2016/01/09 - Not Over Until Its Over

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
NathanielKing

Re: 2016/01/09 - Not Over Until Its Over

Post by NathanielKing »

Not A Furry wrote:I'm gonna prudently sit the PG one out, but genders are shown to exist as early as august 2008, not only that but they're also implied to be "visible" if one were to look. The "doll" aspect of their genitalia is also implied to be an artistic and PG-friendly choice rather than canonical.

Please understand that I differentiate between gender-identity and genders as organs. Genders are there, I did not question that. Organs of any of that sort are, as you said, "implied", thereby possible, likely so, but not necessarily existent.

Which I do not state as an opinion but as an aspect that should be considered in a discussion that in my point of view builds more and more on top of assumptions, emotions, implications, and less on facts, and drifts away further and further from it's origin: the comic strip.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Arvetis wrote:This applies to Not A Furry's objecting to "the trend of making up... you know what, never mind" too. Have the courage of your convictions or don't say it at all.
It's not about "having the courage", believe me I have a lot to say on the matter and would love to, but as two mods already said, we should keep it civil and that's not the path to go with the conversation. I wanted to point out that I disagree with that point without getting into a discussion that would 100% sure hit the fan, which is completely different from "not having the courage".
NathanielKing wrote:Please understand that I differentiate between gender-identity and genders as organs. Genders are there, I did not question that. Organs of any of that sort are, as you said, "implied", thereby possible, likely so, but not necessarily existent.
IIRC there has never been a gender identity conflict in the comic yet, so I don't see the problem with associating genders to organs.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

We're a touch off-topic here and treading in somewhat choppy waters, so let's get back to discussing the current comic, please.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Yep. Thread successfully derailed, I'm gonna stop commenting now.
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

Obbl wrote:We're a touch off-topic here and treading in somewhat choppy waters, so let's get back to discussing the current comic, please.
Which would be the second option I said (or don't say it at all), and was really the point of my post.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Steve's always gonna get his mice, I suppose!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Not when he continues screaming like that. xD
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Those poor kangaroos - now they'll be sleeping and dreaming of a cat that knocks down your door and throws mice at you - with his shovel.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Cyon

Post by Cyon »

Such a lovely arc. Short but to the point, it's nice to see some more character development for the roos :D
Argent

Post by Argent »

So, did he mean "rain of blood and terror" or "reign of blood and terror"?

And if he literally means a "rain of blood and terror" I hope he's cleaning up after himself.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

I enjoyed this little arc. Roosevelt and Bruce: probably one of the more stable couples overall, aside from family tensions over color.
And as Steve proved, every cat has his day... at night.
VoidGaming404

Post by VoidGaming404 »

schradieck wrote: why can't you guys just accept what happened and move on? it's just a comic, don't like it or the creators opinions? make your own comic
Because this is the internet, where people argue about everything because they feel anonymous. However, I agree with you, if people don't like what's happening in the comic, nobody is wrenching their arm and forcing them to read it.
Life is like a rollercoaster, sure there's ups and downs, but you may find that it can throw you for a loop!

~VoidGaming404

Christmas Avatar was made by Jolty-Kun

Original Avatar was made by Buster
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I'm a little late and I know everyone's freaking out about this comic for whatever reason, but I just realized something mind blowing!

Guys... I think Grape might be a girl! :o
ImageImageImageImage
VoidGaming404

Post by VoidGaming404 »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:I'm a little late and I know everyone's freaking out about this comic for whatever reason, but I just realized something mind blowing!

Guys... I think Grape might be a girl! :o
*Gasp* How did we not see this before?! The clues have been there all along! :shock:
Life is like a rollercoaster, sure there's ups and downs, but you may find that it can throw you for a loop!

~VoidGaming404

Christmas Avatar was made by Jolty-Kun

Original Avatar was made by Buster
kuisbright

Post by kuisbright »

They finally kiss on screen after 8 years <3

also...How does one buy the cute couple stickers?? I'm so out of the loop :0
Dissension wrote:To recapitulate what Rick said on the last page, Bruce and Roosevelt have pretty much always been a couple. I've said, and he's said, they're in a relationship. They're even included in this couples-themed sticker pack (photo by RemonyRavine), so (taken in concert with their appearances in the comic) it's not like their relationship comes out of left field.