Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Cesco

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Cesco »

Silly Zealot wrote:Some of the CDs for Monkey Island 4 and Grim Fandango that we had at home broke before we could finish the games years ago and I could never find a copy of either again. : (
Shame for that. Never happened to me to break a disc accidentally, I use them with caring, I wonder how it can happen...
GameCobra wrote:My cousin likes those types of adventure games. So do I, I just didn't feel like buying any yet, except for Walking Dead. He mostly plays Broken Sword.

If I get a list of them, i'll PL them to you, or maybe post them =P
Good for the list, post it. ;) Once I tried a Broken Sword series game, the second one, maybe. I'm also interested in A New Beginning, Gray Matter and the Secret Files series.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Truth is they didn't work right at certain points to begin with, probably for not getting them in very good condition.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Turns out my cousin looks up the adventure games on this site. He got lots of his adventure games from here and on Steam.: http://www.gameboomers.com/

He personally recommended the Secret Files series, except the last one Sam Peters. He says it's too short. The 3 Runaway games were great too he said.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Final Fantasy Tactics A2.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Flappy bird MMO!
I got 40 points the first time, then went downhill from there.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Skull Kid is an Assist Trophy in the new Smash Bros..
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Is he firing darts or causing the moon to crush you?
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Silly Zealot wrote:Truth is they didn't work right at certain points to begin with, probably for not getting them in very good condition.
So they're broken in that way, probably because of deep scratched. Rarely happened that to me, but this fact is reminding me to check some very old burned discs not used for years, hopefully they should still work... Burned discs are more delicate than industrial printed ones, burning quality counts too to ensure their reading in the years.
GameCobra wrote:Turns out my cousin looks up the adventure games on this site. He got lots of his adventure games from here and on Steam.: http://www.gameboomers.com/

He personally recommended the Secret Files series, except the last one Sam Peters. He says it's too short. The 3 Runaway games were great too he said.
I use to check a website too, the best Italian one for this game genre. Gotta get Secret Files series, then. Runaway interested me since when the first one was released, should play them...
BTW, I'm still waiting for the English version of Memento Mori 2 and can't wait for Syberia 3 releasing after 10 years the second one.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Playing some Ys Memories of Celceta
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

At the moment I have been playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer, on the hunt for the last few PSN trophies for it in order to add another PSN platinum trophy to my collection...it's the last AC series platinum trophy I need of the AC games I have.

I only have two trophies left to get;
One for getting every single multiplayer bonus once at any point throughout playing multiplayer,
and one for getting every team bonus in a single team round.

For the first one, I'm down to only needing one more bonus...a bonus called "Extreme Variety"...you get it for getting 15 other unique bonuses in a round, not counting the other levels of Variety, normal "Variety" for 5 bonuses and "Greater Variety" for 10 bonuses.
It's extreme all right...extremely hard to get, that is...and it doesn't help that I can't seem to get any kind of consistency for how good or bad I am round-by-round.
I could be doing amazing in one round, then suck complete smelly butt hole the next.
I've certainly gained quite a handful of "Greater Variety" bonuses, and I just KNOW I've come extremely close to "Extreme Variety" on at least a couple of occasions, where I was probably, like, one or two bonuses away.
Especially this one time where, after the round looking at the session score, I discovered simply stunning a pursuer woulda completed the list...and, in hindsight, there was a point in that particular round where I missed the perfect opportunity to get that needed stun.
Lately I had gained some consistency though...I was consistantly sucking complete smelly butt hole...getting n00bish scores and also getting pwned by new players...
yes, that old game is still getting new players...or at least it is if all those level 1s I keep running into are to be believed.
Experience has shown that the level shown in game doesn't always equal the level of skill of the player. Hardened Pros could quite easily make a new account, for whatever reason, and trick you into thinking they'd be an easy target, only to make you look foolish.

For the second one...well I've been in my fair share of team games...some of the team bonuses are simple enough, while others are kinda tricky to set up. I have yet to be able to get 'em all in one round. It doesn't help that a lot of the players I run into don't actually treat it like a team game and kinda go off and do their own thing.

So for now I've decided to take a short break from assassinating targets in the hopes that returning with fresh eyes would allow me to be a better player somehow.

I've loaded up a copy of Worms; Armageddon on my PS2.
Yeah, remember that game? I had it a long time ago and I remember it being pretty fun.
I lost that copy at some point donkey's years ago, and now have found another copy in a charity shop.
Clearly I'd forgotten just exactly how fun the game was.
Just hours of entertainment from watching those lil' pink worms get blown sky-high. =^w^=
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Thinking of busting out my copy of Sam & Max Season 2 Beyond Time and Space.
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

The Walking Dead: Season 2 Episode 2 just came out, and I love how brilliant the story is. It does contain violence and swearing obviously, but if you're okay with that then I'd definitely recommend watching some videos or playing it. Anyone here play the game?
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I haven't, but I'm currently trying to beat KH1 for the second time. I made a horrible mistake of playing KH2 first before I played 1.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Every time I think I grinded enough in Disgaea 3, the difficulty spikes up...... Enemies went from Level 105 to Level 200... :(
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Currently watching pewdiepie play Walking dead season 2 episode 2. Too much swearing :/
But I love Clem! Too cute to be in the apocalypse.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

The Blue Fox wrote:At the moment I have been playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer, on the hunt for the last few PSN trophies for it in order to add another PSN platinum trophy to my collection...it's the last AC series platinum trophy I need of the AC games I have.
Lucky you, I also used to play AC:brotherhood on pc with some friends, but now the pc servers are virtually empty :(

A friend also introduced me to the mass effect series recently (I am soo late to the party) so I've been playing that.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Due to the Nintendo Wii having its Wi-Fi shut off globally on the 20th Me and my Brother are venturing onto games looking to make videos before that happens. We just made a darn good start. Look out COD WaW players, we are coming for you! :lol:
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

deepskycyan wrote:
The Blue Fox wrote:At the moment I have been playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer, on the hunt for the last few PSN trophies for it in order to add another PSN platinum trophy to my collection...it's the last AC series platinum trophy I need of the AC games I have.
Lucky you, I also used to play AC:brotherhood on pc with some friends, but now the pc servers are virtually empty :(
Mmm. The Playstation version is probably not as full of players as it was when it was still fresh but it still gets some traffic...enough to get some games going once the server finds 6 or more players to gather together into a room.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I got Skylanders:Swap Force for free by signing up for a credit card, so I'm playing that and Dead Nation:PS4 release lately along with a few others. I got South Partk:The Stick of Truth, but i'm waiting for my guide to come before I start playing that.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Making progress in Tales of Vesperia. That boss fight was a bit annoying in the first part.
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

Arkham Knight just got revealed, so it looks like I will have to go next-gen now...though I'm not sure which system to go with. On the one hand, xbone has Killer Instinct (the only other next-gen exclusive game I'm interested in atm), and on the other, ps4 has a better price tag and potential for awesome stuff in the future (make a new Jak and Daxter, Sony, and you've got a deal!). Thankfully, Persona 5 is current gen, and I have a Wii-U for Smash and X, so I'm set for a bit.

Oh, and I think I'm devoting myself to too many games at a time, lately. ^^; I'm currently working on the Ratchet Collection, Tropical Freeze, Weapon Shop de Omasse, Etrian Oddysey IV, Pokemon Y, Layton Brothers, and Mega Man X2.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

X on WiiU is going to be awesome, I just hope you still have at least some kind of Monado though, even if its the replica.
The giant Mechs will most certainly be fun to use. :D
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Debating if I should get Bravely Default or Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. I really want both of them but can only have one. :(
Last edited by Megamaster on Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm a ToS fanboy/-girl so you know what I'd vote for. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Megamaster wrote:Debating if I should get Bravely Default or Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. I really want both of them but can only have one. :(
ToS! I love this game. One of the best RPG's I've ever played! :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

Personally, I'd go with Tales, but that's just me. On that note, what other great RPGs should be remade? Personally, I'm hoping for a remake of (better yet, sequel to) Skies of Arcadia!

On the other hand, it breaks my heart to see what Capcom is doing to Breath of Fire. Seriously, a mobile phone game?! Granted, from the a few screenshots we've seen, it looks beautiful, but the idea of microtransactions in such a legendary series frightens me.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

To be perfectly honest, I've never played ToS. It's one of the two games in the entire series I haven't played. I really want the game more for the HD Dawn of the New World cause that was my first game in the series. I'm probably gonna save playing the original for the summer.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I dunno if you guys know this, but might as well. Starting from May this year, Nintendo will stop the Nintendo Wifi services for the DS as well as the Wii. Reasons include focusing their resources towards the 3DS and WiiU's Wifi network.

Oh, and Microsoft will stop providing customer service for Microsoft XP starting next month. Reasons? No need to say =w=

Anyways, I've been playing a shooter game for the arcade using an emulator, but I can't speak of it... It's too... well... you know =w=

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I plan to get on with making videos before the Wii is shutdown, and then I will move on to WIIU officially, so I am going to make the Wii online go out in a blast! :lol:
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

I'm honestly playing too many games. Still have to finish Vesperia PS3, Rebirth, Destiny 2, Phantaisia X and Hearts. Those are just the Tales games I haven't finished....
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

All I've been playing for the past 3-4 days is Fire Emblem: Awakening. I've almost gotten every character except for male Morgan and Priam.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

I recently started playing Persona 4 this week. So... are the boss battles SUPPOSED to be this insanely hard? I mean, compared to Persona 3 anyways. I'm still at Yukiko's castle and just got her in the group. The boss Shadow in her room just kicked my butt in the first turn! I'm level 16 right now. Does someone have any tips or anything that'll help?
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Back to the grindfest that is Disgaea 3.....
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I still haven't beaten what I think is the first boss in Xenosaga Episode 1.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

hypernovatic wrote:All I've been playing for the past 3-4 days is Fire Emblem: Awakening. I've almost gotten every character except for male Morgan and Priam.
Is that game not awesome? In one game I did a playthrough with no one but Morgan (except before I could get her, of course). :P

Also, I've been looking into Yoshi's New Island, but I've heard it's gotten awful reviews? I'm questioning it. Let me know if anyone plays it!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

ShadowLightning wrote:I recently started playing Persona 4 this week. So... are the boss battles SUPPOSED to be this insanely hard? I mean, compared to Persona 3 anyways. I'm still at Yukiko's castle and just got her in the group. The boss Shadow in her room just kicked my butt in the first turn! I'm level 16 right now. Does someone have any tips or anything that'll help?
I just went back to look at my last playthrough of the game to see my level. That optional boss in Yukiko's Castle, in my opinion, is a little stronger than most of the optional bosses, perhaps due to it being early in the game and not having as many tactical options. As such, from what I can see, I actually ignored the boss at first and came back after beating the next dungeon, at which my party was approx. level 25 or 26.

Full Tactics Analysis (Put in spoilers so if you want to figure it out yourself, you can): I used the strongest persona I had available for Yu (at the time, A powered up King Frost) using Bufula, Yukiko healing and defending (along with the occasional physical attack, as the boss' resistance to fire made things difficult), Yosuke using Sonic Punch (I actually got a critical hit or two on the boss this way, which is the best way to beat him (a la All Out Attack)), and Kanji dishing out Zionga.

Hope that helps!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Slowly progressing through Persona 4 Golden.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Here is a list of all the games being effected by the service update on the wii and NDS.
Any video streaming services are unaffected, and the wii shop channel should still work, so if you want to buy anything from the virtual console, you still can!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Playing Skylanders:Swap Force and South Park:The Stick of Truth.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I've heard great things about SoT. I need to try it.