2017/05/26 - Mana Many Needs

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
GameCobra

Re: 2017/05/26 - Mana Many Needs

Post by GameCobra »

The whole world is turned into Housepets.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

^
So this arc will be the Housepets equivalent to DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths? :lol:
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:
Iceheart wrote:Sasha has had enough of Demigods for one lifetime. Can't say I blame her.
I doubt she has enough. I honestly can't remember how many times Sasha had anything to do with one of the demigods.
Sabrina on the other hand...

Well after the last time, it's no wonder, she doesn't want to go back. They got attacked by monsters and it is dangerous inside there.
I just hope Keene takes Karishad along. Why doesn't Keene just take Miles' boys along? I bet they would love something like that and they would be good bulky warriors or does Keene just try to go on a raid with a small army? :shock:

Sasha is the great kitsunes avatar.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Obbl wrote:
Bubsy wrote:What could possibly go wrong?
That's it that is the best quote for this whole plan. Sabrina is going to be helping anyway isn't she, even if it's just because she could save someone from getting hurt during this.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Although Keene will get Sabrina to come in some shape or form, I just realized what kind of offer Keene might tempt Sabrina with : Marriage with Fido. Considering they would be the first dog and cat marriage, it could help strengthen his position in equalizing the pets.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Not A Furry wrote:
Argent wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Also, keep in mind that turning people into animals (many of which are already old) would shorten their life span?
But then they'd go to Heaven.
Can't argue with that logic, brb getting the masheen gun :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
:shock: ...that's kinda messed up Argent.

Ya know, it's not guaranteed they go to heaven. Heaven's just the only afterlife in Housepets! we've seen. :?
I mean at least to my knowledge, I believe Rick has mentioned the possibility of a hell arc. Not a confirmation considering it was just a thought suggested by us, but that does kinda leave the possibility there. Unless Rick later shot this idea down in which case, makes sense. Still a PG comic :roll:
ImageImageImageImage
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Well, Even if there isn't a Hell arc, the existence of Heaven implies that we're using some variant of the standard cosmology.

Also, during Not All Dogs it was explicitly stated that there was a real chance that King's choices could keep him out of Heaven.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Bandit1990 wrote:Well, Even if there isn't a Hell arc, the existence of Heaven implies that we're using some variant of the standard cosmology.

Also, during Not All Dogs it was explicitly stated that there was a real chance that King's choices could keep him out of Heaven.
Good catch! And I think by "Dog Heaven" they just mean the requirements for animals in general or there's literally a specific way for each species to go to heaven. However,
if everyone was equal, I can only assume Bahamut wouldn't just let that loophole of "suddenly it's easy for everyone to go to heaven!" slide, and adjust it accordingly.
ImageImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Ya know, it's not guaranteed they go to heaven. Heaven's just the only afterlife in Housepets! we've seen. :?
Pete claimed that turning Joel into a dog did him a favor because it meant he would go to heaven.

Humans don't get that automatically.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

The last strip of "Not All Dogs" says that Dog Heaven is "very lenient" compared to Human Heaven, which (coupled with the name of the arc itself) does seem to imply it's possible a dog might not end up there.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Keeshah wrote:
HundKatzeMaus wrote:
Iceheart wrote:Sasha has had enough of Demigods for one lifetime. Can't say I blame her.
I doubt she has enough. I honestly can't remember how many times Sasha had anything to do with one of the demigods.
Sabrina on the other hand...

Well after the last time, it's no wonder, she doesn't want to go back. They got attacked by monsters and it is dangerous inside there.
I just hope Keene takes Karishad along. Why doesn't Keene just take Miles' boys along? I bet they would love something like that and they would be good bulky warriors or does Keene just try to go on a raid with a small army? :shock:
Sasha is the great kitsunes avatar.
That's still debated. All we know for certain was she was off limits to Pete for some reason "protected" as he put it. And we never actually got a clear indication that Kitsune needed a GMPC at all to pull off his little Batman Gambit, so why have one?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Everyone puts a lot of stock into that "protected" line of Pete's.

When I read it the first time I took it as him just saying that she'll be fine so King wouldn't worry. Nothing was ever brought up about it again. Did I miss something?

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Just an epileptic tree that pops up from time to time.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

You know, there is a bit of fridge logic that's been bothering me about equalizing humans and animals in this universe. I assume that means all animals would be given human rights and be considered people. However, society only thrives when you don't have to fear your neighbors. All of the animals would have to be protected from harm from other animals, including prey species from natural predators, meaning the predators would starve. If there wasn't this kind of protection, then society would collapse entirely. So unless they plan on using that magic to let predators sustain themselves on fairy dust and dragon tears (or, you know, plants) then I'd give things about two days before everything devolves into anarchy and conflict.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:I mean at least to my knowledge, I believe Rick has mentioned the possibility of a hell arc.
Bandit1990 wrote:Well, Even if there isn't a Hell arc, the existence of Heaven implies that we're using some variant of the standard cosmology.

Yes, Rick once stated he may have an idea for hell (just sayin'). Even if this not happens, I think hell is pretty much canon P=
Argent

Post by Argent »

Carnivores could still eat fish and insects...

Like they do in Zootopia.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Good point.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Not A Furry wrote:Can't argue with that logic, brb getting the masheen gun :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
It won't work on Karishad or Squeak, though. They actually enjoy it!
Buster wrote:we never actually got a clear indication that Kitsune needed a GMPC at all to pull off his little Batman Gambit, so why have one?
If he does, I'm convinced that it's Karishad. Not only that, but I think the Karishad in the Housepets! universe doesn't actually exist, but is rather GK in disguise, since Kari seems to be a Reality Warper. Either that, or his universe-bending ability comes from being based on a real person.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Argent

Post by Argent »

Naro Rivers wrote:Either that, or his universe-bending ability comes from being based on a real person.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Argent wrote:
Naro Rivers wrote:Either that, or his universe-bending ability comes from being based on a real person.
GAME OVER. THE USER WINS.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Argent

Post by Argent »

Naro Rivers wrote:GAME OVER. THE USER WINS.
ENZO... NOOOOOOOOOO...
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Argent wrote:
Naro Rivers wrote:GAME OVER. THE USER WINS.
ENZO... NOOOOOOOOOO...
:lol: