Housecraft! (or Minepets!)

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Render
Wanna play a game?

Re: Housecraft! (or Minepets!)

Post by Render »

No, that's my testing-map. Not suitable for playing on it.

I can upload the schematic of the manor later today. Then it can be placed on the new map, if you are all ok with it.

Here ist the latest update (1) (2), front, sides and roof finished. I struggle with the backside now. That balcony where Jata washed himself :lol: does not fit anywhere, if you compare the front view and the back view...
But will find a way. Maybe it is an adjacent building.

€dit: What about this? (3) (4)
Not exactly like it was drawn with Jata, but it fits to the rest of the manor as seen from the front. And I think, that is the much better illustration of the whole house.

€dit2: Attached you will find the schematic.
Not built are the stairways out in the garden as seen behind the tennis court. Also there is nothing inside the manor.
Attachments
MiltonManor.zip
(7.29 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

The following people have voted: MrNeonShot, CHAOKOCartoons, Hedronal, Render, Cam-Mac, Korakc, jrodsqod, Legotron123.
The following people need to vote: N/A
The following people have 48 hours to vote: Homshabom, ~\Rook/~

Recorded votes:
Admins: World Painter [3 votes]
Mods: Naturally generated world [2 votes], plains or forest plains biome [2 votes] (if impossible, then naturally generated world), superflat plains [1 vote]
Builders: Plains or forest plains biome [1 vote] (if impossible, then naturally generated world)
Last edited by yellowcrash10 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I break my computer, so you don't have to! :D
You copied my entire signature? How peculiar...
Given that AB≅AB, prove that AB≇AB.
jrodsqod

Post by jrodsqod »

Well.....I apparently don't have a legit copy of Minecraft.
It's NOT cracked/pirated/torrented etc....But either way I can't join anytime soon. Next opportunity I get, I'll have my own copy in hand and join servers all over the place! (Including Minepets :P)

Even though I can't get on yet, can I vote?
My vote would be for for plains/forest biome and if that fails, vanilla world gen.

On a side note, have any of you heard of Broville?
It's not currently up and running right now because they're in the process of remodeling the ENTIRE map.
Today I was asked to join their building team after winning 2nd place in a building contest of theirs about a month ago.
(Great, more servers that I can't join yet :D)
I'll provide you all with links to their previous world-save release from 2011 as well as the work-in-progress viewpage.

(WARNING): The existing downloadable version (V10) is NOT a PG place. There's offensive signs and references in many places, as well as a few that display a bitter distaste for furries. :( :( :(
You know how there's always that ONE builder that can ruin a great project's reputation.....

Basically, V10 (obsolete) is a personal world-save built for griefing as there's no servers for it anymore!!!!!!
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/broville-v10/
The guy who heads it all, Oldshoes, has a tumblr account (http://www.oldshoes.tumblr.com) and has stated that because of the large number of project watchers, that the next release will tone down a good percentage of the offensive stuff, and won't be out for a while.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/broville-v11/
He's expecting to release a "generous demo" portion of the map at the end of the month. :D
ADDED BONUS! Here's the building that got me second place! So you all have an idea as to what I can do :P
Palisades Broville.png
Palisades Broville.png (239.45 KiB) Viewed 10511 times
Hope you all have a wonderful day, and I hope to build epic stuff with you all SOOOOOOON!!!!
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

Was kinda busy working on some projects in school and on the forum, but I'll vote for a WorldPainter world. I think we should keep as much as we could but some can be adjusted.
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Wait, I haven't been paying attention to this forum because I thought I wouldn't be useful until I needed to build. Are we voting on weather to build it off a flat world? If so I say yes, because it would be too much work to build it off a regular world. I've done it on the pocket edition and the excavating takes forever. Also if we're gonna put mini games on this server, we could turn the houses whose locations are known but not what the inside looks like into the hubs for some of the mini games.

I still want that hunger games arena.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
jrodsqod

Post by jrodsqod »

You're absolutely right, Legotron.
BUT if Yellowcrash were to start it on a regular world seed, it would be in a plains or forest biome, where there isn't too much alteration in terrain. PLUS, if you have World-Edit (which I think the server admins do), excavating is done with a matter of mouse-clicks!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

The Problem I see with a Woldpainter map is the limited size of this map. If you need more space as you have created, you might have a problem. But I don't know enough About these maps to finally judge. I only fear that if we get to the edge of the painted area we will have these ugly breaks between the painted place and the new adjacent area generated by the engine like cutted mountains or a forest dropping in a deep ocean from one block to the other.

A flat map has a big disadvantage, it is VERY boring. Building hills by hand is much more work then making a small space suitable for a house, especially as we have WorldEdit.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
jrodsqod

Post by jrodsqod »

I have also heard somewhere that Mojang is considering getting rid of ocean biomes in future updates. :shock: :shock: :shock:

IT IS ONLY RUMORED, but seriously? Who would want to walk from biome to biome and stumble across the average pond?
It shouldn't work that way, and hopefully it never will.
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

Render wrote:
A flat map has a big disadvantage, it is VERY boring. Building hills by hand is much more work then making a small space suitable for a house, especially as we have WorldEdit.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts.
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
jrodsqod

Post by jrodsqod »

What about using WorldPainter on a flat world? You could put trees where you want trees, and hills where you want hills. Outside the server area would be just flat world and the occasional village. PLUS you could leave space for housing and other buildings.
(idea? someone help.)
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

jrodsqod wrote:Well.....I apparently don't have a legit copy of Minecraft.
It's NOT cracked/pirated/torrented etc....But either way I can't join anytime soon.

Even though I can't get on yet, can I vote?
My vote would be for for plains/forest biome and if that fails, vanilla world gen.
1. I can change online-mode to false in the server properties (The server won't ask Mojang if people's accounts are legit, and you will be able to connect. As an added bonus, everyone who DOES have a normal minecraft account will be able to connect faster! 8-))
2. I'll force the server to use the whitelist so that people can't join the server with fake names and destroy everything
3. Of course you can vote!
jrodsqod wrote:What about using WorldPainter on a flat world? You could put trees where you want trees, and hills where you want hills. Outside the server area would be just flat world and the occasional village. PLUS you could leave space for housing and other buildings.
We can place trees where we want them with WorldEdit, too. I'm still undecided about world painter, but I just found out I can import an existing minecraft world and edit it, so I'm considering using it (if it is the wins, of course).

P.S. I am not voting because I think that would be unfair. In the event there is a tie, I will do a randomized tie breaker.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Imported world?
Okay, do that!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Um, import what world exactly?
ImageImageImageImage
jrodsqod

Post by jrodsqod »

Aurelien_Sama makes some PHENOMINAL survival island maps that anyone can use for servers. (with permission of course) Most of them are medium/large and beautifully terraformed to have plenty of building space. I wouldn't recommend them if we're planning to do any Babylon Gardens scale versions, tho.
:/

OOOO!
EVEN BETTER YET!!!!

Yellowcrash/server hosts:
I have a NPC town map that I altered (a ton) to look like Babylon Gardens.
The zip file for the worldsave is 4.36MB so I can't send it via the forum. Can I somehow send it via email?
Plus, it was made in 1.4.7. Should have basic textures and stuff that 1.6.4/1.7.2 can use.
Plenty of cool stuff, plenty of space to build!!
(you could even turn it into a schematic for a natural world if you wanted!)
Just let me know!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Just saw this program Biome Painter. With it we can transform snowy regions into plains to increase the space we'll have on a normal map.
The snow and ice needs to be removed seperately, either by MCEdit, WorldEdit or by hand.

This is not needed, WorldEdit can change the biome with //setbiome and //thaw <area> let go away all snow and ice that is exposed to the sky. Some patches of snow and ice may remain inter trees, but thats eary to fix by hand. So we have more space in a natural generated world. Even deserts can be easily transformed, replacing sandstone with stone and sand with grass and the biome and we have more suitable space to build. :D

yellowcrash10 wrote:1. I can change online-mode to false in the server properties (The server won't ask Mojang if people's accounts are legit, and you will be able to connect. As an added bonus, everyone who DOES have a normal minecraft account will be able to connect faster! 8-))
2. I'll force the server to use the whitelist so that people can't join the server with fake names and destroy everything
Does that also prevent other people from joining with your name?
I strongly recommend NOT to change to that. It is absolutely insecure.

Sorry, jrodsqod.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Um, import what world exactly?
Probably a superflat map. Nothing has been decided on yet.
Render wrote:Just saw this program Biome Painter. With it we can transform snowy regions into plains to increase the space we'll have on a normal map.
The snow and ice needs to be removed seperately, either by MCEdit, WorldEdit or by hand.

This is not needed, WorldEdit can change the biome with //setbiome and //thaw <area> let go away all snow and ice that is exposed to the sky. Some patches of snow and ice may remain inter trees, but thats eary to fix by hand. So we have more space in a natural generated world. Even deserts can be easily transformed, replacing sandstone with stone and sand with grass and the biome and we have more suitable space to build. :D

yellowcrash10 wrote:1. I can change online-mode to false in the server properties (The server won't ask Mojang if people's accounts are legit, and you will be able to connect. As an added bonus, everyone who DOES have a normal minecraft account will be able to connect faster! 8-))
Does that also prevent other people from joining with your name?
I strongly recommend NOT to change to that. It is absolutely insecure.

Sorry, jrodsqod.
You can change entire biomes? That'll be nice :D

About the "people joining with your name" thing: Wow. I totally spaced out on that.
Sorry, jrodsqod, but Render is right. I can't allow that to happen. :/
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Have just found out that also MCEdit can change the biome (for full chunks only, but that doesn't matter, I think). Select an area click on filter and then you can choose to change the biome.

I just built the stairs behind the Milton Manor:

Here you can find a picture of the present backside.

The new schematic is attached. There is also a very small change at the doors. Still nothing inside and no pool yet...
I'm not 100% sure if I am happy with the stairs. Maybe they are not wide enough. Tell me.
Attachments
MiltonManor2.zip
(8.92 KiB) Downloaded 179 times

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Cam-Mac

Post by Cam-Mac »

Sweetness! I love the look of those stairs.
I might borrow the design to use on my haunted mansion.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I took WorldEdit to make two ellipses with different sizes, took one quarter of them and built the stairs between.
//hcyl <block> <radiusEW>,<radiusNS> [height]

Image Image
ImageImageImage
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

Render wrote:Have just found out that also MCEdit can change the biome (for full chunks only, but that doesn't matter, I think). Select an area click on filter and then you can choose to change the biome.

I just built the stairs behind the Milton Manor:

Here you can find a picture of the present backside.

The new schematic is attached. There is also a very small change at the doors. Still nothing inside and no pool yet...
I'm not 100% sure if I am happy with the stairs. Maybe they are not wide enough. Tell me.
That. Looks. AWESOME! :shock:
Thanks so much for working on the mansion! Now everyone else has one less thing to do! :D
jrodsqod

Post by jrodsqod »

yellowcrash10 wrote:About the "people joining with your name" thing: Wow. I totally spaced out on that.
Agh, it's okay! In order for me to help Oldshoes with Broville I would need a legit copy of Minecraft as well. Since I don't have the means to buy my own copy at the moment, I asked for a paypal account and a registered Minecraft as an "end-of-the-semester/early Christmas" present.

Won't be too long. :mrgreen:
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

jrodsqod wrote:
yellowcrash10 wrote:About the "people joining with your name" thing: Wow. I totally spaced out on that.
Agh, it's okay! In order for me to help Oldshoes with Broville I would need a legit copy of Minecraft as well. Since I don't have the means to buy my own copy at the moment, I asked for a paypal account and a registered Minecraft as an "end-of-the-semester/early Christmas" present.

Won't be too long. :mrgreen:
That's a good idea! :D
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

Voting expired. World Painter tied "plains or forest plains biome" with three votes. I did a random tie breaker, and World Painter won.
So, do any of you want to do the world painter thing, or do you want to tell me what to do and make the map?
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

So the World Painter won against the generated world? Congrats.

I have no idea how to make a world painter map. Whoever creates it, PLEASE make it much bigger as you expect we'll need it. I think the radius should be at least 2000-3000 blocks.
Imagine we may want to build the farm far away behind snowy mountains later... riding there in the bucket seat (minecart).

Image Image
ImageImageImage
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

I'm good with world painter, I could do it. If you'll let me..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

If you have the time, please do so!
Every contribution helps!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

If you guys wanted to know how dumb I am, look at what I JUST figured out you could do with texture packs:
So yeah, I'ma be workin on v1.3 for the next 10,000 years! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:If you guys wanted to know how dumb I am, look at what I JUST figured out you could do with texture packs:
This should be fun :-)
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:If you guys wanted to know how dumb I am, look at what I JUST figured out you could do with texture packs:
That IS AWESOME! :D
You did that without mcpatcher, right?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Yeah, all i did was open up gimp ad increase the size of the wooden sword to 500x500 and add a broom I drew into the image (after erasing the old broom of course). So I guess if you guys have any images we could use for sprites and blocks you could sed em' to me and I'll convert them into the new pack. That way I won't have to draw EVERYTHING with a tablet :D ... which is as flunky as it already is.
ImageImageImageImage
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

What came in my mind ist that Pete as enderdragon is great but you only see him once if at all, and that's sad. Can you also add a Mini-Pete as bat?
Being attacked by skellies with water guns is great. Now it has to shoot a squirt of water instead of an arrow. Have just searched for a picture and found this. Maybe you can take the center part ar pattern.

[PG WARNING: Do not search for squirt only, search for squirt of water!]
€dit 2: How about the leather armor to be Joey's catsuit? :mrgreen:

Can you make the new version only with the altered things and without the other blocks and items? Not altered things will be taken from the standart pack then.
I ask this, because I really dislike thinks like stone and grass from the pack but I would like to use the housepets thingsfrom it... And in 1.7.x you can even combine it ingame with your own favorite textruepack.

Do you still make Skins? What about the Miltons and Spo/Squeak?

€dit 1:
I was like 'come on, try the pool', so I did. Here is the result:

The diving platforms are missing and the manor itself is still empty. The new schematic is attached.
Attachments
MiltonManor3.zip
(14.38 KiB) Downloaded 158 times

Image Image
ImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I think WorldEdit updated, because the Naruto server I play on is now 1.7.x
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

MrNeonShot wrote:I think WorldEdit updated, because the Naruto server I play on is now 1.7.x
No, it's not. The server you're using is "faking" it. They just changed something to make it look like it's running 1.7.2.
Bukkit hasn't updated to 1.7.2, but there is a development build which I am not using.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Render wrote:What came in my mind ist that Pete as enderdragon is great but you only see him once if at all, and that's sad. Can you also add a Mini-Pete as bat?
Being attacked by skellies with water guns is great. Now it has to shoot a squirt of water instead of an arrow. Have just searched for a picture and found this. Maybe you can take the center part ar pattern.

[PG WARNING: Do not search for squirt only, search for squirt of water!]
€dit 2: How about the leather armor to be Joey's catsuit? :mrgreen:

Can you make the new version only with the altered things and without the other blocks and items? Not altered things will be taken from the standart pack then.
I ask this, because I really dislike thinks like stone and grass from the pack but I would like to use the housepets thingsfrom it... And in 1.7.x you can even combine it ingame with your own favorite textruepack.

Do you still make Skins? What about the Miltons and Spo/Squeak?

I have edited a few more of the main items. Here's an example of the water gun:
The arrows (in inventory) are the water containers for the gun. the arrows (when shot) are a blast of water, you can kinda see it from here. The water container also fills with bubbles the longer you hold it, I just thought that would be cool. :D

I will be making more skins, but it might take me awhile with how much I always have to do. I think Joey's cat suit will just be an alternate skin whenever I make him. But I have been thinking of making the leather helmets paper bags for imaginating, that way I wont have to make a bunch of alternate skins for imaginating :roll: .
ImageImageImageImage
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

The tank-in-the-inventory-idea is great. But isn't the water to thin when shot?

Image Image
ImageImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Render wrote:The tank-in-the-inventory-idea is great. But isn't the water to thin when shot?
That is it's max size, any larger and it would just glitch into the feather part of the arrow (which isn't visible with the water).
ImageImageImageImage
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
Render wrote:The tank-in-the-inventory-idea is great. But isn't the water to thin when shot?
That is it's max size, any larger and it would just glitch into the feather part of the arrow (which isn't visible with the water).
Ah, the water is on the target box seen from behind, ok. I thought it was the slightly visible thing further to the left. But that's a glass block, isn't it? Please give us a screenshot with the waterblast seen from the side. :)

When the leather caps would be the paper bags, they can be dyeable for different characters.
Maybe the chain armor could be the catsuit then. xD

Image Image
ImageImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Render wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
Ah, the water is on the target box seen from behind, ok. I thought it was the slightly visible thing further to the left. But that's a glass block, isn't it? Please give us a screenshot with the waterblast seen from the side. :)

When the leather caps would be the paper bags, they can be dyeable for different characters.
Maybe the chain armor could be the catsuit then. xD
Actually, I tried to mess with the armor and I was doing it horribly wrong. so I've decided just to leave it be until I find a good model or a model that shows me the pixel boundaries of the armor. :lol:
Here's a pic of the water arrow, new glass, and moon (the sun is round too):
ImageImageImageImage
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
Render wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote: Actually, I tried to mess with the armor and I was doing it horribly wrong. so I've decided just to leave it be until I find a good model or a model that shows me the pixel boundaries of the armor. :lol:
Here's a pic of the water arrow, new glass, and moon (the sun is round too):
Cool! :D
[edit] Dat quoteception 8-)
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Quoteception. xD - Had a dreamception so the original inception(?) a few nights ago. Was dreaming, woke up in another dream and new that i was dreaming before. That's all I can remember. :D

The water is great.
And the moon looks cheesy. :)

Image Image
ImageImageImage