Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Post by angelusbr »

Penwrite wrote:
Kyderra wrote:Image

Totally Vinyl scratch dad, calling it.

also, I could not contain myself
http://cheezburger.com/Kyderra/lolz/View/5561784320
I don't get it.
The flammingo is DYING to know Dash better, but since RB doesn't want to meet the flamingo, it's still dying.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Kyderra wrote:Image

Totally Vinyl scratch dad, calling it.

also, I could not contain myself
http://cheezburger.com/Kyderra/lolz/View/5561784320
Your image is broken!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I'm liking our thread here better then any of the discussions over at EQDaily. Maybe because there's far, far less whining and feelings of entitlement here. Also way less creepy shipping.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Maybe they're using this new alicorn to tie in that there are actually other pony villages/cities with royalty outside of Ponyville/Canterlot?

Perhaps they're from Fillydelphia or Trottingham?
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

cuteness level has skyrocketed

Which game/movie/etc. is this parody from
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

KJOokami wrote:Maybe they're using this new alicorn to tie in that there are actually other pony villages/cities with royalty outside of Ponyville/Canterlot?

Perhaps they're from Fillydelphia or Trottingham?
I was pretty sure Equestria was the kingdom, Canterlot being the capital city. So does this mean there's places outside of Equestria? but then again, we've already seen Prince Blueblood, and he was in Equestria. I'm confused.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Check out this amazing news! The Humble Indie Bundle (a charity that lets you pick the number to donate and get all the games they offered) got 4500$ from the Humble Brony Bundle. http://humblebronybundle.blogspot.com/ We ponies really seem to care!
Make Pasta not war.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I was pretty sure Equestria was the kingdom, Canterlot being the capital city. So does this mean there's places outside of Equestria? but then again, we've already seen Prince Blueblood, and he was in Equestria. I'm confused.

Maybe they're not actually royalty, then. Perhaps appointed rulers of the various provinces throughout Equestria?

I mean, there are canon examples of other cities we've not actually seen much at all of in the show: like Manehatten, where Applejack's cousins(?), the Orange family, live. And I can't say for sure, as I haven't checked back through the episodes to confirm, but I'm pretty sure that Fillydelphia and Trottingham are also canon cities known only in passing mention from random characters.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

KJOokami wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I was pretty sure Equestria was the kingdom, Canterlot being the capital city. So does this mean there's places outside of Equestria? but then again, we've already seen Prince Blueblood, and he was in Equestria. I'm confused.

Maybe they're not actually royalty, then. Perhaps appointed rulers of the various provinces throughout Equestria?

I mean, there are canon examples of other cities we've not actually seen much at all of in the show: like Manehatten, where Applejack's cousins(?), the Orange family, live. And I can't say for sure, as I haven't checked back through the episodes to confirm, but I'm pretty sure that Fillydelphia and Trottingham are also canon cities known only in passing mention from random characters.
You are correct. Fillydelphia is where Celestia had to go to quell the other parasprite attack, and Trottingham is where Pipsqueak's from.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Penwrite wrote:You are correct. Fillydelphia is where Celestia had to go to quell the other parasprite attack, and Trottingham is where Pipsqueak's from.
Thanks for the confirmation. :]
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Dylan wrote:Check out this amazing news! The Humble Indie Bundle (a charity that lets you pick the number to donate and get all the games they offered) got 4500$ from the Humble Brony Bundle. http://humblebronybundle.blogspot.com/ We ponies really seem to care!
That's so cool! I guess charity is magic too!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

KJOokami wrote:
Penwrite wrote:You are correct. Fillydelphia is where Celestia had to go to quell the other parasprite attack, and Trottingham is where Pipsqueak's from.
Thanks for the confirmation. :]
My pleasure. ^_^

Now anyways, I know the REAL question on everypony's mind...will there be a beach episode?! *dramatic music*

You're an idiot. I bet you're the only one wondering that.

Get off of here, you!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

speaking of water, who else wants seaponies?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Not me, that's silly.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

so your saying this song isn't catchy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4TedkQP_hM
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I want an adult...
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

mariomarc wrote:so your saying this song isn't catchy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4TedkQP_hM
I......
I dont even.......
what?
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Oh god, no. I beg thee, Almighty Faust, do not let it be so. o_______o
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

It happened again.
bf8a9d34-8c68-48e9-b93c-482094f1ee2f.jpg
bf8a9d34-8c68-48e9-b93c-482094f1ee2f.jpg (56.15 KiB) Viewed 8397 times
rainbow-dash1.jpg
rainbow-dash1.jpg (69.39 KiB) Viewed 8396 times
rarity1.jpg
rarity1.jpg (62.89 KiB) Viewed 8396 times
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

For some reason IMHO, PPG and MLP don't mix well. But I claim personal bias there.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I have a confession to make. I...kinda do want seaponies to appear. That song is just so catchy! Plus, it'd be a perfect opportunity for a mythology gag with Applejack.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Penwrite wrote:I have a confession to make. I...kinda do want seaponies to appear. That song is just so catchy! Plus, it'd be a perfect opportunity for a mythology gag with Applejack.
I'd say if they do appear, they start singing before someone interrupts their song to ask if this is really the best time for singing.

then Pinkie would say yes and the song would continue.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hey. You juys. Hasbro is looking for a senior global brand marketing manager for My Little Pony. I'm excited! Not because any of us are even remotely qualified or anything. Mostly because what it means! Here's a link.

This line is what excites me:
As a key member of our team, you will ensure the brand essence and all expressions of "anything My Little Pony" is consistent across platforms…and become a part of making the My Little Pony brand a pop culture phenomenon!
Maybe I'm just a hopeful fan, but making all expressions of My Little Pony consistent across platforms sounds to me like closing the rift between the toys and the show, among other things. It seems like someone with this job can really help work for us older fans. I'm excited~
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

Sleet wrote:Hey. You juys. Hasbro is looking for a senior global brand marketing manager for My Little Pony. I'm excited! Not because any of us are even remotely qualified or anything. Mostly because what it means! Here's a link.

As a key member of our team, you will ensure the brand essence and all expressions of "anything My Little Pony" is consistent across platforms…and become a part of making the My Little Pony brand a pop culture phenomenon!
Maybe I'm just a hopeful fan, but making all expressions of My Little Pony consistent across platforms sounds to me like closing the rift between the toys and the show, among other things. It seems like someone with this job can really help work for us older fans. I'm excited~

Problem.

Even if you got all the active bronies together, I seriously doubt that they would make up 10% of the market of MLP.

So even if they get someone who's aware of 'bronies' in there, anyone with those kind of certifications is not going to want to spend much, if any of the marketing budget toward 15-40 year olds which would require not only a set aside marketing campaign but merch that may or may not sell and would likely cost even more to produce (Have you read any of the demands bronies make for merch? It's nuts)

And I don't know what on earth the show could do to embrace bronies any more then it already does other then stuff that would be counterproductive and have a limited effect, because really, other then little girls and collecters, do you really think this active, rabid subculture is going to be around, just as strong in a year, or two years or three? To say nothing of five to ten years.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Penwrite wrote:I have a confession to make. I...kinda do want seaponies to appear. That song is just so catchy! Plus, it'd be a perfect opportunity for a mythology gag with Applejack.
I'd say if they do appear, they start singing before someone interrupts their song to ask if this is really the best time for singing.

this sounds amazing
It needs to happen
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Foxstar wrote:
Sleet wrote:Hey. You juys. Hasbro is looking for a senior global brand marketing manager for My Little Pony. I'm excited! Not because any of us are even remotely qualified or anything. Mostly because what it means! Here's a link.

Problem.

Even if you got all the active bronies together, I seriously doubt that they would make up 10% of the market of MLP.

So even if they get someone who's aware of 'bronies' in there, anyone with those kind of certifications is not going to want to spend much, if any of the marketing budget toward 15-40 year olds which would require not only a set aside marketing campaign but merch that may or may not sell and would likely cost even more to produce (Have you read any of the demands bronies make for merch? It's nuts)

And I don't know what on earth the show could do to embrace bronies any more then it already does other then stuff that would be counterproductive and have a limited effect, because really, other then little girls and collecters, do you really think this active, rabid subculture is going to be around, just as strong in a year, or two years or three? To say nothing of five to ten years.
Here's the thing, though. We don't have to ask our parents to buy us a pony when we're in Toys R Us. We have money. Lots of it. At least two people spent 2500 dollars on a plushie. If they make good merchandise, older fans will buy it. And it can be more expensive. There's money to be made from us just like the little girls.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

Seth wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:

this sounds amazing
It needs to happen
so we are agreed on seaponies then?

also i want the smooze again
that was amazing
also it turns living things into jerks
we can have mean fluttershy again

edit:
awesome gifs
http://bronies.memebase.com/2011/12/15/ ... harewidget
http://bronies.memebase.com/2011/12/14/ ... harewidget
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Oh great, that first one seems to have broken his brain. Well, I'm sure he'll recover sooner or later. In the meantime, I'll just keep on posting. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

That second vid would be way better if the background color didn't perfectly match Spike's secondary colors. Bah! It is distracting! Still, I suppose it is quite impressive anyway.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

trailer of next episode: http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/12/ ... y-episode/
Spike as the narrator.
Win.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I'm quite excited. Faux-English accents are almost as fun as real English accents. :3
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Here's another thing: Pokémon was "just a fad" initially, wasn't it?

I know MLP and Pokémon are in completely different leagues, but I have to admit the pony fandumb is one I wouldn't mind seeing stick around.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think a lot of the internet's negative reaction to MLP comes from how they just expected it to be another dumb meme, but it stays around. Because it's not just a dumb meme like they assumed it was. They see "HEY GUYS THIS MEME IS STILL FUNNY AFTER A YEAR LOL" when in reality it's "This cartoon is still entertaining us."

Now let's see if it can pass up being a fad and become a long-running fandom! I think it's very possible, but the show would need to not get canceled after three seasons; without new content things might dry up a little.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Yeah, I definitely hope that FiM will be a lasting thing; though I -also- hope that it doesn't take the same route that Pokemon has (which has been milking itself absolutely dry for waaaaaay too long now, in my opinion).
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Look at The Simpsons. More than 25 years and still running.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

KJOokami wrote:Yeah, I definitely hope that FiM will be a lasting thing; though I -also- hope that it doesn't take the same route that Pokemon has (which has been milking itself absolutely dry for waaaaaay too long now, in my opinion).
MLP:FiM has a much better foundation than Pokémon does, so I think that's not going to be an issue.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Just three seasons wouldn't be too bad, I think. Avatar: the Last Airbender just got three seasons, and our seasons are actually six episodes longer than their's.

Personally, what I would like to see after FiM ends is another series set somewhere else in Equestria, like Manehattan perhaps, with a mostly different cast of characters. That way we could get new stories, but probably keep to the same basic style and themes.
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

Ebly wrote:Here's another thing: Pokémon was "just a fad" initially, wasn't it?

I know MLP and Pokémon are in completely different leagues, but I have to admit the pony fandumb is one I wouldn't mind seeing stick around.
It was a 'fad' in the US. But in Japan where it was born, it's become as much of a part of the culture as Gundam has, (Which is saying a lot). It's a name brand now that even after all the drama of stolen overpriced cards and Pokemania has died down has a very dedicated fanbase, Many of the folks who grew up with it now have kids of their own to pass it on to. And on it goes.

While the MLP brand is anything but a fad, IMHO, the massive growth in fanbase and fan output so far has yet to prove that it is more then a fad. It's not the one or two year marks that determine if something is a fad, it's 3-5-10+ years down the road. If I turn 40 and EQdaily is still around, if the various Ponychans are still active, if there are still cons and viewing parties going on, then to me, it will have passed fad status. But I just don't see that happening. With LF having moved on to other projects and more people who won't be around for season three, I don't see how the growth and meme status of FiM can endure, when every week we have hundreds and hundreds of bronies critically analyzing every new up and voting if it is as good as season 1. While for now it stands strong, a split and dying down of growth is on the way and may even happen before Season 2 wraps up if for no other reason then too many bronies have placed FiM on a pedastool that it can't possibly stay on.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Just to show you all that I'm the EVIL genius, hence the purple...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6vQYDnQgRg