2017/04/12 - Wrong Side Of The Blanket

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Not A Furry

Re: 2017/04/12 - Wrong Side Of The Blanket

Post by Not A Furry »

Adoring Fan wrote:I'm actually starting to worry about peanut here :?

He's taking this way harder than he should. I mean bailey even TOLD him there were only 3... Though.... It is sorta odd they packed 4 blankets for only 3 puppies, like is one in case one gets dirty or what? Poor peanut though the stress hes putting himself under cant be fun.
4th everything is for King. He's puppy-sized remember?
KathYohneke

Post by KathYohneke »

Really at this point I think he just keeps finding stuff for king as well or kitsune peered in and said "you know it'd be funny if..."
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

CyberDragon wrote:
Naro Rivers wrote:
CyberDragon wrote:Peanut is always getting his mind broken, isn't he? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually, he has taken everything (except the slow-motion pillow fight) in stride so far, unfazed even by taking an elevator to another plane where Dragon was fighting an ice giant. On Gallifrax, his biggest concern was whether his thinking that Dragon and Tarot were one and the same when they weren't constituted cheating on the latter.

I, for one, find it amusing that this of all things is the straw that broke the camel's back, given how well he reacted to everything up to this point.

On the other hand, it should be pointed out that Peanut may not actually be going insane. He's more likely fearing for his and Grape's lives because of what Bailey (who, by the way, caved Bino's face in when she and King were fighting) might do to them if there is indeed a fourth puppy (and he's convinced that there is).
Peanut's brain has been broken a couple of times. Mostly in early comics. Remember when Grape revealed she was a girl? And that time with the barnyard cats? And who can forget his reaction when Grape let on that she knew about his crush.

Edit: Didn't see you mentioned the barnyard cats. The other two still stand.
I would only say his brain was "broken" with the barnyard cats. He was surprised in the other two instances (and incredibly embarrassed in the latter), but he didn't really freak out in either and he has never had a freak-out on this scale.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
IronLucario2012

Post by IronLucario2012 »

To be fair, the last panel here gives a decent explanation of why this is making him freak out so much.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

I'm confused: if Peanut is in a shocked, petrified state after reading the can, how come has he reached out his arms and put blankets on them? And why?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

no, he was only really scared from the can, but he was still functioning. he's petrified because he found 4 blankets in the puppy bag, further evidence of the secret 4th puppy
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets