HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Argent

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon pops up, explains in passing "Mr. Porter is back and they want to see my magazines they're in the kitchen." before vanishing down the rope with half a dozen yellow-bordered volumes awkwardly tucked under his arm.

"Here's the ones I was reading the rest are upstairs Flynn and Ryze were looking at some too. The one the squirrels tore up is in the trash, I can go get that too if you want, see what I mean, they really smell all of squirrel."

To the weasel's nose they probably do, but the Porters can barely detect it when they sniff them directly.

"This one's about this guy who's tracking wolverines, it's mostly about him but it's got some really nice pictures. This one's about bears in British Columbia, and this one's about wolves, and this is that really silly article called "Inside Animal Minds" that I bet they didn't have a single animal on the staff..."
Last edited by Argent on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

serence ice fox wrote:"alright." Nada said , jumping off Rocky "But if this is one of your funny tricks Moonbeam I'll hit you like they hit a baseball , hey Senka wanna come along?"
Senka nodded.
"Yeah, I wanted to talk to her about my claw dilemma."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Opening the door of the car he waves Lucky to follow as he heads to the house where the others are. "So um what's going on exactly in here? Did we miss anything?"
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Roarin wrote:
serence ice fox wrote:"alright." Nada said , jumping off Rocky "But if this is one of your funny tricks Moonbeam I'll hit you like they hit a baseball , hey Senka wanna come along?"
Senka nodded.
"ok , come on then" the fox said , heading back into the barn , and somehow noticed the stairs in the back "ok?How did we miss this ? Anyway , MRS.KANDI YOU UP THERE?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote: Senka nodded.
"ok , come on then" the fox said , heading back into the barn , and somehow noticed the stairs in the back "ok?How did we miss this ? Anyway , MRS.KANDI YOU UP THERE?"

Yes i am Miss. Nadia! Come on up..
Did you get bored of exercising the horses?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"errr.....you saw that ? yah I got bored , a bit . huh......I thought it would be a lot messier up here"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky followed Ryyn in. "Knowing these pets probably a lot." he whispered into Ryyn's ear.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Argent

Post by Argent »

When Lucky and Ryyn arrive Cinnamon is still talking about the National Geographic articles, something about the least weasel being able to kill prey many times its own size... "... but I don't think I'd like being six inches tall at all, just imagine, you could barely lug a cell around, and smaller weasels have to eat pretty much all the time."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Shall we go down and see them?" Flynn suggests. He leads the way into the house via the rungs in the cupboard. Entering the kitchen he sees Ryyn and Lucky talking as Sixtoes shows Joan and John the magazines.
Argent wrote:Cinnamon pops up, explains in passing and this one's about wolves, and this is that really silly article called "Inside Animal Minds" that I bet they didn't have a single animal on the staff..."
Joan laughs. "Yes, I remember Flynn thought the same when he read that one."
Argent wrote:When Lucky and Ryyn arrive Cinnamon is still talking about the National Geographic articles, something about the least weasel being able to kill prey many times its own size... "... but I don't think I'd like being six inches tall at all, just imagine, you could barely lug a cell around, and smaller weasels have to eat pretty much all the time."
"Yes. Being six feet tall does have its advantages." muses John.
Flynn crosses to Ryyn and Lucky. "Sorry, guys, we kind of left you in the lurch there, didn't me? Sorry about that."
Joan flips through a few more magazines from the pile. "You know, I think we have most of these anyway. You can take what you like from here, Sixtoes."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Sure." Ryze said, following Flynn down and into the kitchen.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Thank you, Mrs. Porter! Flynn, where are the rest of the magazines? There were a couple more that I wanted to look at!" Cinnamon enthuses, while cramming his shoulder-bag full of National Geographics.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Here's the one I was reading." Ryze said handing Sixtoes the magazine.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

He nods to them before heading over to the magazines and picking up one. "ooh look popular science, I love these."

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote:"errr.....you saw that ? yah I got bored , a bit . huh......I thought it would be a lot messier up here"

There are windows up in the loft apartment here. I do try to keep up here clean.. I may work with pigs, but that doesn't mean i want to be in a pig sty .
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa deciding not to go back to the group, and instead heads outside try to take a long nap. He prefered to be outside anyways. Such a nice day out...I..think I'll take a nap right....here... he thought as he layed down and curled up into a ball under a tree. After which he fell asleep.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"They're still up in the attic. I'm not sure if I can climb and carry them at the same time." laughs Flynn. "Say, where's Koa? DIdn't he come back home with you, Dad?"
"Yes, he did. I sent him out to the garage with you guys. You didn't see him? I hope he hasn't gone into the woods again." Crossing to the door, he steps out onto the porch and is about to call for Koa when he notices him curled up under a tree. Smiling, he reenters the house. "He's taking a nap out under the tree on the lawn. And you know what they say about sleeping dogs." he jokes. "Speaking of the attic, do you think a human could do the wiring now that you've found the hatch, Sixtoes?" he queries.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote:
serence ice fox wrote:"errr.....you saw that ? yah I got bored , a bit . huh......I thought it would be a lot messier up here"

There are windows up in the loft apartment here. I do try to keep up here clean.. I may work with pigs, but that doesn't mean i want to be in a pig sty .
"hey I didn't mean anything , anyway , Senka here wants to talk about......that thing"
Argent

Post by Argent »

sunauto wrote:He nods to them before heading over to the magazines and picking up one. "ooh look popular science, I love these."
"Where? Oh, hold on a moment [sniff] I don't think that was up in the attic, and besides it's this month's, Oh, I'm sorry Mrs Porter, I think I put my magazines down on top of your mail."

Hlaoroo wrote:"Speaking of the attic, do you think a human could do the wiring now that you've found the hatch, Sixtoes?" he queries.
"I figured you'd say that, because of course the hatch is made big enough for humans, I mean it'd be really unusual if it was only animal sized, though you do find animal access hatches in some newer houses, especially with the new training programs, but this house is way too old for that. Oh, yeh, so, yes, that's OK, I'm going to be busy with these magazines now... um... are you going back to the clinic any time soon, this is a bit much for me to carry..."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That's alright, Sixtoes. No harm done. Can I see that magazine?" She takes the "Popular Science" magazine from Ryyn. "Yes, this is ours. This is the one we've been waiting for, John - the one with Bill's article in it. Our friend, Professor Bill Troughton, wrote a rather interesting article on quantum computing for this month's edition." Joan explains to the pets. "Sorry, Ryyn. I can't let you take this one."

"Oh, good! I've been looking forward to that!" John enthuses.
Argent wrote:"I figured you'd say that, because of course the hatch is made big enough for humans, I mean it'd be really unusual if it was only animal sized, though you do find animal access hatches in some newer houses, especially with the new training programs, but this house is way too old for that. Oh, yeh, so, yes, that's OK, I'm going to be busy with these magazines now... um... are you going back to the clinic any time soon, this is a bit much for me to carry..."
"I'll be going back at 4:45 if you're happy to wait until then? I'm sure you can find something to do with the others. It'd give Joan time to look at your phone too. By the way, how did you go getting rid of the squirrel muck?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Oh there's all kinds of things we can do until then maybe I can get that old computer working it looks like an original Altair that's almost as cool as a haunted car. We shoveled up the piles of acorns and other icky stuff and bagged it all up and tossed it down in the garage and I don't think any bags burst we were careful not to overfill them and they landed on something soft. All the dirty old blankets and shredded paper and stuff too, but it's not exactly like you'll be eating your breakfast off the floor besides it's treated plywood so it'd probably be a bit toxic for that anyway. Oh, right, we were going to talk about Java code injection!" And then Cinnamon goes of into gibberish about virtual machines and protection rings and registers and buffer overflows...
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

As the magazine is taken from him he nods in reply before taking off the bowler hat as he stands. With a grin he sets it over the cane and begins to spin it. "Hey look at this? Bet you can't do it too."

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Senka nodded, looking at Kandi.
"Yep. I wanted to know if you had a plan that'll help keep these..". Senka held out her hand, extending her claws for effect.
"Where they are. The wolf said that humans had a way around. He just... Never told me any specifics."

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joan listens to Cinnamon's gibberish. Fortunately she's one of the few people with the skills and knowledge to understand it. After asking a few questions to clarify a few points she disappears for a few moments and then reappears with her laptop. "Do you have your phone and the cord with you? Let's see what the code looks like."

~~~~
As Ryyn starts spinning the hat, Flynn realises that he's still wearing the bonnet. Feeling a bit embarrassed he takes it off and attempts to spin it on his paw but it flies off towards Lucky. Attempting to catch it, he crashes into the other rabbit, knocking them both to the floor.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. I think I have about as much luck as you. I hope I haven't hurt you. Here, let me help you up. Sorry. I'm so sorry."

~~~~
As Flynn helps the other rabbit up, John, with a wry smile, whispers to Cinnanom. "Then again, I may be going back earlier." He calls over to the two rabbbtis. "Are you two OK?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

"Wow!" I could never do that!" Rusty exclaimed, impressed by Ryyn's hat spinning skills.
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:Senka nodded, looking at Kandi.
"Yep. I wanted to know if you had a plan that'll help keep these..". Senka held out her hand, extending her claws for effect.
"Where they are. The wolf said that humans had a way around. He just... Never told me any specifics."
Huh? Oh yea, Were going to classify you as a tamed feral. So you can keep your claws.
Maybe we will go to a pet groomer, and have the points rounded off. so you don't accidentally rip the flesh off someone.

Kandi leads the group on a tour of the loft.
I've moved my office here into this corner. are lounging area, the kitchen, bathroom, laundry. An here is your bedroom Senka. nothing in it right now.. you want a pet bed, or a human bed? a place for your cat toys.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Oh, that's an awesome laptop, mine's an old Satellite I can barely run QNX on, it doesn't even have a working hard disk, I'm lucky it even has USB even if it won't boot off it. Do you have a serial port, though, my phone's serial only."

He rummages through his bag, pulling out floppies and old flash drives, then sits back dejected.

"I don't have my source code. I didn't think I'd need it today."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote: Huh? Oh yea, Were going to classify you as a tamed feral. So you can keep your claws.
Maybe we will go to a pet groomer, and have the points rounded off. so you don't accidentally rip the flesh off someone.
oh for the love of....well that is....urgh...better than the other way Nadia thought , feeling like she's being clawed by a bear for... ,well, "reluctantly" agree with Kandi's idea, but she decided not to say anything.
Keeshah wrote:
Kandi leads the group on a tour of the loft.
I've moved my office here into this corner. are lounging area, the kitchen, bathroom, laundry. An here is your bedroom Senka. nothing in it right now.. you want a pet bed, or a human bed? a place for your cat toys.
And that silence , along with the irritation in the fox's mind , kept at it the entire tour , if she wasn't trying to stay on the human's good side , this would be the point she scream her head off . But instead she just frowned , like she's thinking about something . It's not that anything about what Kandi's doing is bad , in fact the human's doing much more than Nadia can ever imagine someone would do for a pet , let alone a feral she just met literally yesterday , and as frustrating as it was , she....has a little more respect(?!) toward Kandi because of this . But the thing is , Kandi's a human , and in the fox's mind , any of them being this caring is.....out of nature , to say the least . Of course Josh's one of those cases too , but she already knew his reason .

While those thoughts running back and forth in her mind like a crazy rat taunting a cat , Nadia unintentionally shook her head and let out a small "tsk!" right after Kandi finished showing them around
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thank you. I like it. I can do most of what I need on it which is handy when I'm working in other people's offices and homes. I have a serial port over this side and an adaptor so we can use either." She watches the big weasel hunt through his bag. As he discovers he's missing his source code, Joan comes up with a solution.
"Never mind. Let's hammer out the details for now and we can work on the code itself the next time you're around. But before we do that, I'm thirsty. Anyone else like a drink?" She crosses over to the fridge and pulls out a jug of chilled water.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I would." Pyre said, raising his hand.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joan pulls out a stack of glasses and sets them on the bench next to the jug. Pouring herself a glass she invites everyone else to help themselves before reseating herself at the table and beginning a lengthy discussion with Cinnamon which although making perfect sense to the two of them sounds like complete gobbledygook to everyone else. Even John struggles a bit to keep up with the barrage of technical language.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Thanks!" Pyre said pouring himself a glass.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

He gave a small chuckle at Flynn before stopping the spinning and putting the hat back on. "I really like this hat, but why don't you think you could do it Rusty?"

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote: While those thoughts running back and forth in her mind like a crazy rat taunting a cat , Nadia unintentionally shook her head and let out a small "tsk!" right after Kandi finished showing them around

Tsk? Is there something wrong? Or are you disapproving of something again?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote: Tsk? Is there something wrong? Or are you disapproving of something again?
"well , no , I'm not "disapproving" of anything ,just thinking about somethings . Like how did whoever demanded to cut off Senka's claws know about her and you two planning to live together so fast ? Literally overnight . Even in a small town , with phones and all that stuff , it normally don't spread that fast . And second......" she stopped , and took a deep breath , knowing how foolish the question she's about to ask was "why are you trying so hard just to help a stranger you just met , not to mention this stranger being a "dangerous" feral ?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote:
Keeshah wrote: Tsk? Is there something wrong? Or are you disapproving of something again?
"well , no , I'm not "disapproving" of anything ,just thinking about somethings . Like how did whoever demanded to cut off Senka's claws know about her and you two planning to live together so fast ? Literally overnight . Even in a small town , with phones and all that stuff , it normally don't spread that fast . And second......" she stopped , and took a deep breath , knowing how foolish the question she's about to ask was "why are you trying so hard just to help a stranger you just met , not to mention this stranger being a "dangerous" feral ?"

Kandi sits down in the floor to be at eye level with the fox.
The claw thing was just some bureaucrat who thought he could discourage me from taking Senka in as a pet. most likely at my fathers urging, I'm pretty sure he was the one who called in to tip them off now. with Kandi almost saying in a good imitation of a pet snarl.
So i'm moving out here into the barn as well, where he would not have to worry about some wild cat climbing the curtains, an so on. Looking up at Senka. Sorry Hon.

Kandi brushes back her hair.
That is a bit complex to explain.. With her getting chased from her territory, an the wolf telling her to come to town an try being a pet.
The Options were one. Send her back out into the wild to take her chances, and with poachers hunting the big cats in the area, those chances would not be good.
Number two, Have her skulking around the outskirts of the town like the raccoons, and that will end badly in short order.
So option three. Someone had to take her in, An show her how to fit in with the rest of us.

Kandi takes a deep breath.
As for being a "dangerous feral", I'd say you more jumpy and distrusting than Senka is. She is calm, trusting, and very tolerant. It's almost like she was raised in the city Zoo. Have you seen her panic or jump at a sudden unknown noise? I haven't.. yet i've had stupid cows go stamping off just because a tractor they hear every day go by.
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

"I don't know really." Rusty replied, "Maybe it's because the hat's too big for me head?"
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hearing Kandi's explanations ,which even though pretty predictable , made Nadia doubt Kandi a little bit less , just a little , she did willing to stay in this barn with the cougar after all , there could be other reasons , but at least for now , the fox decided she'll go along.
Keeshah wrote:
Kandi takes a deep breath.
As for being a "dangerous feral", I'd say you more jumpy and distrusting than Senka is. She is calm, trusting, and very tolerant. It's almost like she was raised in the city Zoo. Have you seen her panic or jump at a sudden unknown noise? I haven't.. yet i've had stupid cows go stamping off just because a tractor they hear every day go by.
"*sigh* It's not like I don't want things to be as simple and easy as they seem to be for once..........wait , hold on , "jumpy" ? "distrusting"? Come on !" The fox's tone changed from rather depressing to a more cheering and joking one , while she slowly get closer to Kandi "I'm not that bad , am I ?" she asked , trying to sound as cute as possible , she even did the puppy eyes thing , which never works ! And she's grinning from ears to ears too !
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I'll just take water, thanks, unless you have V8 juice..."

Back to the technical details... "... and then I went to download it again and the whole site's gone, just one of those DHS logos, so I went digging through my backups and I still had a copy of the driver, so I used the debug mode to inject the driver in the phone, and now I could take pictures in dark light, like this..."

Everyone in the kitchen has this feeling like their scalp has been briefly replaced with blue cheese.

"... and then when you look at the picture, you can see these kind of colored auras, well, animals can see it, I haven't found a human that can see them yet, so obviously there's some kind of quantum entanglement going on between the observer and the data in the CCD, mediated by the cues in the raw image. If I take another picture, the effect's gone. It works better with my film camera, but like I was telling Flynn, Dad made me stop messing around with dry ice."
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:Joan listens to Cinnamon's gibberish. Fortunately she's one of the few people with the skills and knowledge to understand it. After asking a few questions to clarify a few points she disappears for a few moments and then reappears with her laptop. "Do you have your phone and the cord with you? Let's see what the code looks like."

~~~~
As Ryyn starts spinning the hat, Flynn realises that he's still wearing the bonnet. Feeling a bit embarrassed he takes it off and attempts to spin it on his paw but it flies off towards Lucky. Attempting to catch it, he crashes into the other rabbit, knocking them both to the floor.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. I think I have about as much luck as you. I hope I haven't hurt you. Here, let me help you up. Sorry. I'm so sorry."

~~~~
As Flynn helps the other rabbit up, John, with a wry smile, whispers to Cinnanom. "Then again, I may be going back earlier." He calls over to the two rabbbtis. "Are you two OK?"
"It's fine," replied Lucky, :It could have been worse." As he was getting up he stepped on his own long ear and tripped forward into Flynn. He sighed and said, "Well I should have known better."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Senka shrugged. Calm? Trusting? She didn't know about that. But she wasn't a cougar that assumes anything. The face value was always most important. If someone isn't hostile to you, why be hostile to them? Life is already hard enough as it is. She began to walk around the loft, examining this and that closely.
"Your very anti-human.". The mountain lion pointed out bluntly.

Ref Ref!