2019/03/29 - You Have The Floor

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
HundKatzeMaus

Re: 2019/03/29 - You Have The Floor

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

GameCobra wrote:
Argent wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Actually, there is no confirmation that Max and Sabrina broke up because of Dragon, but there is evidence to suggest it was done to have Sabrina become Dragon's next avatar.
Where do you get that?
Well, just that one time Sabrina had green eyes.

Also, I recall hearing Rick saying that one time as well, but forget where...
Well Sabrina was Tarot's substitute and it could really be that Dragon wanted to be prepared for the case something happens...which is kinda of a dark implication... :?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Dying in their duel could've been a possibility, but the other possibility is that they lose their powers. less dark =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

GameCobra wrote:Dying in their duel could've been a possibility, but the other possibility is that they lose their powers. less dark =P
I was thinking that maybe one Demigod could arrange something to happen to the Avatar of another Demigod, but then I remembered that Kitsune said he would make sure nothing would happen. :oops:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I think it was mentioned by Pete that they don't do anything that doesn't already naturally happen to them. That's pretty broad.

Also, I thought Sabrina was basically being trained to be the next avatar.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

OK maybe Dragon didn't break up Max and Sabrina but I find it to be a PRETTY big coincidence that the avatars that Pete wanted (Grape, Fido and Peanut) suddenly got attached and were no longer viable. Then again if Dragon wanted to derail Pete's plans for Grape, Peanut and Fido, it could have been as easy as putting Grapenut together like what was teased and then controlled Tarot to get with Fido. I could see it as Dragon already had Tarot but wanted a second avatar and happened to find Sabrina when she dumped Max. Since Max and Grape happened organically, all Dragon had to do was use her two avatars to stop Pete from using Fido and Peanut.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

D-Rock wrote:I think it was mentioned by Pete that they don't do anything that doesn't already naturally happen to them. That's pretty broad.

Also, I thought Sabrina was basically being trained to be the next avatar.
Makes you wonder because Sabrina is pretty old so if she was supposed to replace Tarot, how old is Tarot? :shock:
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Then again if Dragon wanted to derail Pete's plans for Grape, Peanut and Fido, it could have been as easy as putting Grapenut together like what was teased and then controlled Tarot to get with Fido.
That's pretty much exactly how Tarot described it. Dragon wanted Peanut and Grape to get together in order to remove them as possible candidates, but if Grape decided to stay with Max, then Tarot would stay with Peanut.
Also, while it has been suggested by several forumites that Sabrina was paired with Fido for similar reasons, it's equally plausible that they came together entirely without outside influence, since they are shown to have had a secret relationship since before Fido's first appearance in the comic and certainly before Pete first appeared in Grape's dream. I personally prefer the idea that a slightly younger Fido developed a crush on Sabrina that evolved into what they have today :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't know. It's just really confusing to think about and to try to put it all together. Stuff that isn't written in stone. No way of knowing if some couples broke up because of Pete and Dragon's influences or because they happened to get to their end of their relationship by themselves. Just really exhausting to put everything in correct order. It makes my brain hurt. X.X
Argent

Post by Argent »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:
GameCobra wrote:
Argent wrote:Where do you get that [Sabrina broke up with Max so she could be Dragon's next avatar]?

Well Sabrina was Tarot's substitute and it could really be that Dragon wanted to be prepared for the case something happens...which is kinda of a dark implication... :?
What does that have to do with breaking up with Max?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It could be something or it could be nothing at all. Max and Sabrina might have ended on their own or Dragon might have wanted Sabrina as her avatar and wanted to prevent Pete from using Grape. It's complicated to say the least.
Argent

Post by Argent »

OK, that's your headcanon, and its an OK headcanon, but it's not evidence.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I'm guessing the Max-Sabrina is filed under "Arc-For-Future-Reveal" in a shoebox under Rick's bed.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That depends on how much room he has under there. :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I'm tempted to answer ……. nah, I'm overdue for a censor-slap!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You should be careful with that and how you get it because bad things can happen when it does come around!
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Macsen wrote:Tarot? Blushing?!

Has Tarot ever blushed like that before?

Still, what did this arc even do?

...besides showing Peanut getting a little friendly with Tarot, which I just now noticed and is probably why she's blushing. >.>

It's becoming clear Peanut and Tarot are nowhere near that "friendly" with each other as often as Grape and Maxwell have demonstrably been throughout the course of their relationship.
In all 198 strips Tarot is in by this point, this is the only one where you can see her blushing.
Gameb18oy wrote:(who by the way, did Rick ever clarify how Sabrina factor into the demigod’s game? Were they sharing the role like Ptah and Satau did, or was Tarot training her to take over after her?)
rickgriffin wrote:Sabrina is apprentice to Tarot, who is Dragon’s Avatar. This means that, should anything happen to Tarot, Sabrina takes on the role of Dragon’s Avatar. Although Sabrina doesn’t have Avatar powers, she does have some natural psychic ability.

(Implied) Tarot was apprenticed to Dragon’s previous Avatar. Avatars don’t live forever, they are in succession and take on the mantle one after the other. Dragon can transfer the power whenever she likes, but it must abide by the Convoluted Rules and succession is one of the methods that preserve the power the best.
Ptah and Satau weren't sharing the role. Satau was Dragon's Avatar. Ptah's magic hat was outside of the game and was given because Dragon didn't want Satau to abuse his powers to conqueror the cats.
HundKatzeMaus wrote:Actually all we need to know how avatar is choosen. Does the person need a certain amount of spiritual power or something?
Different classes get bonuses for different things. The three Pete told us about, Dream Sunderer, Dark Paladin, and White Avenger get bonuses for completely different things. I guess the answer to your question is, "by fitting any one of presumably many seemingly arbitrary criteria better than anyone else around:.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Joel wasn't even anywhere near the choice that Pete wanted but ended up getting stuck with him due to unforeseen on his end circumstances.

He wanted Grape first so to stop him from taking her, Dragon broke Max and Sabrina up and put Max and Grape together so Grape would be attached and unusable. She then put Peanut and Tarot and Fido and Sabrina together because Pete's next choices were Peanut and Fido. I don't think Dragon ever thought about Pete turning a human into a pet and using him so Pete claiming King before Dragon could do anything must have been a real annoyance to Dragon who thought she had the upper hand.
My belief is that Spirit Dragon broke up Maxwell and Sabrina to tie down Fido and Max getting together with Grape was a lucky side effect (she still had Tarot forcing Grapenut as a back-up plan). Again, I recognize there are alternative explanations, but regardless if that's true or not, we know Pete went after Fido before Grape because Fido was already in a relationship before Pete made any move on Grape.
GameCobra wrote:
Argent wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Actually, there is no confirmation that Max and Sabrina broke up because of Dragon, but there is evidence to suggest it was done to have Sabrina become Dragon's next avatar.
Where do you get that?

Presumably, being in a relationship with Max wouldn't prohibit Sabrina from becoming an Avatar since the loveless requirement was specific to Dream Sunderers.
Last edited by Champion Wallace on Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Champion Wallace wrote:we know Pete went after Fido before Grape because Fido was already in a relationship before Pete made any move on Grape.
This assumes that Fido and Sabrina were incapable of getting into a relationship all on their own :P
As much as this is a possibility that has been bandied about ever since Fido appeared to be included among the Dream Sunderers, it's certainly not something we know for sure.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Actually, the sentence before what you quoted is where I make the assumption that they didn't fall in love on their own. If it were bulletproof it would be more than just a theory. I will however, defend the idea that Pete wanted Fido since not only was there a piece for him, it's eyes were Pete yellow instead of Fido orange-brown.
The cape comes with the promotion.