering the supposed library of the house, looking around hackle pulls out the first book, which just happens to be a encyclopedia A-Z, and ridiculously thick, but hackle shrugs and just start to read while waiting to give the required signal,& hopefully increase his speach, each word sounded out and defined
Social media, is just as much of a curse, as it is a blessing, & our government doesn't like being filmed so keep filming
Hackle V. Tremor ~Friendly foxy foo!! ^o^
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yensid doesn't catch himself in time and his head thumps softly onto the couch as Amanda is pulled away. He huffs and sits up, rubbing the back of his head. Forgetting they had company, Yensid began to remove his head, but Retlaw forced his paws down on his head, locking it back into place.

"Ow! Ret, what the heck!"

"Not everyone likes seeing a show, Yensid."

Retlaw gestured to Jake with his eyes. Yensid sighed and lifted Retlaw up, putting him back in his seat.

"Fine. You can fix my headfur then."

Retlaw rolled his eyes and used his claws to rake the back of Yensid's head into place.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hlaoroo wrote:Hearing his name called, Sandy looks up from following the remains of the chinchilla's scent. "I'm here, Kay-" he replies automatically, cutting himself off and facepawing as he realises his mistake.
Big sandy isn't the only one facepawing at that. "That's going to get annoying..." Bonnie grumbles, between sniffs, most of her attention still on following the trail of scents everyone left earlier, still heading towards the tree-line and trying to look for spots where the scents diverge.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah, well," Kaylee said leisurely. "You know he likes you, don't you?" She scanned the dark before calling again. "Dunno how you do it, y'know? Put yourself on the line for others all the time?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig pulls the other half of his duo out into the forest, following the scent trail towards it's source. He poked his head over a log and takes another deep breath in before a series of short sniffs to pinpoint the source, "Who do you think is going to find her first? If you can find a picture of where she is I can port there."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

a mind-shattered owl flutters in an unstable pattern past rig in the dark, it's talons are a bit damp and it's muttering incoherently. for whatever reason when it sees Rig, it panics and bolts.

in the distance there's faint whimpering coming from under an old wrecked truck.

- - - - -

". . . . ." Bonnie doesn't really acknowledge the first bit. Sandy wasn't exactly subtle. But he wasn't exactly... er, okay, maybe he did have some muscle tone to him... Hmmm... Maybe spending all her time around other service dogs had spoiled her a bit. "I guess."

Continuing to follow the trail, she spotted Rig and Noah up ahead, seemingly having had a similar idea. Turning to Kaylee again, "You have a gift too... Don't you look for ways you can use it? This is how i can use mine, even if nobody notices it."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee considered that point. "There have been times," she confessed, "but it's usually to gain something or sort a debt. I turned back a forest fire threatening a village about seven months back. Almost killed me and I don't know if I'd do it again. I know you would without hesitation, Bonnie." She gave a slight grin. "And trust me, you've been noticed now."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig shifts to the side as the owl flies past, watching it dart away once it sees him, ".... Listen... Do you hear it? Noises of distress..." His eyes widen as the stench of the owl drifts past him, "Blóð... Vinsamlegast vera í lagi..." He suddenly takes off into a sprint towards the whimpering.
hackle

Post by hackle »

Hackle already 1/3 of the way through the giant encyclopedia/dictionary, trying not to fall asleep due to his boring, repetitive actions to better increase his vocabulary "Boring as is, is a must" muttered his linguistics increasing, though it's strong, drowsy effect spell like all study material seems to have, he pushed forward.
Social media, is just as much of a curse, as it is a blessing, & our government doesn't like being filmed so keep filming
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

After a moment or so, Andrew took to looking around the house himself. He peeked in at Hackle in the library for a moment, listening to the Kitsune, before stepping into the room. "Can I help in any way, err, Hackle," he asked.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hackle

Post by hackle »

Hackle smiles at andrew "I appreciate the worry I just curious about new area Hackles three coiled tails wagging at his nearly complete sentences, having better under standing while not raising his intelligence but getting him up to par levels
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"OK," Andrew said. "If you need help, just ask, yeah?" He nodded, thenheaded back towards the others.
-------------------------------------------------------------
"SAAAANNNDDDYYY!!" Kaylee called, following Rig and Bonnie.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig finds his way to the whimpering, almost running head first into the truck. "Sandy? Are you here?" He sniffed around the area, following his nose to underneath the truck, "Sandy? It is me, are you hurt?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Yeah, it's her alright. Noah said, looking rather worried. It has her Aura. He leaned down and looked into one of the holes in the side of the trunk. Sandy, are you okay? We can dry you off when we get back to the house.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig hurriedly but carefully reached a paw in for her, "We need to get you to the home where you are going to be safe." He explained as he felt around for the chinchilla.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The whimpering stops once Rig and Noah are closer, but up close it's not the only thing to deal with. Get close enough and you'll be assaulted by mental projections, distorted versions of machines and beings pulled from sandy's memories and imagination, warped into things of nightmares. It's painfully clear they're meant to scare anything and everything away from the 'hiding place' you're approaching.

When Rig reaches into the old wreck, he can feel it shift slightly, and a skittering sound as something backs away from his paw at first.

Its a minute or so before a coherent response comes back, "R-Rig?" She asks, slowly inching forward into sight.
She's clutching a barn owl feather that looks like it was ripped out of it's owner, and her coat has a few damp red patches.

"...back hurts..." she mumbles, eyes darting around, for all the good her vision does in the dark.
Deske

Post by Deske »

The wolf huffs as a wave of mental images forces it's way into his mind, "Yes, it is me. I am going to reach in farther. If I bump you do not be scared." He leans in a but more and moves his arm deeper into the wreck feeling around for a small ball of fur. Finally after many minutes of gentle sweeping motions with his hand, he lightly bumps something furry, yet wet instead of the dusty feeling he had expected. He carefully holds out a paw to help her out of the wreck, "Hah... Found you." He smiles.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee felt it on the edge of her mind. The fears and trepidations of the years and imaginings beyond even her worst experiences thundering, trying to force their way through as she fought to contain her winds. Micro hurricanes kept popping into existance and dying out. "She's... scared," Kaylee managed to tell Bonnie through gritted teeth.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hackle

Post by hackle »

Hackle hums as he continue to study the more dictionary then encyclopedia type book half way through he trecks on to persue better understanding though wanting to fall asleep, looking for a book on speach and phrasing he returns to his work
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Amanda was caught off guard by the sudden leaving thanks to Sandy, but quickly started looking around once they exited the house. She couldn't help but giggle as Sandy mistook the calls for his name, "I can only imagine how confusing that can be. But, you smell anything Sandy? I don't see anything."
"Not much. The rain hath wathsed away motht of it..." Sandy replies, sniffing around and following what trail he can. It's not long before it disappears though and he ends up lost.
"That'th it... I can't find the trail again. It'th gone... You thee anything? ... I'm not too thsure where we are either..." he admits eventually and somewhat reluctantly.

~~~~~~~~
"So... Jake... Let me start by asking you this... Do you believe that humans and animals have spirits or souls... Or that those spirits might not... disappear when the person dies?" The rat watches the rabbit closely, hoping he doesn't freak out and bolt. She doesn't think they need to hunt for three distraught creatures in one day.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Um, I... I suppose so, Holly," Jake said, not quite sure what Holly was getting towards yet.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Holly hops from Andrew to the table at which Jake is sitting and walks closer to him.
"Okay. That's good. And if you can accept that those spirits of the deceased might not disappear... Do you think they could interact with those still living?" The rat pauses for a moment, now close enough that Jake could easily see her slight transparency and the slight sheen of her fur.
"Look closely." she prompts. "Do I look like a normal rat?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda followed him as he followed the trail. Once the trail ended she squinted and glanced around quickly, unable to see anything of note to find Sandy. Her breath quickened slightly as she turned around not even recognizing the way back, having been so focused on finding the lost chinchilla. She trembled in anger at herself with heavy amounts of frost started to swirl around her, as she felt responsible for the scenario and the trouble it might cause the others. Feeling the magic build up from her anger, she punched a nearby tree, which covered a hefty chunk of its side in ice, as she cursed herself, "Should have done this! Left markers butdidn'tthink...!"

She panted from the magical exertion, her now throbbing paw as well as her negative thoughts towards herself, but her mind felt clearer from the former two reasons. She turned to Sandy, a frown still on her face, "Couldn't you follow our scent trails back? Or do we need to start wondering and icing up trees as we go?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jake held up a slightly shaky paw to touch her. "Um," he said. "N...nice ghost?". His grin softened and he fell backwards onto the sofa in a faint.
-------------------------------
Andrew rolled his eyes and was about to say something when Kaylee called. He heard the tightness in her voice as she asked for the signal. "You look after him," he told Holly and went to the library. "Sorry to disturb you, Hackle," he said, "but they need the lightning bolt?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig carefully pulled the chinchilla from the wreck, holding her gently in his paws, "Come, we must have you taken care of." He quickly drew a rune in the air and held a paw to her back, slowly healing it. "Come Noah, we must be in a hurry. She is injured." He turned back to the cat and motioned for him to walk the trail back with him.
hackle

Post by hackle »

Hackle nods as he jumps through an open window wind condensing to slow his fall, walking towards the center of the yard, wind starting to pick up with each step before the three tailed kitsune manipulates the wind into a blobish condensed shaped, while holding that with concentration, electricity arched dangerously from his paws as he reaches towards a cloud before bringing them down bring forth lance of lightning crackling down, igniting the condensed air into the image of a karma symbol each spiral giving the illusion of spinning
Attachments
images.JPG
images.JPG (3.62 KiB) Viewed 5957 times
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Kaylee felt it on the edge of her mind. The fears and trepidations of the years and imaginings beyond even her worst experiences thundering, trying to force their way through as she fought to contain her winds. Micro hurricanes kept popping into existance and dying out. "She's... scared," Kaylee managed to tell Bonnie through gritted teeth.
Bonnie herself seems to be having just as much trouble with the visions as her partner, "Is that what this is?" she growls, still moving toards where she saw Rig and Noah regardless. Charging headfirst into "danger" is nothing new to the firedog... she's just used to the danger being flames, not hallucinations. Her instinct to ready a protective spell rendered useless by the lack of physical threat.

It's not until they're closer and the attacks stop entirely that she speaks up again. "Something smells like blood..." she comments, a bit alarmed, as they catch up to Rig and Noah. "Find something?"

=======================

Clinging to rig's arm, and ceasing her mental attacks, Sandy allows herself to be lifted out of her hiding place without a word of protest.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig looked up ahead and spotted Bonnie and Kaylee heading towards them, "She was attacked by an owl for what I can tell. She has injuries, we must get to the house quick. She is being healed slowly, so I think she is to be fine. But she needs to be out of the cold." He held Sandy a little closer to him, intending to share as much of his body heat as he could with her.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I put in the call for the return signal," Kaylee said, still showing her mood in her bared lips and in the whistling winds. Behind her, Hackles' display lit the darkness. She looked to the Chinchilla and swallowed. "We made a friend, Sandy," she said, "wanna see him? . She tried to think of Hackle, as accurately as she could without being frightening.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hackle

Post by hackle »

Hackle controlled his breathing carefully as the symbol expands seeable to miles the fire taking a purplish tint to it with the ever present fuel of compressed air, huffing as hackle makes sure everyone sees it as it forces the trees to cast long shadows like a flair in pitch blackness would exploding like a ridiculously gigantic fire work as hackles concentration slips from the strain, having never used that much magic in one go "That ought to have done it, even a blind person could have seen that" Hackle pushed himself into the living room of the house to lay down the magnitude of his power a frightening concept if it wasnt for it's lack of use
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh. Rabbits." Holly rolls her eyes before jumping from the table to the couch and climbing up Jake. She pulls on his whiskers gently and pokes his nose with her cold paw, trying to wake him up.
"Jake? Can you hear me? Are you okay, Jake? Jake?"

~~~~~~~~
"It'th okay. It'th my fault too. I thsould altho have thought of that." Sandy admits as Amanda freezes the trees. He brightens as she suggests retracing their trail though.
"Hey, yeah! Why didn't I think of that? We can follow our own thcen- Ow! Hey! Ow!" The retriever yelps and glares up at the squirrel who's pelting the pair with pine cones and verbal abuse just in time to have another one bounce off his nose.
"Hey! Thtoppit!" he yells, covering his head and scooting away from the tree.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda nodded, though not really believing it to be his fault that much. She steps to his side and puts a paw on his shoulder, using her telekinesis to stop any pine cone from hitting her "Alright, then we should be heading back before a freak accident or storm puts a damper on that plan too. And if the rodent continues to bother us I'll freeze it's vile little mouth shut."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yes, mom," Jake said groggily, "I'll pick up the butter as well..." He opened the one eye and found himself looking at a little nose. "Ghost rat," he said quietly before closing the eye again. "Strange day this, isn't it, Holly," he asked with his eyes shur. "I only came out for some shopping."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"He is a kit sun. Like a fox with many tails. It seems he is nice, but we kind of just brought him back." Rig ducked under a low hanging branch, "He seems trustable enough. But, I do not think he has complete control over his power, which I still do not really understand."
hackle

Post by hackle »

Hackle grunt from the mass mamipulation of three elements. He had no trouble with wind, lightning was amazingly moderate, despite the failed an elemental bonding, & thirdly was fire which he had no experience in other then nearly causing a mass forest fire once then this time. Hackle found himself classifying the elements in two categories, control and power. Wind & water would be control. While fire & earth are power, with earth containing some aspects of control finally was lightning, a hybrid of the two classifications. "Ugh.. I suppose I'm not totally grained is due to wind being the base component that the fire was feeding from, and that thundra lance was only a split second flash..." The kitsune contemplated out loud
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Andrew watched from the doorway, having averted his eyes from the flash. "I don't know what you said," he called, grinning, "so that hasn't changed, eh? Still, you've done your best, Hackle. It's all they'd ask." He made to put a reassuring hand on the Kitsune's shoulder but recoiled slightly before the slight static discharge. "I'll let you work that static out first, eh? Can I ask you... where did you come from? I thought Kitsune's were um... more myth than real."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hackle

Post by hackle »

Hackle shrugged his shoulder in response to the question "farthest memory back I have is running from two creatures in fear for my life, then it blanks & I wake up to find my self in a different forest as far as I could tell near my soon to be garage turned bunker, alone. Though you know how reliable memories can be, always changing.. Wish i found this city sooner though" The myth fox said clearly, his english finally up to standard levels of a middle schooler but good enough, subconsciously leaning against the warmth from the hand on his arm
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Andrew said casually, holding his hand where it was. "There's plenty of time for questions now, eh?" He looked back towards the house. "Has anyone thought to offer you anything to eat or drink?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hackle

Post by hackle »

Hackle smiled at the offer, with a gracious look "If you have any, I would like to try some.. tea.. I believe was the name of it Hackles head subconsciously tilts sideways as he says tea. He looks at andrew curiously "If not then I'm fine due to my strong bond with water I can drink from air, as fo-" His stomach interrupts with a bit of a snarl causing him to blush "I guess I am a little hungry.." Hackle gives a smooth sounding chuckle embarrassed at his stomach rudely betraying him
Deske

Post by Deske »

"There, I see the house in front of us." The wolf hauls himself and Sandy over the fence, walking the yard and opening the back door. "We found her." He huffs and drops himself into a chair, "She was attacked by a bird, she will be okay though."