Housepets! Radio Show Is Closed

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Chron

Re: Housepets! Radio Show

Post by Chron »

Yes! I was a bit afraid this might have died like some other projects I tried to "help" along.
So, Ebly, who'd ya pick? :D
*WARNING* This product contains A.D.H.D. and is therefore liable to suddenly lose interest in what he's saying, stare into space for unknown amounts of time, and point at random objects shouting, "Look, a chicken!" when there is no chicken.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Chron wrote:Yes! I was a bit afraid this might have died like some other projects I tried to "help" along.
So, Ebly, who'd ya pick? :D
I don't think he has picked anyone yet, we are waiting for the summer to get this moving along.
Make Pasta not war.
Icharus

Post by Icharus »

Still going to find a free moment and record some other characters, it's in the works. I expect to get something done in the next week or so.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Picked = secret, kind of.

I'll put the cast list up only when the full cast has been decided on, which is kind of natural, isn't it?

Chewy, I am a little apprehensive to have someone who has been here for not even one day to do voices in this project. I'm sure you understand! But that's not a guaranteed no, that's an "I am a little apprehensive". Go ahead and try me anyway!
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Ebly wrote:Picked = secret, kind of.

I'll put the cast list up only when the full cast has been decided on, which is kind of natural, isn't it?

Chewy, I am a little apprehensive to have someone who has been here for not even one day to do voices in this project. I'm sure you understand! But that's not a guaranteed no, that's an "I am a little apprehensive". Go ahead and try me anyway!
I don't know if I can understand with no explanation, but I certainly won't hold it against you. ;) I know I wouldn't want to take any chance away from someone who's been here a long time and wanted to try, even if (not likely) others thought my performance was better.

Anyway, I may not be right for any of the parts--I'm admittedly no expert in voice over acting, and only have a little experience. I just thought I'd offer my services and see if anyone thought anything of my performances--plus I wanted to have some fun with it. If nothing else it'll give me some practice, and maybe I can get some feedback too, which can only be to the good, right? ;) And besides, I can always provide my own voices for my own private pleasure even if I don't get picked for anything.

I'll still send you the sound files whenever I do them, but again, I won't hold it against you if you decide not to go with any of them. (I would like some feedback on them, though, if I could at least get that.)
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I think the issue is that Ebly is not sure of your staying power yet. You have been a member here for less than 24 hours. This is a long-term project, and he just doesn't know if you'll be here in a few months. (A lot of people join, post for a few days, and then leave.) It's not personal, and if you are still here at some point down the road, his hesitance to cast you will probably be greatly diminished or nonexistant.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Dissension wrote:I think the issue is that Ebly is not sure of your staying power yet. You have been a member here for less than 24 hours. This is a long-term project, and he just doesn't know if you'll be here in a few months. (A lot of people join, post for a few days, and then leave.) It's not personal, and if you are still here at some point down the road, his hesitance to cast you will probably be greatly diminished or nonexistant.
Ah, okay, I see.

Well, I know my words don't carry any weight without evidence to back it up, but I do plan to be here considerably longer than "a few days." I have lurked on these forums a little bit before joining and I did see the warnings that this project wouldn't start until the summer, so I have no delusions on it starting sooner. I mostly wanted to mention it now rather than later in case any parts I wanted to try got taken--I wanted to at least have a fair shot even if I ultimately didn't get picked.

I don't know what my schedule will be like in the summer but I certainly have no intention of abandoning the forum, whatever comes my way in the meanwhile (I haven't abandoned other forums I've joined in the past, so I speak from my own experience in that regard). In short, I feel confident at this point that I WILL still be here at that time. But don't take my word for it, I intend to prove it. ;)

Anyway, if I did my voices now and got feedback on them, and followed others' advice over the next few months, I could only get better, right? ;)

Thanks for the explanation--sorry, sometimes I need one.... :oops:
PF chars

--Phoenix

Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I have no issue with giving feedback!

I'm going to go with 'what Dissension said' because it means I don't have to repeat him. *giggles*

The warnings that this project would not start until the summer make absolutely no sense since I gave the project no time frame. We start when Grape and Peanut have been chosen. That's my criteria, at least.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Ebly wrote:I have no issue with giving feedback!

I'm going to go with 'what Dissension said' because it means I don't have to repeat him. *giggles*

The warnings that this project would not start until the summer make absolutely no sense since I gave the project no time frame. We start when Grape and Peanut have been chosen. That's my criteria, at least.
Oh, okay then! :D

I seem to recall seeing the word "summer" somewhere, though.... :?

Anyway, while I don't expect to voice either of the two main characters, I'll still do sound files with their voices, just to practice and get feedback (glad you have no problem with that!). But I'm more interested in doing Fox's voice (since the voice I imagine for him would mean I won't have to fake any kind of dialect but just talk normally) and/or Joel/King's voice (since at this point he's my favorite character). And those two appear so infrequently that I can't foresee any problems for myself if I were to get picked for one or both of them.

There is one line of Fox's, though, that I will REALLY have to practice because I get out of breath trying to say it without pausing:
http://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/08/0 ... et-so-far/

It's the one in the second panel where he's talking to Bino. I'll probably attempt that, as well as some lines of his that I like better.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Ebly

Post by Ebly »

ChewyChewy wrote:Oh, okay then! :D

I've seen other people around the place talking about this being in the summer, too. Not just Dylan and you, I mean. Not just in this thread. Maybe I said so just to give people a time-frame for those whom are obsessive about having them? But still, I don't remember ever saying such.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Ebly wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Oh, okay then! :D

I've seen other people around the place talking about this being in the summer, too. Not just Dylan and you, I mean. Not just in this thread. Maybe I said so just to give people a time-frame for those whom are obsessive about having them? But still, I don't remember ever saying such.
Heh, well, I unfortunately fall into that category of "those whom are obsessive about having" time-frames, sorry about that.... :oops:

But given my record in the past I don't expect to have a problem with still being around in the summer or whenever this does get started. :D My only concern is with my actual performances.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Ebly

Post by Ebly »

ChewyChewy wrote:I unfortunately fall into that category of "those whom are obsessive about having" time-frames, sorry about that.... :oops:
You said so in your introduction, so I am not surprised, heehee.

Feel free to take on a summer time-frame.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Bumping this! I have something to listen to, then I'll see if the cast list is updated at all. I might even actually put the present list up so people can actually start recording stuff, without waiting for the whole cast to be picked, since it seems that's going to take foreverever.
Jack

Post by Jack »

wait, what? this has been moving? who did ebly pick? WHO?!
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Part of me wants to ask for some feedback on the auditions I sent in (since it's been 1 1/2 months), part of me wants to wait until we find out who's been picked (although I have no idea when that'll even happen)....

At any rate, I do want both, whenever it happens....
PF chars

--Phoenix

Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Recent things happening in real life might end up with me taking a little break from the forums, which would mean this being put on hold too
Jack

Post by Jack »

*le gasp* oh no!
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Most of the cast has probably already been picked, but I really want to be part of this. I can't record my voice this weekend, but I will be able to do it soon.

The characters I feel like I could do are as follows:
Fox, King, Pete, Fido, Joey, Max, Rex, Zach, or any minor characters you decide my voice sounds good for.

I don't have any experience voice acting, but I've been in choir for six years, so I have good control over my voice.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

ctcmjh wrote:Most of the cast has probably already been picked, but I really want to be part of this. I can't record my voice this weekend, but I will be able to do it soon.

The characters I feel like I could do are as follows:
Fox, King, Pete, Fido, Joey, Max, Rex, Zach, or any minor characters you decide my voice sounds good for.

I don't have any experience voice acting, but I've been in choir for six years, so I have good control over my voice.
There is no time limit on auditioning! Heehee. Chuck me a PM when you have recordings!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I keep... meaning to do that. What about a general demo, then you can kind of direct me toward a character you're looking for?

Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Yup! Some people have ended up going that way unintentionally, too. There's one person who obviously will remain nameless who has auditioned for more than one character... instead, I awarded them a part they haven't even attempted. *giggles*
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Ebly wrote:Yup! Some people have ended up going that way unintentionally, too. There's one person who obviously will remain nameless who has auditioned for more than one character... instead, I awarded them a part they haven't even attempted. *giggles*
That's odd...why did you do that...?
PF chars

--Phoenix

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Casting directors (which Ebly resembles in this case) often offer actors a role they didn't audition for. It usually just means "Oh, hey, I think you'd be perfect for such-and-such a role."

In my case, I will be submitting a generalized audition that is not tailored to a specific character. Ebly can pick-and-choose to assemble a character. "If you'd do something like your first one but more raspy for Butch, we can go from there."

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Dissension wrote:Casting directors (which Ebly resembles in this case) often offer actors a role they didn't audition for. It usually just means "Oh, hey, I think you'd be perfect for such-and-such a role."

In my case, I will be submitting a generalized audition that is not tailored to a specific character. Ebly can pick-and-choose to assemble a character. "If you'd do something like your first one but more raspy for Butch, we can go from there."
Oh, I see.

I hope we get some information soon because these little carrots he's dangling are really teasing....
PF chars

--Phoenix

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Ebly wrote:Yup! Some people have ended up going that way unintentionally, too. There's one person who obviously will remain nameless who has auditioned for more than one character... instead, I awarded them a part they haven't even attempted. *giggles*
Why am I highly suspicious that this person is me?
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Buckdida wrote:
Why am I highly suspicious that this person is me?
I'm sure I don't know. :| There's not enough info for me to know if it's me or not (though I doubt it), but I do fit the description.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Pretty broad terms-- anyone who auditioned for more than one character but not, um... ALL the characters. xD A nice way to say something without saying anything at all, but that seems like it was the point.
RG; Seb & Dahlia
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Vadiant wrote:Pretty broad terms-- anyone who auditioned for more than one character but not, um... ALL the characters. xD A nice way to say something without saying anything at all, but that seems like it was the point.
That's exactly why it bothers me. :P Any more vague and it would apply to ANYONE who's sent in auditions, period....
PF chars

--Phoenix

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Vadiant wrote:Pretty broad terms-- anyone who auditioned for more than one character but not, um... ALL the characters. xD A nice way to say something without saying anything at all, but that seems like it was the point.
That's exactly why it bothers me. :P Any more vague and it would apply to ANYONE who's sent in auditions, period....
I'm going to get you for this one, Ebly
JakJak

Post by JakJak »

This sounds like an interesting idea I would try. Only problem is I don't think I fit the bill for any of the characters in this comic lol.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

JakJak wrote:This sounds like an interesting idea I would try. Only problem is I don't think I fit the bill for any of the characters in this comic lol.
Only problem is that you keep leaving, silly.

Record something, there really are not enough auditions.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Seriously, I think Ebly has been expecting my audition since Way Back when this first started. If you even think you might be suitable, you should audition. And, you know, don't leave (or else).

Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

"Pondering about doing sending something"

I'm sure my dutch accents wound fit any wear
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Ebly wrote:
JakJak wrote:This sounds like an interesting idea I would try. Only problem is I don't think I fit the bill for any of the characters in this comic lol.
Only problem is that you keep leaving, silly.

Record something, there really are not enough auditions.
Not enough auditions huh? In that case can I request playing: random cat 44, Random dog 44 and random man 44 please?
On a serious note, I have two rather nice microphones, so it would be cool if I send you something and simply hope for the best! (to be honest though it would be cool to play random dog 44, if not you choose)
I made an audition for...a differant project altogeather recently...but it wouldn't hurt to use it here would it? Yeah, I simply don't know where to send anything...nor what to say...so yeah, hopefully I will be random.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sorry it took me a long time, but It was hard finding some time to do this. It's very noisy in my house. So I'll PM you the audition very very shortly. I did the entire 'It's a Wonderful Dog's Life' arc. It's a little long, but it allowed me to try out for King, Pete, Fox and Bino. I might send you another one later. Oh yeah, I didn't do Grape, Peanut, or Sasha. In fact, I just skipped the whole page with Sasha.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Sorry it took me a long time, but It was hard finding some time to do this. It's very noisy in my house. So I'll PM you the audition very very shortly. I did the entire 'It's a Wonderful Dog's Life' arc. It's a little long, but it allowed me to try out for King, Pete, Fox and Bino. I might send you another one later. Oh yeah, I didn't do Grape, Peanut, or Sasha. In fact, I just skipped the whole page with Sasha.
Aww, I should have done that! :P
PF chars

--Phoenix

machchunk

Post by machchunk »

Could you just post a list of all the characters you're currently looking for?
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Baaaaaaaaaah, I'm anxious to see who's playing whom now! I can just imagine the oddball voices that would work so well!

Peanut Butter Sandwich............Buckdida
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
bixlow

Post by bixlow »

I have voice acting experience if needed
... biscuit?...really?
Monty: S-7/P- 4/E-6/C-7/I-4/A-5/L-9/
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Teh Brawler wrote:Baaaaaaaaaah, I'm anxious to see who's playing whom now! I can just imagine the oddball voices that would work so well!

Peanut Butter Sandwich............Buckdida
Do you even know what my voice sounds like? I really don't think I got that part. I think I may have gotten Spo, but I'm not sure, and I haven't pryed for info from Ebly~ Basically, I'm still going to wait like everyone else. 'sonly fair, you know?