My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Penwrite

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Penwrite »

I'm waiting until I have the actual DVDs to hear the song. There's just going to be something special about it. :)
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

My mind just blew up in a thousand of pieces
http://chzbronies.files.wordpress.com/2 ... -ginyu.jpg
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

IceKitsune wrote:Extended opening with Singalong The puns are a bit corny but other then that I really like it.
Was I the only one who heard that whistle note overlapping the ending "Frieeeeeeends" notes? *impressed*
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

angelusbr wrote:My mind just blew up in a thousand of pieces
http://chzbronies.files.wordpress.com/2 ... -ginyu.jpg
*mind blows up*

Whoa. I'd only recognized him as Rhinox from Beast Wars! That is cool!

On a note only slightly related to ponies, I have recently become addicted to Robot Unicorn Attack. It is a fun game.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

"There was me, that is Pinkie Pie, and my three droogs, that is Applejack, Rarity, and Derpy, and we sat in Sugar Cube Corners trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. Sugar Cube Corners sold cupcakes-plus, Cupcakes plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were eating. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence."
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

okay, not so scared anymore
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:*image[/img]

"There was me, that is Pinkie Pie, and my three droogs, that is Applejack, Rarity, and Derpy, and we sat in Sugar Cube Corners trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. Sugar Cube Corners sold cupcakes-plus, Cupcakes plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were eating. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence."
I'm really going to have to watch that movie someday.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Image

Best use of ponies I've ever seen
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Other than the actual show, I assume.
Radio Blue Heart

"On the afternoon of August 18th, 1973, five young ponies in a Volkswagen van ran out of gas on a farm road in South Ponyville. Four of them were never seen again..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9F_pjJrxEo

"The events of that day were to lead to the discovery of one of the most bizarre crimes in the annals of Equestrian history, The Ponyville Chainsaw Massacre."
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:"On the afternoon of August 18th, 1973, five young ponies in a Volkswagen van ran out of gas on a farm road in South Ponyville. Four of them were never seen again..."

"The events of that day were to lead to the discovery of one of the most bizarre crimes in the annals of Equestrian history, The Ponyville Chainsaw Massacre."
I...I just don't...why...I just don't know what went wrong!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Penwrite wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:*image[/img]

I'm really going to have to watch that movie someday.
Read the book too.
Penwrite wrote:Other than the actual show, I assume.
I stand by my orginal statement
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

So, due to an undeniable urge to play the song over and over again in the past few days, I've decided that Smile has definitely overtaken Winter Wrap-Up as my favorite song from the series. I've realized that it's basically my life goal in song form, so I'm making it my go-to theme song. Forever.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

KJOokami wrote:So, due to an undeniable urge to play the song over and over again in the past few days, I've decided that Smile has definitely overtaken Winter Wrap-Up as my favorite song from the series. I've realized that it's basically my life goal in song form, so I'm making it my go-to theme song. Forever.
It did that to me the minute I saw it in the episode. It's the best song from the series ever!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Radio Blue Heart

Penwrite wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:"On the afternoon of August 18th, 1973, five young ponies in a Volkswagen van ran out of gas on a farm road in South Ponyville. Four of them were never seen again..."

I...I just don't...why...I just don't know what went wrong!

"Who will survive and what will be left of them?"

Perhaps that farm road was near Sweet Apple Acres...
-Virgil
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

Do you knowed they changed the voice and the eyes of the gray pony, Derpy Hooves?

They said the real reason was the adult people who don't watch MLP, don't liked to see his childrens see a character with dysfunctional vision. So, Hasbro changed her eyes and voice. The bronies didn't like that much.
They post a website called http://www.savederpy.com with a petition to change back Derpy.

See the site http://www.savederpy.com/ and this video to see the diference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOre-Cuw ... re=related

And so, I looked on the youtube and found this video with Adolf Hittler angry about this change of Derpy Hooves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMtQob9r ... re=related
"It's not a good thing to be remembered, and the worst is I remember." - McTwisp
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Her voice was changed because her original voice was a mistake by the voice actress who didn't realize Derpy was a female. The thing people are mad at is "Careful, Derpy!" being replaced with "Now be careful!" or something, in a much worse voice. Hasbro has not given an official statement as to why this was, nor has Apple. And as far as we're aware, this change only happened on iTunes.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

As far as I'm aware, Hasbro's given no official news about changing Derpy in any way since previous claims that they have no intention of doing so.

With that in mind, I imagine that the recent change to the iTunes version of the episode (awful editing and all) have to do solely with Apple. Not Hasbro.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think Apple has better things to do than modify cartoons.
Radio Blue Heart

I sent an email to the "Save Derpy" site offering my support and my analysis of the situation. This is the content of that email. Tell me if you think that I made a good point as to whether or not Derpy should be allowed to live:
I know it seems like a lot of people don't like Derpy. A few hundred emails to the people at Hasbro and it seems the world is against this character. But what of the people who like and love her? It is much harder to express love and support than it is to send in tons of hate mail. Because it is always harder to be negative than it is to be positive. Idiots are not the majority, they are just the loudest.

Derpy Hooves is not a stereotype of people with metal or visual disabilities. She is just a silly cartoon character that loves being silly. People act as though a character with visual impairments is something that is a recent phenomenon. It is not. The character of Mr. Magoo has been around since the late forties. He is a character who all the jokes revolving around him are based on his severe nearsightedness. This character has continued to appear in cartoons to this day and in 1997 Disney saw it fit to release a live action film version starring Leslie Nielson as the title character. They added a warning saying that people with poor eyesight can live happy normal lives. This is not the only animated programs, films and comics to feature characters who have visual impairments. Those include:
The Simpsons
Rocko's Modern Life
Ren and Stimpy
Daredevil
Zatoichi
Kung Fu
Looney Toons
Scooby Doo

Even the poet Homer was blind and he composed two of the greatest epic poems of all time.

As far as characters that act clumsy or stupid, that is a trope that is as old as cartoons itself. Characters like Disney's Goofy and many other of their core characters, The Simpson's Homer as well as most of the cast. And let us not for get characters from animated or live action films like Jar Jar Binks and Forest Gump. A person can be born completely normal and still be of below average intelligence. Many factors can effect a person's intelligence such as environment, physical injury or just a unwillingness to learn. Sometimes a lack of common sense and carelessness have more to do with it.

Derpy is not unique in either of these respects. Due to the overwhelming popularity of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" she is simply the most visual and prominent. This simply makes her a much easier target. If these people really cared about the feelings of others, like they claim, then they would try to go after these "Classic Characters" as hard as they go after Derpy. MLP:FIM is NOT "Family Guy". They do not present characters in the hope of getting a cheap shock laugh out of the audience. She is just a clumsy and sweet character that things don't work out for. There is no malice or cruel intent, just silliness. The vast majority of the adult section of the audience see this, except for a few people who find that it is easier to censor than to teach their children the proper way to deal with these types of situations. As for its target audience of children: Children are naïve and innocent. They have to be taught to be intolerant and judgmental, and I doubt that they can learn to discriminate from a silly cartoon horse.

In summation, this character is not damaging to anyone and it would be almost criminal to do away with her over a controversy so groundless.

-Radio Blue Heart
-Virgil
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Sleet wrote:I think Apple has better things to do than modify cartoons.
What I meant is that Apple are more likely the ones responsible for pulling the plug on the episode unless it was changed.

Edit: Also, Radio, while a well-written email, it's nothing that hasn't been sent to Hasbro already. And it's just as unnecessary as all the others before it. Hasbro has still yet to release any information alluding to removing her character entirely; in fact, someone posted a link in this thread to one of the animators' DeviantArt journals stating quite the opposite.

The only thing "in danger" is the line where Rainbow Dash states that her name (or at least what some ponies call her) is Derpy, and her original voice. They'll likely be more hesitant to say her name again, and they'll probably keep to a different voice, if anything changes at all (which we still don't know that will happen, as Hasbro hasn't released anything official themselves).
Last edited by KJOokami on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I thought we weren't supposed to talk about this here.
Well, I've heard people saying it was Apple the one to edit the episode (as in an inside job) and not Hasbro (while others said it was indeed Hasbro the one to do it).
If Apple was the one to edit it, then it means Apple Violated Hasbro's copyright against Hasbro's will and that could cause a huge lawsuit, or am I wrong?
Buuuuut, since we haven't heard any news about Hasbro suing Apple for it, we can either asume Hasbro approved the change or simply couldn't care less about how ofensive Derpy's removal was. Yes, that's right, removing Derpy is actually more offensive than let her the way she was.
People claimed she was an offense to the mentally handcapped ('I had a friend like that as a kid. He was a really nice person and I enjoyed playing with him as a kid. and, in fact, I only learned he was "mentally handcapped" when I was a teenager and my mom told me about it. I only thought he was a bhit weird and that was all. But my opinion of him didn't change a bit. The sad part was that his mental illness got worse year after year and, one day, his mother moved and I never heard of him again. I wonder how he is sometimes...)
But what Hasbro or Apple forgot to look was that the underping Derpy pretty much meant "Hey, kids, if you aren't normal, be normal or you wopn't be accepted!"
That's how I felt over Derpy's change.
As for a character itself, I never cared that much about her, but it was the reason why they changed her that made me side with the "save Depry" side.
Radio Blue Heart

Another debate got started in the youtube debates for the episode "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" someone pointed out a full grown Derpy Hooves in the crowd and the debate raged about Derpy's actual age. We came to two conclusions:

1. She is a member of the royal family and has a long life span like Celestia and Luna

2. Derpy Hooves is... THE HIGHLANDER! THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
-Virgil
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Okay....The ****storm about derpy will reach critical levels after this.
http://dash.ponychan.net/chan/files/src ... 829926.jpg
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Not here, it won't.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Honestly, I beyond caring about this anymore. I'm gonna get me one of those DVD copies with the original dubbing, and I'm gonna be a happy brony. #DealingWithIt
Radio Blue Heart

Censorship should be censored.
-Virgil
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I think that Apple got worried about the "controversy" so they pulled the episode, pressuring Hasbro to do a quick, iTunes only edit so they would put it back up.
Blame goes to Apple for over reacting, Hasbro was just ensuring they'd get money from the episode.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Dissension wrote:Not here, it won't.
ugh. I meant in the fandom as general.
All I know is that Hasbro is dead to me.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

So anyway, let's just drop this Derpy debate, please? It's over and done with, people in the know have said that it's only this one episode that got changed, and we all have the official DVD for Original Derpy.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Penwrite wrote:So anyway, let's just drop this Derpy debate, please? It's over and done with, people in the know have said that it's only this one episode that got changed, and we all have the official DVD for Original Derpy.
Agreeeed~

For a change of topic, looks like Discord is at it again! D:
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Agreed, no more raging. If I want stuff to make me hate the fanbase, I can read EQDaily's reports on the subject.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

KJOokami wrote:
Penwrite wrote:So anyway, let's just drop this Derpy debate, please? It's over and done with, people in the know have said that it's only this one episode that got changed, and we all have the official DVD for Original Derpy.
Agreeeed~

For a change of topic, looks like Discord is at it again! D:
That's the most huggable Gilda I've ever seen. And don't worry, the artist pretty much confirmed to me that after first making Fluttershy squeak and going off to do it to all the other ponies, Discord kinda softened up and became a weird, uncle-figure to the mane 6. It's all mostly in good fun now.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

not only that, but they got their revenge.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Seen it, so freaking adorable it's not even funny. Seriously, I love how this guy draws ponies.
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Hey, how's it going guys? I haven't posted anything on this thread for a long time, so... have some Derpy:
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

wow that is an old pic
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »