No
25%
Yes
75%

Total votes: 348

legendario13

Quick

Post by legendario13 »

I believe The difference is something really simply.

The name.
If you say 'cartoons' is okey.
If you say 'furry' or 'antrho' instead, people will relate it to fursuiting (and probably see them as perverts or clowns in the worst case) and even when they may not be against it or anything they will feel quite uneasy.
Psicology and bla bla, you know, different perceptions.
[this can be regional, this is how is it on mexico,more or less]
A moment of enlightenment...aaaaand it's gone
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Are You A Furry?

Post by Sleet »

And children who love furry movies often grow up to be furries who love furry movies. How many furries do you know that weren't at least sort of into this stuff their whole life?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

I actually am a furry thanks to all the books I read with animal protagonists.

Well, that and the internet anyways.
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
legendario13

Quick

Post by legendario13 »

Different Media, same result, a furry!.

interest in animals is a normal behaviour of human, because as advanced as we are, we are still animals, and they are our partners, friends and brothers in this world, is normal to feel empaty, respect and love for them, is unavoidable.

Being a furry is just to express a few questions you have in mind
"and what if they were like us"
"if we dessappear, would they replace us?"
Etc.

But i think is normal.
Medli

Post by Medli »

Took a blood test, it said furry.
Tiger furry, at that. o 3o
<+Vaddie> ... WHY AM I A GIRL ON FIRE WEARING 30 PAIRS OF PANTS ALL OF A SUDDEN
* +SickDynar is like the fountain of youth, except with drool instead of youth.
Aah, I LOVE quotes :3
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You sure that was a blood test? I think a hobo just wanted your kidney.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Sleet wrote:You sure that was a blood test? I think a hobo just wanted your kidney.
That reminds me of Charlie the Unicorn. Haha!
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
legendario13

Quick

Post by legendario13 »

You also want to go to the candy mountain Inali?
Hahahaha
Alastair

Re: Quick

Post by Alastair »

legendario13 wrote:You also want to go to the candy mountain Inali?
Hahahaha
No, because they'll take my freakin' kidney!

Okay, back to furries.
------------------

legendario13

Quick

Post by legendario13 »

Well, i still want to have (or try to make) a definicion of 'furry'
do you have something new since last time?
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Can't really think of any new definition. The really unique thing about the fandom is that you have the freedom to make it whatever you want, so there is really no set definition that you can go by. There's also different levels of being a furry that we've discussed in the passed, like casual furries, which are those that view it as a hobby, and lifestyler furries that practically live their fursona in everyday life, which is a tad extreme if you ask me, but that's just my opinion.
------------------

Post by 0404 »

Someday someone should build University of furry. That they can define them selfs.

Sam and max joke http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUts_bjH ... ata_player
Last edited by 0404 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
legendario13

Quick

Post by legendario13 »

Cant see, my phone is a lemmon.
:( will see tomorrow...

Well various levels of furriness... That sounds better...

Thats all from me today, see you guys..
GunRacer

Post by GunRacer »

Dissension wrote:I don't see the disparity, actually. I could name at least a dozen adults whose favorite movies include one or more "anthro" ones (especially Disney's Robin Hood or The Lion King. None of them are furries. There may be a perception that all cartoons are intended for children. Indeed, many are; that doesn't stop adults from enjoying them, too.
That actually dovetails nicely with my point-- in that anthro movies are acceptable so long as they are "cartoons" or intended for, if not neccesarily enjoyed solely by, children. But if a studio was, say, to make a PG-13 anthro film with violence and more "mature" themes... well, that probably would raise some eyebrows. Which again leads to the central question: why is widespread acceptance of anthropomorphism in popular culture limited to basically G- or PG-rated stuff?

Sleet: Yeah, you really couldn't expect any other result, could you? I wonder if that occured to anyone making these movies. Hmm.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Make a "mature" anthro film, but nothing that falls under the category of things we don't discuss here? Challenge accepted.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Fantastic Mr. Fox was kind of one, honestly.
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

I want to say Avatar was pretty darn furry too... except not literally furry... Just blue... with catlike features... and tails.
GunRacer

Post by GunRacer »

Sleet, I never did see that one. Would you recommend it?

And Grey, I'd be interested in seeing public reception to something like that... like you said, nothing messed-up, just something along the lines of (to pick a personal favorite) The Bourne Identity. There's violence and a little romantic involvement between the two main characters-- not anything terribly offensive, of course; it's just a serious movie.

Sansash: You have a point there... but then the Na'vi are aliens, not an alternative to people. *shrugs*
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Sleet wrote:Fantastic Mr. Fox was kind of one, honestly.
I love that movie so much.
------------------

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I highly recommend Fantastic Mr. Fox. And Avatar is only furry in the loosest possible sense.
The Grey Wolverine

GunRacer wrote:And Grey, I'd be interested in seeing public reception to something like that... like you said, nothing messed-up, just something along the lines of (to pick a personal favorite) The Bourne Identity. There's violence and a little romantic involvement between the two main characters-- not anything terribly offensive, of course; it's just a serious movie.
Exatially, make it mature and treat the audience like they are mature and smart, that's what I try to do now so I don't think its impossible.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I feel like the only person in the world who disliked that Mr. Fox movie. ^^;

The Avatar movie I will not say is furry much at all, but they do have slight animal traits.....and some weird hair.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I don't care for furry culture really... I do not wish for furry movies or "accepted media coverage" on furries or whatever.
Don't have a species or avatar either. My earlier posts are about how I hate some people in the fandom.

But I like some anthropomorphic characters. They're so darned cute! How do people draw them to be so adorable. X3 I want to reach across the screen and hug them. But they're only pictures and I can't do that anyway.
So yeah I only like cute furry things.
My definition of cute is somewhat different though...
OMG so cute! XD
CR4CK3RW0LF

Post by CR4CK3RW0LF »

Fantastic Mr Fox... gotta love british humor sometimes. xD

it plays with you, makes you think that they're civilized people, then you watch them ferociously tear apart a steak dinner.

also, i can definitely see balto as a furry trigger. i love that movie a lot, too bad the sequels were sub par at best..

and finally.. id like to thank this thread for reminding me of one of the SADDEST POINTS IN MY CHILDHOOD... T_T

WHY YOU LEAVE TODD IN THE WOODS GRANDMA?? WHHYYYY!!! DX (pikachu and ash nearly separating in pokemon gets a close 2nd)
"its not toilet water.. Its most definately root beer, i swear officer! D:"
The Grey Wolverine

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:I feel like the only person in the world who disliked that Mr. Fox movie. ^^;

The Avatar movie I will not say is furry much at all, but they do have slight animal traits.....and some weird hair.
I saw some of Fantastic Mr. Fox, and the only thing I really remember liking was the stop motion animation, its just a lost art that I love to death, but I don't actually remember anything interesting. Wait, it had nice voice acting. Also, Avatar was a crappy movie.
FlintTheSquirrel

Opinions are opinions, I have seen a ton of people who hate avatar, I guess because it insults the human race. I dunno really.

Anywho, Mr. Fox really does not cut it for me. Terrible looking animation for me, annoying characters, derpy villains, no actual story for the most part, no resolved ending, no characters really made sense on how they feel or did anything really. Tis just my opinion, but I dun think I really liked any part of that movie.

Anywho, movie critique is not the topic of this thread so hmm..... I keep hearing a lot about Balto, I know I saw the movies as a kid, but I forgot how they are now. I only remember a tiny bit of details, maybe I should watch that some time later. (Guess this counts since people call it a movie Furries would like? Though I fit a bit loosely in that definition now)
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Well, furries will like Balto in the same way they like, say, The Lion King. Or The Fox and the Hound. It's got talking animals.

Personally, I love the first movie to pieces. Never seen the sequels; mostly because I've heard nothing but talk about how bad they were.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
The Grey Wolverine

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Opinions are opinions, I have seen a ton of people who hate avatar, I guess because it insults the human race. I dunno really.

Anywho, Mr. Fox really does not cut it for me. Terrible looking animation for me, annoying characters, derpy villains, no actual story for the most part, no resolved ending, no characters really made sense on how they feel or did anything really. Tis just my opinion, but I dun think I really liked any part of that movie.

Anywho, movie critique is not the topic of this thread so hmm..... I keep hearing a lot about Balto, I know I saw the movies as a kid, but I forgot how they are now. I only remember a tiny bit of details, maybe I should watch that some time later. (Guess this counts since people call it a movie Furries would like? Though I fit a bit loosely in that definition now)
I say take a look into Balto, its a good movie.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:no actual story for the most part, no resolved ending
That's odd, one of my complaints about the movie is that the plot and ending were resolved too neatly.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think the two extremes come from different interpretations of the ending. If you believe the animals safely and sustainably live in their new sewer home, then it can be argued it was resolved too neatly. If you believe sooner or later the supermarket is going to realize it's being raided constantly and increase surveillance, then there really wasn't a proper resolution.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Sleet wrote:I think the two extremes come from different interpretations of the ending. If you believe the animals safely and sustainably live in their new sewer home, then it can be argued it was resolved too neatly. If you believe sooner or later the supermarket is going to realize it's being raided constantly and increase surveillance, then there really wasn't a proper resolution.
Maybe they'll make a sequel where they go back and live in the forest.
------------------

CR4CK3RW0LF

Post by CR4CK3RW0LF »

KJOokami wrote:Well, furries will like Balto in the same way they like, say, The Lion King. Or The Fox and the Hound. It's got talking animals.

Personally, I love the first movie to pieces. Never seen the sequels; mostly because I've heard nothing but talk about how bad they were.
2nd movie is his daughter going on an adventure to find herself.. its really corny and the plot is predictable.

3rd movie actually went back to dog sledding and wasnt really all that bad.. but they tried too hard to be disney by adding random musical segments... the 2nd one did this also.

i watched them both simply because im a balto fan.. the original had much better action sequences with some good suspense.

also avatar has good moments and bad moments.. and really stupid moments that make you cringe.. but overall i like the idea of controlling an "avatar" of whats pretty much you if you were an alien.

Unobtainium.. silly James Cameron... what were you thinking?
"its not toilet water.. Its most definately root beer, i swear officer! D:"
FlintTheSquirrel

Sleet wrote:If you believe sooner or later the supermarket is going to realize it's being raided constantly and increase surveillance, then there really wasn't a proper resolution.
And here is the reason I think it ended without a complete ending. Broke into a super market while everyone is out for your life, dance, the end. Awful ending in my opinion, they will find out, you have no home, ext. I think more deep into this kinda thing, so it bothers me. My brother liked the movie and told me to see it, but I'm sorry, I just really dislike it. .-.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

CR4CK3RW0LF wrote:Unobtainium.. silly James Cameron... what were you thinking?
Considering the names of some of the elements on the actual periodic table, I really didn't find that to be at all an unlikely name for some future substance. We're really not terribly creative with naming new elements.
Malkus

Post by Malkus »

KJOokami wrote:
CR4CK3RW0LF wrote:Unobtainium.. silly James Cameron... what were you thinking?
Considering the names of some of the elements on the actual periodic table, I really didn't find that to be at all an unlikely name for some future substance. We're really not terribly creative with naming new elements.
Yeah, there's Germanium, Francium, Ununseptium, ununoctium, ununtrium......Not too terribly original. Of course, they're named for the founders or some convenient temporary name.......

And I particularly enjoyed Robin Hood. Had to be my favorite Disney movie of all time.

We need more Disney movies with wolf heroes.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Wolves aren't typically heroes in movies, sadly.

Well, there's Alpha and Omega, which is supposed to be awful.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

I think Hoodwinked has a wolf protagonist. Can't think of any other one's though. I think there's a few wolf characters in movies who are bad at the beginning, then considered a good guy at the end (usually not playing very significant roles).
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Sleet wrote:Well, there's Alpha and Omega, which is supposed to be awful.
Yeah, it's pretty bad. Though I consider it a guilty pleasure of mine because I enjoyed it anyway. :B
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

wait wasn't balto half wolf?
or something like that?
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's okay enjoying a bad movie if it features an animal you love.

And yes, Balto is half wolf.