Other comics

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Ebly

Re: Other comics

Post by Ebly »

Yes. Dragonboy does tend to take every single little infinitesimal idea from Immy, I've noticed that. So when Immy included Housepets in Halloween, of course Q-kid was going to do it sooner or later.

Anyway, Concession's a testy topic and is best avoided, from what's happened in the past over it.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Ebly wrote:Yes. Dragonboy does tend to take every single little infinitesimal idea from Immy, I've noticed that. So when Immy included Housepets in Halloween, of course Q-kid was going to do it sooner or later.
QFT so hard

Oh, and then there's White Noise.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Ebly wrote:Yes. Dragonboy does tend to take every single little infinitesimal idea from Immy, I've noticed that. So when Immy included Housepets in Halloween, of course Q-kid was going to do it sooner or later.

Anyway, Concession's a testy topic and is best avoided, from what's happened in the past over it.
QuetzaDrake had stolen Peanut's collar a long time ago. To be correct - 20.02.2009
And Halloween special with Housepets costumes, as I remember, was released a while ago... (Am I right? Just answer, please, and I'll stop speaking of concession-related stuff.)
I'm from Russia, so please, don't pay attention to my terrible accent ;)
See me on DeviantArt.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I was more pointing out that QD has no original ideas but I have no idea of when he took that particular one as opposed to Immy.
I don't really pay strict attention to those guys.
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

Another comic, that I forgot to mention before, is The Adventures of Dr. McNinja. It's a strange little comic, but good for a cheap laugh:
http://drmcninja.com/page.php?issue=3

Lilformers is cute too. It use to just be making fun of Transformers stuff, but has branched out to other geek related things as well:
http://www.lilformers.com/
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Here’s one that’s relatively new- http://www.beyond-rapture.com/

The comic is still getting off the ground but seems pretty cool.

Then there’s this comic by the same artist, also worth a read - http://www.godspack.com/
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

[fanboy_mode] Don't know if anyone cares or not, but if anyone was ever interested in getting the DreamKeeper graphic novels, but couldn't afford the $21 price tags, then you might be interested to know that they are now selling digital copies for only $2. Honestly, if you haven't read them, they are more then worth 2 dollars. [/fanboy_mode]
http://www.dreamkeeperscomic.com/GNSaga.htm
Maggles

Post by Maggles »

Other furry comics I read... hmm... let me think...

~DMFA- The first webcomic I've ever read and I'm still reading to this day. I've been reading it since it started off as a black and white comic (which was years ago FYI). If you have not seen it yet then you are really missing out.

~Carp Diem- Second furry comic I've read. Drawn by various artists and written by Graveyard Greg. If you like relationships then you should give this one a read.

~Beyond The Veil- A comic that started not too long ago. Even though it is still early days for the comic, I would highly reccomend you reading this. The artwork is beautiful and the detail on some of the characters are amazing.

And of course there is Housepets. <3

Other than these, I don't read any other furry webcomics (or any other webcomics apart from Lightbringer). Some have come and gone in my life. Most of them are dead and others I just lost interest in.

Aaaaaand that is all from me. *ninja cloud of smoke*
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

The comics I read are...
MS Paint Adventure, Hectic story that involves a lot of random happening all over. Updates around 6 or so times a day.
Looking for Group, WoW comic.
TwoKinds, Story of Animal People and Humans.
Dreamland Chronicles, Story of someone with Dreams that are semi-real.
VG Cats, never updates though.
And of course Housepets!
Jack

Post by Jack »

BCB = Bittersweet Candy Bowl. i just finished reading it and.... ITS GUT-WRENCHING!!! i was so sad when i ran out of pages... ._.
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

Jack wrote:BCB = Bittersweet Candy Bowl. i just finished reading it and.... ITS GUT-WRENCHING!!!
What's so gut-wrenching about it? You know everything's going to end in violence towards the least-deserving characters.
Jack

Post by Jack »

not always! but... mike and lucy should be together! DX
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
The Game

Post by The Game »

Goshidy!
I just remembered!
Bleedman! That dude....
okay, so sugar bits. Some call it dumb, I call it awesome!
Foldo

Post by Foldo »

The webcomics I like to read are :

Of course!
By Rick Griffin
Rank on TWC : only 42!
Consequence :Image

By Tracy J. Butler : An awesome gangster cat comic.
There isn't this webcomic on TWC.

By A. Barra : there are anthros, humans, science-fiction, adventure, crazy scientists and drama. *contains violence*
Rank on TWC : only 273 (you can vote here)

By Samantha Whitten and Stacey Pefferkorn : "A loud mouth little girl and a clueless mute bounty hunter. The perfect duo!"
Rank on TWC : 36

Digger, by Ursula Vernon : "A wombat heroine, a dead God, a very peculiar epic" Also vampire veggies, a demon raised to be good, a tribe of hyenas, and much more."
Rank on TWC : 31

By Tom Fishbach: a Fantasy Manga.
Rank on TWC : 3 (consequence : I've never voted for it)

I also read Original Life for a while, but I liked less and less the scenario (and this is only one of many reasons).
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Ebly wrote:It's not random.

It's a metaphor for the environment of the planet and humans' reactions to climate change. See, towards the beginning of this planet's existence it was heavily volcanically active, hence the explosion. The words "totally awesome eagle" are used to introduce the fact that the eagle is an allegory of the environment, since an eagle is something we see as free and unrestricted, which the environment is also similarly unrestricted. The use of 'totally awesome' is to make reference to the immature 'pop' science that is being propagated in reference to the environment today.

In the next three panels, we see how for a very long time the 'eagle', or the environment of the planet (essentially the global climate) goes back and forth in a dynamic (continually changing) state. The use of a skateboard in a half-pipe is used to demonstrate not only the speed of the changes but also that the whole planet appears to follow a pattern of climate changes looping constantly. The use of the basically repeated panels is to emphasize the fact that this natural transitioning is in place for many millions of years.

The last two panels are where the focus lies, however. We have already had demonstrated to us the dynamic nature of the planet's climate, however in the final panel of this, the climate is depicted as having gone higher than before. In the panel after this, we have the eagle screaming 'aw yeah'. Now, given that we have already defined the eagle as being the climate, this would not usually make sense. However, one should note that the bald eagle is the American national animal - while this eagle is not bald, the sentiment remains in it as a representation of the populace in this context. In this new light, the last panel makes a whole lot more sense. As the background appears clearly to be similar to the shape of a sun, clearly alluding to the rising global temperature we are presently experiencing. However, this is not the point of the panel, and we can see that the added heat is in fact not affecting the eagle directly nor is it relevant enough to be the subject of the panel. Despite the obvious lack of importance of the temperature, in addition to what we have been shown of the planet's history, the populace is crying out against this which is represented by the 'aw', and agreeing with each other constantly, represented by the 'yeah'. The eagle appears to be in a deeply-rooted fear for its life, despite the fact it is wearing a helmet that has scratches to show it has encountered worse before. This is to say that us, as humans, have experienced much worse conditions in the past and survived yet despite this we still have, as I mentioned prior, a deeply-rooted fear of change - especially the change of something we see as so important as the climate of our planet.

Clearly, the sentiment is to challenge the fact that despite billions of years of natural change, we as humans are so afraid of the pseudo-science behind modern day climate change that we have resolved to stop the planet's natural climate change altogether, which is something that would be wholly devastating for it and to that extent us.

The humour is in the sarcastic mockery of our nature and at the same time is a politically-motivated speaking out against the attitude held towards climate change in the present day.

........................ :shock:
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Jack wrote:vg cats
furthia high
concession
twokinds
original life
better days
the comic by our very own toasty jester
jack
vinci and arty
sergom
and maybe some other things that i can't remember right now.
Ah, another Better Days/Original Life fan. Would you like a link to some of my Better Days fanfiction?
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Er, no, I think we'd rather not have that kind of material on these forums.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Here are the furry webcomics I either read or used to read. Links are provided to the PG and G comics. The rest you can search for at your own discretion.

-This one
-Better Days - Started out full of great (tragic) drama, but eventually turned very lazy, soapboxy and self-indulgent (if this were another forum I would have used an M-word). Still interesting nonetheless.
-Faux Pas - adorable and professional enough to see print. Light on the laughs, but still very lighthearted fun.
-Freefall - An extreme longrunner with lots of science jokes.
-Fuzzy Things - Not that great, but I have a soft spot in my heart for it. It's fairly derivative of works like Rugrats and the Sonic the Hedgehog comic books, but it's adorable, the art is good and I really like the world it's set in.
-Jack - Disgusting, but very good. At times heart-wrenching, at times philosophical.
-Lackadaisy - Quite possibly the most professional furry webcomic ever. Gorgeous art, writing that borders on poetry, and interesting characters.
-Ozy and Millie (finished) - Very reminiscent of Calvin and Hobbes. You'd think its similarities would work against it, but it captures the feel fairly well to the point where I'd say it's a plus. Does get somewhat offensively soapboxy at times, but it gets over it pretty quickly.
-Sequential Art - Not that good, but it's worth the several seconds a day it costs me to read it.
-Two Kinds - Same here. The art is fairly good at least.
-VG Cats - Never updates, and has fallen in quality as of late. Still, it's one of my first webcomics and an occasional gem is made. Non-video game fans need not apply.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Justice193

Post by Justice193 »

hmm... this would be easier if a list was compiled int the first post >.> anyways, this one doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet:

http://www.abominable.cc/2010/05/12/con ... the-field/
about animals living in a forest, a yeti, and their plight against humanity.

I also read all of Tiffany Ross's comics:
http://shivae.net/

and many others that have already been mentioned.

hmm, after a double check:
http://happletea.com/?p=442
[quote=about page]Happle Tea is a comic written and drawn by one Scott Maynard and is the only comic that excoriates religion, pop culture, and politics while, at the same time, lauding the world of cryptozoology.[/quote]
[acronym=© Justin TR Clark, May 11th, 2010.]*It is not enough for us to simply pursue our dreams; we must lift our enemies to their feet.[/acronym]
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

ahahaha this is spectacular
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I've seen that all over /co/ it is either a massive coincidence (yea right like I'd believe that) or Tim has just gotten even lazier then normal. Not that I really care I haven't read CAD since the marriage proposal.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

well at least the jokes are funny , right?
right?

I cant laugh at CAD.
I think I giggled once...

this is there latest... i don't get it,
OWmyGOD HER FACE JUST TURNED AROUND THE SUN!
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Bruin

Post by Bruin »

I tend to switch off between...
-Gaming Guardians (Catch-all of geekery/furry-ish - humor/story) http://www.gamingguardians.com/index.html
-Catena (Furry Humor) http://catenamanor.com/
-Penny Arcade (Video Game Humor) http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/
-CAD (already mentioned)
-Daily Quests (WoW Humor) http://daily-quests.com/comic/
-WoW, Eh (WoW Humor/Story) http://woweh.com/

Besides the obvious of Housepets! of course.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Lol, that is way cute :>

EDIT: Also, yay for druids :D
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Liam

Post by Liam »

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

@ liam, I was first thinking about posting that one first.
But I found Druids turning into bears less random then a guy getting attacked by a red ninja...
I think my logic brain nerve just stopped functioning
Liam

Post by Liam »

Hmm, I wonder how the Internet's #1 wrestling comic looks like.

Hurpdurp.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Liam wrote:Image
So, I just wanted you to know, Liam, you have gotten me addicted to Boxer Hockey. So, thank you. For getting me addicted. To Boxer Hockey. Meh.
Also I have a wierd ability to relate to Rittz.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Foldo

Post by Foldo »

Who said cats can see only in black and white?
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Foldo wrote:Image
...Waaaaaiiittt...isn't that one of the Vote incentive comics for Panthera?

You think DZ is okay with you posting that? (It's funny, BTW)
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Foldo

Post by Foldo »

Uh... I don't know. I have not really thought about. :oops:

But there is no incentive to vote more for Panthera and read the comic? :|

edit: maybe I sould only writing the link for voting?
Last edited by Foldo on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Teh Brawler wrote:So, I just wanted you to know, Liam, you have gotten me addicted to Boxer Hockey.
Good, my work's done here.

If someone shows interest in Rival Angels I've reached my quota this year.
Enty

Post by Enty »

Anybody else read Order of the Stick?
This is not a signature.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Liam wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:So, I just wanted you to know, Liam, you have gotten me addicted to Boxer Hockey.
Good, my work's done here.

If someone shows interest in Rival Angels I've reached my quota this year.
You're not a miracle worker.
Enty wrote:Anybody else read Order of the Stick?
I did, but it got too long for my tastes. I jumped in late, and I have a tendency to read through the entire archives of a comic.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Foldo wrote:Image
lol I like that strip.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Liam

Post by Liam »

ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Knite

That is all.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4