Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Alastair

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Alastair »

Seth wrote:sorrow:my dad will never be Burt Reynolds
Inali wrote:Sorrow: It seems that every time me and dad go somewhere, we argue about something. (It's mostly been about money lately).... It usually goes like this: I'll be going somewhere with him on my free days, and while we're in the car, I'll say something, or he'll say something, and then there we go. There not big arguments, they're just getting old... I love my dad and he loves me but we get under each others skin at times. We usually hug and make up later, and everything will be alright for a while... I just don't see things like he does.
well at least they aren't earth shattering fights. I tend to argue alot with my mom, sometimes it just happens with family, as long as you don't let it get crazy I wouldn't worry too much.
They're not crazy arguments by any means, but they're unpleasant conversations that make my blood pressure go up...
Sleet wrote:Sorrow: I don't have a dad to argue with.
Okay Sleet, that seriously makes me feel bad...
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I realize that probably came across as passive-aggressive envious loathing. I more meant it in a "count your blessings" way. :/
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Sleet wrote:I realize that probably came across as passive-aggressive envious loathing. I more meant it in a "count your blessings" way. :/
It's okay... I do take my parents for granted sometimes, and I shouldn't...
------------------

The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Joy: Got the entire Half Life 2 soundtrack downloaded
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Sorrow: It seems that my manic highs and lows have become of greater intensity. I have to watch my health carefully so I don't become sick again. I can't afford to get sick now but perhaps it is inevitable.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

sorrow:fairly certain I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: Going to a motivational seminar set up by the university this weekend. They love to rub in the fact that I've failed all my subjects last semester, and do some intervention supposedly to help me do better. The thing is, these seminars won't work on me on the long run (speaking from past experiences). And I've been trying hard to make up for it already anyway =w='

Sorrow: I'm a crappy friend, both IRL and online. Nuff said.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

We're not super close yet, but I don't think you're a crappy friend!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

kurowolfe wrote:Sorrow: Going to a motivational seminar set up by the university this weekend. They love to rub in the fact that I've failed all my subjects last semester, and do some intervention supposedly to help me do better. The thing is, these seminars won't work on me on the long run (speaking from past experiences). And I've been trying hard to make up for it already anyway =w='

Sorrow: I'm a crappy friend, both IRL and online. Nuff said.
Assuming you're right and you haven't been a great friend at least you recognize it.
That's something at least
and I'm sure you're a better friend than you give yourself credit for
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

sorrow: Upon walking to the library and beginning my homework, I realize how little sense it is all making to me. After staring at it, doing it all slowly, I begin contemplating how failing this subject will effect my life. Eventually, I walk off to do something productive, but nothing seems to come to me. My confidence seemed completely drained...which is a first for me. Thankfully, a friend came up to talk to just to raise my confidence. Never been more happy about seeing a friend in my life, I don't think.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Joy: Had a great dream where a Squirrel walked up to me and I earned its trust. It went inside with me, twas fun. ^^
Joy: Spring vacation soon.
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

Sorrow- After taking a good look around me, I realize that everyone I know is sad or depressed in some way, and when I try to help...I only seem to make it worse...
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Insanity is just a name, crazy a color, and psychopaths a person.
Secretly...I am Batman.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

ZambieHugger wrote:Sorrow- After taking a good look around me, I realize that everyone I know is sad or depressed in some way, and when I try to help...I only seem to make it worse...
Smiling is contagious. Sometimes it just takes cheery optimism to make someone feel better.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I do face the same problem with unhappy friends, but it is not effecting me as much as normal since I am not really doing much at all with friends anymore.

And on the smiling thing, I dunno why, but if someone is over optimistic, it drains me/makes me tired, causing me to be more unhappy. ^^;
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sleet wrote:We're not super close yet, but I don't think you're a crappy friend!
"You're nothing like Diss!" *giggles*

FYI, I'm actually an exceptional friend and I encourage all of you to oh wait I forgot I avoid social interaction at all costs nevermind.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: Dissension expresses his insecurities based on "facetiously" quoting what he thinks other people think about him and then compensates by calling himself great.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: Got my lasy midterm done
sorrow: work tonight
Joy:Last shift before spring break, and I don't have any class tomorrow, so at roughly 1AM my break officially begins.
Joy: Roommate is going home over break(as are most of the other people onn campus) so I'll be in a mostly empty dorm free to act on any vaugely insane whims I have.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

kurowolfe wrote:Sorrow: I'm a crappy friend, both IRL and online. Nuff said.
Hey, I like you. Stop being so hard on yourself. X3

Sorrow: Anything and everything went wrong right after my birthday. These last three weeks have been a "slowly bang head against the wall and count to ten" time period. I don't feel like talking about every tiny detail, but here's an idea:
AP classes are all about letting you fail tests but still make a good grade in the class after you've stressed yourself to insanity.
I finally got a job that I loved, only to discover that I was covering for someone on maternity leave and now I only work 3 hours on the slowest night of the week. FFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
High school kids suck. Enough said.
Parents. Well... Parents.

Joy: I have friends and a significant other that care about me and that's all I need in the long run. And a college education to start a good life, but you all know what I mean. XD
Joy: I think I'm finally at the point where I can look at someone, who is so insecure about themselves that they feel the need to belittle others, and just walk away. Idiots only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Joy: I now have my weekends completely free again (I used to work Fridays and Saturdays), even though I really did like working Friday nights. D':
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Beagle wrote: AP classes are all about letting you fail tests but still make a good grade in the class after you've stressed yourself to insanity.
What? So basically, grade inflation.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Big long joy: So, I was dressed as the Masked Music Man of Massachusetts Which Incidentally Helps the South Koreans Fight the North Koreans by Blasting Music Over the 38th Parallel, I wore a sweatshirt with the acronym MMMMWIHSKFNKBMO38P on it that I also removed the sleeves and hood from (it was badly burnt), and a portable iHome playing music like stuff from the Half Life 2 soundtrack, Run by Gnarles Barkley, some Rage against the machine, ect. and I wore a gasmask and nobody cared, after the batteries died though, I put another sweatshirt over my sleeveless and hood less one, and became Artyome Gerukavitch, former GRU colonel and he sole protector of Chernobyl. Also, I was late to history and my teacher had already gotten mad at me today, so I decided to just spite her, and so while she was yelling at some other students for arguing, I blasted Run on full volume and danced behind her as she was yelling, and man was that satisfying to do, because she treats us like crap, so she earned it in my opinion. I am now a hero of history class.
Minor sorrow: my finger got burned after I stupidly put it on a recently welded piece of metal.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Wanderer wrote:
Beagle wrote: AP classes are all about letting you fail tests but still make a good grade in the class after you've stressed yourself to insanity.
What? So basically, grade inflation.
AP classes are structured differently. I'm not going to explain the entire system, but just know that the first semester is learning the material, and the second semester is taking ten different concepts and cramming them into one question. It leaves you dazed and confused, but it's not to say that you don't know the topic.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
McFly

Post by McFly »

Sorrow: I'm not sure if I did too well on the last Spanish test...
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sorrow: I'm writing a paper right now and it is incredible hard. If I didn't have a page limit, it would be 42 pages long, but my professor is telling me is can only be 10 pages max, and it is actually really hard trying to summarize all the information that I have into 10 pages.

I know that might sound crazy, but it would be a lot easier if it really was 42 pages. Yes, it would take a little longer, but it would not take nearly as much effort.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Cm4F wrote:Sorrow: I'm writing a paper right now and it is incredible hard. If I didn't have a page limit, it would be 42 pages long, but my professor is telling me is can only be 10 pages max, and it is actually really hard trying to summarize all the information that I have into 10 pages.

I know that might sound crazy, but it would be a lot easier if it really was 42 pages. Yes, it would take a little longer, but it would not take nearly as much effort.
I know this feeling far too well. If you think it's hard in text, it feels so much more difficult in film...I did almost a minute too long in my film...there was no way I could fix it without pulling all my actors together to refilm a scene or two.

And now you know why I prefer courses that have little coursework and rely mainly on tests.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Joy: I actually have a pretty decent wifi signal at work. That's like never happened before. :shock:
------------------

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy:My roommae's beanbag chairs make great pillows, which is good because I apparently have a penchant for waking up on the floor.

Sorrow:spending 90 bucks today

joy:It's to get stocked up for spring break and IM hockey so it's definently worth it
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Sorrow: I can't handle my own problems very well, and I can be irritating and sad, and I don't know of a way to keep a grip on it without feeling bitter. :(

Joy: Interview on Monday!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Thank you for the encouragements Sleet, Seth, Beagle. However, I still feel that it's true that I've not been a good companion to those who know me, and that is unsettling...

Sorrow: The travel to the training center is horrendous, to say the least. 5 hours of lugging my stuff around under heavy rain and stuffing myself into the overpacked train...

Joy: at least the training center itself is really nice and the room's very comfortable.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Joy: Got to spend nearly 24 hours straight at Disneyland for Leap Day and made some new friends and got to hang out with some old ones. :D
Sorrow: Some of my friends couldn't get into the park until after 2am and the lines were so long most of the time was spent waiting in lines. :/
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
McFly

Post by McFly »

Joy: Found out I actually scored an 82% on the Spanish test. :)
:? I still think that test was difficult.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy:

ImageImage

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

kurowolfe wrote:Thank you for the encouragements Sleet, Seth, Beagle. However, I still feel that it's true that I've not been a good companion to those who know me, and that is unsettling...
I know what you mean I worry about whether or not I'm a good friend to the couple people I really care about, it may sound simplistic but just be a better friend. I mean you know what you appreciate in a friend, just make an effort to do those things more.

Joy:Just got my ticket to see Dying fetus when they come to lansing this tuesday.

Joy: 89 on my math exam!!!
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
SirSlappy

Post by SirSlappy »

sorrow: school had a meeting with all my teachers about how badly I'm doing this year.
sorrow: broke my new laptop. Well done me.
[insert witty comment here]
You can PM me if you feel like it.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Joy- We've got a nice thunderstorm going that might last all night
Sorrow- Apparently this same storm has also given birth to some bad tornadoes, so hopefully everybody's doing alright.
Image Image
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Strangely, a proper thunderstorm sounds nice right about now. We've just had overcast skies and light raining lately.

Major Sorrow: A recently discovered problem with the break system has left my car out of commission for an indeterminate amount of time.
Minor Joy: It could have been much worse, the breaks could have failed while I was driving, but that didn't happen.
Minor Joy: I have another vehicle I can use. So I can at least still go a few places once in a while.
Minor Sorrow: Said other vehicle is strictly for runs to near by locations, limiting my options severely.
Minor Joy: Again, it could be worse, I could be stuck in one place entirely, but I'm not.

Overall feeling - Neutral: Could be better, could be worse. I'm still having to give up some stuff I'd rather not, but at least I can still do what I need to be able to. For now I'll just wait and hope that my car is fixed sooner rather than later, but that is outside of my control.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sorrow: I was foolish enough to let my friend drive my car. He had the brilliant idea to purposely drive it into a ditch.
Joy: Luckily another friend was able to pull it out and I didn't have to kill him.
Sorrow: It blows my mind he actually ask if he could drive my car again.
Joy: Went camping and talked to some people from evening to sunrise. I really needed to get away from all the crap.
Last edited by Kitela on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

JOy:Watching old clips from The MIghty Boosh
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: Jak 3 is unarguably the best game ever!!
Last edited by Cm4F on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Alastair

Post by Alastair »

CaptainPea wrote:Joy- We've got a nice thunderstorm going that might last all night
Sorrow- Apparently this same storm has also given birth to some bad tornadoes, so hopefully everybody's doing alright.
Sorrow: Kentucky got BLASTED yesterday. In the southeastern part of state that I'm in, it didn't do too much, but the West Liberty, Salyersville, and some other areas got it.... BAD... Serious damage, and I think a couple deaths reported.

Sorrow/Joy: Henryville, which is the area of Indiana that got a bad tornado, is like 3 miles from my aunt and her families house. They watched the tornadoes pass through from their back yard... Fortunately, it didn't hit them, but it ruined Henryville... It could have very well been them.
------------------

Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Good to hear you and your family are alright, Inali.

Sorrow: Wish I could go camping tonight. So much irrational anger between my friend and his family. :(